• Home
  • /
  • Authors
  • /
  • Quietmahoganystorm

Quietmahoganystorm

Quietmahoganystorm

9 Works, 370 Followers, 62 Following

AboutWorksFollowingLists

About Quietmahoganystorm

I prefer Black female leads with men of various ethnicities. The women in my stories are strong in many unexpected and nontraditional ways. I don't believe in the archetypal "strong black woman" because being a woman in this world means you have to be strong to begin with. I like the complexities of a relationship that go beyond the participant's skin tone (or sexual preference for that matter). Skin color is just another level of attraction - getting to know who a person is the point. I believe there is more to a story than a neat and tidy "happy ending". To me, that term should only be used in reference to what can be achieved in an illegitimate massage parlor, not a story about two people trying to muddle their way through this thing called life. Life is full of happy surprises, unexpected joys, palpable pain, and overwhelming grief, but mostly it's mundane. The point is to keep going - and that's why I write. Life ain't always happy, and it may not have the best ending. If this is too much for this audience's sensibilities, sorry. I write in this medium because I enjoy it, and I'm developing my skills as a writer. Updates: 2.2.12: Just so I don't get hate mail, please know that I am working on chapter 2. I have the idea formed for where I want the story to go, but it's just working out all the details to make the story worth reading. I'm hoping to be finished with the second submission before the end of this month. Thanks for reading! 2.21.12: Chapter 2 of The Arrangement is up for viewing. Thanks all! 3.12.12: Hey everyone! I'm still waiting to hear back on Chpt. 3 of the arrangement from my editor. Thanks for your patience! 3.14.12: Well, I just submitted a new story (unfortunately not the 3rd chp. of the arrangement) and it's a longer one than my other submissions. 3.22.12: Chapter 3 of the arrangement has been submitted. Hopefully it will go through. Expect another wild ride y'all. :D 4.23.12: I've been busy working on a bunch of stories and have been back and forth on them. Stories have been popping up left and right and driving me a bit bonkers. As it stands, I'm working on a sequel to Treasure, chpt. 4 of the arrangement, and a new one. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get them out soon, but I'll be changing locations in the very near future, which will throw a monkey wrench into my plans on updating. So please don't hate me (too much) for not updating sooner than anticipated. I will be feeding my own addiction to writing and providing more of my crazy fiction to the masses. Thanks! 5.1.12: I have a new blog which features some of my stories. It is http://qmsstories.blogspot.com/ Check it out & leave feedback for me there too! Thanks! 6.2.12: Well, I didn't fall off the face of the earth or die, life just dealt me a harsh blow late last year and I did something about it that affected everything, of which i'm still reeling & trying to get back to a sense of normalcy. I am still writing (hooray for small miracles) and I'm definitely still reading. Don't give up on me with the arrangement - the muse for that one has flitted away briefly to focus on a new story. Once I have completed the story in its entirety then I will post it on Lit, then I will go back to The Arrangement. There are scheduled twists and turns and some pretty screwed up stuff ('cuz that's how my warped little mind works), but I promise that my characters for the arrangement will find some sense of love for each other. Thanks again for reading, commenting, loving & hating my work. Constructive criticism and feedback are more than welcome. 12.27.12: Well, I joined the world of facebook - just checking it out. Friend me @Quietmahoganystorm on facebook. Also on twitter. 11.10.13: Oh boy...thank you all for giving me time to continue writing. Chapter 5 of the arrangement should be up by the middle of this week, as it will be submitted tonight. I hope you all enjoy the development of the story. Once again, no editor - it's all me. Anyone wanting to help me edit would be great. Otherwise, it is what it is. :) Update: 1.8.2018 Wow! 2018 is here. I need to get chapter 6 up so this story and these characters can finish being in my head and on a screen. I left a message on the end of chapter 5, and i'll briefly repeat it - I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, died or anything. I've stopped writing because sometimes that happens. I'm working on a pretty big life goal (nope, not marriage...yet) I do want to get back into this story though. In the small bits of time that I do have, I'll make sure to dedicate a few hours to writing and fleshing all this out. Thanks so much for your patience with me. :) Take it easy and have a fantastic 2018!

Gender: Female

Location: California

Statistic

Member since: 12 Years Ago

Updated: A Long Time Ago

Stories: 9

Followers: 370

Following: 62

My favorites: 210

My comments: 111

Series published: 1

More about me

Weight: Average

Height: Average

Orientation: Straight

Dating Status: Single

  • Home
  • /
  • Authors
  • /
  • Quietmahoganystorm

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 109 milliseconds