• Home
  • /
  • Authors
  • /
  • JayDiver

JayDiver

JayDiver

16 Stories, 228 Followers, 100 Following

AboutWorksFollowingLists

About JayDiver

Since this is labeled a biography page I thought I'd updated and include an incognito biography that might explain some of my writing style, and stumbling grammar. Plus I'm struggling with writers block and boredom. I was born in the fall of the year at the exact midpoint of the last century. Snow, ice and evergreen country... High mountain lakes and clear running streams that I've never left. Proud father, grandfather and great-grandfather. Bald head (shaved), neat beard, 6 foot and 180 pounds of average. One prominent facial feature led to the taunting nickname of Eagle Beak, thus my painting that is my Lit. page avatar. A fourteen year (and counting) cancer survivor, that still kicked my ass... medical disability in my late 50s. I'm a high IQ (for what that's worth) laid-back, procrastinating underachiever. An introspective introvert, especially with the ladies. I've always been more comfortable inside a book, or my own mind, than socializing with a group of people. "If I have money, I buy books. If I have money left over, I buy food." If I'm correct that's a quote accredited to Ralph Waldo Emerson. It applied to my life too, as my book buying often affected the family budget. Not only have I always read voraciously, I'm a natural speed reader too. 2500 words/min with 93% comprehension was the test result my eighth grade teacher made me take three times. The novel was Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace. Yet my high school English grades were never more than C minus or D. That and speed reading are what I blame my writing style on. A natural speed reader skips through the high points of a sentence leaving out most of the small words, adjectives and small verbs. So I find myself going back through things I've written fiddling with them trying to add in what's necessary. An introspective introvert often writes with a passive and wordy voice. My recent writing has gotten better because I've started using Scrivener for first draft, outline and story organization. Dragon Naturally 13 for writing and MS Word with Pro Writing aid for final draft and editing. But if somebody wants to mentor/Beta read/edit please let me know. Dipping my toe into the very cold water of college was stopped by my girlfriend eating watermelon seeds/impending fatherhood. That started me on my teenage blue-collar career and there I remained, until a ten year stint in lower-level management. Then the big C put an end to my working career. Proper sentence structure, spelling and grammar are not necessary in most of the blue-collar jobs that took up the middle 30+ years of my life. Wrench twister, plumber, electrician, welder, logging truck driver, steam engineer and boilermaker showed me as a 'jack of all trades master of none.' Recreation and hobbies were the same; painting and drawing, computer tweaking, woodworking, gymnastics, soccer, skydiving, basketball, snow skiing, flyfishing, rifle shooting and bow hunting. But I was mediocre at most, excelled at none, still had a lot of fun though. "Since you read so much you should try writing." Was a comment that I've heard most of my life. A late in life divorce, medical disability and boredom brought on this attempt. Instead of starting out writing the great American novel I thought I'd try short stories first. Having been a long time Literotica reader (decade plus) posting here was a no-brainer. Reading Literotica stories really helps with the book budget. I'll probably branch out to other sites soon. I don't consider myself an author...yet. More a campfire grandpa telling oral stories of life. After the children have gone to sleep the stories can get adult and sexy. But the stories I like to both read and write are 90% life and 10% or less sexy. J is the initial of my first name and I loved skydiving, thus JayDiver. Over the Top was my first story posted. That, Under Life with Aftermath are the trilogy of Missy's story. The Painting and Painting in Color are the story of Jake's path back from cancer. Just a Glimpse was my first foray into Loving Wives category. Cost of a Glimpse is the second half and a direct response to reader comments. The rest are all one-off stories. Upcoming are the twenty chapters of The Coterie (50% completed) also the almost completed, assisted evolution story entitled First Watching. Started are a Loving Wives story titled, Eulogy of a Cad. Also a humorous story called Morty Writes Porn, and maybe non-erotic story entitled, Of Camels and Facebook. Thus the incognito biography of JayDiver... Happy reading.

Gender: Male

Location: Pac North West

Statistic

Member since: 8 Years Ago

Updated: A Long Time Ago

Stories: 16

Followers: 228

Following: 100

My favorites: 126

My comments: 143

More about me

Weight: Average

Height: Tall

Orientation: Straight

Dating Status: Single

Fetishes: none

  • Home
  • /
  • Authors
  • /
  • JayDiver

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 117 milliseconds