3 Is a Magic Number Ch. 17

"Pack a few things, Jack. We have to leave right now." Katie said this even as she turned her back on her father's crumpled form and headed upstairs. I pulled so clothes onto my naked body. I grabbed a gym bag, and shoved a few outfits in it, and grabbed a couple pairs of shoes. I almost collided with Katie as she rushed down the stairs. She was carrying a backpack stuffed full of her belongings. I saw my mom helping my dad to his feet. He was still leaning heavily against the wall.

"Are you OK, Katie?" She nodded, and pulled me out the front door into the night. I was pointedly looking at the drying blood on her face.

"I'm fine, Jack. Head wounds always bleed a lot." I took her at her word. "You take your car, and I will take mine, and we will meet at Julia's." I nodded to her, and headed out to the street where the Porsche was parked.

Sometimes life gives you lemons, and you make lemonade. Sometimes you just suck the lemons. Everything changes. It would take me a long time to accept this change. Family is important to me; Katie, Julia, and our unborn baby were my only family now.

*****

So... This is the last chapter that I am just editing from my previous version. Now comes the hard part of writing an ending that does this story justice. I am pretty sure that I know what happens. I never really know until I write it. Please be a little patient with me, but expect me to submit it within a couple of weeks.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 28 milliseconds