A Husband For Maria

Two days before, Johnny had started thirty days leave. He had twenty eight more to go. His commander had noticed that Johnny hadn't taken any leave in two years, and had more than sixty days leave on his records. Since an Officer can only carry sixty days of leave time on the books, Johnny was losing leave at the rate of two and one half days each month. Johnny had been ordered to take thirty days leave. Now!

When Maria first opened her eyes, she was confused. The room she was in was huge, com- pared to her dorm room, and the bed was king- sized. With a happy smile she realized where she was and why she was here. Maria got out of bed and moments later, with a sobbing cry, rushed into the bathroom. There she was very ill. From behind her the bathroom door flew open and Carmelita burst into the room, followed closely by Johnny. "Are you okay, little one?" Carmelita cooed. "Carmelita is here and will take good care of you.Johnny, get out of here, this is woman stuff." Johnny walked out laughing, "Woman stuff huh?"

After Carmelita had fixed Maria, what she called her morning sickness breakfast, Maria found herself feeling much better and able to face the day. Johnny motioned her outside where she saw a small moving van and two men to go with it. Johnny gave the men the address and tucking Maria into the Marcedes, headed across the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge toward Oakland and Berkeley.

When they arrived, Maria took them to her room and showed them what was hers. The two movers shooed her from the room. They knew what they were doing. Johnny decided that Maria would need a car to get around in after they were married and he was back at work. He loved her, but no way was he going to let her have his Mercedes. Not for a while anyway. They drove into downtown Oakland and went to a car dealership where Maria saw a bright red Camaro and she told Johnny that she would love to have a car like that....So Johnny bought it for her. The dealer was happy to sell the new Camaro, but he was disappointed that the little Mercedes wasn't going to be traded in.

Johnny wrote them a check for the car, then gave them his address in San Rafael. He ordered it delivered within ten days and he specified what service he wanted performed on the car.

Back in the Mercedes, Maria asked Johnny. "Will they really deliver the car to me, all the way over in Marin County? Are you rich or something?" Johnny shrugged his shoulders and grinned at her. She couldn't believe what he had just done, but she liked it. Strange! Johnny handed her the title to the Camaro. She read, John and Maria O' Rourke, owners. Maria stared at the piece of paper for several moments, then she smiled at him. An odd feeling of possessiveness swept through her and Maria shivered slightly. They drove back to the University and when they arrived, the movers were just finishing up.

"Now," Johnny told her, "The most important thing of the day. Its time to go buy a ring." Maria stared at him, she felt something stirring inside her that she had never felt before. Was she afraid of what was happening to her? Could it be love? She had nothing to compare it with. Then it came to her...She would just have to ask Carmelita, she'd know.

"There was a young fellow that has been over here three or four times, looking for you. I told him I didn't know when you would be back or where your things were going. I told him that your things were going into storage for now....was that all right.? One of the movers told Maria.. "Oh yes, thank you. Everything you did was perfect." Maria said. Then she turned to Johnny, and almost begging said, "Let's get out of here."

They drove across the Bay Bridge into San Francisco, where Johnny took her to an very exclusive jewlry store. There he let her pick out their rings. There was an engagement and wedding ring for her and a wedding band for him. Maria was terrified, because she really didn't know how much they could spend on wedding rings.

The Jeweler saved the day for her by pulling out a tray of lower priced rings. Johnny looked at the man and shook his head, then he turned his thumb up and the Jeweler knew what he meant. The next tray contained some of the most exquisite rings she had ever seen. Maria pointed to a dainty ring with a small solitaire diamond. Johnny pointed to one with a larger stone, but still not ostentatious. Maria shook her head, the small solitaire was the one she wanted. The narrow gold band that went with it was simple and plain. The ring for Johnny was too.

"If that's the one you want, that's it." Johnny told her. The Jeweler took the rings and put them into a small box that was shaped like a heart. Maria walked to the front of the store while Johnny paid. When they got back into the car, she looked at Johnny and shyly asked. "May I wear it Johnny?" Johnny smiled at her, took the solitaire from the box and slipped it onto her third finger. "It's odd Maria, but I find myself wanting to get down on my knees again. But, this makes it official, you can't change your mind now.

Maria knelt on the seat and reached across the car, she took Johnny's face into her hands and tenderly kissed him. Lightening bolts sizzled through both of them and the tender kiss turned into one with fire in it. Fire that raged for a moment and then suddenly went out as there were about a dozen people, including the Jeweler, standing on the sidewalk clapping for them. Maria dropped into the seat like a rock. She was embarrassed and proud at the same time. Johnny wasted no time in taking off for Marin County and home, grinning like a Chesshire Cat.

When they arrived home, Maria ran into the house to show Carmelita her ring. When Johnny walked into the kitchen, Carmelita put her arms around him and drew him to her bosum, sobbing great tears of joy. "Is this the way all Spanish people show that they're happy?" Johnny asked. That was when both women pounced on him, the words running together and much too fast for Johnny to understand.

Carmelita told Johnny and Maria, as they were having a cup of coffee in the kitchen, "You never find love when you look for it, it finds you. Sometimes it takes a day, a month, a lifetime or a second. It's worth it though when you do find it. Love has found you two in one night as it did me so long ago with my Juan, and look at us, still in love after all these years. You will be too,

Chapter 6

Johnny and Maria were actually married on Friday morning at the Marin County Courthouse, with Carmelita and Juan as their witnesses. Maria had a small bouquet that Juan had made from the roses in his garden. The two young people said their vows, swearing to forever love each other. After the short but simple ceremony, Johnny took them all to brunch at a lovely restaurant on the pier at San Rafael. Then they went home to pack Johnny and Maria's things.

With large bags of clothes, they were driven to San Francisco Airport by Juan and Carmelita. There they caught a plane to Dallas, Texas. It was Maria's first plane ride and she was terrified. If Johnny hadn't been there she would never have gotten on the airplane. Maria didn't get sick, a fact for which she was glad, but then she was too scared to be sick. Soon Johnny traded seats with her so when she looked out of the window of the Delta Airlines, seven forty seven, she saw the earth far below. Johnny laughed and told her that they were cruising along, seven miles above the earth. By the time the flight landed at Dallas, she was not so afraid, but Johnny's hand was crushed by Maria's deathlike grip.

In Dallas, they checked into a large hotel. Johnny had made reservations, without Maria even knowing about it. "Oh Johnny, there are so many things that I don't know about. Like flying and making reservations at hotels or even staying in a hotel. This is a first for me, I've never been farther from home than the Bay Area, and certianly not to Texas." Maria told Johnny. "Well Mrs. O'Rourke, all those things will come with time. Be happy for now and let me take care of it, I will explain it as we go along." Johnny told her with quiet pride.

Their dinner was very good, though neither of them could tell you what the had eaten. They were alone with each other, even in the crowded restaurant. After they had finished eating, they sort of drifted up to their suite. Maria was very nervous and a bit shy toward the man she had known for six days. Johnny was worried that everything was going to come tumbling down and he told her.

"Maria Teresa Victoria De La Rosa O'Rourke, I have railroaded you into marriage, but I will not bulldoze you into my bed. Maybe you'd like me to sleep on the couch. I will do anything you want me to do tonight.

Maria stood in the middle of the sitting room for several long moments, then she opened her arms to him. "Just hold me and tell me that everything is going to be all right, Johnny. I am so afraid that I'm going to wake up from a beautiful dream and realize that I am living a nightmare. Please don't let me wake up." Maria cried against his chest.

"Oh my darling," Johnny said, "I had hoped for this all my life. Since you came into my world, I have dreamed about it every night. I have a hard time sleeping with you in the next bedroom, knowing that if I touched you that I would burn in Hell. I want you, my darling, very, very, badly." Maria stood on her tip toes and kissed this gentle man. She held him tightly for a second, then she took her arms from around his neck and began to loosen his tie. She unbuttoned his shirt and ran her hands over his chest, her hands and arms against his hot skin. Suddenly she pulled his shirt from his slacks and stood away from him. She turned and walked into the bedroom and removed her suit, hanging it in the closet. She turned to face Johnny, then slowly walked toward him. Her body had a fluid motion, which Johnny thought was very sexy. Her silk slip was slathered with lace that didn't quite cover all the right places, and it rustled when she moved. Maria stared up at him and took his hand and led him toward the bed. Maria took Johnny's belt and began to try to get it open, but she wasn't having much luck.

Suddenly there were four hands ripping off his belt and pants while his coat and shirt went flying the other way. Johnny's hands slid over her body, touching places that she'd always wanted touched, but had never found anyone that she wanted to touch her........until now. Maria pushed Johnny backwards onto the bed. As he fell on his back she straddled him. Together they pulled the sliky slip over her head, the lacy bra going next. When her naked breasts fell into his hands, she knew that she was burning up. The sensations that streaked through her body were unbelievable..

Johnny was in heaven. Never had he felt any- thing like the velvet softness of her breasts, the silky smoothness of her skin and the heat of her kisses. He ran his hands down her sides and over her hips. Slowly, he moved is hands over the front of her thighs to the silken inner skin. He slid his hands up her inner thighs until he touched the softness between them. Johnny was delighted when he felt both of Maria's hands reaching for him, and when she held his manhood in her small hands, he touched her womanly core. Then it was a race to remove the final two pieces of clothing that seperated them. Johnny knew that he was ready for her, but he had to be sure of Maria. "Honey are you sure?" He whispered. Maria froze! She was searching her mind desper-ately, trying to find the right words to tell Johnny that she wanted him more than anything else in her life. Then she knew...two words... "My Husband!" she exclaimed. With those two happy words, Johnny claimed his bride.

The night was one that neither Johnny nor Maria would ever forget. Maria discovered that making love was a wonderful pastime. She loved Johnny and loved making love too. Johnny found a lifetime partner in the beautiful Spanish girl that he had found crying. They made love again and again, falling asleep, only to wake up and hold each other again. Their love was growing in leaps and bounds as they discovered each other. Johnny touched and kissed Maria from her raven hair to the tiny toes of her feet, much to Maria's delight. She found more interesting places to touch than she had ever thought of or imagined. Finally, the exhausted lovers both drifted into a deep slumber. It had been the most wonderful night of their lives.

"Lets go sleepyhead," Johnny called from the bathroom. He had been awake for some time, so he had showered and shaved. He walked out of the bathroom with a towel hanging precariously from his hips. Maria opened her eyes and sat up in bed. She looked at Johnny and said. "It wasn't a dream, you really are my husband and I am your wife. I love you Johnny O'Rourke, I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Then she climbed out of bed and he reached for her. Maria clapped her hand over her mouth and ran for the bathroom. Her morning sickness had returned with a vengence and lasted a lot longer that ususal. As it passed, she looked at Johnny and told him she thought he was so sweet to hold her at the time when she was being so sick.

"Well," Johnny drawled, "You were pretty active last night and I guess the sickness lasted a little longer than usual. Anyway get dressed, we are off for El Paso, I talked to Aunt Margie and told her that I was coming and had a surprise for her. You!"

The flight from Dallas to El Paso was in a smaller plane, but this time Maria said that she liked the flying. When the plane landed and taxied to the terminal, Johnny saw his Aunt Margie and Uncle Peter standing at the fence. Maria was petrified, as she was about to meet Johnny's family. As he walked off the plane, Johnny turned and helped Maria down the foldout steps. With her hand clasped tightly in his, they walked into the terminal. Margie looked at Johnny and started to laugh, then she grabbed Maria and held her close, saying, "He finally fell in love, you must be something special, you sure are pretty enough." Maria was overwhelmed by Margie, but when Peter held out his arms, she went to him happily. They loved her because he loved her and she knew that she would never be able to keep him off these dusty plains. Maybe she didn't want to.

Johnny introduced Maria to Pete and Margie as Maria Teresa Victoria De La Rosa O'Rourke. Margie asked. "You aren't related to the family that makes that Casa De La Rosa wines are you?" Maria stood staring at Margie. Then she almost whispered. "Yes I am, its my family that owns the winery." It was weird, Maria's family's wines had helped again.

They all piled into a Suburban and headed out of town. Soon they came on a large flat area that Johnny explained was, Little Rabbit Mesa. On one side of the mesa a road descended into a quiet valley. The valley was three miles wide and wound eight miles back up Little Rabbit Canyon. Nestled by a stream, and surrounded by the large 'pin' oaks, was an old ranch house, a couple of barns and lots of corrals. Looking up the green valley, Maria saw many horses and a herd of red and white cattle. Johnny told her that they were called shorthorns. Maria asked where the legendary longhorns were. Pete laughed and promised to introduce her to "Old Blue" later in the week.

Johnny and Maria stayed a week with Pete and Margie. She learned to ride a horse, met the old longhorn called "Blue," attended a real Texas Bar-B-Que, fell in love with Margie and Pete and found out that Johnny O'Rourke was a wonderful man and husband.

Pete and Margie showed the the plans for the new ranch house they planned to build, told them about plans for the new barns, more cattle as well as an airstrip on the ranch. Margie took them into El Paso where they boarded a plane back to Dallas.

In Dallas they changed to American Airlines for a flight that was going over the north pole to London.

In London, Johnny took Maria to see sights that neither of them had ever thought about seeing, and they ate many different foods, not all of which they liked. But London was London and they were happy seeing as much of it as the could. After London, it was on to Paris and Rome, with two or three days in each city.

After the frantic pace of Paris and Rome, their week in Barcelona was slow and laid back. They swam in the hotel pool, where Maria made quite a hit with a bright orange Bikini that she found in the hotel shop. Johnny found his new bride to totally fascinating, not to mention, very sexy. They watched the moon come up over the distant mountains. It was bright and shown through the tall windows onto the king-sized bed in their suite. The moonlight just added to the beauty of their happy lovemaking on a warm and gentle night.

The morning of their third day there, Maria called her parents in Napa County. She told her mother where she was and that she was touring the continent with her husband. That's when all hell broke loose. Her father was raging, demanding to know, what husband she was talking about. Maria's mother was crying and wanted to know where she had gotten married. Grandfather Victorio had the final say. Victor told Maria that she should bring him to the winery when she returned from her tour. He also told her where to go to find her roots and for her to check out the wines in Spain to see if there were any changes they could make in California. Maria promised to do all that, in fact she was looking forward to it.

That night Maria asked Johnny how they could afford to do all of the things that they were doing. "You have bought me a car, expensive rings for our marriage. you have a beautiful home and several cars." she said to him, "Johnny, I didn't know that a Lieutenant made the kind of money that you have been spending on me and for me.Johnny laughed and told her, "Do you remember me telling you that I got some money when I was at Goose Bay? Well honey, it was more that a little. I am worth about ten million dollars now and I can't spend it as fast as it accumulates."

Maria was stunned, she thought that she'd married a young, low ranking, officer in the Air Force, not some Texas Millionaire. She liked that idea too.

The next morning Johnny and Maria traveled on a noisy, happy bus to a small village in the mountains where her grandparents had been born and grew up. They were sitting in a small cafe, drinking a glass of wine when Johnny exclaimed, "It tastes just like the De La Rosa wines. Unbelievable!" Maria agreed that it did taste like their wines, but there was something different, maybe it was the soil. An elderly lady, who was seated with her husband at the next table, turned to Maria and asked her, in Spanish, how she knew so much about the De La Rosa wines. Maria looked at the old lady closely and told her, "My Grandfather, Victorio De La Rosa, came from this very village a long time ago. He took with him some root stock, to another grape growing area in the Napa Valley in California. There he planted. Now my father, Raul, runs the winery. It is still small but it has been grow-ing little by little over the years."

"Victorio! Victorio! Little Victorio," The old lady exclaimed, "He is my brother." Johnny and Maria had found her roots and another home in Spain. The family, it was mostly Torres now, kept them very busy for the next few days. Maria met many of her cousins, and was drawn to one of her cousins who was almost an mirror image of Maria. Her name was Desiree Torres. The two young lovers promised to return to Spain and bring her Grandfather and the rest of the family for a visit. It was all the could do to get away at the end of the week and fly from Barcelona to London and then on to San Francisco.

They were home. Carmelita declared the Maria must have at least five days rest before they went to Napa County. So instead of going to Napa, Johnny spent the last five days of his leave, getting Maria set up with the Military. Maria had her picture and her fingerprints taken for her Dependents Identity card. Johnny took her to the base hospital and there she met her new doctors. She was examined thouroughly by a crusty old Major by the name of Shaw. He might be grouchy looking but he was so very gentle with Maria. She declared to Johnny that she only wanted Major Shaw to look after her. She had even invited him to dinner the next night. Maria was declared healthy and that her baby was growing. Major Shaw was a bit confused when Maria seemed to be sad about that news.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 20 milliseconds