A New Adventure Every Day Pt. 06

"You're right I know and I'm trying to let her go. You surprise me, though; I thought you only had eyes for Meg," Katie adds.

"Meg is beyond special to me," I reply. "However, Bex was the second girl I really noticed sexually and realizing that helped me to know that I really am lesbian." I look at her, "You're pretty damn cute and sexy yourself. When I first met you I was amazed you weren't in a relationship but, of course, you were."

"Thanks. I've never had the courage to come out as you and Meg have; too afraid of what people will think and say, that's me. I know Bex will almost certainly come out at university so I need to think about that if I'm to have a chance with her when she returns."

"Maybe there's someone else who's right for you," suggests Meg, who is now walking on the other side of Katie, "and perhaps coming out will be how you can meet them. It worked for me," she smiles at me.

"Ah yes, the old 'tell a girl you're gay in the first thirty seconds and then flirt her into submission' trick. Never fails," I tell Katie.

"Hmm, well, maybe," she laughs. "I'd better get to the front with Bex as it's my turn to do the after gathering refreshments. Speak to you later."

"Do you think there'll be more sex at Katie's house?" I ask Meg.

"I don't know. I'm not sure I could stand any more tonight but I could certainly use a drink," and we continue through the Ladywood.

CHAPTER 24 - 'Every day will be a new adventure'

The following morning we lie side by side on the bed, the sweat of our lovemaking drying on our skin, the taste of each other on our lips. Meg lifts her head and looks into my eyes. "You know, I can't believe how much I've been through and experienced in the two months since I first saw you on your mobile phone walking up the lane and in the month since you opened your door to me on that Saturday afternoon."

I cannot help bursting into laughter. "How much you've been through and experienced? I think I can trump you on that score!"

She smiles. "Okay, maybe you can... maybe that's why there are other things I want to experience with you."

"Like what?"

"Well, one new adventure I've not tried is marriage," she says, bashfully.

"Ha," I bark, "I have and, well, you know how that ended!" I reply without thinking.

Meg's face slumps sadly. "True," she concedes quietly, "but that wasn't with me!"

"Oh, Meg, that's true and I'm so sorry: it wasn't with you and it was completely unfair of me to compare you in any way with that... that bastard. You are everything wonderful that he wasn't." I pull her in and hug her tightly.

"So I should think!" and she kisses me softly.

"Meg, we're together. Is marriage that important? It's no guarantee of the future." I hate myself for sounding so cynical, but it's true. Meg bites her lip, her face sad. "What is it Meg, my darling?"

"Um, Sam, there is one adventure neither of us have ever tried

"What would that be? Running a marathon? Deep sea diving? Scaling Mount Kilimanjaro, perhaps?" I try to lighten the mood.

"Okay, there are lots of things we haven't tried," she admits with a slight smile. "I was thinking of..." she takes a deep breath and looks down. "Sam, you asked me once had I ever wondered about being a parent? I know we've both looked after other people's children but I want to ask you that same question: have you ever wondered about having a child of your own... of our own?"

"Oh, Meg... I... I did, a bit, when you were getting your tattoo done and Beth was there. When I was married the time just never seemed right and now I'm so glad that was the case, given what happened. As for us... I just don't think I can decide that yet. It's just... oh Meg when I met you I had spent a year being smashed to bits and then gradually pulling myself back together. I was determined to try and do things differently but it was your arrival that turned that fragile, trying-to-be-different me around; you loved me, healed me and unlocked a sexuality and sensuality that I never knew that I had.

"So, Meg, I'm not saying no or never. I love you so much and I have no intention of leaving you - ever. I really do want to spend my life with you. That afternoon when I ran through the rain in my dressing gown I knew that starting this relationship with you wasn't just a new adventure, it was the start of an expedition, a journey. I didn't know just how wild that expedition would get but it's been wonderful; no, it is wonderful." She smiles at me but there is still a shadow of disappointment.

"Meg, I know that this means a great deal to you and therefore it matters to me..." I hesitate; am I being sensible, given that we've only been together for a month, or am I being a coward, too afraid to commit to this beautiful, sexy, kinky and wonderful woman who has done so much for me and to me? I've just told her I want to spend my life with her: what is that if not marriage? I look down and can see running under her boob the words 'Omnes dies nov', part of her almost healed copy of the tattoo we now share; our love pact to share a new adventure each day. I feel the love I have for her well up inside me till I feel I might burst and I know... My hand caresses her face as I tuck a stray lock of her fabulous black hair behind her ear. "Meg, I'm ready," I whisper, my voice choked with emotion, "ask me the question. I think it is right that you should ask me."

She looks confused, then uncertain and, finally, nervous as she works out what I mean. "Really ready?" she asks and I nod. "Sam Cummings, my beautiful darling, my sexy, kinky lover, my girlfriend and more than that, my best friend, I love you so very, very much: will you marry me and be my wife?"

"Yes, Meg: absolutely and definitely yes!" There are tears in both our eyes as we kiss long and deep. "I love you Meg. 'Omnes dies novus valebat'" I whisper.

"Yes, every day will be a new adventure - for both of us together."

THE END OF THE STORY SO FAR

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 3895 milliseconds