A Plush Wish

Janice rolled her eyes. 'It's just a rat, you fearless hunter.'

He made a disgusted face at the rat. 'Yeah, well, sharks don't carry nasty diseases.'

Mouse looked at the rat who sniffed up in the air. 'I think it's kinda cute.' She pulled a small bag with biscuits from her pocket and held one out to the rat. It sniffed at it, then took it carefully in its mouth and nibbled on it. Mouse chuckled.

Petro smiled softly. 'Looks like you made a friend.'

Janice tugged at his arm. 'We'd better go now. The tour will take a while.'

The four moved to a chamber at the side where instructions said to merely follow the arrows to tour the tunnels and open spaces. Janice had spent all evening the day before looking for a place to get close to Petro and the dimly lit tunnels would help her with that. And Kyle would see to it that Mouse was kept at a distance. He didn't mind hanging around her anyway. She was also glad there were no other tourists around.

They followed the first tunnel to another hall with statues depicting the goddess in human, half fish, and half feline form.

Kyle examined the half human, half feline statue closely. 'Roarr.. She makes one hot kitty cat.'

Janice ignored him and pulled Petro gently to the next tunnel while Mouse gazed at the full human statue's face. 'It really was you that I saw in the water.' She smiled gently at Senama. 'Thank you for the extra time on the island.'

She noticed Janice and Petro entering the tunnel and hurried after them with Kyle following her.

They barely entered the next hall when the spotlights flickered and went out. Janice and Petro stumbled on a raised part of the floor and for a moment the hall was filled with a cacophony of curses and calling out eachother's names.

Petro rubbed his eyes and peered around in the dark. 'Don't panic!' he said when he spotted a light in the distance. 'There's a light a bit further down. Let's just move there carefully.'

Janice took a deep breath to calm down and saw the light as well. 'Okay, then.' She stuck out her hand and found another. She grabbed it. 'Don't let go.' she said and her hand was held firmly. She smiled. "It's already working." she thought while they shuffled carefully towards the light.

Petro felt Mouse gripping his arm while he moved towards the light. 'You okay?'

'Yeah.' she said. 'I'm just glad I'm not alone.'

Everyone sighed in relief when they stepped into the light. Janice turned to Kyle who held her hand. 'Wait! What are you doing here!?' She looked around. 'Where's Petro!?'

Mouse and Petro gazed at the enclosed space full of flowering plants open to the sky. Mouse took a deep breath of the mixed aroma of sweet scents. 'Wow.. Beautiful..'

Petro took a deep breath as well. 'Indeed.' He looked back. 'Hey, where are Janice and Kyle?'

Kyle watched his sister go back down the tunnel. 'You'll get lost in that darkness!'

'Better that than losing this chance with Petro! Who knows what'll happen while he's alone with Mouse in here!'

'I guess we each took a different tunnel out of there.' Petro said while he peered into the one they came out of. 'They must have ended up at another place.'

Mouse sat down on the low stone wall of a small pool fed by a small stream trickling into it. 'What do we do now?'

Petro looked around. 'We can't really climb up a wall and the tunnels are too dark to find our way. I guess we'll have to wait for help or for the lights to come back on.'

He sat down next to her and Mouse leaned against him. 'At least it's a nice place to wait.'

He smiled softly and took her hand in his. 'Yeah.'

***

Petro woke up with a start. Mouse breathed softly against him and he caressed her cheek. 'Mouse. Wake up.'

She stirred, yawned, and blinked her eyes. 'Did I doze off?'

'We both did.' said Petro and looked up at the sky. 'I think the fragrance of the flowers and the trickle of the pool lulled us to sleep. And it might get dark soon enough.'

Mouse checked the tunnel entrances. 'Looks like the light's still out.'

Petro hummed. 'Not good. We'll have to try going back the way we came by touch then.'

Mouse's stomach rumbled and she chuckled. 'Before we starve.' She took the cookie bag out of her pocket and took out the three remaining cookies. 'This won't last long.'

She held them out to Petro but he smiled at her. 'I'm fine. You eat them.'

'Sure?'

He nodded. 'I'm not hungry yet, and I'm used to long periods without eating while I work.'

Mouse gratefully nibbled on the cookies when she heard another squeak next to her. She saw the same rat as before looking up at her and twitching its nose. 'Hey there. Did you want another cookie?' The rat leaned a little closer to her and she gave it her last cookie. 'Enjoy. I'll just get more when we get out of here.' She sighed. 'If we can find our way out.' She watched the rat finish off the cookie. 'I'll bet you know the way.'

The rat hopped from the wall and scurried to a tunnel entrance and squeaked as it sat up looking back.

Mouse blinked and shook Petro's arm. 'I think it says to follow it.'

Petro nodded. 'I believe so too, but it's still too dark inside without any light.' He had hardly said so when fireflies lit up around them. 'O-kay.. This is becoming unreal.'

Mouse stood up and smiled at him. 'Let's go.'

He chuckled at grinned. 'Yeah.'

The reason for the tour was not forgotten and Mouse and Petro enjoyed the magical touch as they looked at ancient stone art, wall paintings, and more open areas covered with green.

At one point they came upon a larger open area with a small waterfall on the far side of a larger pool. The fireflies lit up flowers in bright white, red, orange, and yellow and the surface of the pool like the mirror image of the dark blue sky covered by the brightest stars above.

Mouse smiled bright. 'Beautiful.'

Petro looked at the reflection in her eyes and smiled. 'Yes.'

She gazed at him. Her ears relaxed and her tail swayed gently. An unfamiliar urge filled her while a soft voice at the back of her head warned her not to give into it.

Petro squeezed her hand lightly.

'Petro!'

Mouse's ears turned their attention to the distant sound of Janice's voice. Petro looked back to the tunnel at the other side of the area. 'Right. I guess it's time to go back.'

The fireflies surrounded them while they followed the rat through the tunnel leading to the end of the tour. The moment they stepped into the hall Janice stumbled out of another tunnel, covered in dirt and leaves, and twigs sticking in her hair.

She saw Petro, stumbled up to him and fell in his arms. 'Finally together again..' she said and fell asleep.

An islander walked into the hall. 'Hey, what happened to you?'

Petro told him about the lights going out, getting split up, and how Janice had probably wandered around in the dark the whole time while Mouse and he were lucky enough to find their way with little light. He didn't think anyone would believe they were guided by a rat and lit by fireflies.

'No lights?' the man asked and looked behind Mouse and Petro. 'They've been working fine all day. Otherwise it would have been dark here too.'

Mouse and Petro looked back. 'What the?' he said. 'They were out just a moment ago.'

The man grinned. 'Maybe all those flower fragrances made you hallucinate since you're not used to it?'

Petro looked at Mouse. 'Yeah, maybe.'

'Anyway, let me call a taxi so you can take your friend back.' the man said and left.

Petro carried Janice in his arms outside. Mouse looked back and saw the rat sitting up at the far end of the hall and waved at it mouthing goodbye.

Back at the hotel Petro carried Janice to her cabin with Luani while Mouse waited for them at the house. They told the whole story while joining Luani's family and an older couple who were friends for a roast.

The elderly recounted their own experiences and stories they had heard over dessert and drinks afterwards. Milo took a glass, filled it with wine and handed it to Petro. 'Here, why don't you offer Senama a drink?'

Petro looked at the glass and chuckled. 'Yeah, she deserves our thanks.' he said and took Mouse's hand. 'Come.'

They waded a little into the water and Petro handed the glass to Mouse. 'Thanks for today.' she said to the sea and poured the wine into the water. She saw Petro frown as they walked back to the house. 'Something wrong?'

He hummed. 'It's like I forgot something with all that happened today.' He smiled at her. 'I'm sure it'll come back to me later.'

The rat watched Kyle sitting on top of the short pillar he had climbed on. 'Shoo! Shoo!' he said and waved his hand at the rat. 'Sis! Anybody! Get me out of here!'

The rat shrugged and walked away. It had offered to help the human get out, but if he didn't want it there was nothing it could do about it.

***

Mouse and Petro enjoyed one more quiet day at the beach while Janice was too tired to do anything and Kyle slept all day after Petro remembered about him and Milo found him late at night on top of the pillar. Only when Luani joined them in the afternoon for a nude swim and drinks and teased him playfully did Petro feel embarrassed to go around in the nude.

The day after Mouse and Petro got up early to go back home and hugged Luani goodbye before boarding the ferry.

'Have a good trip home!' she said as they boarded. 'And come back again when you want to enjoy sea and sand again! You can enjoy each other naked at home anyway!'

Petro nearly choked and coughed while Mouse called out 'We will!' at the deviously grinning Luani.

They waved goodbye while the ferry left and Mouse sighed.

'Feeling a little sad?' Petro asked and Mouse nodded. He laid his hand on hers. 'So do I, But now we're going back to our own home and that feels good too.'

Mouse smiled back at him. 'Yeah.' she said and leaned against him. Together at home with Petro was what she loved most after all.

***

Janice was still miffed about missing the chance to travel back home together with Petro on the first morning at work, but when he mentioned her tan looked good she cheered up at once. The rest of the men at the department as well when the top buttons of her blouse came loose to give Petro a better view any time she bent over his desk to bring him a chocolate drink or papers.

Petro analyzed the results of measuring the company's systems and began work on a proposal for improving them. It meant working long days and Janice took the opportunity to stick even more to his side.

One morning she waited for him outside his door to leave for work with him. He sighed a little as he took Mouse's hand. 'I'm probably back late again.'

Mouse smiled a little at him. 'Shall I save dinner for you?'

'Don't worry about that.' said Janice. 'I've arranged a good lunch and something for dinner at work already.'

'Ah.' Mouse said and nodded. 'Okay.'

Janice smiled quickly at her. 'Isn't this also a good opportunity to hang out with your new friend? That granddaughter, what's her name?'

'Melissa.' said Mouse and looked a little down. 'Yeah, I could do that.' She had met her after another visit to Granny and became friends.

Janice pulled on Petro's arm. 'We must go. Meeting as soon as we're at the office.'

Petro smiled quickly at Mouse. 'I'll be back as soon as I can.' he said and exchanged a wave with her as he went.

Even Kyle kept asking her out to dinner or have a drink at his place, so she wouldn't have to be lonely as he put it, and he mentioned how well his sister and Petro got along and how good she was for his career and took care of him.

One late evening Petro came home tired and went to bed straight away. Mouse snuggled up to him. 'Can I ask you something?'

Petro smiled a little with his eyes closed. 'Mhmm.'

'Are you happy with work now?'

Petro caressed her back. 'It's a lot of work but I get to do something that makes things better. I'd say yes, I feel happy at last with what I do. I have Janice to thank for that.' He yawned and mumbled 'She's actually a wonderful..' before he fell asleep.

Mouse smiled softly. 'Okay.'

A few days later the plush fairy arrived while Mouse sat quietly on the couch, watching TV with the sound muted. 'Hello Mouse.'

Mouse looked up in surprise. 'Oh! Hello!'

The plump little girl fluttered down on the couch. 'I came because you have only a day left before the spell wears off and you return to being a plush animal. Did you find what you were looking for?'

Mouse nodded slowly. 'Petro is happy now, and there's someone who can give him what he needs to live a full and happy life with.'

The fairy fluttered her wings once. 'That's good.'

Mouse smiled softly. 'He'll present his plans tomorrow evening to Janice's father at a party. It'll be a very important moment for him.'

The fairy flew up again. 'I have to go now. But I might visit tomorrow again after your transformation.'

Mouse nodded and the fairy disappeared in a puff of light blue smoke. She stared at the TV again but didn't register what was on it. A wrenching feeling in her chest worried her while she thought she should feel happy for Petro.

***

Janice straightened Petro's dark grey tie. 'There. You look great now.'

Petro took a quick look in the mirror at his black suit. 'I'm not used to wearing this.'

'You will in due time.' Janice said and checked her long black dress again. She knew the men would stare at her tight curves tonight and already enjoyed the attention.

Mouse stepped out of the bedroom and Petro's heart went up a gear at her looks in the strapless long red dress that hugged her curves tight and showed off plenty of leg through the high split at her right. She saw his intense gaze and looked away while she fiddled with the red bow behind her left ear. 'Ehm, does this look okay?'

Petro opened his mouth but before he could find the right words Janice spoke up. 'You look fine, but we have to hurry now. The car is waiting downstairs.'

The ride took them to a mansion surrounded by forest just outside the city. Mouse gazed at the size of the building and the lawn lit by the light from the windows. Several paths led across it and over a small stream with a stone bridge. 'So big.'

Janice smiled. 'Our family home.' She leaned closer to Petro. 'Play your cards right and you'll be able to afford something like this in a few years.'

Petro looked out at the estate and wondered what to do with such a big house. 'Yeah.'

The car halted in front and a servant opened the door for them. Janice stepped out first and leaned her head to Mouse when she came out. 'This is going to be Petro's big debut among some influential people. It's best you keep to the background and leave things to me to make sure everything's going to be fine. You don't want to mess things up accidentally.'

Petro took the map with his report and proposal with him out of the car and Janice hooked her arm in his and pulled him along inside.

Kyle smiled when he saw them and walked up to them. 'Ah, sis. Here at last.' He took Mouse's hand and kissed it. 'And the lovely Mouse.'

Janise smiled back at him. 'Kyle, why don't you get Mouse a drink while I introduce Petro to father and his friends?' She stared at Mouse. 'You don't mind if we leave you two for a moment, right?'

Mouse glanced at Petro and the people in the hall. 'Ehmm, no. Go ahead.'

'Good.' said Janice, took the map from Petro and placed it on a dresser at the side. 'Let's leave business here for now.' She guided Petro to a group of men near the centre of the hall while Kyle took Mouse to the buffet.

Janice kept on moving Petro from one group to the next while Kyle kept on drinking champagne and talking about his achievements at sport and university and what he was going to do when his father would give him a good job at one of his companies.

Mouse sighed but she was glad to see Petro got on well with the people here. He'd have a great future and that's what she had wished for. Her ears drooped and she fiddled with her fingers. She would have liked it if she could still be at his side by then, but her time was up. She watched Petro again and smiled softly. He had saved her, and now she had done what she could to repay him.

Kyle wasn't paying attention and she moved through a hallway to a quiet terrace at the side of the mansion. She sniffed the cool evening air and watched dark clouds gather above.

'Ah, there you are.' Kyle said behind her and grinned a little. 'Playing coy, are you?'

She stepped aside. 'I just wanted to get some fresh air.'

He chuckled. 'Ohh, right. I see.' He put his arm around her back. 'And you just happened to find a secluded place.'

Mouse tried to pull back but he held her close. 'You know, sis told me all about you.' Mouse's eyes went wide. 'That's why Petro spends so much time with her. You won't be able to satisfy him.'

Mouse looked away. 'No! I..'

Kyle put his hand on her thigh. 'But don't worry. I like you just the way you are and there's plenty of ways we can have fun.' He slid his hand up under the slit of her dress and moved his face close to hers. 'Let me show you how good I can kiss.'

Mouse panicked. 'No!' she said and bit his nose.

Kyle shot back with a cry and grabbed his nose. 'Ah bitch! Why'd you do that for!?'

Mouse held her hands in front of her muzzle. 'I.. I'm sorry!' she said and fled inside.

She saw Petro laughing with Janice and her father and stopped. "I can't make trouble for him." she thought, felt a tickle on her cheeks, touched them and looked at her fingers wet with tears. She ran back outside.

Petro laughed at a joke Janice's father made but went silent when he thought he saw something red flash through a beam of light outside. Rain fell down gently on the grass but his attention was drawn by a gasp from Janice.

'Kyle! What happened!?' she said as Kyle approached with a bloody handkerchief against his face.

'I don't know! The bitch just bit my nose for no reason!'

Petro grabbed Kyle by the lapel of his jacket. 'Mouse doesn't do that! What did you do!?'

Kyle reeled back from the anger burning in Petro's eyes. 'Nothing! I just gave her a friendly pat on her thigh and wanted to give her a little kiss!'

Petro hit Kyle so hard the crack reverberated through the hall. He hurried away to chase Mouse.

'Petro! Come back!' Janice called out after him. 'If you leave I'll never let you get any work anywhere!'

'Then shove it!' Petro shouted back.

'Dammit!' she said. 'I didn't go through all this trouble for nothing!'

She flinched at the clearing of her father's throat, the way he always did when she was in deep trouble. He folded his arms while he glared at her and at Kyle crumpled on the floor. 'I think we need to have a talk.'

Petro ran into the direction he thought he saw Mouse run, calling out her name. The rain came down harder, limiting his sight by the grey curtain it created. 'Mouse! Mouse!' he shouted again.

He slipped in the wet grass and fell on a muddy path. 'Shit!' he grumbled as he stood up and flicked mud from his sleeves and hands. 'Mouse! Where are you!?'

He saw two lights a little way off and hurried there in the hope Mouse went that way. The lights belonged to the bridge crossing the stream and he looked around. 'Mouse!' he shouted again, his heart racing with fear she might be gone or something awful had happened to her.

His eye caught a paw print in the mud leading down beneath the bridge and he slid down the short slope.

'Mouse!' he said when he saw her shape in the dark. He crawled closer on his knees under the low bridge and picked up the mud covered plush animal. 'Mouse..' he whispered in his hoarse voice while tears flowed down his cheeks. 'Mouse..'

Petro cried for a while before he regained control of himself enough to stand up and walk. The rain hadn't seized but he no longer cared. He clutched Mouse tight to his chest and covered her as much as he could with his jacket.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • A Plush Wish
  • /
  • Page ⁨7⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds