A Single Moment Ch. 03

Rachel buckled up. "Nice car, is it new?"

"Almost, I got it last year in Cedar Springs before I moved here," she said.

Rachel sat looking out the window, lost in thought. She turned to Sara. "I've been meaning to ask you something. And I really want you to be honest, okay?

"Sure."

"How do you feel about Ben and me?"

Sara glanced at her with a quizzical expression. "Huh?"

"That came out wrong. Look, I know you've told us that you love us, and we love you too, you're like my sister. But, well, um...I'm wondering how you felt about sharing him...you know, not just in bed, which we always do but also in public or whatever? Oh crap, I'm saying this all wrong again." She took a big breath to settle herself then turned to Sara. "I'm worried that we don't fit the social norm and sooner or later this might blow up, I don't want anything to happen to us, you know?"

Sara sighed and nodded slowly as she came to a stop sign. "When you first told me about Ben I admitted I was jealous, then I met him and we shared a bed together. It was the most beautiful night of my life, Rachel; I'll never forget it."

She turned and drove on down the street. "I said then and I'll say again, I never want to come between you guys, ever. For me, you two are my true family. I told that to Ben the other morning, early...you were still sleeping. We were sitting together on the back porch after the night we christened the new mattress." Her ears flushed crimson just thinking about it. She glanced at Rachel with a grin.

"Anyway, I told him when he asked what I wanted out of this relationship between us. I said that finding you two in the kitchen each morning smiling and laughing then bringing me into a group hug makes me feel so incredibly loved. It's almost too much for words."

She blushed as she glanced at Rachel. "I want to be with you, dear sister and I want to be with Ben; and I want us to be together, always." Her eyes were glistening with tears as she looked into Rachel's eyes. Sara pulled up to a stop sign. "Yes, society is bigoted and narrow-minded, and yes it will be a challenge to overcome that. But I feel positive that we can find a way. What about you? Can you be with me, too?"

Rachel's heart just melted as she leaned over and kissed Sara on the cheek. "Yes." Where had this girl been all her life? To have such an angel become part of her family was such an amazing blessing. A car behind them honked its horn and Sara turned the corner.

Rachel turned to her. "So, do you have any ideas about the social stuff?"

Sara shrugged her shoulders and shook her head.

"Aside from the financial issues, which can be tricky, what if one of us ends up in an accident and in the hospital? None of us would have any rights." Rachel stared out the windshield. "We need a strategy to at least deal with society on that level, let alone any marital issues. You do realize that in some states our relationship, even if it was only just the two of us, would be illegal and we could go to jail."

Sara nodded, knowing full well the implications that state laws have in some places for women like her and Rachel. Plus that would mean Ben could be jailed just for associating with them. "Stupid bigots," she muttered.

Sara looked left and right then turned left when a stoplight turned green. "I know someone I met at Le Chic, a customer," Sara said, "her husband is a lawyer and apparently, a really good one; he does a lot of corporate stuff. Maybe he'll have some ideas."

Rachel hugged her and planted a big sloppy kiss on her cheek. "Call them later today, okay? Meanwhile, when we get home, help me with dinner. Ben won't be home tonight until late so it'll be just you and me until then."

Sara grinned. "Let's pickup some Chinese carryout instead. Then we can play after dinner until he comes home." She turned right and headed towards their favorite Chinese place. "I've been lusting after that little butt of yours all afternoon. Especially when you wiggle it."

Rachel smirked and offered Sara an air kiss as Sara turned into the parking lot for the Chinese place. After they picked up an order to go, Sara told Rachel about her family history. "I'm not proud of them, but they're my relatives for better or worse."

"What about your trust fund, can they touch it?"

"Not that they haven't tried, the weasels. Grandma had a really good lawyer."

A week later, Sara heard from her friend. Her husband suggested the three of them form a limited liability corporation to protect their assets and give them equal access to everything legally as shareholders. This meant that they could file for group insurance rates as well as a reduction in taxes and homeowners insurance as it was their home and would be considered part of the corporations' assets. "He said he'd be more than willing to help out with the paperwork, which is great."

Ben wanted Sara to exclude her grandmother's trust fund but Sara refused.

Later that night all three of them cuddled in the large bed. "We should all have the same last name," Rachel said softly.

Ben turned onto his side and looked over Sara to Rachel. "Why?"

"So, if one of us is ever in an accident all three of us are family, we would have family rights, like power of attorney and so forth...and we could come visit. Otherwise, we'd be put out on the street."

Sara nodded. "I would be heart-broken if I couldn't come to see one of you in the hospital, for whatever reason."

Ben sat up and looked at the two girls. "So, what name should we pick?"

"Waters," Sara and Rachel said in unison.

"Really?" He blushed as they nodded and smiled.

"I've always dreamt of taking my husband's name," Rachel whispered.

"Me too," Sara echoed.

"I'll get the paperwork started tomorrow after work," Rachel said. "And I can bring home a set of forms for you, too, Sara. Can I borrow your car, Ben?"

He nodded and they all settled back in the bed. At least that would reduce legal and medical issues, Rachel thought. Still, something was missing; she wondered what it was.

That weekend they went sailing and made love in the cabin of Ben's sailboat while at anchor. That was a first for all of them. The boat rocked along with the shifting of bodies in the throes of lovemaking. Ripples in the water told any other boater passing by what was going on. Several old salts had broad grins on their faces as they pulled into the dock later that afternoon.

Of course the anchor drug the bottom and they grounded the keel in shallow water. "Nothing else to do but wait for high tide and hope for the best," Ben grinned as the returned to the cabin below. Sara sat cross-legged on a cushion and spread the towel she wore to display her gorgeous tits. Rachel was the first to capture them followed quickly by Ben.

The next high tide was high enough to pull them out of the shallows; it was nearly midnight before they arrived back home.

On Monday, Rachel decided to drop by Ben's office at the college and take him to lunch. A neighboring colleague of Ben's, Allen Snyder, dropped in about the same time. It was obvious he was infatuated with Rachel because he couldn't take his eyes off her.

"Hey Ben, got a minute? I need to use your fax machine to send something over to HR." Allen sidestepped Rachel on his way to the shelving unit and Ben's fax machine. After he keyed in the phone number he glanced over his shoulder again at Rachel.

Rachel, meanwhile, had moved over to lean across Ben's shoulders and look at his computer screen. She whispered silly nothings into his ear as he tried desperately to ignore her and enter grades.

"You are making this awfully difficult, dear," Ben wiggled beneath her attempts to distract him.

"Let me take you to lunch, you can buy," she grinned.

"Still saving for tuition?" She nodded. "Okay, give me a minute and I'll be finished with this class, then we can go."

She smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Just one minute, I'm starving." She picked up her purse and turned, "I'll be right back, I need to use the restroom."

Ben sighed as she left the office then shook his head with a smile; he still had grades to enter.

"Fraternizing with students can get you into trouble, professor," Allen said, pulling his form from the fax machine with a snicker.

Ben grinned. "Not if she's not a student, at least not yet."

"Really?"

"I've been trying to persuade her to come back now for months. I think I've finally convinced her."

"To study what?"

"Art, design, and business administration. It'll be an interdisciplinary degree. She's really a fashion designer, and a good one, too. She just needs the letters after her name, that's all."

Allen nodded. "Are you two together?"

"Yes, very much so."

About then, Sara walked into Ben's office and threw her arms around his neck, planting a big kiss on his lips. "Hi sweetie, where's Rachel?"

"She's in the restroom down the hall. We're doing lunch want to join us?"

"Absolutely. I'll go find her." She dashed out of Ben's office and disappeared down the hall.

Allen, his face totally flushed, stood apoplectic. "Who, w-what, um...Ben? What's going on?"

"Welcome to my family, Allen. We're very close."

"I can see that," he said leaning out Ben's office door and looking down the hallway. "Kissing cousins?"

Ben grinned, then closed the program on his computer. "Sort of, would you like me to introduce you?"

Allen stuttered a bit as Rachel and Sara came back into the room. "S-Sure."

It was probably hard to hold it together for Allen when he was introduced to both of these beauties as they stood just a few feet away from him. Rachel, wearing a sundress that stopped just above her knees, was nearly his height, even in low heels, and Sara, standing in stretchy jeans and a silky top looked to be just as tall in her four-inch heels.

"Sara, Rachel, this is Allen Snyder, a colleague of mine." Ben pointed them out as he named them. "This is Sara, and Rachel, they both work at Le Chic on Reston Avenue, the ritzy part. Rachel is, I hope, planning on attending classes here this spring."

Both girls shook Allen's hand and smiled. Then Rachel asked, "Do you teach English, too?"

"Sadly, no, I'm resigned to the dreary world of rocks," Allen said with a mopey face. "I'm a geologist. You humanity types seem to have all the fun," he added with a grin directed at Ben.

"Lately, you're right," Ben said as the two girls hugged him.

Allen stood at the door looking a bit sheepish. "I've got a class, thanks for the fax machine, Ben." He dashed out the door and down the hallway towards his office.

"I think you two managed to shake up my colleague a little," Ben said grinning.

"I was seeing shock mixed in with a little bit of jealousy," Sara added with a smirk.

"It's a good thing he's not seen us in action," Rachel quipped planting a big kiss on Ben's lips and a high-five to her sister.

Sara turned to Rachel. "Where are we going for lunch?"

Ben cautioned. "Well, we can't go far, I have a one-thirty class in Dorset Hall."

"How far is the cafeteria, and is it any good?"

"It's not bad, I've had a lot worse, and it's on the way," Ben said picking up his jacket. Each girl took an arm as they sashayed out the door and down the hallway. In the distance, Allen Snyder peeked out of his office door and sighed.

Across the commons area and next to Dorset Hall, the campus dinning hall was part of the Jefferson College student center. They walked in and joined a fairly short line of other students and faculty. The selection was modest, but well rounded; a choice of several entree's with salads, then a couple of desserts. They walked over to a table by the window and sat down.

A young student, Maggie Reynolds, who was in one of Ben's beginning classes, stood awkwardly smiling. "Hi, can we join you guys?"

Three more girls followed her and several boys, all were Ben's students from several of his classes. Ben introduced them all to Rachel and Sara. There were curious glances amongst the students directed towards Sara and Rachel flying across the table. Finally, Jane Cooley asked the question they all were probably yearning to know. "So, are you guys students here at Jefferson?"

Sara smiled. "Rachel will be, I'm not. I haven't decided if I'm going to go back to school or not."

Robert Willis looked up from his soup. "Do you guys work somewhere?"

Rachel nodded. "We are both on staff at Le Chic."

"Oh, God, I love that place," Maggie said.

"Me too," Jane added. "But I can't afford it."

The conversation steered towards the new spring fashion line due to hit the racks in a couple of weeks. All the boys at the table could do was look on and hope to get a word in edge-wise.

Rachel and Sara were wonderfully animated as they discussed fashion with the other female students at the table. Rachel began to doodle a design on a napkin while Maggie and Jane watched.

Maggie lifted the napkin up to look closer. "That's fantastic!"

"It really is," Jane added. Another girl, Abby looked over Jane's shoulder and nodded.

Ben enjoyed sitting back and taking it all in. Rachel and Sara seemed to be in their element, especially Rachel. He did notice that the men were more than curious about both Sara and Rachel. Several men attempted to sit rather close to the girls. If they were bothered by it, they didn't show it.

Eventually, his lunch finished, Ben stood up. "I've got to run back to the office and get my lecture notes for my one-thirty class. I'll see you all later." He leaned down and kissed both Rachel and Sara on the tops of their heads. "Bye."

Everyone else at the lunch table, of course, watched this closely. Sara and Rachel stood up as well. "We should go, our shift starts at Le Chic in about an hour," Sara said.

"Oh, come on, you have time," Robert cajoled, "Le Chic isn't that far."

The two other boys nodded eagerly, but Rachel shook her head. Rachel signed her napkin art and handed it to Maggie. "Some day that dress will be on display in Le Chic," she said impishly. Maggie held onto it, amazed.

Rachel and Sara took their trays to the cleaning station and dropped them off, and then they followed Ben out of the cafeteria. Disappointment was evident on the boys' faces as the girls conspired collectively go on a shopping trip to Le Chic.

Outside of the student center, Ben headed across the quad to his office and Rachel walked with Sara to her car. Walking across the quad grounds, Ben thought about the unwanted attention both girls got at the college, not only from the students but the faculty as well. He pondered what he could do to deter unwanted attention, at least slow it down a little. Perhaps time would tell, but for now, he knew that the girls were just not interested in boys whose one thought was to reach inside their pants.

*-*-*

The author copyrights this chapter, as well as any past or future chapters of this series. The reproduction of any chapter or part of any chapter of A Single Moment without the written permission of the author is expressly prohibited. This story is a work of fiction. All of the characters, their names and the places they visit, are purely from the imagination of the author. Any resemblance to persons, places, or things is not intentional and purely coincidental.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 340 milliseconds