A Tragedy that Nearly Happened

His Ex father-in-law stood up and said, "That is not necessary. Thanks for meeting me so I could tell you the complete story. I don't blame you for not talking to my daughter – that shows a presence of mind I wish I had back in the day. If truth were known, looking back, I wish I had never talked to her mother either when I learned about the other men."

He interrupted himself and said, "For what it's worth when Chris asked to borrow money to make a deposit on your apartment for after the current lease expires, I refused. It was only then that her Mom came up with the lease and first month's rent money, and Chris's Mom will be moving in with her Daughter – and it tears my heart out because that is just about as far as any two people can get from 'Happyville.' Chris says she remains current on the trade school loan repayment, knock on wood."

They had exited the building, and Jimmy continued to talk, "Frankly, Billy, my court-ordered obligation to my daughter is complete, and she is now just another 'charge-off' and out of my life because I can not reach her."

Billy said, "I don't know that term, Jimmy, but it sounds awful."

He replied, "Trust me, it means that one's individuality no longer exists."

Billy said, as he sat in his car and Jimmy was standing beside the open window, "Well, there is a chance that after living together Chris and her Mom will help each other mend – it could happen. Thank you, Mister Gray, for asking for this meeting and now I have closure."

At work, Billy continued to flourish. He enrolled in business school at the suggestion of the aging owner, who later stuffed an envelope bulging with big bills into his new yard superintendent's coat pocket. The note said, 'This is to reimburse you for college expenses even though the company can not afford this as yet as a general policy but I have hopes that we will be profitable enough in the future that education reimbursement becomes policy – this gift is my personal one for a job well done. Please keep me informed of your progress. BRA'

At the next D.C. Circuits class in college, Billy was early and was reviewing his homework, when a young woman wearing a 'Women in Engineering' sweatshirt asked him, "Did you solve the starred problem?"

Billy looked at her closely and was captivated by her look of calmness and healthy skin. He said, "Yes. Would you like for me to show you how I set it up after class?"

At that moment the professor walked in. The angelic character said, "Yes. Please do."

Billy Miles smiled with his whole head and said, "Yes. Meet you in the Student Union coffee shop just after class.

To Be Continued.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 22 milliseconds