A Witch's Beloved

Drake would have gone after the throat of anyone who threatened him but he could only have respect for a man who cared so much for a sibling.

"If I managed to hurt her, I'd take any punishment you wanted brother.."

Julian relaxed and sighed.

"Mel."

"Yes?"

"I suppose you're free to fuck him if you want...you can't....oh you can't be my baby sister forever." he sobbed.

Melody wasn't sure whether to be mortified or to laugh hysterically.

"Stop being so dramatic....we just met, we aren't doing anything and what's with the crocodile tears? Where you hoping I'd be a lesbian?"

He sniffed.

"Well of course, you could be a lipstick and I could pick out a nice butch for you."

She rolled her eyes.

"And for the record he's a wolf, their very 'friendly' with the opposite sex, if I don't give my approval now it'll kill me if you make babies with him."

Giving up on her brother's hysterics she simply patted his shoulder and glared at Drake who couldn't stop laughing.

..........

Around noon Melody finally got Julian to stay silent for several hours, Julian asked where Drake lived and he told him it was irrelevant because his home was burnt to the ground to draw him out. All it took was a bit of lemon to mix with the smoke and he was easily screwed. Julian kindly donated his clothes to the "baby daddy" that would belong to his sister who threatened to go after him with a broom if he didn't shut it.

"He's staying here isn't he, I mean you did save his life and all doesn't he owe you or something?" Julian asked.

"Why are you asking me? You're the senior warlock here." Melody said.

He rolled his eyes.

"It was a test, someone hasn't been studying."

"Yes I have."

He rolled his eyes again.

"Since he's an alpha and your interference left him alive he needs to do a favor that equals the value of his life for you."

"I don't need a favor."

Drake smirked.

"I'll save it for later then."

She huffed.

"Not now not ever, I wasn't going to stand by and watch.....and I didn't do anything."

"Oh so modest, I'd make him my sex slave if I was a woman and into men."

Drake raised an eyebrow, Melody tapped her brother on the shoulder.

"Julian."

"Yes my sweet?"

"You need to stop living through me and go get laid."

He scoffed.

"It's my duty to live through you until you get married, since you're still in training and all."

She sighed then glanced at Drake.

"You should stay while you finish your trial, safety in numbers and all that."

He felt a warm feeling wash over him like melted chocolate, she was worried about him, if that didn't feel good he wasn't sure what would.

"Whatever you say."

"Also I suppose there is a little something I want."

"Anything."

"And remember not to take this the wrong way."

He raised an eyebrow.

"I want to ride you."

...........

While he had no choice but to take it the wrong way he didn't mind what she actually meant, she was sitting on his back while he ran in a large open space near the country side in his wolf form. While he appeared to be still scratched he was in mostly perfect condition, it was a stab to his ego that he'd been so easily taken down with superficial wounds but he would take his excuse and live with it. As long as Melody didn't think less of him he knew it wasn't important.

She admitted that ever since she was a kid and first learned about wolves, who were large to begin with but could grow larger as they saw fit, she had wanted to ride one. This time he did howl feeling her clinging to his neck as he jumped over rocks and logs before starting all over again. He slid to a stop as the sun began to go down, she slid off of his back and he snickered a bit seeing her hair was a mess. She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Just so you know, brother dear, I like my hair this way so stop making fun of me."

He cocked his head.

"So why are you blushing and trying to fight with it?"

"I'm not blushing, I'm simply out of breath and I'm a girl...we always fight with our hair, from the first day we learn what a brush is good for to the day we become women."

He raised an eyebrow.

..

Eventually she gave up as they walked back, he was in his human form, there were a few humans who knew there was more to the world than they could see but not everyone had the information. It was better not to cause concern by having a large wolf walking around without a name tag.

"Thank you."

He glanced at her.

"For?"

"Letting me use you like a horse."

He smirked.

"You're really good with those double entendres."

"It's a skill." she said simply.

..............

}{ "Mel......"

Melody opened her eyes and saw that she was floating in a cliché but acceptable black room filled with fog. A cloaked figure shook his skeletal hands at her, far too over dramatically for her liking. She smiled softly.

"Dad you didn't scare me the first time and you sure won't scare me any other time after."

Her father took off the hood, he was bald with a simple mustache even in death he was still handsome.

"You could humor me once in a while."

She moved to sit up and he walked over to her.

"How's work?"

He shrugged.

"Same old same old, had to take Mr. Johnson today."

She frowned.

"Oh no, he was such a sweet old man."

"A sweet old man who has lived out his purpose sweetheart."

Her father had "died" when the original grim reaper decided he needed an assistant, apparently Cameron fit the job perfectly. He could visit around three am in the realm of the dreams, but he was working most of the time, or punishing the not so good souls by replaying their mistakes over and over like a scratched record stuck on repeat. His wife Julia was proud to call him her husband and waited for his visit.

"I suppose so."

"So Julian tells me you...."

"Stop right there, Drake and I are not sleeping together, we just met."

"Are you going to?"

"Dad I'm not discussing this with you."

"I just want you to be happy hon....and if he can't perform the basic task of a male then you won't have time to be happy, you'll be too bored."

She giggled and rolled her eyes, her dad kissed her cheek and faded into the shadows telling her to bring Drake next time.}{

Melody's eyes opened and the cold in the room that her father normally left behind slowly faded away. She stretched and rolled over to get a couple more hours of sleep, they had to go shopping for a few things later.

It was nice to be out and about around ten, Julian had tagged along saying he needed to pick up something but Melody knew he was just planning on giving Drake, who he supposedly approved of, a hard time.

........

Beyond the woods that spread out between the vast country side and the city, there was a simple black shack that had been brown at one point. Something about the shack, no the entire hidden area screamed evil. The murky black stream sat completely still, not even curious bunny rabbits or young sparrows could be found in the area, the grass no longer grew, even the wind made it it's mission to avoid it. This was where the mysterious man was headed, he had been in a good mood until he got close.

He knew he was about to get punished, he walked up the cracked pavement and toward the shattered steps and into the doorway. He looked around the dark room.

"Uh....I'm here..."

He grunted as a rock was thrown at his head, he backed up until he fell over a stack of old books. He backs into the wall and watched the darkness shift into a person, the eyes didn't even glow red, but if anyone else was in his place they would know the gaze was on them.

"Allow me to tell you a little story." the raspy voice said.

He swallowed nervously.

"O....kay..."

"Once upon a time there was an angry woman who had had enough, it was decided that she would have what she wanted by force if necessary. She came up with a plan to get her revenge, without having to get her hands dirty. She hired a man who swore he would help, that he was good enough to perform the simple task of killing a little puppy. He failed and returned to her, like the idiot he was and now....tell me, do you want to know how the story ends?"

He fought to get up and rushed past the figure and out of the house, she raised her hand and clenched her fist quickly and he fell to the ground with a thud. She wiggled her fingers and he watched a large boulder fly over to him.

"No...no...wait I can do it...give me another chance!"

She tilted her head as if considering it, the rock floated in circles around his body randomly stopping. It could have fallen and taken an arm or a leg, could have crushed his head or even landed away from him completely.

"You bitch that isn't funny!"

She frowned and the boulder fell directly on him, making a fine red mess on her front lawn.

"Silly boy, didn't your mother teach you any manners? Never disrespect a lady who can kill you."

She groaned as she felt an electric charge running through her body, her little temper tantrum would cost her. She frowned and moved to fade into the shadows of the house.

"I suppose if I have to work for it...the reward will be sweeter in the end."

............

The remainder of the week proved to be different than Drake assumed, it was even harder than he thought. He'd made it a habit to go around the city after Melody had gone to bed he was desperate to find the man who had tried to end his life.

He might never find out that he is already dead.

Late on Sunday night he walked back inside Melody's apartment and looked in her bedroom, he grabbed an extra blanket out of her closet and set it on top of her. His body heat ran higher than hers but even he felt the chill in her room. After he was sure that she was warm he left her room, he glanced at his cell phone he cursed seeing that it was off. He was suppose to receive a message at midnight asking about his whereabouts and health. He placed it on the charger and waited a bit before turning it back on, sure enough he had several missed calls.

He called the last number on the missed call list back.

"Alpha Drake?"

He smiled slightly hearing the voice of his head butler if you needed a title to give him. Eric was caramel skinned green eyed bundle of nerves. If he was an actual puppy he would be the perfect blend between the skittish runt afraid of his own shadow, the most excited puppy, and the anti-social one who you had to prove yourself to.

"Long time no see brother."

"You damn....."

He held the phone away from his ear as Eric went off on him, oh Drake was certain he had a split personality. If his moods weren't so unpredictable he would be second in command no matter how long they had been friends Drake new that too much power given to a person like Eric could only give disaster to everyone under him. After throwing every swear word in the book at him until he was blue in the face he panted while he calmed down. Drake held the phone to his ear.

"Are you finished?"

"Yes....we were worried about you, you didn't answer any of our calls."

"I was out doing something and the battery died."

"Bastard." he mumbled.

"I'm fine, someone only tried to cut my life short once after all."

He held the phone away from his ear as Eric went off again, when he was done he held back a laugh.

"It's not funny."

"Yes it is."

"No it isn't."

"Eric stop over reacting and tell my parents I'm alive, the trial is completed and soon they'll need to meet my mate."

"Yes yes...wait what was that last part?" Eric said.

"My mate, I met her last week."

"Oh my....oh you're....what is..." Eric stammered.

Easily excited plus skittish was a terrible mix.

"Let's try to finish our sentences hmm?" Drake said.

"Congratulations! What is she like?" Eric said, ignoring Drake as best he could/

"Well for starters she's a witch."

"A witch you say? Why there hasn't been a witch in the family since your great-great-great-great grandmother passed away."

"I know."

"Just wait until I tell your parents, hang on let me go tell them you haven't died."

Drake rolled his eyes he could hear the phone falling out of his hand as he rushed out of the room.

....

It didn't take long before his mother, Madam Beta Annabelle came to the phone, the last time he saw her she was the a flawless blond beauty he looked most like. The training the first born alpha didn't last as long and the parents immediately stepped down upon it's completion. While they remained a high rank among the other weres for successfully breeding a proper alpha, their child was in charge after tree years worth of training. His father, High Beta Derik was almost her complete opposite from his deep brown eyes to his short black hair. His brother, Alpha Alec took after their father in looks but like Drake, kept his hair much longer.

It was nice to hear their voices after so long, he was glad to hear that Alec had also met his mate, in a young women named Cecilia and her father had finally given Alec permission to court her. They could meet when Drake returned home to claim his reward.

............

Later in the morning Melody hopped in the shower, one of her strengths was empathy she could feel the excitement coming from Drake. She knew 'happy' didn't describe how he felt about his success. She peeked in her living room, he was in his wolf form sitting by the couch.

"Hey Drake?"

He looked up.

"Are you going to rush back and see your family today?"

"That depends are you coming with me?"

"Well that depends on what time you want to go, my vacation time is up I have to go back to work today."

"Where do you work?"

She blushed.

"Well, down at LaLunes."

"The goth fifties-like diner."

She put her hands on her hips.

"Don't make fun of me I love that place."

"And do you have a sexy leather uniform that brings in more tips?" he asked jokingly.

She grinned.

"Maybe."

..................

A set of ripped leather pants, a royal blue blouse cut at the midsection, and a pair of knee high leather boots combined with a small black apron with the name printed on it in bloody cursive made up Melody's uniform. Drake swallowed the lump in his throat as she put her hair in a high ponytail and did her make up. She glanced at him noticing he'd gone a bit pale.

"Are you OK?"

"Yeah, the blood is...just a bit low."

"Do you need me to stay in?"

"Nope."

"But you said..."

"I said it's low and that's all you're getting out of me."

She blushed.

Though his wolf wasn't happy about it he offered to walk her to work then he would go check in with his family. He needed some time to cool his head and he was sure to jump her if he spent much more time around her in his current state while looking at her current outfit.

..........

LaLunes was one of the smaller places to be, it played a large range of music, served American, Chinese, Italian, and Mexican food. The only thing really about it that belonged in the fifties was the gothified décor. The booths were no longer red, they were onyx black with bloody white roses stitched on. The first generation motorcycles that were on display were either solid black or had a mix of flames and skulls added to them. Many of the famous posters and pictures of celebrities had been altered. Elvis was a werewolf, Lucy and Ricardo were a pair of mummies, even the Beatles were included as a group of zombies.

All of the other bright red and random yellows had been replaced with black, there was even a drive up half where you could be served by ghouls on rollerblades. Ironically, the diner was owned by a human, Mr. Headen. Drake left Melody at the door and made sure she was safe before he took off.

Melody clocked in and cocked her head seeing her currently green haired and brown eyed friend Sandra was staring at her.

"Hi Sandy.."

"Don't you 'hi Sandy' me, you picked up a man while you had time off and didn't call me once to give me details."

She laughed as her friend threw her arms around her.

"Tell me who the hottie was!"

She rolled her eyes.

"His name is Drake, he's single, he's straight, has just about the nicest butt I've ever seen on a man, and he cooks."

Sandra squealed.

"Oh you have to let me meet this tall glass of chocolate man."

"You know, connecting everything you like with chocolate milk will me make you dislike it."

She made a face.

"How dare you question the power of chocolate milk....who are you?"

Melody burst in a fit of giggles before running to greet her boss.

...................

Drake's pack lived in a large gated community several beautiful homes in a variety of colors rested behind a thick stone wall with iron gates. The gates were not kept oiled, should an intruder be dumb enough to try and break in they would have alerted everyone by the time they got in. Going down the center a visitor would soon see a large crystal fountain, the center piece is an arrow through the heart.

Drake's father had it made for their mother when they first mated and like their relationship it was still in perfect condition. Beyond the fountain was an impressive mansion, it appeared to be freshly sculpted from a slab of marble. A large garden and orchard surrounded most of it. Instead of having prized horses they kept prized racing dogs. Inside the calm cream color scheme with splashes of blue could grab anyone's attention. When Drake walked inside he was greeted by his family with his brother right up front. Some thought that animosity could be bred with the splitting of a pack, but Alec couldn't be prouder of his younger brother.

............

Melody tapped on her chin as she zoned out on her lunch break, she looked up as Sandra sat next to her.

"So why didn't you come visit me at all?" Melody asked.

"Because I had business to attend to."

"Oh was the 'business' tall, dark and handsome, or maybe it wasn't from around here...do tell."

Sandra laughed.

"OK OK, he is tall, dark, and heavily muscled, his name is Lucien Greene..."

Melody's smile faded.

"Lucien Greene?"

"Yeah that's what I said, do you know him?"

"Sort of."

"Don't tell me he's gay......."

Melody picked up her things to toss in the trash and walked out of the break room with Sandra hot on her tail.

"Mel."

"Sandy he's not gay.......according to my brother."

"This is your brother's ex?"

She asked showing the picture on her cell phone, Melody nodded and patted her friend's back as she cursed.

"I knew it was too good to be true......we could still get manicures together I guess."

Melody smiled.

"That's my girl, every cloud has a silver lining."

"Well at least one of us will get laid." Sandra mumbled.

..........

After work Melody found Drake leaning against a shiny black sports car, she didn't know the brand it could have been specially made for all she knew.

"Hey nice wheels, so you got the rest of your bank account back?"

Aside from not having resources from the pack, the wolf also had to give up most of their funds. You need a bit of money to get around but not enough to play around with.

"Yes, but this was a present from my brother."

Melody walked over to examine the car, it was sort of like the baby of a Porsche and a Corvette, it was beauty.

"Oh how cool....so you're officially an alpha then?"

"Finally, all of the hybrids and white wolves answer to me, the black and red wolves are under my brother's control. For now I'm free, want to go for a ride in this?"

"I'd love to."

"Great, there are some things I need to talk to you about."

As soon as the words left his mouth Drake wasn't so sure anything had ever made him more nervous than the thought that she could still reject him at any time. .....

(A tiny cliff hanger Hope you'll stick around to find out what happens next also, some of things mentioned may not get explained right away and that's because Melody has a lot to learn so information may be scattered a bit.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 20 milliseconds