Batgirl: Green-eyed Monster Ch. 05

"But Sir, she..."

"Thank you, Hilary! That will be all!" he replied, in a firm, no-nonsense tone of voice.

"Y-Yes, Sir!" She backed out, closing the door behind her, an apoplectic expression on her face.

"Now Miss...?"

"Goodbody! Jennifer Goodbody!"

"Please take a seat, Ms. Goodbody!" Harvey admired the expanse of pale shapely thigh, as she sat down, tugging at the hem of her short skirt, self-consciously. He entwined the fingers of his slim hands, resting his weight on his elbows, on his desktop, as he gave her a reassuring smile. "Now, what can I do for you, young lady?"

"You can tell me what you've done with Barbara Gordon, for a start!" Jenny snapped, belligerently.

"What makes you think I've done ANYTHING with Ms. Gordon?" he replied, raising one well-plucked eyebrow and giving her his best disarming smile.

"She's disappeared, and YOU were almost certainly the last person to see her!"

"And what makes you think that?" he asked, his grey eyes glittering, dangerously.

"Because she was your date last night!"

"Ah, yes... Well, I dropped Ms. Gordon off at the front of her apartment block, just past midnight, after we returned from dining at my favorite restaurant. You can phone the establishment in question and confirm the time of our departure, if you like? I think I have their address and telephone number here, somewhere? Now, where did I put it?" He pulled open the top left drawer of his desk and started to sift through the contents.

"Er, no, that won't be necessary," Jenny mumbled, somewhat taken aback.

"I can assure you that Barbara was in perfect health when I left her, except for her being slightly inebriated of course."

"Oh?" Suddenly, Jenny started to feel very foolish, as well as frustrated.

"Is there anything else you wish to know, young lady?"

There were plenty of things Jenny would've liked to grill the stuck-up, pompous ass about, but she managed to control her usual tendency to fly off the handle. "Did, ah, did Barbara act strange, or do anything unusual, when you said goodnight to her?" she asked, lamely.

"Not that I noticed, but then I WAS engrossed in kissing the delectable Ms. Gordon, at the time!" he replied, with a slight smirk on his lips. He reached up and smoothed his moustache down, with the thumb and index finger of his left hand.

Jennifer experienced a sudden flash of irritation, at his display of preening. "Well, thank you for your time, Mr. Dent," she said, rising to her feet and brushing her short skirt down over her thighs, with both hands. "I, ah, I'm sorry I barged in on you like that, but I am very worried about Barbara!"

He smiled and raised his eyes to her face, as he stood up and reached out to shake her hand. "No problem, Ms. Goodbody! I only wish I could've been of more help. My secretary will show you out!"

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 442 milliseconds