Champions Vol. 02

Considering what she knew of Charis, Laurena had to ask, "Perhaps that is just who she is. Is it not possible that, like Paramonos, Charis is just not interested in others in that way?"

"Ahh, that is a very good question," Philotheos congratulated her. "But, if that were the case, then why would she ask that neither I nor Onesiphoros ever match her with the young man. He is in fact the only person that she has ever denied a Blessing."

Laurena was shocked. All priests and priestesses had the right to refuse to render a Blessing to someone, although it was rarely done. Worship was about sharing love with all the faithful, refusing someone that you were supposed to be showing love to ran counter to their beliefs. And Charis was the absolute last person she ever expected to refuse a faithful.

Seeing the surprise and confusion on her face, Philotheos decided to share his theory with the Champion. "I believe she is afraid of falling in love, because it might mean leaving the clergy, and thus the only life she has ever known. I suspect that Charis might actually believe it is possible for her to return Paramonos' feelings, and that is why she refuses him. She secretly hopes he will find another, and forget her so that she no longer has to face the temptation.

"I chose to have him join you because Charis is well aware of both your beauty and your proficiency in Blessings, not to mention that you are also Eros' Champion now. She asked that I group you with him, and I believe it is because she assumes that if anyone can draw the young man's attention away from her, it is you...and I have to admit it is certainly possible."

Laurena was stunned at the elaborate nature of the old priest's machinations. She had always assumed that worship services were merely a way to share love in a communal way. Yet, Philotheos appeared to also use them to help individual faithful deal with problems in their lives.

"What happens if I do succeed in becoming the new object of his affection?" Laurena inquired cautiously. "I leave in two days; will he not just return his attentions back to Charis?"

"I suspect she feels that if he learns that he can have strong feelings for someone other than her then it will open his heart to returning the affections of one of his many admirers here in Calavius," Philotheos explained his evaluation of his junior priestess's reasoning.

Seeing Laurena begin to nod in agreement with her friend's assessment, Philotheos interrupted her thoughts, "I would not worry about that however. The boy's entire heart is focused on Charis, and when even you cannot sway it then perhaps Charis will finally give him a chance."

Surprised that the old priest was actually expecting her to fail, she blurted out, "But that would mean that she may fall in love with him and leave the clergy."

Philotheos merely smiled at her. "Erosius will certainly never lack priests and priestesses, and there are worse things than having one more pair of loving parents to raise the next generation."

*** Chapter 10: Erosians, Meet Your Champion ***

191930APR13 DW

Calavius, Erosius

After the unexpected conversation, Laurena followed as Philotheos led her back into the main worship room of the temple. The old priest moved towards the central dais to address the faithful, motioning for Laurena to join her group seated on a large cushion nearby. Once she was seated he cleared his throat to get the attendees' attention, and began his sermon.

"Welcome all to tonight's service," Philotheos began. "This night shall be one of wonder, for I have momentous news to share with you."

"After nearly twenty winters of absence, Eros has been seen in our lands again," he announced.

The entire room erupted in excitement, for most of those in attendance had prayed for such news their entire lives. The jubilant crowd grew louder, with many loudly demanding silence so that they could hear more from this herald of hope.

Raising his hands for quiet, Philotheos was able to eventually bring silence to the room, and continue his oration. "Eros was encountered by three travelers, who met him less than a week ago at the Field of Woe."

This information caused a murmur of disbelief amongst the faithful. No one traveled to the Field of Woe!

"This trio traveled to this place of sadness and loss because our god commanded it; and when they arrived they were greeted by him, and given a momentous task to perform at his behest. I cannot share with you what this task is -- for it was assigned by Eros himself -- but I can share with you a gift that he gave back to our people after a long absence..." Philotheos trailed off, letting the suspense his words evoked build in the room.

When he felt he could wait no longer, the priest motioned with one hand for Laurena to stand, and directed everyone's attention to her. "May I be the first to introduce you all to Laurena, the next Champion of Eros."

The words had barely left his lips when the entire room erupted in happy cheering. For a people so long without the presence of their god, to have his chosen symbol in their midst was the greatest validation of their faith that they could imagine. Many men and women leapt from their seats and rushed to greet the new Champion, practically swarming Laurena in their joy.

For her part in this, the former acolyte was rapidly overwhelmed. In the two winters since reaching adulthood she had become used to the appreciation and affection of men, and some women, who were enchanted with her beauty. However, this level of adulation was far, far different than any she had ever experienced before. The people surrounding her now were not merely lusting after her physical form, they were scrambling to simply bask in her presence. They did not desire her Blessing as she was used to, they merely wished to see, and be seen by, the Champion of Eros. The experience swelled her pride, which had been much abused of late. This was the kind of respect and admiration that she had always dreamed of.

Taking time to shake hands, accept hugs, and even receive a few kisses, Laurena was eventually able to thin the crowd around her with the help of Philotheos, Onesiphoros, and Charis. Finally all the attendees were seated once more, although the excitement within the room was still high. Walking back to the dais, Philotheos motioned for silence so that he could resume his oration.

"This is truly wonderful news, and I imagine all of you are as happy to hear of this as I was. However, our Champion also bears a warning from our god. An enemy of our faith approaches from the west, across the Great Sea, intent on destroying our religion and enslaving our people. It was the advanced forces of this enemy that were defeated by Ophelia, the last Champion, at the cost of her life. While she was able to slow them with her actions, even her great sacrifice was not enough to stop this terrible threat.

"Now this enemy has decided to come for us once more, and it seeks nothing less than the extermination of our faith," the old priest explained, to the now stunned crowd.

"I know that this is difficult to hear, but we are Erosians," he continued. "We are the light of our god Eros, and the best hope for all humanity on this world. Eros has faith in us, and our ability to defeat this threat to our world. We have overcome every challenge that our faith has faced before, and I firmly believe we will do so again. We must remain strong, but we must also remain pure of purpose, for the love of one another is our greatest strength, just as the hatred of our love is the enemy's greatest weakness. So tonight, I ask that you join together, and share the love that Eros has blessed us with. In doing so you will claim your measure of its power, which will allow you to go forth and face this threat strong of heart, compassionate of mind, and resolved of faith, so that the love of Eros will never be lost from our lives."

As Philotheos words reached the audience, the fear and uncertainty within the room slowly evaporated and was replaced with hope. Partners, who only moments before clutched each other for reassurance, were now holding one another with hope and love. Gentle caresses and tender kisses were exchanged, and as his final words floated throughout the room, the groups of faithful began to disrobe in preparation for the Blessing. The sharing of love was not just a way to improve the community; it was also a way to share of Eros' power. If the threat coming to their shores was as great as Philotheos suggested, then the fervent sharing of that power was a necessity for their future.

Nodding for Laurena to be seated back with her group, Philotheos disrobed and joined his own, determined to ensure that this Blessing, and all those that would follow, would be the most devout and loving to have ever been experienced in Calavius. The Erosian people needed their god's power in this fight, and he would do everything he could to ensure that the faithful of his city gathered as much as possible.

Laurena returned to her cushion, and took in the faces of the three faithful that she had been grouped with. Helene and Hermes seemed overwhelmed by the news, the idea of being together, and also receiving a Blessing from the next Champion of their god. They both looked at her nervously. Paramonos seemed pensive, and he stole a glace toward Charis when he thought Laurena was not looking. However, when her full attention was turned toward the young man, he smiled enthusiastically, seeming joyous for the honor of receiving a Blessing from Eros' Champion.

Laurena had considered how to proceed with this group, given the information and request that she had received from Philotheos. She had decided on a simple plan, in the hopes that it would be better than a more complicated or elaborate one.

Turning toward Hermes, she shrugged out of her robe and leaned in for a kiss before he could fully take in the glorious curves of her now bare form. As her lips pressed into his, she reached down, searching out and finding his hand, which she pressed to her breast. While their tongues battled she eased herself closer, bridging the distance between them until she was astride his lap. Reaching down for the tie of his robe, she released the loose knot and slowly opened the silken garment.

Her lightning assault rapidly overcame his hesitancy, and Hermes lips began to caress Laurena's in return. Meanwhile, his hand awakened as well, and it began to enthusiastically stroke the swell of her breast and gently pluck at her nipple.

After a few moments of enjoying his attention, Laurena pulled back and turned to Helene, beckoning her closer. The young woman had never joined with another woman before, let alone a Champion, and she was very nervous. However, she moved closer to Laurena as requested, shooting a worried look towards Hermes as though afraid he would disapprove of the action.

Once Helene was close enough, Laurena leaned in to kiss her. As their lips met, Laurena heard a soft growl of lust from Hermes, and mentally grinned at the effect her actions were having on him. Helene also heard the noise of approval, and returned the passionate kiss with renewed enthusiasm.

Leaving one hand to gently trace his exposed chest, she reached over to Helene's waist with the other, untying her robe as she had done with Hermes' before. Sliding the sides apart, she reached down and found his other hand, taking it in her grasp and moving it toward Helene's exposed bust. The instant his firm hand grazed Helene's naked breast, the woman moaned into Laurena's mouth, excited by the thought that the man she so lusted after was finally touching her intimately.

Continuing the kiss, Laurena's tongue and lips caressed Helene's, drawing her deeper into the haze of lust that the Champion hoped would allow the pair to overcome their hesitancy towards one another. With her left hand she slowly traced a wandering line down his chest, across his stomach, until finally finding his excited manhood. Grasping it lightly, she heard the catch in his breathing as she began to slowly stroke it.

Meanwhile, she reached over with her now free hand -- having released Hermes' once it was fully engaged in tantalizing Helene's breasts -- and sought out Helene's nearest wrist. Taking it firmly, she moved the woman's hand to take up a position over top her own on Hermes' erection, joining her in pleasuring the man. Once the other woman had adapted to the rhythm she was setting, she slipped her hand out from underneath Helene's, and allowed her to take full control of the stimulation.

Finally breaking from their kiss, Laurena slid to the side, tugging Helene into her previous position atop Hermes lap. Now that she was out of the way, the two hesitant lovers looked toward one another, and the lust that the Champion had built between them overflowed. Hermes pulled his hand from Laurena's chest, and wrapped both arms around Helene, pulling her forward into a sizzling kiss. Not to be outdone, Helene wrapped her arms around his neck and rocked her hips forward, grinding her aroused sex against his throbbing hardness.

They both moaned in pleasure, each deliriously pleased that this moment had finally come to pass.

Laurena moved around behind Helene, sliding the woman's robe completely off her, and planting small kisses of appreciation on her neck and shoulders. She then moved to Hermes and did the same. As the pair of them began to rock their hips together more urgently, she moved back and simply watched. She was not sure if it would take more to get the two of them to overcome their fears, but this seemed like a good start.

When Helene lowered one arm down between her and Hermes, grasping his cock and aiming it toward her pussy, Hermes pulled back from the kiss. His lust fueled vision was nearly full of appreciation for this moment, but a small glimmer of concern still remained within his gaze. With a ghost of a smile, Helene realized why he was concerned and appreciated it all the more. Here was a man that would love her the way she always wanted, and would put her own needs before his.

Deciding that it was by Eros time for her to claim what she wanted, Helene quickly moved his tip to her entrance and thrust her hips down forcefully, taking his entire length inside of her body. They both gasped at the wonderful pleasure of this act, both finally realizing how much they needed one another. As they began to rock back and forth, Laurena turned to Paramonos, who had been seated calmly beside them this entire time.

She could tell from the tenting of his robe that her actions thus far had certainly been enjoyed; and from the appreciative gaze that he wandered over her body she certainly had his interest. Prowling across the cushion toward him, she gave the young man her most lusty gaze.

"So, I have heard that you are quite skilled in pleasing a woman," Laurena began sultrily.

"I have tried to learn as much as I could, Champion," Paramonos replied softly. "Priest Onesiphoros has been a patient teacher, and there are many women amongst the faithful that were willing to help with my education."

"Well then, let us see what you have learned," she replied coquettishly.

Nodding, Paramonos untied his robe, and shrugged it from his shoulders.

Laurena considered his form. He was still a bit young, but his frame clearly showed that he worked hard at his duties. While his build was not nearly as large and muscled as David's, it was certainly strong. Wiry was probably the best description. His manhood was slightly above average for an Erosian, but not among the largest she had ever witnessed; and definitely nowhere close to David's size.

Admonishing herself sternly, she tried to force these thoughts of the soldier from her mind. She had been repeatedly taught in the academy that every man, and woman, was an individual, and should be treated as such. They should never be compared to others, but instead accepted and appreciated for who and how Eros made them. And yet, she could not help but wonder if, even with all of his supposed skill, Paramonos would be able to please her as well as David could.

Shoving that negative thought aside, Laurena moved to straddle the young man, leaning her mouth forward to capture his lips with her own. As their mouths connected, she could already tell that this young man certainly had significant skill. His lips were practically electric, exciting hers with a mysterious combination of hard and soft pressure, along with teasing and tantalizing licks from his tongue. Sitting astride his manhood, Laurena could feel her core electrify from his kissing, and she began to rub it against his throbbing erection.

As their kissing continued, her thrusts became more pronounced, rubbing her lower lips more forcefully against the cock trapped between their bodies. Suddenly he pulled her to the side, and she gave a small squeak of surprise. Rolling her onto her back, Paramonos came to rest above her, with his groin pressed hard against hers and their lips still connected.

Finally breaking from the kiss, Paramonos gave Laurena a mischievous look.

"It's time to show you what I've learned."

*** Chapter 11: Apt Pupil ***

192011APR13 DW

Calavius, Erosius

After they finished their conversation with Themistokles, David and Sapphire bade him good evening and traveled to their guest accommodations. David, Sapphire, and Laurena had each been assigned their own rooms, but Sapphire merely glanced into her own room before shooting David a mischievous look and leading him to his. Upon entering it David was distracted by the pile of his gear stacked neatly in the corner -- having been moved from their horses into their rooms by the temple personnel -- and he diverted his path to it. Over the next few minutes he meticulously verified that all of his equipment was present. Finally, nodding in satisfaction that it was all there, he turned to find Sapphire and stopped in shock. She had been busy as well.

Reclining on the bed, Sapphire was naked. While he was distracted with his equipment she had stripped, and her own pile of clothing was stacked neatly on a nearby chair. The dim light of the candles illuminated her deliciously silky, blue-hued skin. She had released her hair from its braid, and now it was cascading across the bed behind her, with a few stray locks drifting across her chest, teasingly concealing her charms.

Lifting a sensuous hand she twirled a lock of her hair, using the end to tease her own nipple. David could do nothing but take in the erotic sight. His lust peaked in an instant, and as his manhood hardened beneath his combat pants, he saw Sapphire's skin flush. It was as though his passion was feeding hers. Looking up from her languid teasing with lustily hooded eyes, Sapphire shot him a seductive gaze.

"Oh, are you finally done?" she said teasingly. "I thought that I might have to start without you."

Snapping out of his paralysis, David shot her a roguish grin, and began stripping out of his own clothes while stating cheekily, "As long as you don't finish without me..."

Snorting at the audacity of his statement, Sapphire was about to respond when he removed his tight, body hugging combat shirt and she immediately lost her train of thought. The candlelight in the room danced over his muscled frame, highlighting his strong chest and arms while casting definition between his muscles into tantalizing shadow. In this light his skin nearly glowed, and as the Dracian looked closer she realized that his skin tone had actually changed in the past weeks. She was not sure why she had just now noticed it, but his skin was darker, past Laurena's sun-kissed tone and nearing a lovely bronze. Except for his scars, which were much lighter in shade and now stood in stark relief against the surrounding flesh. Distracted by this thought, she was noticeably silent as David finished his disrobing.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 52 milliseconds