Contact Sports Ch. 02

"Steve, I need to go home to face the consequences of my actions. But I will come back as soon as I settle a few things, if this is what you want. I know it is what I want." Oh, I was bold, putting it out there! Holding my breath, I waited. He didn't disappoint.

"Yes! Come back as soon as you can. I will be waiting with open arms." Joy shimmered through my whole body. This time I was the one who twirled him around only it was a happy little jig. Laughing, collapsing against his chest, planting sloppy kisses all over his mouth and face and neck I felt like I was home already.

"The sooner we get you on that plane and to New York the sooner you can come back to me." Firmly grabbing my arm he propelled me through the house and out the front door as fast as humanly possible, but I was beyond caring.

He deposited me at the doors of the hotel and watched as I ran inside. Turning at the entrance I blew him a kiss and shouted out, "I love you, Steve Jennings!"

His look of amusement turned to bemusement as he shouted back more quietly but with force "I love you too, Marie Meriwether!"

*****

I packed hastily and arranged for a taxi. Pumped up beyond belief I headed for the airport. As I was rushing to my gate, I groaned seeing the newsstand. Oh no! On the front page of The Daily Mirror a headline caught my attention. "England's Golden Boy in Love!" And beneath it, a side view picture of us when Steve was untangling my hair at the lake. Another beside it of us outside the hotel shouting "I Love You" to each other.

Even if no one could actually hear us, our expressions said everything. Steve's privacy and mine invaded by a long range lens. I shuddered at his reaction, knowing he would hate the attention. Grabbing my cell I tried calling his to no avail. Dejected I arrived at my gate, my heart in my throat at my choice.

Throwing caution to the wind, I rushed out of the airport my decision made. I wouldn't be on that flight and I wouldn't be returning to the States. Not today. I didn't care that my luggage would be going, I didn't care that my editor would fire me, I didn't care that the world knew. I only cared about reaching Steve's side. I had seen the media rip apart relationships with innuendoes and savage lies. I was not going to let that happen if it was in my power not to. Stepping off the curb as I hailed a cab, I didn't see the car in my blind spot traveling too fast. I never felt a thing.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 62 milliseconds