Destined Hearts Ch. 02

The quietness continued until...

"Have you ever broken someone's relationship before?" He popped the stupid question.

"What?" Praveen gasped, slowly looking at the man that was looking seriously forward. "What do you mean by that?"

"Let's just say, I wanna hear your answer." He was gonna trap the boy.

Praveen really had no idea how that question was related to them getting to know each other but...

"No!" He said with confidence in his voice. "I have never done that before."

"Hmm," he chuckled teasingly. "That's good. I am glad you haven't done that before because it would be real bad right?"

"Yes!" he agreed, frowning at the question.

"Ah..." He laughed softly. "Okay." He turned and faced the boy. "Imagine you had a really great boyfriend who you love so much and the relationship just fails like that. What would you do?"

Strange, Praveen thought as he looked at Antonio with nothing but confusion on his face. "I... I have never been in such a relationship before but..."

"I said imagine." He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay." He took a deep breath. "If I had such a person and then the relationship failed then I can accept it. We are not meant to be. I believe that if you are really meant to end up together then you are eventually gonna end up together no matter what happens."

"Stupid little..." Antonio thought as he clenched on his fists. Fuck! He couldn't believe the boy had just said that to him, a nerd.

"So you believe in destiny?"

"Yes!" Praveen smiled, staring straight on the ground. "I believe that whatever the almighty says will happen then it will happen." He was still smiling. He had no idea why Antonio was asking such weird questions but the guy seemed nice. Maybe he was just one of those shy and quiet guys.

"Sometimes what we want may just be beyond us and that is something we must accept." He continued. "I believe if something is for you then you will get it but if it's not for you then the almighty will give you something that's for you."

Antonio couldn't say anything anymore. It seemed he had underestimated Praveen but that didn't bring down his anger at all. In fact, his anger just got out of hand. What was he gonna do now that he had done what he had planned? It was confusing and irritating at the same time.

"Hmm," He chuckled, shaking his head. "Looks like you like you like to speak about the almighty a lot." He laughed bitterly. "But..." He paused and stared at the boy. "...what if you found out that you have broken many relationships?"

"Uh!" Praveen frowned, quickly looking at Antonio. "Why would you say that? I would never dream of breaking any relationship."

"Well, let's just say that..." He paused and took a deep breath. "...I am saying that because..."

"There you are."

Before Antonio could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by a really familiar voice. It was Andrea and it was like she sensed he was about to say something really bad. She chuckled and placed her hand on his shoulder, leaning on to him. She then looked at Praveen with a wonderful fake smile.

"Hmm, you two have been gone for quite some time." She winked at Praveen who immediately dropped his eyes. "What are the two of you discussing because I can see someone is blushing." She teased.

"Come on!" She teased, putting her arm on his shoulder. "You shouldn't be shy around me. After all, we are all gonna be one big family right?"

Praveen raised his face and just smiled slightly. He couldn't do anything but blush. It had only been Antonio but now it was also Andrea. Praveen had no idea how to handle them both because they were both crazy and wild.

"Anyway," Andrea cleared her voice. "If you two are done knowing each other then granny would like to spend some time with her grandson in law."

Praveen smiled faintly, shaking his head. "It's fine, I will go and see her right away." He glanced at Antonio who was looking away. "Excuse me."

Praveen went away and Andrea lost whatever smile she had on her face. She frowned in disgust as she looked around. The place was really filthy. Antonio on the other hand pulled his hand furiously away from his sister and walked away.

"Ah," He groaned angrily. "Fuck, I hate this boy. This place is making me sick."

"Shh..." Andrea whispered, rushing to him. "What do you think you are doing? Do you want mom or any one else to..."

"I don't fucking care." He grunted. "Have you seen that stupid boy? He has no class and this place is just..." He couldn't say anything anymore. "...I can't stay here anymore because I will do something really bad. I can't hold myself anymore. I need to get out of here because this place is disgusting and it is irritating me. I can't stand that boy and this slum." He gawped, clenching on his fists. "I have a very big headache. I need to..."

"Breath and calm down." Andrea assured. "I tell you that I am sicker that you are." She was speaking softly so that no could hear her. "Mom has definitely lost class. This place stinks and I don't think I can stay here anymore and that boy..." She chuckled, an evil grin appearing on her face. "...Oh! He is so annoying, ugly, classless and simply out of his mind. Now I know why he wants to get into our family. He wants our wealth but we won't allow that. We will open everyone's eyes so that they can see how evil that boy is."

"I swear I will deal with him." He swore, breathing terribly. "I will deal with him that he will regret ever meeting my mother. He will beg to get out of our house. I promise this."

"I know that but we gotta get back inside before mom comes out here with her drama." She sighed. "I don't want a lecture from her."

"I think..."

"No!" She coiled his arm with hers. "We need to go back inside and please," She smiled at him brightly. "Fix that face of yours before you ruin everything."

Antonio rolled his eyes and he went straight inside with his sister. When they both entered the house, they found their granny still praising Praveen and it was irritating as hell. They both rolled their eyes and started slowly walking to the living room.

Antonio had his hands in his pocket, staring at the stupid smiling boy. Everything about him was really fake. Oh, he was gonna deal with him and it was a promise he was gonna fulfill.

"There you are." Emilia smiled when she saw her children. "What took the two of you so long?"

"Well, we were just talking about something." Andrea lied, smiling at her mother. "Sorry that we took long."

Victoria smiled and breathed in deeply. "Well, it's really fine. But dinner is ready." She said happily. "Why don't you all come and eat and we can continue the conversation at the table."

"Yeah!" Granny smiled, holding Praveen's hand sweetly. "Thank you so much."

"I can't." Antonio said simply with his hands still in his pockets.

Victoria lost the smile on her face when she heard that. She couldn't understand the reason why he said because the dinner was mostly because of him.

"What do you mean?" Emilia frowned, quickly getting up from the chair.

"I mean I can't have dinner." He shrugged. It was not like he planned on eating at such a filthy place anyway. "I have to go."

"What?" Emilia gasped, trying to get her son. "I still don't understand you. Antonio this is a special night and it's for you and Praveen. Where are you going?"

"Err..." He cleared his throat. "...something important just came up and it needs my attention." He lied. "You know since I came back I have been busy with my music and my fans have been asking for more."

"But..."

"Mom, this is really important." He glanced at his watch. "I have to go."

"But Antonio, this is for you." Emilia said in a tone that she couldn't recognize. "Can't this wait until tomorrow?"

"No, mom..." He said in a serious tone. "...it's also important and..."

"Antonio, I am sorry but can you at least eat a little." Victoria pleaded, staring at him. "I cooked all the food for you and besides, we still have a lot to talk about right?"

Antonio took a deep breath. "I am sorry but my work can't wait." He lied. "Besides," He looked at his mother. "Mom is here and I am sure she can handle this perfectly."

He looked at his mother and didn't miss the look on her face. Without saying anything else, he just turned and left the house. Praveen couldn't say anything. The guy was a busy man and he definitely understood him completely.

"Wow!" Andrea thought as an evil grin appeared on her face. "My brother is something else. I am actually proud of him for doing this. Now mom looks like she has just seen her own life flash before her face. This is gonna be fun to watch. Now let's see how everything will go without Antonio."

Emilia got out of the shock and smiled at Victoria. "Don't worry about that." She giggled, trying to control herself. "He's right. His mother is here and he has entrusted everything to me."

"Well, since you say that." Victoria smiled.

They all went to the dining table where they enjoyed Victoria's delicious food with a wonderful conversation. They were really getting to know each other well and granny seemed really nice. She loved Praveen and it was the most wonderful thing to watch.

Dinner went well and they went back to the living room to continue their discussions. Antonio's family spent about three hours at Praveen's house before they went back to their house.

Praveen's aunt asked about what he thought about Emilia's family. Praveen thought the entire family was nice including Antonio although his behavior had been quite strange, especially the questions he had been asking when they were alone.

But everything was just perfect and the way his family had treated him was really nice. They even got to discuss their marriage plans and Praveen got really worried and nervous. Sure he had met Antonio and he seemed nice and all but he wasn't sure if he was gonna make him happy. He was ready to marry him though because he had promised his mother he would get married to Emilia's son. It wasn't like he even had a choice any way.

***

"What?" Antonio snarled, yelling at his mother. "You did what?"

"What's wrong with you?" Emilia asked with a shrugged shoulder. "First you left that place with a stupid excuse and now you are surprised?"

"How could you do this mom?" He gawped. "Did you ask me before doing this?"

"Do I need permission from you?" She chuckled teasingly. "I thought you told everyone I was gonna handle everything. This is me handling everything for my son. Aren't you proud?'

"Proud?" He yelled. "Proud of what, mom? Couldn't you have asked me before setting my wedding three days from now?"

Antonio couldn't believe it. And he had thought he had left the headache back at the idiot's house not knowing that the bigger one was gonna follow him home. He just didn't know what his life was turning into anymore. It was like he had done something wrong to his mother or she wasn't suddenly his mother.

"Ask what?" She shrugged. "I thought you left everything in my hands. You knew the reason why we went to see Praveen. You two were supposed to meet and then we were to agree on the wedding. Besides, three days is good enough for everything. That boy has been waiting for a long time."

"Mom, why?" He felt really angry.

"Antonio, the date has been set and nothing is gonna change that." She said to him. "The preparations are starting tomorrow and you should be prepared as well because there are a lot of things to be done. I want everything to be perfect. You only experience this once and I want it to be memorable."

"But mom..."

"Listen to me," She smiled softly. "I know that I rushed you into this but I just want you to settle down. You know I am not getting any younger and I just want to see you settle down as a married man. Nothing will make me happy than that. Your brother is married," She smiled at her other son. "And now you are getting married. Very soon it will be Andrea and I will finally rest and just watch as all of you are happy."

Antonio moved his eyes and looked away. His anger was just building up more and more. The day it was gonna come out, he was gonna kill the brat and that was a promise. He still loved Bruce and nothing was gonna make him change his mind.

"This wedding will be really important to this family and most importantly, it will make your father really happy because that was his wish." She sighed as she remembered her late husband. "Our preparations will start tomorrow and everything should be in order." She went closer and placed her hand on his shoulder. "You met Praveen today. Isn't he beautiful, intelligent and kind? You will never find a boy like him anywhere. He will make you really happy and I want this wedding to be grand. I want everyone to know that my wonderful son is getting married and..."

"Mom, please I..."

"Can you sit with me for a second?" Granny asked softly, holding his hand. "Please!"

Antonio looked at his granny and sat without questioning her. She was one of the people that he couldn't deny anything in the house. She held his hands sweetly and rubbed on his cheeks.

"Antonio, my son..." She started. "I know that you are really upset about what your mother has done. You also know that I have always supported you in everything that you done and that's because I love you and I want to see you happy."

"Yes, granny." He sighed, rubbing on her hand.

"Good! Honestly, I had never met this boy until today and I also saw that what your mother said about him was absolutely true."

Fuck! Just when he thought she was gonna support him. It was like this boy was bewitching anyone that he met. He was like a bad omen and that made Antonio extremely angry. He was supposed to be smiling but he was really angry.

"I like Praveen and I think you two will make the perfect couple." She said in a soothing tone. "The boy I saw today will make you really happy and besides," She chuckled. "I like him and I want him as my grandson in law. Will you grant me this one request?" She pleaded.

"Granny..."

"Please!" She looked into his eyes and it seemed as if she was looking into his very soul. "I know this boy will make us all really happy."

"Speak for yourself, selfish woman." Andrea thought, angrily rolling her eyes.

"Can your grandmother lie to you?" She sighed. "Please! Just marry this boy, please."

Antonio's soul was weeping. Praveen had finally succeeded in making the people that he loved so much turn against him, people that used to go out of their way to make him happy. It was really painful. But he was looking at his grandmother and he could... oh! How could he deny her when she was looking at him like that? Besides, he didn't even have much of a choice because there was a lot that was at stake. That was why he chose to keep quiet.

"Okay." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "You can continue with your plans, granny. This is all just for you."

"Thank you so much." She grinned, giving him her million dollar smile. "I promise that you won't regret this, son."

"Yes!" Emilia agreed. "Everything shall be as planned and...'

"Only on one condition." He announced, quickly getting up from the couch. "I want you to organize a small wedding, even a traditional wedding."

"What?" Emilia frowned, wondering what the hell was wrong with her son. "A small wedding? Why? Antonio, you are the son of Harvey Gonzalez. Your wedding should be grand and..."

"You have made decisions for me up to now." He said with no hint of smile on his face. "This is my wedding and if you want it to happen in three days then you will grant me this."

"But..." She paused and moved to her mother in law. "...say something, mother. Make him understand that the wedding should be grand and not just a small traditional wedding."

"Mom..." He didn't need to finish the sentence to let her know what he wanted to say. His voice was clear enough.

"But..."

"Let him be." Granny rubbed on her arm. "It's his wedding and if he wants a small wedding then he will have a small wedding. Besides, I think we might still invite important guests to witness the wedding. It's his decision."

Emilia nodded and smiled softly. "Okay. I will call the wedding planners to come here tomorrow."

Emilia smiled and left the living room.

Antonio couldn't even say a single word. He just left the living room for this room where he vented out his anger. He was really mad and he knew from that moment that he was probably gonna be angry until he got his revenge.

***

"I am really sorry." Antonio rubbed on his face, taking in a deep breath. "It's just that I haven't been myself lately, baby."

"Why?" Bruce sounded worried on the phone. "Are you sick or something? You are making me worried, my love? What's wrong?"

"I... I... just forget about it." He sighed, feeling tears building up in his eyes. "You know how much I love you, baby. I love you so much and you are the only one I would like to spend the rest of my life with. I can't see myself with anybody else."

"I know that, baby." Bruce chuckled seductively on the other end. "Don't miss me too much, okay. I will be there in a few days and we can make love anywhere you want. Even under the moonlight."

"Yes!" He chuckled happily. "I love you so much and I can't wait for that moment."

"I love you too."

Antonio kissed the phone and threw it on the bed as his anger returned again. It was already morning and his mood was not any better. He was still mad and he was still thinking about a lot of things. But he had to endure that for a few days. He was gonna drive the boy right out of his life and house.

Antonio was seated on the bed in a black short with a pure white vest. His muscular chest was pressed on it which made him really sexy and seductive. His hairy legs were exposed and though he was angry, he was looking so damn sexy.

As he was seated on the bed lost deep in his thoughts, he heard the door open and close and then footsteps coming towards his bed. He took a deep breath, ready to shout at whoever had come inside. He just wanted to be left alone. But when he raised his face, he got the surprise of his life.

"Miss me?"

It was his friend, Ethan Dantes, his best friend since... only God knows when. Antonio and Ethan had been friends for a really long time. They had attended their high school together and their university as well. Both of them had been staying abroad but Ethan had come back earlier. The only thing that they had differently while in the university were their programs.

Ethan was a tall cute guy with chocolate brown hair that was cut short and well maintained. He was really handsome with well shaven beards, a sexy physique and a beautiful personality. He had amber eyes that were really sexy and seductive. But unlike Antonio who was gay, Ethan was bisexual although he was more into men.

He was wearing a beautiful yellow shirt with his gorgeous hairless chest exposed on which was pressed a shiny golden chain. The shirt was tucked in a black designer's shirt and black shoes on his feet.

Somehow, seeing Ethan brought back life into Antonio. He actually smiled, forgot about his troubles for a second and got up from the bed. He was really happy seeing his best friend again. He had been so upset that he hadn't been able to see him when he came back. This was his mother's entire fault. He knew his friend would have come to see him but it had been a surprise.

"Ethan!" He opened his arms and they hugged, chuckling happily. "How did you know I was here?"

"Well, since you decided to forget about our friendship, I came to see you instead." He said, withdrawing from the hug.

"I am so sorry, bro." He apologized, holding his hands tightly. "I was about to surprise you and..."

"I must say that I am surprised." He giggled. "I wonder what kind of friend you are. You were about to get married without informing me. This is supposed to be a happy occasion and my best was about to hide it from me. How could you?"

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 56 milliseconds