Falling Hard Ch. 03

If Security was watching her, she was in a lot of trouble. But for just one moment, she wasn't afraid.

He cleared his throat.

"I'm taking you. NOW."

He stalked toward her, a determined set to his face.

His words and action jolted Virta back to the reality of her situation. She shrank back in fear.

"No, no no!" she whispered.

He stopped abruptly then, just staring at her. Then he threw his hands up in the air, shaking his head. He looked as though on the verge of madness.

She dared another look directly into those dark eyes and was surprised to find sadness and frustration there. It was as though he had the weight of the world on his shoulders, and her fear and mistrust of him just added more to the load.

She looked past him in the direction of Mick's house. It was just a few hundred feet away. Her best friend and his friends were waiting for her there. She knew they would be laughing and playing, unaware of the strange encounter with this agent of Hell she was having at that very moment.

She took a deep breath. "I've read a lot about you," she began. "I know you're all about evil. I know how you have a penchant for killing."

He sighed loudly. "There's a lot about me you don't know. Besides, if I wanted you dead, don't you think you would BE dead by now?"

She didn't say anything.

"Demons Dot Com." His tone was scornful. "It's run by a division of the Office, you know. Full of lies about me."

"You're a demon. You're the one who lies."

"Ouch," he said, imitating a hurt tone of voice.

He began to walk toward her again, slower this time.

"What was it we said back in the good old days?" He paused, standing to his full height, and raised one hand toward her, palm out. "Oh yeah...'Fear Not'."

He dropped his hand and checked her reaction, a smile playing at his lips.

Amazingly enough, she did feel a portion of her fear and anxiety evaporate at his words. She visibly relaxed.

"I'll be damned," he said. "I've still got the touch."

He glanced at his watch. "Come with me and I'll answer any questions you have. I have 65 million years of knowledge, and I'll share it with you."

He checked her response and continued.

"But, the window of opportunity for you to walk out of Heaven with me is narrowing. I don't come here personally to escort just anyone, so take advantage of it."

She just stood there, looking at him.

"Virta, we've got to go NOW. I can't wait any longer. You can come with me now, and be safe and free. Or, you can stay at the Office and deal with Them."

"Them?"

"You called me here. I'm here. You think they don't know it? I'm sure agents are on their way right this second. I'm leaving with or without you. I would prefer with you. Damn, I'd REALLY prefer to be with you. But, I'm not gonna force you against your will."

He crossed his arms, his black eyes boring into her soft green ones.

"It's your call, Virta."

Thank you Everyone for the votes & comments. I appreciate the feedback. I've been a reader for some time, but this is my first stab at writing on Lit. I have worked up a basic outline for where this story is going, and I hope you continue to enjoy it.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds