For The Love of a Child

"I hope you don't mind me asking," she uncomfortably replied, "But how old are you, Mark?"

"I'm twenty-five," I laughed, "I'll be twenty-six next month. How old are you?"

"Thank goodness," she replied, clearly relieved, then smiled and said; "I turn twenty-one a week from tomorrow."

"Wait a minute," I pointedly asked, "Why did you say "Thank Goodness" when I told you how old I was?"

"Oh, that," she giggled, "I won't date a guy who is more than five years older than me, why...were you worried?"

"I am now, " I laughed.

"Don't you ever worry, sweetie," she purred, hugging me, "I would've broken my rule for you, regardless."

~~~~~~

I found out later that night that Mike throws a party like this every spring for all hospital personnel, and this party was no exception. By the time eleven o'clock came, the party was in full swing.

~~~~~~

"So, what do you think of Teela, Mark?" Mike asked me, after managing to find us a quiet spot to talk.

"I think she's one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen," I smiled, "And she's even more beautiful inside than she is outside."

"I'm glad you like her," Mike smiled, "Her father and I served together in Vietnam, and I've known that kid all her life so; that's all I think I need to say."

I understood his unspoken words immediately, and in doing so, I simply said, "Yes, sir."

"My wife thinks you're the hottest thing she's ever seen," Mike laughed, "Aside from me, that is."

"Whatever you say, Mike," I laughed, "Whatever you say..."

~~~~~~

Mike and Laurie were at the door as we were leaving that night, and as Laurie and Teela hugged, Mike looked at me and said, "Be here at ten o'clock tomorrow morning. You're gonna love it, I promise."

Before I could respond, Teela took my hand and said, "We'll be here ready to go, boss."

"I guess I've received my instructions, then," I laughed, shrugging my shoulders.

~~~~~~

That night as we stood on Teela's front porch, she looked dreamily into my eyes, and laying her head on my shoulder as we hugged, softly said, "I haven't had this much fun in a long time, Mark, thank you."

"You're more than welcome," I smiled, "I had fun, too."

After softly but tenderly kissing my lips, she leaned away from me and said, "Be here at nine in the morning to pick me up, you good looking thing."

~~~~~~

"How was your date tonight, son?" Dad asked, from the darkness as I came into the house that night, "Did you have a good time?"

"Jeez, Dad," I chuckled, "You scared the shit outta me. What're you doing awake at this hour anyway?"

"Watching you squirm," he laughed, "Remember when I used to catch you sneaking out when you were a teenager?"

"Yeah, I remember," I smiled, "And you never spanked me for it, not even once."

"Are you kidding me," he grinned, "That would've woke your Mom up, and then she would've had both of our asses for breakfast."

"You've got a point there," I laughed.

"No, I wanted to talk to you, if that's alright," Dad smiled, "I haven't really had the chance to spend any time with you since you got home."

"Why don't I pour us both a brandy," I smiled, "It'll help us sleep better."

~~~~~~

"You used to write us every week when you were stationed out in California," Dad said, "But when you went overseas the letters all but stopped. Is there something you want to talk about, Mark?"

"Do you remember what you said to me when I wanted to know about what you did in Vietnam?" I asked.

"Yeah," he sadly replied, looking down at the floor, "And if I had to do it all over again, I still wouldn't have told you. But things are different now, son, and I just want you to know that I'm here if you ever need to talk, okay?"

"I know, Dad," I smiled, patting him on his knee, "And when that time comes, you'll be the first person I talk to, good enough?"

"Good enough," he grinned, rising from his seat, "I'm going back to bed, goodnight, kiddo."

"Night, Dad..."

~~~~~~

"Mmm, good morning, handsome," Teela purred, as she greeted me at the front door with her arms around my neck, "Come on in, you're going to have breakfast with us this morning."

~~~~~~

You must be Mark," smiled retired Colonel Peter Miller, Unites States Marine Corps, "This is my wife, Sharon and my name is Pete. Please. Come in and join us, son."

"Thank you, Colonel," I respectfully replied, also nodding my regards to Mrs. Miller, who was an older, more beautiful, almost exact version of her daughter, as I took a seat, "It's nice to meet you both, and thank for inviting me for breakfast, ma'am."

What do you mean, Ma'am?" Pete teased, "This my house ya know."

"I mean no disrespect, sir, " I laughed, nodding at Teela's mother, "But I've got a hundred dollars that says this is her kitchen."

Pete began to laugh uproariously, and after regaining his composure, he grinned at Teela and said, "You did good, baby girl. I like him."

"Thank you, Daddy," she cooed; winking at me while she hugged her father, "I like him, too."

"So, tell me, Mark," Pete asked, while we ate, "How did you like serving with the Marine Corps?"

"I liked it fine," I smiled, "It sure beat the hell outta emptying bedpans."

"I knew I was going to like you the minute Mike told me about you," he said, "Now I like you even more...for a squid, that is."

"I hate to tell you this, Colonel," I grinned, after swallowing what was in my mouth, "But all squids do is swim around the ocean and shit on the Marine life."

"Finally, someone with a decent sense of humor," Pete bellowed/laughed, "I absolutely love it."

Breakfast with the Miller family that morning was one of my life's experiences that I will hold in a special place within my heart for the rest of my life.

~~~~~~

"I really like your parents," I smiled, holding Teela's hand as we drove to Mike and Laurie's house, "You and your Mom look a lot alike."

"I know," she smiled, scooting over to sit closer to me, "And she told me that she thought that you were perfect for me, especially after I told her what a sweet gentleman you've been ever since we met."

"Hmm," I impishly grinned, slowly raising my hand up her thigh to just below the juncture of her crotch, "Are you really sure...about the gentleman part, I mean?"

"Oh, I see," she smirked, feigning innocence, but still having an anticipatory tone of voice, not to mention a very excited look in her eyes, "Go on, prove me wrong then."

"Nah," I laughed, removing my hand from her thigh, "We don't have the time right now."

"You are such a shit," she playfully giggled, "But you're a cute one."

~~~~~~

"Hey, kid," Mike smiled, as Teela and I pulled into his driveway, "I'm glad you could make it."

'Thanks for inviting us," I grinned, shaking his hand as I got out of my car, "Where are we going anyway?"

"If I tell you now, it'll spoil the surprise," he excitedly smiled, "But I will say this. You're about to experience one of the most exciting things you'll ever do with your clothes on."

"Michael," Laurie scolded, "You're gonna scare him half to death."

"I'm not afraid of anything," I teasingly said, "Well, not too afraid, that is."

"Let's me and you ride in your car," Mike grinned, as he made his way to the passenger door of my car, "Laurie will drive my car and she and Teela can do some hen-pecking along the way."

"You'd better watch whom you're calling a hen, Mister," Laurie playfully scolded him.

"Yeah," Teela adoringly giggled, "That's right...Mister."

Mike laughed, then looked at me and said, "Let's ride."

~~~~~~

"WE'RE GONNA DO WHAT?" I incredulously asked, as we drove to the airport.

"You heard me," Mike laughed, "Relax, kid, your first three jumps are gonna be what we call "Tandem Jumps"; meaning you'll be attached to me when we make the jumps."

"That doesn't make very good sense to me, Mike," I replied, scratching my head.

"What?" he asked, "You're not making your first jump any other way, kid, I'm sorry, but those are the rules."

"Oh, no, that's fine," I reassured him, "It's the part about jumping out of a perfectly good airplane that bothers me."

"Yeah, I know," Mike chuckled, "It's crazy, isn't it?"

~~~~~~

"Are you ready, baby?" Teela excitedly asked, after I was suited up as well as right before we boarded the aircraft.

"I guess so," I replied, "Well, as ready as I'll ever be, anyway."

"Relax kid. It's kind of like having sex for the first time," Mike laughed, "Once you learn how, you never forget."

"Michael," Laurie scolded, her face turning beet red, "You shouldn't talk like that in front of these kids."

"Kids, my ass," he grinned, pushing me into the aircraft, "Let's go, Mark."

~~~~~~

'Okay, kid," Mike shouted, as the aircraft door opened once the it had reached an altitude of ten-thousand feet, "Once we're out the door and in the wind, I want you to let the air tell your body how to move, got it?"

"I've got it," I shouted back, "Let's gooooooo..."

Mike and I were out of the aircraft and falling to earth before I could even finish answering him. However, I was surprised at how I lost the feeling of falling almost immediately, well, as soon as we lost sight of the aircraft, that is. Still though, it was amazingly calm and quiet, other than the noise created by the wind as it whipped on and around our clothing.

"Can you feel it, Mark?" Mike asked smiling, "Can you feel the wind?"

"Oh yeah," I grinned, "This is fucking amazing."

We rode the wind for another few minutes until the altimeter on Mike's wrist indicated that it was nearing time to pull the ripcord. Then, with the pulling of the cord came a gentle tug on the harness, and in no time, the canopy emitted a muffled 'pop' as it billowed open above us.

~~~~~~

"How did you like your first tandem jump, Mark?" Mike asked, once we were on the ground, while we were repacking the chute, "I hope it didn't scare you."

"Are you kidding me?" I excitedly grinned, "How soon can we do it again?"

"As soon as you finish helping me pack this chute," he chuckled, "If you think you can handle it

By this time, Laurie and Teela had driven over to the parachute hangar to meet us, and before I could reply, Teela came squealing towards me with a wild look in her eyes and her arms open wide. "Oh, Mark," she panted, hugging me tightly, "That was so exciting watching you jump."

"I'm glad you liked it," I grinned, winking at Mike, "We're going back up just as soon as we finish packing this chute."

"Really?" Teela said, "Is it alright if me and Laurie ride in the plane with you guys?"

"I don't see why not," Mike chuckled, winking at Laurie, "After all, it is my plane."

"How cool is that," I chuckled, "Can you fly it, too."

"No, sweetie," Laurie smiled, placing her arm around my shoulders while touching the plane with the other, "That's why he's married to me. I'm the one who flies this old tub around most of the time."

"Would you fly us to the drop zone?" I asked, "That way I can blow a kiss to Teela on the way out the door."

"I'd love to, Mark," she giggled, climbing aboard the aircraft and making her way to the cockpit, "Come on, Teela, come help me fly this thing."

After a quick kiss on my lips, she squealed as Mike helped her aboard and showed her the way to the cockpit to sit in the co-pilot seat, right next to Laurie.

~~~~~~

The second jump was so much easier than the first, and the moment we had repacked the chute, we were up again for the third and final tandem jump.

~~~~~~

A friend of Mike's, a man named Victor Tabor, owned and operated the Flying V Air Acrobatics Training Center. He stood as tall as Mike and was roughly the same build, only he had dark hair and eyes like me.

"You looked good up there this morning, Mark," he replied smiling, "How about if we all go to lunch and then come back so that you can make your first freefall?"

"Sounds good to me," I grinned, "Does that mean that I get my license, too?"

"Damn, he's got heart," Victor laughed at Mike, "We'll have to see, kid, give me a little more time to think about it."

~~~~~

Congratulations, kid," Victor replied, as he handed me my certification card after my second free fall of the day, "Don't be a stranger from now on."

"You got it, Victor," I smiled, "And thanks again, for everything."

~~~~~~

"That was a lot of fun," I smiled, once we got back to Mike and Laurie's house, "I can't thank you enough."

"Then don't," he laughed, "If I were you, I'd be figuring out a way to make that pretty girl friend of yours want to hang around a lot longer, if you know what I mean."

"No, I don't know," I uneasily replied, "What do you mean?"

"You hush, Mike" Teela giggled, "Don't pay any attention to him, Mark, he's just trying to yank your chain."

"I don't know about that," Mike teased, "Get her to tell you about Timmy Houseman."

"Jesus Christ, am I ever going to live that one down?" she grumbled, then turned to me, "Timmy Houseman is an ex-boyfriend of mine who not only thinks everything is a conspiracy, but also that everyone in the Untied States is an anti-Semitist, and that's why I sent his ass packing, the paranoid little prick. It was so strange, too, his family were all such wonderful people."

"Oh," I smiled, "Okay."

"So, what do you think, Mark," Mike chuckled, "Do you think that everything's a conspiracy?"

"I have no idea," I replied grinning, "But as long as it doesn't affect my paycheck, then I don't really give a damn."

"Mmm," Teela purred, wrapping her arms around my waist, "Right answer, baby." Then turning towards Mike with a smile on her face, she added, "See, I told you was smart, didn't I?"

"Yes, you did, Teela girl," Mike grinned, patting me on the shoulder, "You sure did."

~~~~~~

"What're you doing tomorrow night?" I asked Teela, as we were standing at her front door that evening.

"I don't have anything planned," she sweetly replied, "Why?"

"I wanted you to meet my parents, I mean, I've met yours and I think it's only right that you meet mine," I smiled, "Would you like that?"

"Oh, Mark," she tenderly replied, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck, " I would love to meet your Mom and Dad."

~~~~~~

"Mom, Dad, allow me to introduce Miss Teela Miller," I smiled as I made the introductions that night, "Teela, these are my parents, Mister and Missus Tom and Sheila Howard."

"It's nice to meet you two," Teela smiled, "I've really been looking forward to this."

"Holy shit, Mark. She's fucking gorgeous," my Dad said in astonishment, "What the hell is she doing with your ass?"

"Thomas Lee Howard," Mom scolded, eliciting a giggle from Teela and laughter from me, "Watch your mouth, please." The she turned to Teela and sweetly told her, "My husband was right though, and I must say that my son has good taste."

"Of course I do, Mom," I proudly announced, "I get it from Dad."

I felt Teela lightly squeeze my hand when my Mom smiled and said, "That's right, baby, your father has good taste, too."

"So, where are you from, Teela, dear?" Mom asked, as she led us into the living room and sat us down, with her taking a seat next my Teela.

"I was born and raised in Santa Monica, California," she began, "But my Dad got a job here a year ago, and then we moved here a little over six months ago."

"You sure are a pretty thing, sweetie," Mom smiled.

"Thank you, Missus Howard," Teela shyly grinned, "That was sweet of you to say so."

"Oh, but it's the truth, baby girl," Mom sweetly replied, "And my name is Sheila and my husband's name is Tom. You're a grown woman now so, I want you to call us by our names, alright sweetie?"

"Alright," Teela smiled, taking Mom's hand, "Thank you, Sheila."

"Aw, You're very welcome, pretty girl," Mom grinned.

"Did Mark tell you that he got his skydiver's license yesterday?" Teela innocently asked.

"No, he didn't," Dad replied, glaring at me, "Would you care to elaborate, son?"

"Uh...yeah," I said, "Doctor Gaines took me yesterday morning."

"You told us that you were going to spend the day with Teela," Mom replied.

"She was there, too," I said, "Jeez, you two, what is this, the Spanish Inquisition?"

"No, I'm sorry, son," Dad chuckled, "I just think you're crazy to want do something like that, that's all."

"I don't, Dad," I smiled, winking at Teela, "Don't knock it till you've tried it."

"No thanks," Dad chuckled.

"I think it would be wonderful," Mom sighed, "To be up there like that."

"Uh-huh," Dad laughed, "And now I can see where our son gets his craziness from."

"I'll take you any time you want to go, Mom," I smiled, "You're gonna love it, I swear."

~~~~~~

Chapter Three

My mother insisted that we stay for dinner, and while she and Teela went into the kitchen for "some girl-talk", as Mom called it, Dad and I went out into the backyard to talk.

"Tell me about this girl, Mark," Dad grinned, "She's beautiful, boy. Where did you find her?"

"She works for Doctor Gaines," I proudly smiled, "And she isn't just beautiful...She's fucking gorgeous!"

"Yeah, she is," Dad laughed, "And she strikes me as being a really sweet girl, too."

"And that's the thing I don't understand, Dad," I told him, "She can have any guy she wants, and she seems to like me...a lot, too."

"Do you remember what I told you about looking a gift horse in the mouth?" Dad smiled.

"Of course," I chuckled, "But this is different."

"No, it's no different, son," he reassured me, "Look, Mark, is it so hard to believe that a beautiful young woman is, from what your mother and I can tell, absolutely crazy about you?"

"No," I replied, "Oh hell, I don't know."

"You like her," Dad grinned, "Don't you?"

"Are you kidding me?" I broadly smiled, "I think she's a dream come true."

"Maybe she is God's way of healing you from all the shit you saw overseas, son," Dad gently replied, "Did you ever think about that?"

"No, sir, "I smiled, hugging him, "Thanks, Dad. I don't know what I would've done without you growing. You're the best."

"You're welcome, kiddo," he chuckled, "You were a pretty good kid...most of the time."

"Make no mistake, Dad," I knowingly replied, "The shit I saw was nothing in comparison to what you saw in Vietnam, and that's another reason that I made my way through it."

"You're a wise young man, Mark," Dad smiled, a lone tear running down his right cheek, "I'm very proud of you; and your mother and I love you very much."

"I know, Dad," I grinned, "And I love you both very much."

~~~~~~

While Dad and I were outside talking, Mom and Teela had been in the kitchen talking and getting to know one another better.

"So, tell me, sweetie," Mom excitedly asked Teela, "How did you two meet?"

"I work for the Chief of Surgery at the hospital," she eagerly began, smiling, "Although he hadn't seen me, "I'd seen him working whenever I went down to the O.R. to pick up the reports from Doctor Schwartz's, office Mark's boss."

"Is Mark good at what he does," Mom asked, concerned, "I mean, I know he's smart and..."

"Relax, Sheila, sweetie," Teela tenderly smiled, "You should hear what Doctor Schwartz and Doctor Gaines say about him. They think he would make a very gifted surgeon you know."

"No," Mom proudly smiled, "I didn't know that. But now that I do, I'm gonna..."

"Oh, no," Teela quietly interrupted, "You can't ever tell Mark that you know. Hell, I'm not even supposed to know; and I wouldn't have either if I hadn't accidentally walked in on their conversation when I brought the coffee that Doctor Gaines had asked for."

"In that case," Mom conspiratorially grinned, "I'll keep your secret, sweet girl."

"After meeting you and Tom I can see why Mark is the way he is, Sheila."

"Ooo," Mom girlishly giggled, "Sounds romantic, spill it, and I want all the details."

"It's not like that...yet," Teela also giggled, "But he's such a sweet guy. He always opens my car door for me, pulls out my chair when we go out to eat, you know, the little things that most guys don't even think about."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 12 milliseconds