Guilty Until Proven Innocent

"Should I invite Karly back into the room?"

"I won't stay married to a woman who uses her cunt as a weapon of revenge."

"Mark, it's obvious you're not going to cooperate. Let's call it a night and try again next week."

Karly tried to stop me from leaving but I brushed her hand away and left. Was I childish? You bet. Would I ever consider taking her back? Not a chance. I'm twenty seven and hope to be married for fifty years. She exposed how vindictive she could be with just someone's accusation. Round two went about as well as round one.

"Mark, would you like to start?"

"Doc, what do I have to do to satisfy the court order?"

"You have to attend these sessions. It would help both of you if you tried to understand each other's feelings."

"But I don't have to try do I?"

"Mark you should try."

"Okay, Karly I won't stay married to a woman who uses her cunt as a weapon of revenge. You two can talk about whatever you want until I can leave."

"You are acting very childish Mark."

"Insults don't help us resolve this doc. I know you're angry. Do you still love your job?"

"Karly, why don't you tell Mark your feelings."

I stared at the counselor and hummed a song I had heard on my way over. I couldn't quite drown out Karly's attempt to cleanse her soul, but I did a pretty good job of it. I waited until the counselor's lips moved. If I read her lips right it started with 'Mark ...'

"Sorry doc, what did you say?"

"I said what do you feel about what Karly has said?"

"I won't stay married to a woman who uses her cunt as a weapon of revenge."

I heard the sobs and watched the counselor putting her notes away.

My attorney called the next day and said we needed to appear before the judge.

"Your honor, my client has attended the sessions as ordered. He has no desire to stay married. There is nothing the counselor can say or do to change that. There is nothing his wife can say or do to change that. The counselor has indicated he's not being cooperative yet this court, and the counselor, refuse to listen to what my client is saying. Pouring water on the ashes, where the bridge used to be, won't rebuild the bridge. Please grant the petition. Thank you."

That's why I paid him the big bucks. Petition granted.

I must be some kind of lightning rod for a certain kind of women. Karly was turning out to be as crazy as LeeAnn. She would wait for me after work. She would 'run into me' at the grocery store. I would never give her the satisfaction of explaining her actions. Her text messages invited me out on dates. No matter what I said or did she persisted. I finally found something to slow her down. I responded to her offer to go out on a date.

'Karly, my new wife would appreciate you not communicating with me anymore. Have a great life. Mark.'

That seemed to do the trick for a week.

'You're not married!'

'I didn't say I was, but when I do find my new wife that's what she will say. Please move on. I have.'

Well that hasn't stopped her. I have no doubt she will complicate my attempts to find another woman.

I'm trying to date again. It might be hard for some to imagine me with a lover. With that said, the dating scene isn't something I excel at. I love who I thought Karly was. So far nobody is living up to that. I'm in no hurry.

A divorcee, from accounting, looked me up. I cleared it with Dennis before I asked her out. After a few dates she indicated she just wanted a FWB relationship. The morning after I spent the night with her, for the first time, Karly sent a text.

'Do you love her?'

'None of your business.'

'I still love you. I'm sorry.'

'Too little, too late.'

In the back of my mind, I can see you all watching my demise play out on Dateline.

LeeAnn returned to work and was placed under the supervision of another manager. I do my best to avoid her. She has never said or done anything odd again. The police didn't want or need me to cooperate to convict Terry. The security cameras provided everything they needed. I did appear at his sentencing to ask the court for lenience. He was given a suspended sentence, but he still has a felony conviction.

Having a FWB works for now, but I want a soulmate. Preferably one that understands that the intercourse required to resolve a conflict has no sexual connotation.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 52 milliseconds