Hero Worship Pt. 08

We also talked a lot about the semantics of me moving in and taking over the bulk of the financial responsibilities while Taylor finished school. I'd expected her to be really touchy on that subject, but, even though I could tell it was taking effort, she remained pragmatic about the whole thing.

What she didn't know was I knew exactly how much she made being a lifeguard, or at least I did before she'd cut back to part time. Thanks to Macie I now knew all city employees' salaries are public record, and all I had to do was go online and look it up, which I'd done without telling her when she was contemplating working fewer hours. Eventually I confessed that to her, along with the reality that the smallest starting salary I could expect was more than double what she had been making.

That was buoyed by the fact that somewhere in Nevada I got a call from Michelle from Urban Chic, asking me to come back for another interview. And the way she was talking I had a good idea that this one was going to end in a formal job offer.

"I'm going to need a few things before I move in, you know."

"You realize, baby, that even with your lofty new salary, you're still going to be making about two percent of what your mom and dad do, right?"

"All the more reason to get it now before I have to give back daddy's credit card." I gave her my best 'cat that ate the canary' grin, which made her laugh, and exactly one week later we were together at IKEA looking for a dresser and a writing desk. I figured I'd go ahead and ease into this whole economy thing.

I will say this, if you want to test the strength of your relationship, spend a day or two assembling IKEA furniture together. Then you'll know. I also found out that Taylor, despite the myriad ways she was brilliant, had minimal spatial relations skills, at least in the art of putting furniture together. I guess it came from always having carte blanche when she assembled her sculptures, but apparently they are two very different skill sets.

"No, sweetheart, that's on the wrong side. See, it has to go this way, like the picture."

"I hate these things. Why do they have to be so difficult?"

"I'm sorry, My Lady." I cuddled up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. "But thank you for helping me, even if you stink at it."

"You're cruising for it, baby."

I gave her a pouty face, which just made her laugh and kiss me.

"C'mon, let's finish."

I nodded and we went back to it. I had to correct her several more times, but eventually we got everything together and in place. As soon as it was finished Taylor pulled me to her and ran a hand through my hair.

"You're going to pay for putting me through that, baby." The breathy tone of her voice sent shivers down my spine.

"I'm sorry, My Lady. I'll do anything to make it up to you."

"Yes you will. Clothes off, now."

Ten minutes later I was on my knees tied to the bed, wrists fixed to the headboard, bent forward and thighs spread so my sex and ass were totally exposed. Taylor ran her hands over my body, telling me how beautiful I was, how much she was going to enjoy me. I moaned into my gag as Taylor began playing with my hair. She wove a rope into it, and she gave it a little tug, making me gasp.

With every touch I slipped deeper into that perfect place where I belonged totally to her, and by the time the first strike from the flogger landed I was in ecstasy, glorying in the beautifully perfect sting.

She landed blow after soft blow, moving from my thighs to my butt to my pussy, and my lower half was humming when she stopped. She moved her hands over my skin, soothing it, as the evidence of my arousal ran down my leg. She hadn't released me to come, and I needed it so badly, but even without the gag I wouldn't have asked. My pleasure was My Lady's to give, and I knew she would at the perfect time.

Taylor caressed my small clit directly for a moment, inflaming it more before she attached the clamp. Two more went on my breasts. Then she was kneeling behind me, pulling my head up with the rope for a moment before the Captain filled me from behind.

It was perfect, a balance of pleasure and pain, which in that state for me was just another kind of bliss. My eyes rolled up in my head as my body began to shake, Taylor moving in and out with deliberate strokes.

"Come for me baby."

I was just at my breaking point when the command came, and I let go of my control, sinking as deeply as I could into that place. My body exploded in pleasure, and I couldn't tell when one orgasm started and the other stopped.

Over the next two months I could feel a difference when Taylor dominated me. She was more confident, more demanding, more sure of herself, and that let me go deeper than I ever had before. She was less afraid to use me, but at the same time she was always taking care of me with a loving, practiced hand that made me feel so safe. And after we finished she was right there, gently bringing me up through my recovery. It was heaven.

I spent more and more time in what I really felt was our apartment, and I watched Taylor blossom into the perfect Dom outside the bedroom as well. When we went out, she always picked the activity, and I didn't even look at menus anymore when we went to restaurants she'd chosen. Some of you may think that's weird, but it was so wonderful. And all I had to do was suggest something I wanted to try or somewhere I wanted to go, and that very often became our outing a few days later. But it was always her decision.

She also started laying out outfits for me to wear from time to time. She didn't pick my regular, daytime clothes, but when we went out, and a lot of the times when we stayed in, she often would lay something on the bed for me. I especially loved it when she would tell me my evening attire was on the bed, and there would be nothing there at all.

And her increased confidence had another definite positive effect in the bedroom as well. We experimented with a lot of things, and we always had frank, equal discussions about them afterwards. I still had to work to get Taylor to admit to what she enjoyed most at times. She was always trying to increase my pleasure first.

If subspace were the ocean, before, whenever I'd been near Taylor I could sense it, but now being with her every day was like walking ankle deep along the shore, a constant reality that I belonged to her. So when we made love, it became easier and easier to find it, and I was sinking deeper and deeper each time.

We doubled with Sadie and Noah a few times, which always went well, and we were out together when they told us that Sadie had decided not to move back to Texas.

"But we're not staying here, either. We decided to go somewhere far away from both our families, and start a life just the two of us."

I smiled and shook my head. "Where?"

They looked at each other for a moment before responding. "Minnesota."

I almost spit out soda through my nose. "Seriously? Isn't it really cold there?"

"U of M is a top ten school in Psychology, and they have a really happening foodie scene, and yeah, it's cold a lot, but that'll leave plenty of time for snuggling together."

I smiled and shook my head at their lunacy, but it was happening everywhere. All the seniors were getting ready to go out into the world. I hadn't been wrong, my meeting with Michelle was also with Mr. Urbanczyk, and I had a job offer I immediately accepted. Unfortunately it was contingent on me finishing my degree, and I had too much pride to ease off at the end.

I worked for days at our apartment on my project, and as March ended Taylor was needing to spend longer and longer hours at the warehouse preparing for her show. She refused to let me come out and see what she was working on, though, saying it was a surprise.

Eventually the moment arrived. The opening gala was on a Friday night. Taylor had worked herself to the bone the week prior, and unfortunately I hadn't been able to give her all the support I would have wanted to since my own project was due just a week later. She was a nervous wreck that Friday morning, though, and I made sure to take her into the shower and relax her fully.

She was in a much better state afterwards as she dressed.

"So, it starts at seven. Are you going to bring your parents?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm headed over there this afternoon, and I'll meet you at the gala."

Taylor nodded, fidgeting a little.

I took her hands in mine. "Sweetheart, it's going to be fine. They're going to love you. Promise." Taylor had said there would be numerous art critics there. Apparently no one missed a Beville Gallery opening if they could help it.

Taylor would be spending the day getting the last of her pieces in place and making sure the lighting was what she wanted and stuff like that. I spent the day working on a paper for one of my courses, but concentrating proved to be next to impossible. I headed over to my parents house around two and took a bath in mom's soaker tub while Taffey played with the bubbles. She was technically my cat, but she was thirteen and I wasn't going to move her out of her home at that age. I wonder if Taylor would let me get a kitten. Probably, if I asked very nicely. I loved asking Taylor nicely for things.

For the gala I pulled out a little black dress, nothing too flashy. I wanted to be pretty, but not to pull any attention away from Taylor. It was her night. When I came downstairs mom was already there looking beautiful in dark blue and pearls, and my dad was cutting a nice figure in one of his better suits. Kelsey was on her phone at the table, wearing a cute lavender dress.

"Everybody ready?"

My mom was wearing a little bit of a misty expression, which confused me. "You look beautiful, honey."

"Yeah, sweetheart, you do. All grown up." My dad was looking odd, too. He put his hands on my shoulders. "I'm so proud of you, my baby girl."

"Thanks, daddy." I smiled at them strangely. "You guys okay?"

They nodded and we headed out, with only Kelsey not acting strangely. Other than the fact she was here at all, that is. I'd figured she would beg off somehow, but she seemed almost eager to go. I guess they were all acting weird.

We made it to the gallery at five after seven, and the place was already busy. Adeline was outside taking invitations, stunning in a red dress with her long, blonde hair and perfect makeup done in movie-star style. I handed her the card Taylor had given me and she waved us all through.

My few other visits here had all been during the day, and the place, while still fancy, had never been fully decked out like it was now. The lighting was exquisite, and each of Taylor's pieces in the initial entryway just seemed to glow. I saw a copy of Pacifica on prominent display, and it was maybe fifty percent larger than the one at the fair had been. There were several people standing around it, and I heard an admiring murmur from them.

A female server in a black bowtie and smart white button down shirt approached up with a tray of hors d'oeuvres, and I took one, remembering that I'd forgotten to eat dinner. I wonder if Taylor had eaten anything all day. Where was she, anyway?"

My mom took me by the arm. "This is quite something, sweetie."

"Yeah. And if it goes well she could get shows like this all over the city."

I grabbed a glass of champagne from another passing tray before we moved into the next room. I managied to take a sip before gasping at the centerpiece. There in perfect soft light was my face, only somehow far more beautiful and ephemeral than the real one. It was set off the ground, hung by wires, floating freely an unseen breeze. The chin was turned up slightly, eyes closed and lips slightly parted. I, it, whatever, was wearing a long hood that rippled behind, and it looked like the metal could simply take to the sky at any time.

"It is quite a likeness."

Suddenly Mr. Beville was standing beside me, looking at the piece.

"Oh my god, Aly. That's you!" Kelsey said it with the typical lack of tact ubiquitous in teenagers. But she wasn't wrong. And my parents were dumbfounded. I just stared open mouthed at it, remembering the sketch I'd seen in Taylor's notebook so many months ago.

Mr. Beville was wearing a knowing smile. "It is a magnificent piece. This is the kind of work I knew she could do. Thanks to you, I think."

I shook my head, a tear forming in my eye. I wiped it away and introduced my family to Mr. Beville, who greeted them warmly. "Your daughter has had quite an influence on our Miss Knox, sir."

My dad nodded. "They seem happy. But I always thought it took pain to create great art."

Mr. Beville chuckled. "No, sir. It takes passion. Excuse me." He moved away, and my parents looked at me as my cheeks went scarlet. Luckily just then I heard my name from across the room, and Jen and Vicky entered waving.

Vicky ran over, arms outstretched. She took my hands and kissed me on each cheek. In the perfect lighting, with her hair and make-up done to full effect, Vicky was breathtaking, turning heads as she moved through the room. Jen was right behind her wearing a white and blue suit, and Vicky fit right into her side like they were made for each other. Which I guess they were. It made me want my other half.

Jen looked around. "Aly, where's Taylor?"

I shrugged. "No idea, I haven't seen her. I mean, she's got to be around here somewhere, doesn't she?"

Jen nodded, and they both noticed the sculpture, their exclamations making me blush again. I left them talking to my parents, who'd they'd met at my birthday dinner. I decided I was going to go looking for Taylor, so I headed back into the next room. There was a crowd of people standing along the far wall, facing something that I couldn't see between them. Sometimes being short is really annoying.

I went forward, trying to peek around the whispering bodies. I could make out a couple of metal figures, but I wasn't able to see what they were doing. They were life size, or close to it, at least. Something about it held my attention, though, and after a moment several people moved away and I was able to sneak to the front.

It was indeed two figures, the one on the left was definitely female, wearing a dress that seemed to flow in the wind around her. Her face wasn't in full relief, so whatever she was thinking and feeling had to be determined from her body language. I thought she looked sad. Her face was downcast, with one hand clasped to her chest just above her breasts, and the other thrown behind her, palm pointing away, directly at the other figure, from whom she was facing away.

The second figure was more androgynous, but his or her feelings were obvious. Down on one knee, arms extended, holding a small box which everyone knew contained a ring. It was so sad. The girl was saying no, that she couldn't, and she was walking away.

"What do you think?"

Two strong arms wrapped around my middle as Taylor's lovely alto filled my ears. I leaned back against her. "It makes me want to cry." A tear formed in my eye.

"Yeah. I think it's one of our worst fears, to offer ourselves completely and be rejected. To be told we are not enough, not worthy." She pulled me tight to her. "But if we never offer, we can't be accepted."

She stepped to my side, reaching toward the sculpture and opening the small metal box the kneeling figure was holding. She put her hand inside and pulled something out.

"A small thing can mean everything." Taylor turned towards me and there was a gravity in her bearing that made me tremble. She took my hands. "Aly, when you found me I was broken. I didn't think I could ever love again, and I knew for a fact no one would ever love me. I hurt so much I'd become numb to it. Aly, you made me feel again, love again, to see the world as a beautiful place, because you are in it. And the only thing I want is to walk through this life by your side." Her voice cracked with emotion.

I was dimly aware that my family and Jen and Vicky were there, and that a crowd had gathered around us. But I didn't care, all I could see was her, all I could hear was her. I was crying, and I needed her to hold me, but I knew she had something to do first. She lifted up what she had taken from the sculpture, a small, black velvet clamshell box.

She held it tight and pressed her forehead to mine. Several people gasped. My mother was crying.

"Baby, be my wife. Stay with me forever." She kissed my hand and went to one knee, tears streaming down her face. She opened the box, and the diamond inside glittered in the soft light. "Alyssa WInterberg, will you marry me?"

In an instant our relationship passed in front of my eyes. The first time I'd seen her standing in her tower, her carrying Kelsey from the water. Her kissing me in that parking lot, riding on her motorcycle, the first time we made love. They crashed through my consciousness, one after the other, and I knew she was supposed to be mine, and I was supposed to be hers. The universe gives us so few perfect gifts, but this was mine, ours, and the answer was yes.

"Yes, yes, yes." As I said it a sound came from the sculpture, like a clasp releasing, and the metalwork girl rotated on her foot, spinning so that she was now facing the kneeling figure, and the whole tenor of the piece changed. Now she was clutching her breast in happiness, her hand thrown back in joy as she looked down at her lover. She was saying yes, just like me.

I repeated it a bunch of times, muffled only by the shouts and applause from around us and me burying my face in Taylor's jacket. She pulled me close, standing as we clung to one another.

Taylor laughed through her tears. "Here, baby, you have to put this on."

I giggled. "Oh, sorry." I held out my left hand and Taylor slipped the ring into place. It was a simple round cut solitaire, and I loved it, and I loved her. My family rushed forward and basically the rest of the night was a blur. The next thing I really remember was that night, back at our apartment. Taylor had fallen asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, exhausted after her very long week. I just snuggled in next to her, looking back and forth from my new piece of jewelry to the love of my life. I couldn't believe it. I was getting married, starting a real job. I was an adult, almost, anyway. But what really struck me was that I was home, forever.

***

We got married on the beach that August, just in time for a week-long honeymoon before Taylor started school. It wasn't long to plan a wedding, but we wanted to keep it small, just family and a few close friends. Kelsey was my maid of honor, of course, but Sadie and Evelyn stood up with me as well, just before heading off to their respective graduate schools. Sadie was tremendously excited, because right after the wedding she and Noah would be moving to Minnesota and sharing an apartment for the first time. They weren't engaged yet, but I doubted it'd take that long. We promised to compare notes often.

I'd been living with Taylor since I graduated, obviously, and it was amazing. Taylor seemed transformed. It helped that her collection at Beville's had gotten rave reviews, and that other galleries around the city were already requesting showings. But there was more to it than that. She was confident and optimistic about the future in a way that was wonderful to see.

On our big day I wore a thin, flowy, Grecian style white gown, and Taylor wore a white tux with a swirling pastel green and blue tie. Jen was her best woman, and Gabe, Christa, Martha and Derrick came down for the wedding.

The big surprise I had in store for Taylor during the ceremony was when I promised to love, honor, and obey. I'm not sure if anyone else even noticed, but Taylor sure did, and I couldn't keep the grin off my face when I said it. Nor did anyone mention the white choker and heart shaped lock, clearly visible with my hair up as it was.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 204 milliseconds