How Emma Found Love

Kelly and Emma had one more big show to plan for but they had more time so they were not in a rush. There were eight more days before they returned to school so they tried to make as much money as they could. Emma would have fewer money problems and could enjoy herself more without worry. She and Kelly explored each other, learning dos and don'ts. Kell loved touches that were a little rougher -- she was used to guys, after all. Emma craved loving in all its forms. She had never experienced this. It was a drug for her. They both could not stop kissing each other. It was just so easy to do. You didn't even need to get undressed.

They both had homework to do, and Emma needed to call the voice chair. She asked Kelly to help her buy a good laptop computer, so they found a store that had some used equipment. Emma and Kell found a used, but not abused, MacBook that would do until she had more cash. Emma had discovered what she had suspected about herself -- she was an exclusive girl-girl and had no urge to be with a man. Kelly had been completely up front. She would not be Em's forever-love, but she would get her off to a good start. Emma found the office phone for Alison Neilson, the voice chair, was not being answered, but she would be back before classes started. Emma called every day early and again in the afternoon. When the phone was picked up she was startled. She managed to get across who she was and what she wanted. She was asked to call back after two p.m. She made the call and made an appointment with Ms. Neilson to meet the following day in the morning.

The shows were netting them good money, but it would be only a few more days until school started. Emma wanted to have a steadier source of income. They did agree to work Valentine's Day even though it was on a weeknight. Emma talked to Ms. Neilson the next day and discussed what the job as accompanist required. She thought she could do the job but it would put a strain on her. When she brought this up, citing her academic as well as the time spent on their act, Ali was understanding. They would work around her other priorities. Ali was an older woman with greying hair but still slender, with darting light blue eyes. She had kept most of her attractiveness. She said the show she had seen impressed her greatly. She asked if Kelly was interested in pursuing voice. Emma had to say she could only ask her. Emma left feeling so much better about her life. She went back and talked with Kelly about what had been said. As Emma had suspected, Kelly enjoyed singing but did not want make a living that way.

The girls' love life blossomed into a torrid set of lovemaking sessions. Kelly was not a lesbian, but she was very bisexual. Emma knew it would be foolhardy to fall for her but her heart was not under her mind's control. Kelly arranged with Minnie to have a date at the club the night before school picked back up. They would not work that night but would have the use of the apartment. It would be Emma's first real date and she was excited. They asked who would be the act that night. They were told that no one had been chosen yet but they would be good.

When date night arrived, with Kelly and Emma watching, a young girl band took the stage. They had good vocals but were not rehearsed enough. Minnie walked up to tell the two she was sorry about the act but could not find anyone better on short notice. Minnie was impressed that Emma was sitting on Kelly's lap, just devouring her face, not caring about anything. Emma stunned her by asking if they could do anything to help. Minnie declined but wished all her talent cared this much. The two went back to their lazy-paced loving and left Minnie to lick her hurt pride. She didn't like to put on amateurish acts. Later in the night, there was a howl of passion that could be heard by all. It was the hit of the night, especially for Kelly. Emma was getting too good at pleasing her. She had never ever been kept on the knife's edge like that. Kelly had to beg over and over before Em would allow her to climax. Then Em wouldn't let it stop. She kept the explosions emanating from her lover building as Kelly lost any thought and just erupted like Krakatoa. The massive climax actually had the opposite effect than Emma had hoped for. Kelly became almost frightened for her life. She truly loved Emma in the romantic sense but didn't want to lose her identity.

The Valentine's Day show was a night to remember for everyone present. Nora got herself and Eva in. By far the hit of the show was Kelly's performance of her rewrite of 'When a Man Loves a Woman.' Kelly just changed the gender of the male pronouns to feminine and sang the song with all the soul of Percy Sledge. Emma added everything she had to the music, turning out a product unlike any other. They made impassioned love that night. It expressed the mood of them both.

Emma had found love even if it was fleeting. Having tasted it, she craved more, as if she were a junkie. Two months later, Kelly found a man, putting Emma on the back burner. They did occasionally have sex and still professed love. Emma moved on.

Emma and Nora were lovers for the rest of the scholastic year. Nora taught Emma many things about herself as well as other women. Emma knew the relationship would never last. Nora's eye always was scouting new girls. Emma just used her time learning. Nora taught her how to build a wall around her heart. Emma saw that, while it might be needed most of the time, it could keep out true love, something Emma wanted.

Eva also found a man and was very into fucking her guy anytime she could, even if Nora was present. This hurt Nora deeply. She never would have done that to a roomie. Their relationship became icy. Emma spoke to Eva one day about how crude her actions were. Eva spent days sulking and came to realize she was being a bitch. Eva made an attempt to make up with Nora, but Nora was a person who forgave but would never trust again.

Emma did enjoy her work at the voice department. It gave her a chance to explore new kinds of music. And it afforded her an opportunity to met new girls. She found one in particular. Liz Connor was learning to sing jazz. She had a bright and expressive voice. It turned out her mouth was also expert at other things. She seduced Emma one night after they practiced and drove Emma wild. Liz had an apartment, so they could be alone when they wished. Emma had found love once more. Over the summer, Emma followed Liz back to her home city. They were inseparable. Liz lived in a very liberal city, where they were welcomed. They even put on a show at a local gay bar on open mic night and it was like old times for Emma. At the start of the school year, Liz asked Emma if she wanted to move in with her, and she did. So the two lived out the year in a blissful state.

Then Liz was asked to join a band. And Emma lost her love. This one hurt her so deeply she did not even look for over a year.

Emma had made up her mind to study law. She fulfilled the prerequisites and spent her last year finding funding. She asked Father James if her knew of financial aid she might be able to secure. He did and sponsored Emma. She was accepted by Catholic Charities, which covered over half of her costs. She just had to make up the rest. She made applications to mostly Catholic schools. One of her favorites, Georgetown, accepted her. They also gave her a partial scholarship, which gave her all the money she needed. She made plans to go there. When she visited, she was shown around by a very pretty law student. Emma was instantly attracted to her. The woman was very observant and took time to explain to Emma that she had to stay under the radar -- it was, after all, a Catholic school.

Emma knew it would be a lean three years. She knew she could cope with just her own attention. She joined the Law Review and edited it her second and third years. She did a lot of volunteer work, as well as work with the local LGBT community, something she could not talk about at school. To help with her rent, she found a roommate, who turned out to be bisexual. So she had an outlet for her desires, if not her love. She and Kelly kept up their friendship, still making love on occasion. Kelly went to medical school locally so they had time for one another between Kelly's male love interests. Emma, as she always did, vied for and, in the end, graduated first in her class.

Emma applied for and won a clerkship for the chief justice of the supreme court. It was a great learning experience. She did not agree with his political views, but that was one of the reasons he wanted her. She was a voracious reader of anything and everything. Her knowledge of law impressed him. She never showed fear or disrespect towards anyone, a trait that was also highly valued. When she drafted briefs, they were fair to the arguments of both sides in all cases. She would have all the precedents for him to review. One day when she knocked on his door, something that was not usual, he invited her in. Seeing she was greatly upset, he inquired as to her problem. She told him that the Reverend Mother who had raised her was dying of cancer. She had started weeping, something he had never seen her do. It was the middle of the session and he did not want to do without her.

The justice asked the others if they could adjourn for a week. Emma was well-liked and respected by them all, so they agreed. One of the female secretaries was attempting to calm Emma. Everyone knew what she had overcome and wanted to help.

Emma flew back to be with Sister Mary Joan and the other sisters she had never had the time to visit. Mary Joan was so elated to have Emma back with her! She had so missed the child during her schooling. On the second day of her visit, God called Sister Mary Joan home to him. After the funeral Emma comforted the sisters as well as she could and went back to DC. She had lost her anchor and was more alone than she had ever been.

Kell called her, hoping to give Emma solace. They went out to dinner and Kelly let her old friend give vent to her pain. As they were finishing, Kelly received a text from her boyfriend. It was decorated with photos of them, as well as one of an engagement ring in a case with a question mark after it. There were no words, but Kelly thought it was romantic and handed her phone to Emma. Emma's reaction was one of total shock. She had met the man and liked him immensely. She was very happy for her friend and lover. Kelly asked her if she would be her maid of honor, and Emma said yes, wanting to know when the wedding would be. Kelly had given no thought to it, so she would have to get back to her as soon as a decision was made.

Emma went home feeling as if she had just lost her first love forever. She would on no condition have sex with a married woman. This was the worst week of her life she was happy to return to work.

On the day of Kelly's bridal shower, Emma brought her back to her bed. Emma had learned so many new ways to please a woman. She used them all on Kelly. She wanted this to last forever in both their minds. Mouth, fingers, teeth, tongue, tribbing, and combinations of many stimulations. She left Kelly too drained to even contemplate leaving the house. Kelly passed into a deep hard sleep in Emma's arms. In the morning Kelly was sore. You couldn't come that much without being so.

When she sat down to have coffee with Emma she asked, "What got into you, Em? Last night?"

"Kelly, that was our last time. I won't have sex with married people. I just want to make it memorable for us both."

"Donnie knows about us, Em. He doesn't care, honey."

"I like him, Kell, and will not betray your vows. As I would hope you would not want to. Be happy with your chosen one. I will be here for you. Just not as a bedmate."

The wedding was a big one. Eva and Nora were there, so Emma took the time to get reacquainted with them. Eva was married but not very happy. Her husband drank too much and couldn't perform in bed. Of course, he blamed Eva. This naturally pissed Nora off. She had learned how to keep out of other people's troubles. So she said nothing.

Emma finished up her clerkship and was taken on by a top DC law firm as an associate. She and Kelly went to dinner at least once a month. At first Kell would try to test Em's resolve about sex. But to no avail. She finally found a willing nurse, Hester, to take Emma's place. It was not the same, but she yearned for feminine lovemaking so it had to do.

One day Kelly called Emma at work in a state of agitation. Eva had shown up at her door, with Nora holding up her battered body. Emma told her to call the police and file a report. Eva lived in another state, but it would get back to the authorities. Emma went to talk to one of the partners about handling Eva's case pro bono publico, and she was given permission.

Emma arrived at Eva's hospital room. Eva was an unholy mess: Her jaw was broken, as was her nose. She had been burned with lit cigars on her nipples and clitoris, as well as her face, hands, and armpits. Eva could not stop crying out in pain and humiliation. She felt she had caused this somehow. It brought back memories Emma had suppressed long ago. She knew she had to get Eva help now. Kelly had arranged for a specialist to see Eva.

It helped for a while, until her husband found her and came to get his property. His bad luck was Eva's good fortune. Nora had come to visit her old roomie. She would not let the drunk man into the room. He took a swing at her, to no avail. Nora swept it away with an open hand, so he charged her, just as the police arrived. Nora punched him upwardly on his nose with her open palm, and the man crumpled. The pain was savage. He would never know how close he came to death. Billy was charged with attempted murder, as well as aggravated assault in Nora's case. Now that he was in their jurisdiction, charges were filed in both federal and state courts for his actions upon his wife.

Emma handled the divorce and even offered to help the prosecution, who did not accept. Billy came from a very wealthy family so Eva did well in her settlement. She also received payments from his parents after they had seen what their sick boy had done. Billy's mother vomited when she first saw Eva's wounds -- she wanted to divorce her son. Actually, she wanted to have a postpartum abortion. He was disowned by his entire family and would spend a very hard time in prison. He just could not help being a smartass.

Emma's reputation as a top litigator was building. She had defended people and companies in cases that were thought unwinnable. Three years later she was made a partner at the firm, and her services were in great demand. Kelly was doing her training for her chosen specialty so they didn't get together as often as either would have liked. Then late on a Tuesday night Emma got a phone call. She saw it was Kelly. She was worried as she answered.

"What's up, Kelly?"

Kelly's sobbing voice begged, "Can I bunk at your house, Em?"

"Do you need me to come and get you?"

"I'm down the street from your house, Em. Be right there."

Before Emma could put on a robe and wake up, she heard the knock and ran to open the door. "God, Kelly! What happened to you?!" Kelly was soaked with her tears. "I walked in on two people fucking my husband," she said miserably. "They were both men and neither was using a condom. Don admitted he was gay and had married me to protect his job." She had stood there for a few minutes and then lost it. They weren't even using protection for her safety! She had grabbed a bag she kept for the times she worked late and stormed out.

Emma led her to the guest room where she placed her bags they then went to sit in the living room. She knew Kelly wanted her, but she was still married and Emma had her personal rules. Emma just came out and asked, "So, Kell. What do you want to do?"

"Em, I can't live with him anymore. If he is not even thinking of his own safety, I doubt he is thinking of mine! I'm going to have to have HIV tests for at least 10 years! Maybe for the rest of my life! I need to divorce him, but I don't want to screw him over. I was cheating with a nurse so I am not any better."

"But will he agree to it? You know Maryland has no-fault divorce, based on mutual consent. That would be the cleanest choice. Otherwise you will have to be separated for one year first."

"I think to avoid being outed, he will agree. I know I will."

"Does he have legal representation?"

Kelly gave a short, wry laugh. "Actually, one of the guys he was with was his lawyer."

"Kell, I need to get some sleep. I will get with Don as soon as I can."

"Em, may I sleep with you tonight?"

"I don't think that's wise, Kell. You are still legally his spouse. I don't want to be dragged into this. I'll think about it when you are free. I think you know how I feel." Kelly nodded. She was in a very pathetic state, but she understood Emma's reasons.

The next day Emma spoke to Don. He was quite relieved by the news that Kelly just wanted out. He took down Emma's work number and said he would have his lawyer call her. Emma phoned Kelly at the hospital and told her that this might not take a long time. Emma was licensed in Maryland so she could act as Kelly's attorney. Later that day, Don's representative called her to set up a meeting to discuss terms and a settlement. When Kelly got to her house that night, Emma had all the paperwork ready to be filled out.

"Damn, Em! You do work quick." They filled out all the forms. When Emma asked Kelly what things she wanted, she made a list. They were all personal: Her diplomas, photographs, books, and the like. No problem there, Emma thought. Don and his lawyer wanted to get this done as expeditiously as possible, and so did Kelly.

There were two new people at work whom Emma had not met yet. One, a paralegal who would work for another partner, knocked on Emma's door. She was almost as small as Emma, with short dark hair, deep brown eyes, and a somewhat larger bust than Emma's.

"Hello, Ms. Black. I'm Donna Maria Alvarez, Mr. Epstein's new paralegal. I came here from Eldridge and James in Boston. I worked there for 10 years and have references from all the partners." They talked shop for about 30 minutes, and Emma thought she might actually have a friend here. As Donna was leaving she stopped and turned to Emma with a look of trepidation. "Ms. Black, I've heard talk that you might be gay. Is that true?"

Emma broke out with a belly laugh. When she regained control, she led Donna to a plaque on her office wall. "I don't hide that fact, Donna. I got this from the LGBT Bar Association for contributions to furthering equality in law."

"So I don't have hide as I did before?"

"I don't. Just do your job and be careful whom you hit on."

"I know to keep my love life separate from work. Can you tell me about the scene here in DC?"

"Not going to be very helpful there, Donna. I don't do clubs or the bar scene. To be honest, I spend most of my dating time looking for a serious relationship. You know. My forever."

"I hate the meat market spots, too. I can get sex. But love is real hard to find and damned hard to keep. Where do you meet women?"

"Anywhere serious people gather. I like plays and the opera. I go to talks at universities. And seminars are good, too. Have you tried book or movie discussion groups?"

"Wow! Mayhap I could accompany you sometime to see what's happening, Ms. Black."

"Yes, Donna. Do you like the symphony? I have tickets for Friday if you would like to come. And please call me Emma."

"Emma, then. I would like that. I'll have to buy a dress and shoes for our date."

"Donna, don't spend a lot of money. Anything you have will be new to me."

"Emma, it makes me feel so special to wear new clothes with someone new." Emma arranged to pick Donna up at her apartment on Friday, and planned to take her to dinner before the concert. Kelly sulked when Emma told her about the date, so the time had come for an honest talk.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 10 milliseconds