It Didn't Work Out Ch. 12

Suddenly Bridget's entire body started to buck and shake. She felt the orgasm rip through her. It went on with wave after wave of pleasure overwhelming Bridget's mind.

"I'm cumming," Bridget screamed and then screamed it again.

Sian held her fiancée and continued to plunge her fingers in and out of Bridget. It felt like her pussy was trying to grab ahold of Sian's fingers and keep them inside her but she was way too wet for that. It was easy for Sian to slide her fingers inside Bridget's slippery hole. Just as it seemed like the orgasm had crested, Sian changed what she was doing. Her fingers slid up Bridget's slit and brushed against the hard clitoris that was pushing out from between her folds. Flicking them back and forth, Sian lovingly attacked it.

"Ahhhhhh!" Bridget cried. "Oh fuck ... again!" She felt another orgasm start. "I love you! I love you!" she tried to say. It came out almost unintelligible but Sian knew.

"I love you too, Bridge!" Sian told her as she continued to coax Bridget's orgasm along. She felt Bridget's entire body lift up off her as she arched into the peak. She held it there for seconds before she collapsed against Sian. Her body was still filled with tremors that ran up and down. Sian felt them as she held Bridget in her arms. As soon as Bridget was back against her, Sian had stopped playing with her and instead was just embracing her. Now that Bridget was satisfied, Sian just wanted to show her the love she felt. Sian wasn't entirely sure if Bridget was conscious. She just lay there with her eyes closed as her body's twitches gradually died off. Only when they were completely gone did she open them up to look at Sian.

"Oh God, Sian. That was amazing!" Bridget said through pants as she tried to catch her breath. "You made me cum so hard. And twice!" She had to stop talking while she took in a few breaths. "Oh, I love how you make me feel!"

"I love pleasing you, Baby," Sian told her as she tenderly kissed Bridget's cheek. She smiled at the little contented noise that Bridget made as she felt it.

Finally feeling a little energy come back, Bridget reached up and ran her hands through Sian's hair. She smiled dreamily at her fiancée. "Thank you, Sian. That was so nice."

"And we have our entire lives to be together, future wife!" Sian said. The love in her voice came through loud and clear.

"Yes we do!" Bridget agreed.

They stayed like that for a while and then slowly began to put themselves back together. After they had their clothes in order, Sian pulled Bridget back against her and they rested in the sun. Although they both caressed the other, this time it didn't go beyond reaffirming their deep love. It wasn't until a few small clouds came by and the air grew a little cold that they began to get ready to go back down the mountain. It was such a perfect moment that neither one of them wanted it to end too soon. Even as they walked down the trail, they never let go of each other's hand.

For the most part, telling their friends and family was a series of happy events. Of course the closest friends like Kate and Liesl were delighted. Sian asked Kate to be her best woman. There was no one else it could be. In addition to her cousin Joni, Bridget wanted Liesl and Viola to be her bridesmaids.

Telling her family went better than Bridget expected. Riley of course was enthusiastic as was his now very steady girlfriend. Since the divorce, Riley had gotten to know Sian extremely well. He couldn't imagine anyone who would be better for his sister than Sian. Even though he knew that Don loved Bridget, it hadn't been the same. As trite as it sounded, it was like they completed each other. Even when they weren't together, they were very happy. But when they were, Riley had never seen his sister happier. Beyond that, it was clear that accepting who she was was what Bridget needed to find that happiness.

Her dad had a pretty good idea of why Sian and Bridget were coming to see them, especially when Sian asked to talk to him alone. It had taken him a lot of work but he had managed to get his wife to at least see Bridget and not make any comments. The effort had changed the dynamic in their marriage and he was feeling better about the relationship than he had in years. When he went off to talk with Sian, they left Bridget and her mother chatting about Bridget's work. She still wasn't willing to acknowledge that Bridget was a lesbian, but they could get past it and talk about other things.

Bridget's father tried to keep an amused smile off his face as he watched Sian work on getting up the courage to say what she wanted.

"Mr. Fontaine, I think you know how I feel about your daughter. She is everything to me. I love her so much. And we have taken our time, to make sure that this is right. I wanted her to be sure that she is really comfortable with this life. But after over a year since making her decision, she feels certain she is. Taking the time has just made it clear to us how we feel about each other. I know this isn't what you wanted for her, but I really appreciate the support you have shown her. It has made a big difference to her. I asked her last weekend to marry me and she said yes. Mr. Fontaine, I hope you will also support us and give us your blessing," Sian said.

"Sian, you are the best thing that has ever happened to Bridget. I've never seen her so at peace and happy. Of course, you have my blessing and my support in your marriage to my daughter. And I hope this is the last time that you call me Mr. Fontaine. I would like it very much if you would call me Dad. I already think of you as my daughter and I am glad this will just make it official," he told her.

"I do have a question," he said. "I didn't notice a ring on Bridget's finger. Aren't you going to do that?" Sian looked a little embarrassed. Suddenly he understood. "You didn't want to upset her mother, did you?"

"It was my idea. I wanted to have a chance to talk to you first, because I know that it is going to be hard on her mother. She would have figured it out immediately if Bridget was wearing it and then we would have spent the entire visit dealing with that. At least this way, we had a chance to talk first," Sian said. "I wasn't trying to deceive ... Dad"

That put a big smile on his face. "Oh don't worry about it. And I understand. Very sensible, but we do need to tell her," he said.

"We planned on doing it right after this," Sian agreed.

The two of them walked back to the living room where Bridget was still talking with her mother. Her dad had his arm around Sian's shoulder. That made Bridget's mother frown a little bit as they came into the room. Sian went and sat next to Bridget, who deliberately took Sian's hand.

"Mom, Sian and I have something to tell you. I know it is hard for you to hear and harder to accept, but please remember that this is something happy. Sian asked me to marry her and I said yes," Bridget told her. She reached into a pocket and pulled out her engagement ring and put it on her finger. She could see her mother's eyes already starting to tear up. Visiting with her had become possible but it was always a fragile peace. "I love you Mom, but this is who I am. I'm happier than at any time during my life. I hope you can accept that and at least be happy for me," Bridget said with a tinge of sadness in her voice seeing her mother's reaction.

Unable to stay sitting any longer, Bridget's mother got up and rushed out of the room. They could all hear her crying. It was what she expected, but Bridget still felt disappointed. Her father reached over and patted her on the hand.

"Don't worry about her. It's hard on her. I am guessing she feels like there is no coming back now. Like she is finally realizing that the battle was lost a long time ago," her father told her. He looked over at Sian. "But let me tell you how happy I am for both of you. I told Sian that it is obvious to me how right this is."

Bridget got up and gave her father a big hug. They talked for a little while but it wasn't long before they left. Her mother never emerged from her bedroom and her father needed to go see her.

For a long time, the best that Bridget thought would happen was that her mother would come to the wedding. Although neither one of them were particularly religious, they found a church that had strongly supported the marriage equality initiative and decided that it would be nice to have the ceremony there. It was unsaid but Bridget hoped that might make it easier for her mother to attend.

Bridget was completely surprised when her mother called her up and asked if she could come over and talk to her alone. Sian had a soccer game that weekend and while Bridget usually went to them, she told her mother to come over then.

It was a morning on pins and needles as Bridget waited for her mother to get there. She had thought about calling her father but decided to allow her mother the chance to do it how she wanted. When the knock on the door came, Bridget was ready to get it over with and let her mother into the apartment.

It was the first time her mother had visited but it didn't seem like a good time to give her a tour. Bridget had hot water ready and made the two of them a cup of tea. They sat drinking it at the kitchen table.

Bridget's mom didn't wait long before she got to the point.

"I know I haven't been very kind to you lately, Bridget. Or very supportive. It's hard when your world gets turned around. I've got some pretty strong beliefs, especially on what is right and wrong." Despite her somewhat harsh words, the tone was completely different. It was much softer than Bridget was used to hearing from her mother. It lacked the tone of judgment that it often had. Her mother looked up from the tea and into Bridget's eyes. "I'm not going to tell you that I think your relationship with Sian is right. I can't do that. But after a lot of talk with your father, I want to tell you that it's your choice. It's your soul. I can't make your choices for you."

Once again Bridget was surprised when her mother reached out and took her hand. "Bridget, just because I don't approve of the choices, doesn't mean I can't still love you and support you. 'Judge not, that ye be not judged' is what the bible says. So I will leave that with God," her mother quietly said. "I don't want to miss out on your life. And Daddy tells me that you are happy, as happy as he has ever seen. Maybe I wish you were finding that happiness in another way, but I guess in the end I can be satisfied with that."

"Oh Mom, thank you!" Bridget said as she felt a few tears blur her vision. "I tried not to be this way, but it is who I am."

"I know. I wish ..." her mother trailed off. Bridget guessed what her mother didn't say. Even if she wished that Bridget was different, it was enough that she could accept it.

Once again her mother surprised her when she completed her thought. It was obviously hard for her to say. "Bridget, I wish I had figured out sooner that what was important was your happiness. I'm sorry that when you needed me to help you, all I could do was judge you. Not just now, but when you were in high school. I caused a lot of unhappiness. Your father helped me see that." She was quiet for a moment. "He is a good man," she finally said.

"Yes he is. Thank you, Mom. You don't know what this means to me," Bridget told her as she hugged her mom. "Maybe it was for the best, Mom. If these things hadn't happened, I wouldn't have met Sian. And I know that I was meant to be with her." When she mentioned Sian, Bridget felt her mother tense up for a moment. It didn't last long but Bridget could tell that there was still a ways to go before her mother was comfortable with her choices. At least it was a start.

Telling Don was the other thing that made Bridget nervous. In the months since the divorce, they occasionally talked. When she first got back together with Sian, it had been a hard moment. While Don believed her that she had ended things with Sian when the two of them were trying to keep the marriage together, the idea that Bridget was back with the lover he had pushed her to find was tough to accept. He felt the loss all over and much of the progress he had made was lost for some time. Gradually he pulled through it, especially since Bridget didn't step away from her commitment to staying friends.

It turned out to be easier than she expected to tell him. Months had passed since Bridget had reunited with Sian. Although it was hard for him at times, Don had moved on in his life. Even when he still wanted to get back together with Bridget, Don hadn't been able to keep from dating. For a long time, he just had fun and never let any of them get close. As he reconciled to the fact that Bridget was happy with Sian, he slowly started being a little more discerning in who he dated. It was much rarer these days for her to talk with Don but when Bridget did, he seemed to only mention a couple of names and they were the same ones.

They met for drinks after work when Bridget told him. Don was completely sincere in wishing them all the best. "Our marriage, well, it didn't work out, Bridget, and my ideas about fantasies really didn't work out. Bridget, I will always love you but even I can see how happy Sian makes you. I wish I could have done that for you, but I still want you to have that happiness. Plus Sian is a good person and an honorable one. You couldn't find someone better. I am sure that this one will succeed!" Bridget gave him a big hug and made him promise that he would come to the wedding.

As the big moment approached, Joni finally solved the problem of Bridget's nervousness. She smuggled in a bottle of champagne and after a couple of glasses, Bridget was feeling better. When she asked for a third, Joni told her to wait until after the ceremony. Joni, Viola and Liesl had all joined her in having a drink. Bridget suspected that from how giggly Liesl was that she had managed to get another glass or even two out of Joni.

The women were gathered around Bridget, making last minute adjustments to her hair, makeup and dress. Although they were busy, there was very little being asked of Bridget. It was easy for her mind to drift. Bridget reflected on the last couple of days and her mom. It hadn't been perfect. She was clearly still uncomfortable when surrounded by large numbers of people who were different. Bridget had become friends with not just Sian's crowd but brought others into their circle as well, both gay men and women. Many of them were wedding guests. Her mother had managed to be civil, although polite might be too strong of a word.

But still, when it came to Sian, her mother had warmed to the woman who made her daughter so happy. Her mother had hosted a wedding shower for her friends. She had insisted that Sian be there and introduced her around to her friends as her future daughter-in-law. A few of them refused to attend. She shrugged and went on making the arrangements. Bridget overheard her talking to one of her closest friends. "Do I like it? Of course not. But I don't get to pick her life and unless I want to lose my daughter, I had to find a way to be okay with it. And she's happy. I guess I'm okay with my daughter being happy. And part of that means accepting and loving the person who makes her happy." When Bridget told Sian, she hadn't been able to avoid crying; neither had Sian. She knew what it meant to Bridget.

Pretty soon the pastor came knocking at the door asking them if they were ready. Joni looked over at Bridget who gave her a nod despite the butterflies fluttering about her stomach. Joni smiled, knowing exactly how Bridget felt.

"Come on in," Joni told him. The pastor opened the door and stepped inside. He moved over to Bridget and smiled at her.

"How are you doing, Bridget," he wanted to know.

"Okay," Bridget told him. "I can't wait for this to be over and I'm married to Sian. I keep picturing myself tripping on the aisle or completely freezing when it comes to my vows. I don't remember being this nervous when it was with Don," she said looking over at Joni.

"That's because this time it is with the person who you were meant to be with," Joni said with a smile. "Everything matters more." Alone among her family, Joni had been the one person who had questioned Bridget about marrying Don. She liked him alright but Joni just didn't sense that spark that she thought there should be.

"You will do fine," the pastor reassured Bridget.

"Hi Bridget," her father said as he came into the room. The bridesmaids smiled at him as they lined up and started to file out of the room. His unfailing support for Bridget over the last year combined with his assistance with Bridget's mom in the days before the wedding had endeared him to all of them. Joni gave him a kiss on the cheek as she went past him.

Bridget put her hand into the crook of her father's arm. "Hi Daddy," she said. Some of the stress Bridget was feeling seemed to evaporate as she felt his reassuring presence next to her. She leaned against him. "Daddy, I just want to tell you again how great you've been. I love you. My last year has been full of so much; I'm not sure I could have gotten through it without you." She kissed his other cheek. There were faint traces of lipstick now on both his cheeks. Bridget laughed and wiped them off.

"Bridget, you are a lot stronger than you think sometimes. I know you would have gotten through it okay, but I am glad that I helped. You are making a good life for yourself." He looked at her. "I know I have said that while I wish things might have been different, I support you. I don't think that anymore. This is the right life for you and the right choices for you. I'm glad that you figured that out." Bridget felt the beginnings of tears in her eyes. Her father saw that and gave her a hug. "None of that! You don't want to ruin your beautiful eyes."

They heard the music start and ahead of them Liesl started to walk into the chapel. Looking over at her, Bridget's dad had one more thing to tell her. "I don't want to make you cry, but I do want to say thank you for bringing Sian into my life. She is everything that a father would want in the person who marries his daughter." Bridget had to let go of his arm so that she could give him a big hug. All of her nervousness had disappeared by now.

They watched as Viola and then Joni started to walk. And then the wedding march began. Bridget took a deep breath and started walking alongside her father. As she entered the chapel, Bridget was overwhelmed by the number of people there. There had been relatively few people who declined. While she may have lost some friends due to her changes, the ones who remained were truly loyal.

She tried to look around as she walked down the aisle, but Bridget found that she couldn't keep her eyes off of Sian. She looked amazing in a tux. All of Sian's friends standing up for her were wearing tuxes. Viola jokingly complained that she would have much rather been wearing one than the dress she had on. The truth was that Viola was very pleased that Bridget had wanted her to be a bridesmaid. Sian's had been tailored especially for her so she looked stunning. Their eyes met almost as soon as Bridget entered the room. There was a smile plastered across Sian's face as she looked at her beautiful bride that just got bigger as Bridget got closer. Remembering what Joni had said, Bridget tried to take in and memorize everything about Sian. If memories of her wedding day were going to be hard to retain, Sian was what she wanted to remember.

As they got to the front of the chapel, Bridget and her father stopped. The pastor looked at them and then all of the guests. "Who brings this woman to be wed?" he asked.

Her father's voice cracked as he responded. "Her mother and I do." There had been a surprising lack of argument about that. Bridget asked her mother if it was alright, and she had agreed without comment.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 59 milliseconds