• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Gay Male
  • /
  • Mage, Man
  • /
  • Page ⁨6⁩

Mage, Man

Fraust also watched me, though his look was not one of concern but rather an amused smirk. He also watched August carefully. As I passed him a cup he deliberately placed his hand over mine. His touch was cold, literally. I felt a chill run through the flesh of my arm.

"Thank you, boy." He said simply. August clenched his jaw over the exchange, but said nothing.

The other three mages included a man named Bringer, a portly fellow with a bushy, slate grey beard and short thinning hair on top. Void was what they called the other female mage. She was so slight in build and had skin so pale it was almost translucent. Lastly was the tallest, and also thinnest of the group, a man called Chronassus, who also appeared rickety with age.

They spoke of 'the seed at the zenith' and 'remaking the wall'. The wall I thought might mean the one around my village, or perhaps just one of the many walls found here in the magedom. I couldn't make out much of what they were saying, and, to my dismay they used hushed tones while I was hovering about, removing plates or freshening drinks.

Bringer cleared his throat loudly. "Is it wise to keep this human around? I'm not entirely comfortable speaking about our business in front of him."

"Oh he's harmless." Fraust replied with a sly grin. "He's just curious. Maybe he should join us?"

"Don't be a fool!" August snorted in reply. Then, giving me a serious expression said, "That will be all boy, see you at supper."

My interest had been piqued enough to want to stay, but it was obvious by now that the mages were not going to speak candidly in my presence. I nodded to the table, gave a tiny bow and headed out into the hallway. I paused just outside the door. It was no good, where they sat at the dining table was just far enough away that I couldn't make anything out clearly. Disappointed, I retreated to my chamber.

There was next to nothing to do in my room and I rapidly became bored. I wanted to head to the garden, or play a game of Conquer, or borrow a new book from August's study, but I knew it was likely in my best interest to stay put. August would be displeased if he caught me roaming the hallways with his guests here and I couldn't be sure how they might react if they saw I had the run of the place, particularly Fraust. There was something about that man. His advances were off-putting, and the smile was obviously just for show, but there was something more sinister beneath, something he kept concealed.

At last I couldn't stand the idleness anymore and decided it might be alright if I just quickly grabbed a new book to read from the old man's study. I would duck in, grab something, and dart back to my room, no one would be the wiser. I knew they were likely finished eating, but I could check by the study with an excuse. If August was in, well, I would only ask for a book if he was alone. If it was deserted as I assumed, there was nothing to worry about. I poked my head out the door into the hallway, which was empty. I quickly padded down the corridor to the fork which led to the study. I couldn't see anyone or hear voices. I dashed to the study door and knocked. No answer, so I knocked again. When there still came no reply I opened the heavy wooden door and slipped inside.

I quickly headed to the nearest shelf and began scanning book titles. I was about at the end of the first row, crouched low to read the titles on the bottom shelves when I became aware of someone standing over me.

"Well hello again, boy." It was Fraust. He broke into a slow grin.

I quickly rose to my feet. "Uh, sir mage." I began, my mind racing. I became instantly uncomfortable in his presence. "I was just borrowing a book."

"Were you?" He asked, his eyes narrowing. "August lets you steal into his study to pilfer books while he's out does he?"

My face reddened. "Well, again, he lets me borrow them if I take care of them." I tried to make it sound like this happened regularly. His look was dubious at best.

He moved closer to me, nearly pinning my back against a bookcase. I tried to slide along the shelf past him but he then placed his arm in my way. He tipped his head, considering me.

"What was it you were hoping to steal, hm? Spells? A talisman? Something to sell in your little town?" He asked.

"A book." I repeated. "A book to read, out of boredom, nothing more."

I am a good-sized fellow but Fraust loomed over me, if this became a physical altercation, I wasn't sure what I could do, if this became magical... well, I was done for.

He removed his arm from against the shelf. "I'll make sure August knows you found a book, then?" He asked.

It appeared like he believed me after all, and I remarked, "You do that, and I'll let him know you must have also wanted to do some light reading as you were skulking about in here with me." I finished.

Making caustic remarks to a mage who has a good two feet in height on you is a fool's errand I quickly learned. Fraust grabbed me by the throat in one hand and hoisted me off my feet against the shelf, knocking books to the floor. His eyes billowed with the sudden anger welling up inside of him. I coughed and clawed at his arm, to no avail.

"You little insect." He hissed. "You may be August's only pet, but I suspect he's been sparing you the lash. Look how defiant and disobedient you've grown." He displayed a wide grin. "But those days are over. I'm all too happy to teach you a lesson. A lesson about what happens to handsome young men who deceive their betters."

I kicked at him as hard as I could and connected with his stomach. It surprised him enough that he staggered backward and dropped me to the floor. As soon as I landed I sprang sideways and sprinted for the door. I didn't know where to head beyond it, but if I could put enough distance between us...

My legs stopped moving suddenly and felt numb in the next moment. I had just enough time to look down to where my calves appeared to be encased in... ice? I sprawled hard against the smooth stone floor and bounced bodily against the heavy desk near the middle of the study. I tried to pull myself to my feet using the desk but the ice was heavy and kept me weighed mostly to the floor. Behind me I could hear Fraust chuckling as he sauntered over to where I lay.

"Well, that didn't quite work out the way you wanted." He said in a mocking tone. "Honestly, I'm an ice mage, what were you hoping for?"

He knelt down and grabbed my arms, hauling me up and then slamming me over the desk. My face and chest connected hard as my legs remained in ice and over the side. Paper and books scattered and pelted the floor as my body was used to shove them aside.

"Ready to take your medicine, boy?" He had leaned over the desk to hiss in my ear.

I growled at him and tried to swing at his face but he held both of my arms firmly in place.

"Mmm," He grunted. "I rather like that August keeps his men spirited and feisty. Mine have a tendency to break and bore me."

He still held one of my arms against my side but now reached under the waistband of my clothes and tugged my pants and undergarments down with one easy motion, exposing my bare ass.

"Quite nice. I'm a little surprised August hasn't taken a piece of this yet. You know you're just his type don't you?" He teased.

Oh lord, help me! I thought. I was useless in this state, against this monster. What could I do? My mind raced and my heart beat a wild rhythm in my chest. I could hear Fraust but his words weren't really registering.

"Well, he was always a bit soft when it came to you humans, I suppose that must have extended to his manhood. I guess it's only fair if I sample what he's been denying himself." He said gleefully.

Fraust swatted my backside hard and repeatedly, wanting me to cry out, but I would have never given him the satisfaction. When that failed to get the desired reaction from me, I could feel him begin to probe between my cheeks with a finger. I clenched down tightly which only seemed to please him.

"It will be over faster if you don't fight." He remarked. "But please, don't stop fighting."

"August!! Help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping that sound could even penetrate the stone walls and wooden doors of the large room.

Fraust was enraged by my sudden outburst and cuffed me in the back of my head. My chin collided solidly against the desk top and I briefly saw stars.

"He can't hear you anyway." He sneered.

He pushed further inside from behind with his fingers and I felt something give. there was a sharp pain and discomfort and I realized with horror that his fingers were actually inside of my asshole. I grunted and tried to squirm away but he was much too strong for such things. He withdrew his thick fingers partway then shoved them back in, turning them as he did. I struggled and winced but was helpless under him. He leaned over me and I felt with dismay his rigid cock poking out of his robes against my rear. "Are you ready for me to open you up?" He almost whispered. I could hear the lust in his voice and it made me sick.

He slid his prick up and down the crack of my backside, teasing himself. "I don't think I can stand not being inside you." He grunted and began to force his cockhead against my tight hole. I clenched my cheeks together as hard as I could manage and cried out for help again. He didn't bother to strike me this time, he was too focused on his task.

My muscles were nearly at their limits when the study doors blew open. August stood there, in the entryway with a look of surprise that quickly turned into raw, hot anger. Fraust, who had been lying across my back suddenly straightened back up and tucked his cock away under his robes.

"What in the hells have you done?!" Roared August. I had never seen his anger, not truly, it was terrifying and humbling to behold.

Fraust released me carefully and I struggled to pull my pants back up around my waist. Due to the ice block around my lower legs I still couldn't move easily.

"The boy was caught stealing from you, August." Fraust explained. "He said you allowed such thievery. I was merely teaching him humility."

"I was just looking to borrow a book! I would never steal from you!" I pleaded.

August looked at me then and his features softened a little. "I know that, I'm not upset with you."

He looked back to Fraust and his temper immediately flared again. Fraust, I could see was looking uncomfortable.

"Nothing happened." He said in an icy tone. "I was about to stop when you came in, I only wanted to scare him."

"That's my human and my responsibility to discipline if I think it's warranted!" August said in an authoritative voice. "I could kill you for what you've done if you weren't vital!"

Fraust gave a bitter laugh. "Kill me? As if you had the stomach or the stones for that! I should fuck this boy in front of you, show you what you deny yourself!" He spat.

"Enough!" August bellowed. He whirled his staff from behind his back and Fraust pulled something from beneath his robes, I think it was a dagger, but I was in the process of throwing myself to the floor to huddle against the desk. I had seen August use his staff before and it was never a small affair.

There was a blinding flash from the staff and a near-deafening CRACK as lightning exploded from its end, arcing over my head and striking Fraust in the chest. Just before impact the ice mage had been able to cast some sort of frozen blade attack using his dagger that sliced through the air towards August. I watched, horrified, as one embedded itself in August's upper arm, another in his side.

The mage dropped to a knee and I saw some blood spill out of him, splashing hotly to the stone floor. I looked over at Fraust briefly to ensure he was no longer a threat. He was in an unconscious, crumpled heap against a bookshelf. Books and splintered bits of wood were strewn over and around him. Smoke poured from his body where I could see a ragged scorch wound over much of his torso.

I hobbled in my ice block to where August was kneeling.

"Did he hurt you? Are you alright?" August asked as I reached him.

My mouth fell open. "Of course I am, how can you even ask me that in your state? You're bleeding everywhere!" My incredulity served to barely hide my concern.

He gave a pained smile. "I'm glad you're safe. You've always been so brave."

I watched helplessly as blood continued to pour from his side. "Stop talking, August, tell me how I can help you." I forced my voice to remain calm even though I was shaking. I had gone cold with worry.

The old mage fished around in one of his robe's pockets and pulled out a small greenish orb. He held it tightly and whispered "Lyfa."

As I sat with August he looked me over. "That ice should have dissipated when he lost consciousness. That means he put some enchantment in the spell."

"That doesn't matter." I said.

He grunted with pain as he crawled over to my legs, still bound in the freezing ice. As I looked down I began to realize I couldn't feel them anymore. They weren't just numb, the freeze that the ice caused was moving slowly up my body. By now I had no feeling at my waist.

"I c-can't feel them, I think it's spreading upward." My voice became choked with fear and my body was now shivering.

August flashed me a serious look. "Lawrence, I have to cast a spell to save your life, but I need your permission to do so. Time is of the essence."

"What? W-why do you need permission?" I asked dumbly.

"I promised you I wouldn't cast another spell on you, and I don't break my promises." He hoisted his staff over the ice with one hand and placed the other on my thigh above my frozen legs.

"Please let me do this!" He demanded. The pain of his injuries must be severe and yet here he was waiting for my approval to help save my life.

"Y-yes! Of course!" I shouted through clattering teeth.

There was a blast of intense heat and orange flames licked from the end of the staff. August's hand on my leg also began to glow red and it almost seemed like he was controlling the movement of fire to my insides. The pain was indescribable. I began to scream as it seemed I was being burned alive, inside and out. I didn't have to endure for long as the agony forced my consciousness away and I collapsed against the floor of the study. I had just enough time to wonder if I had died in that moment.

CHAPTER 7: DREAMS

I dreamed about ice, and fire. I would open my eyes sometimes and see August, standing over me, a worried look covering his face. Other times I would see the female mage, Lyfa, doing something near my feet but I would black out again and forget exactly what I had seen. I have no way of knowing for how long I slipped in and out of consciousness but when I was finally able to lift my eyelids and keep them up I saw August, sitting very close to me on a large bed I didn't recognize. I looked down at my side through bleary eyes and saw he was holding my hand in both of his. It felt warm and comforting so I didn't pull away.

"Welcome back." The mage said softly. He patted my hand gently.

My throat hurt and speaking proved difficult.

"Thanks." I croaked.

"I'm very sorry." August said with sadness in his voice. "It will take some time to heal. My fire had to completely burn the ice from you and that kind of magic takes a toll."

"But I'll live?" I asked groggily.

"Oh yes, you're strong, but you shouldn't walk around for a little while. You'll stay in here, with me, until you recover." August said firmly.

I took the time to view my surroundings. I was on a wide bed with tall wooden posts at each corner. A heavy blanket was over me to my chest. The room was quite sparse save for the bed, a table with stacks of books piled on top and two large armoires tucked into opposite corners.

"Is this your room?" I asked.

He nodded in affirmation. "I need to make sure you continue to heal, and you need to be comfortable for that." He said in a fatherly way.

"Where will you sleep?" I inquired.

He gave me a surprised look. "Well, it's a big bed, and it's also mine."

I frowned. "Not quite what I had in mind."

He gave me a wounded look. "Where would you have me sleep then? In your room?"

"Hey, it was good enough for me all this time." I managed.

"I can't believe the nerve!" He let go of my hand and stood. "I practically raised you from the dead, and you decide to banish me to your tiny room?"

"So you admit it's tiny." I said with a forced half-smile.

He laughed. "I'll stay in your room while you get better then, if it makes you more comfortable."

I decided to drop the act. "Nah, I guess you can stay. It being your room and all." I added with a smirk.

He leaned over me and rubbed a hand through my hair. He surprised me by giving me a gentle kiss on my forehead. The long whiskers of his beard lightly grazing my face. My heart pounded in response.

"Um, what's going on outside?" I asked, causing him to pull away and sit back on the bed beside me.

"Well, it's quiet again if that's what you mean." He said.

"They're gone?" I asked hopefully.

"All but Lyfa. Her magical gift is healing. I asked her to stay behind for a time to make sure you were on the mend. She also patched me up." August explained.

I had nearly forgotten how August had been attacked. He showed no signs of injury in his movements.

"And you're alright?" I asked, with a worried tone.

"Fine. Mages have a certain amount of immunity to magical attacks. The blades still cut me, but Lyfa sewed me up easily enough. The crippling spell of the shards that hit me wasn't hard to counteract." He expressed. "Thank you for your concern."

So Lyfa is a healing mage, and Fraust uses ice?" I asked.

"Yes that's right." August replied.

"So what about you? What's your magic?" I inquired.

"Well it's, weather I suppose. Fire and lightning are my specialties, though I dabble in lesser magics, illusions, rain... are you really interested?" He asked curiously.

"Of course I am, it's amazing what you can do." I responded quickly.

August gave me a warm look which caught me slightly off-guard.

"How is fire considered weather magic?" I asked.

The mage stroked his beard thoughtfully. "Fire is born of the sun, so in that regard it's not a stretch. It makes sense to me innately to cast fire magics at any rate." He replied.

"I guess I understand." I said. "And you're really okay?"

He gave me a stern look down his long nose. "Lawrence. I assure you I'm just fine, a sight better than you even."

I conceded. "Alright then. Anyway, I'm glad you're tougher than you look. I imagine it would get pretty lonely up here talking to myself." I joked.

"It would, believe me." August sighed.

"What about Fraust?" I asked, worry creeping back into my voice.

"Alive, but back in his own lands. Lyfa healed him and we all kept him bound until they left with him."

"Why would you even allow him to come into your home?" I asked angrily. I tried to sit up briefly but pain deep in my muscles caused me to lie flat again.

"That's not so easy to answer." August said after measuring his response. "I promise you I will explain everything to you soon. I hope that's enough of an answer for now."

"I know you keep your promises." I gave him a smile, and I swear he blushed.

"Go back to sleep, Lawrence." He said as he stood again. "I'll have some food for you when you wake up again."

"That's the second time you've called me Lawrence." I said quietly.

"I thought it was about time." August said with a shy smile.

I watched him slip out the doors and shut them behind him. With some effort I rolled onto my side and closed my eyes. I wasn't just still tired, I was weary down to my aching bones. I could have focused on the pain throughout my body, or on what had almost happened with Fraust, or how long I had been in this bed, but instead my mind wandered to thoughts of August. He had kissed me on the forehead and I could still feel the touch of him there. He had risked his own life to save mine. The idea of him slipping into bed next to me was exhilarating, but why was that? What did I really feel for the man? Sleep found me shortly thereafter and my head full of questions began to swim into dreams.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Gay Male
  • /
  • Mage, Man
  • /
  • Page ⁨6⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds