My Dream Santa

They silently made their way upstairs to their temporary bedroom.

***

Jennifer woke refreshed on Christmas morning, lying on her side, bum cheek to bum cheek with Junior. It seems that he was still asleep.

'Poor lamb,' she thought, 'all that work he had got through during that long night, yet he smiled all through that equally exhausting breakfast. The contrast between the current Santa and Junior and Junior with his Grandpa, was enormous. Georgianna was right, compared to his grumpy father, Junior is going to be one brilliant Santa.'

She reflected on the last few days, how adrift she had felt, afraid to admit that she couldn't attract or keep even an ordinary, rather disappointing man, who had proved to be a disrespectful cheat and a liar. She had expected more out of a relationship, and she wanted more, deserved more, like and honest exchange of love and respect.

Yet, here she was with this marvellous beautiful, magical man, currently keeping her warm in her bed, while being a thoroughly decent gentleman throughout all the time she had known him, and that was almost all her life that he had cared for her, even when he was disappointed by her choices. He had rescued her, had watched over her all his life and would always do so, without question. Always meant always for a Santa. She smiled, thinking of Old Nick and Geogianna, still absorbed in loving each other after two hundred years together. Magical, it was, like a fairy tale, and she had been a part of it for just a while. How wonderful it was how Junior cared for his animals, those soft, gentle and affectionate reindeer, the loving relationship he had with his grandparents, the deep affection his friends the elves had for him, which had, at least in part, been transferred enough to serve her while she was there.

But what did she feel deep down about Junior?

How would she feel, if she gave him up?

It was her right, her prerogative under the Santa prophecy; he was tied into it, only she could release him from his obligations towards her. What a power to hand to a woman, let alone a girl like Georgianna was when her Nick told her how he felt and was compelled to do. Even the prophecy itself, really made simple sense to her. Of course, someone who instinctively knew how good or bad someone is, would have a terrible time picking a mate. If she rejected Junior, he would have to compromise and possibly end up miserable like Young Nick and Hilde. And would he choose the beautiful Beata? How would she feel for the next hundred years or so knowing she was his second choice? She had also looked miserable at breakfast, sitting uncomfortably where she clearly didn't really belong. And how would Jennifer herself feel, if she decided to give him up? There would have to be a complete break between them, and her life would never be the same again. She would never again wake up during Christmas night, knowing Santa was there, reassuring her in his magical voice that everything was all right. There would have to be no more dream Santa. Would she be able to bear losing that? It had always been a part of her life. It had been a part of Bernadette's life too, but torn apart by war, she had decided their paths would separate. Had Bernadette been happy with her choice a few years down the line?

She bumped Santa with her bum.

"It is all right," he said, brightly, "I am awake. Just allowing you time to collect your thoughts."

He turned over and she fitted into his arms as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

"Do you always know what I'm thinking?" Jennifer asked.

"Not exactly, but I know when you are in reflective mood. In fact, any idiot would predict that after last night and this morning that you would have much to reflect on."

He kissed her forehead. That naturally led to more kisses, delicious kisses that delighted them both.

"We better go down, I think," she said, "I need to go to the bathroom first, anyway."

As soon as the bedroom door opened, she could smell the dinner cooking. Jennifer realised that despite the lavish breakfast laid on at the North Pole, she had been so engrossed in conversation with Georgianna, she'd not actually touched a morsel.

In the bathroom, Jennifer used her phone to call Satish, to pass on season's greetings to her best friend, and tell her about the new man in her life.

"So, this man rescues you from breaking down in the snow, he fixes your car that Scott had virtually run into the ground, he saves you from Scott's clutches, having been encouraged to sleep with you by your Mum, he flies you in his plane -"

"His dad's plane-"

"All right, he flies you in his dad's plane to his parents' fabulous estate, where his Mum is trying to fix him up with a different beautiful blonde girl, then he flies you safely home again, he sleeps with you without forcing his natural intentions on you ... right so? Yes? And you are still wondering whether to marry him or not?"

"Well, when you put it like that...."

"Your courtship sounds more dramatic than even my arranged marriage! Of course, even if you have only known him a couple of days and you feel he is the right man for you, than marry him, and marry him as soon as you can. If there is anything you are unsure of, then just wait a few weeks until you know him better."

"There is one more thing Satish, something I haven't told you. You know those recurring dreams I told you about regarding visitations from Santa?.... Well, you may find this hard to believe, but...."

***

"Oh, lovely, you're both up," smiled Lisa, hearing them come down the stairs together arm in arm, "coffee or tea?"

"Tea for me Lisa," replied Junior, "Merry Christmas, Lisa," giving her a squeeze and a chaste kiss on the cheek.

"Merry Christmas, Mum," grinned Jennifer, embracing her, I better have tea, too, I've been drinking chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows all night!"

They exchanged greetings in the lounge with Jack, Stephanie and Scott, and then Lisa pointedly asked Jennifer to help her out in the kitchen.

"Well, how did you get on meeting with Junior's parents?" she asked as soon as the kitchen door closed behind them.

"Not so well, to be honest, Mum. You will laugh at one coincidence though ... they had only gone and invited the girl along that they wanted Junior to marry!"

"No! Really?"

Jennifer nodded, grinning madly.

"Was she an old girlfriend?"

"No, but it was a girl that he had met once before."

"Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry about bringing Scott back into your life," Lisa said, "So, tell me, what was this preferred girl like?"

"Beautiful, tall and leggy, blonde and blue-eyed. Honestly, she was an absolute walking wet dream for any full-bloodied man, and his parents already love her to bits. And the poor girl is being used like a ping pong ball."

"But what does Junior think about her?"

"Junior likes everybody, Mum, but I think ... no, I am certain that he loves me, loves me only and that he will love me for all eternity."

"Oh, Jen, I think that is obvious to everyone who sees you two together," Lisa put her arms around her daughter, "You know I thought that Scott was a real catch for you, but Junior is in another league altogether, now that we have got to know him a little more. But, what matters is, what do you feel about him? Because, if you want him, you had better make sure that you do not let this one slip through your fingers."

"I don't know if it's love, Mum. I don't have anything to go on. I realise now that I was never in love with Scott, I just preferred being with him rather than being alone. The only thing I know is that I care and feel more for Junior than I have ever felt about anybody."

"More than Scott?"

"Much, much more. Scott angered and upset me by his betrayal, and we broke up. I didn't see him for eight months, but in all that time I never missed him, not for a moment. He may have made me feel bad about myself for a while, all the time that we were together, actually, but he never broke my heart. So I couldn't have loved him. But now I know that if I lost Junior, Mum, I know that I would be desolated."

"Oh, Jen, you are so much more well off without that Scott."

"Mum! You tried to force us together, don't forget, and that was only the day before yesterday!"

"I know! I know and I apologise completely for that. He was not the man for you, I know that now, I think I always knew that in the back of my mind, but I was so concerned that you would end up alone. In fact, while your Dad and I were going through a bad patch, Scott somehow knew that Andy had cheated on me. I suppose cheaters recognise other cheaters. Scott touched me up a couple of Christmases in a row, trying to tempt me into his bed, while you were still in the house. I didn't say anything dear, because, quite frankly, I didn't think you'd get anyone better, and didn't want you to grow into an old maid. But now, darling, you have this glow about you, like someone who loves someone and is loved by someone. Junior is gorgeous and he's gentlemanly. He's a definite keeper, Jen, just don't muck this one up."

"I won't, I think, now that I have admitted that I would be desolated without him, it must mean I really do love him."

"So you'll take him, even though his parents don't like you at all?"

"If he asks me, then yes. I will grab his sweet heart in both hands and worship him as long as he lives. Anyway, his grandparents seem to like me, and Georgianna is lovely."

"They must be getting on in years though, dear?"

"Yes, but they are both quite spritely. She's English, the youngest daughter of a bishop she said. She is very grand, but so lovely and friendly. Nick Senior is, or was, I think, some sort of Russian Count. Junior's parents are Polish, of German extraction, but he was brought up over here in Oxfordshire."

"So what's their place like?"

"It's a wooden lodge, like a Swiss chalet. It is warm and comfortable, set in a small village, a sort of wonderful mix of rural charm and sophisticated elegance."

"Where is it, Scandinavia?"

"Yes, sort of, but a long way north. Absolutely surrounded by snow. You need to fly to get there."

"Would you move there if you married?"

"No, Mum, certainly not straight away. He has a house being built here, at West End Green. I am seeing it tomorrow, on our way round to Dad's."

"So you'd move back here?" Lisa got excited, "that would be wonderful, I do so worry about you in London, especially now I know you're alone."

"Yes, London's not so great living on your own. It can be desperately lonely. Actually, I am thinking of working for Webster's and learning all I can about the business , before taking up Dad's offer to take over his business when he retires in five years."

"Oh, he has mentioned that in the past. It sounds as though you've already made up your mind about Junior, Jennifer!"

"Maybe I have," she smiled, "but the ball's now in his court. He has to do the asking."

Christmas dinner at Lisa's was quite a lively affair, with everyone enjoying talking about the presents that Jennifer and Junior had given them. Even Scott was impressed by his hair products. Jennifer received a jade necklace that would be perfect to go with the green silk dress. And Jennifer's dip into Santa's sack had produced a smart watch through which Jennifer could keep in constant contact with Junior even if she had to work her notice back in London for a month.

After their sumptuous dinner, the snow had practically disappeared from the roads around Jennifer's home town, so Scott shook hands with everyone before taking his leave for the last time, saying he wanted to get home to London before it was too dark.

When the five left behind retired to relax in the sitting room, Junior drew Jennifer's attention to one outstanding present still left hanging on the tree. It was a small cube, wrapped in red paper.

"It's addressed to us," he announced, "what do you think, shall I open it, Jen?"

"Yes, why not?"

There was a red box inside the wrapper, and he bent down on one knee in front of her.

"Jennifer Webster," he asked, "will you consent to marry me and make me the happiest man in the world?"

The ring he offered was a large opal shaped diamond surrounded by a circle of tiny but bright green emeralds.

"Yes," Jennifer said with undisguised pleasure, "I will. Indeed I will, Junior, you are the only one for me."

Junior placed the ring on her ring finger. It was a perfect fit. They kissed.

A single bell rang from inside Junior's red sack, which was empty and folded neatly on top of the few presents that the family had put together for him on Christmas Eve.

Junior broke off his kiss and smiled, "It's only a time alarm set for this point, when Jen accepted my troth."

From the apparently empty sack he drew forth some card envelopes stained in the deepest crimson ink, "Mr & Mrs Brandlow, this is your invitation, and Miss Stephanie Brandlow, this is yours." He handed them their already addressed cards.

Jennifer raised her eyebrows for explanation.

"It is a family tradition of ours to become engaged on Christmas Day, Jen, and for the parents of the Groom-to-be to announce the betrothal at a Ball held that very night in the honour of the Bride-to-be and her family," Junior smiled, holding out both hands for Jennifer to fall back into, turning to see her family open their cards, "and, as you are all now family, you are invited to a special gathering on the family estate, tonight."

Jack read out the invitation, "It reads 'Nikolas & Hilde, requests the pleasure of the company of Mr & Mrs John Brandlow at the Celebration of The Betrothal between their only Son, Nicholas & Jennifer Louise Webster, at the family community hall, on the Feast of Saint Stephen, meet at Webster's Haulage at 6pm sharp. Dress for going to the Ball. RSVP unnecessary.' Wow! What a fantastic card, beautifully handwritten."

"They're made on Junior's family estate," Jennifer said, "just wait, you guys, their place will absolutely knock your socks off!"

"What would you have done with these cards, 'June', if Jen had said 'no' to your proposal??" Steph asked. 'June' apparently being her preferred shortening of Junior's name.

"That, Steph, was never gonna happen," Jennifer got in before her fiancé could reply, "Junior is the only man for me, he is my dream partner in life and I hope to always remain his."

"But I've got nothing to wear to a Ball," wailed Lisa, "absolutely nothing!"

"I, we," said Junior, "took the liberty, a little earlier, of having evening wear prepared for you, it is a speciality of the family business you know, along with a range of appropriate accessories. They are, even now, hanging on the front of your wardrobes waiting for you to put them on."

Stephanie squealed, "I must go look!" and ran from the room. She was stunned when she got back, tears brimming in her eyes, "It's beautiful, 'June', Jen! White and real gold thread, and the necklace and bracelet.... Lisa, Mum, would you help me try it on, now?"

"Of course, dear," Lisa's eyes brimmed with tears too, her lovely step-daughter, who had been coping without a mother the whole of her young life, calling her 'Mum' for the first time, "we'll try it on now."

"For this dress, I'll need my hair pinned up...." Stephanie began.

"Wear warm casual clothing tomorrow night," Junior said, "Jen and I will repack your gowns once you've tried them on. There are hairdressers and a beauty parlour in the village and I assure you that you will all be booked in, to get you fully ready to dazzle at the Ball."

"But we'll be a tight squeeze in your plane for the five of us, Junior, only four seats isn't it?" Jack asked.

"My father can be a bit grumpy at times, especially over Christmas, Sir, but he loves any opportunity to fly one of our executive jets, so there will be plenty of room for us all, including Jen's father Andy's guests."

"Executive jets?" Lisa said, feeling faint.

***

As soon as he entered the bedroom that evening, after cleaning his teeth, Junior knew that his life would change and never be the same again after this Christmas Night. The main light was off, the only dim warm light emanated from a bedside lamp with a thin silk scarf tossed over it. Jennifer was in bed already and, as he stepped into the bedroom and closed the door behind him, she drew back rather more than the duvet covering on his side of the bed and beckoned him forward with her index finger.

"You're not wearing your pyjamas, Jen," he observed.

"No, I'm not," she replied, her voice taking on a new huskiness, partly from anticipation, partly lust, boosted by the confidence of being completely loved for who she was, "but then we are, after all, promised to one another for the rest of our lives, so from here it looks like you might be somewhat overdressed."

Junior's dressing gown was already untied, ready to slip off his shoulders. He shucked the gown in an instant, pulled the pyjama jacket over his head without bothering with the buttons and, with his thumbs, pushed his bottoms over his hips and dropped them to the floor. He stepped out of them and stood before his fiancé, naked for the first time.

"You're a beautiful man, Junior," Jennifer breathed appreciatively, "I realise that I have loved you and wished for this moment ever since you appeared in my life."

"Me too," he said, "I have waited, oh how long I have waited."

"And how long, say when I was too young?" she asked coyly.

"No, then you were too young," he answered.

"And when I was with Scott?"

"You were with Scott."

"And now you are with me?"

"I am with you all the way, my darling Jennifer."

"Then come over here and come with me, my darling."

And they did, repeatedly.

***

After Boxing Day breakfast, the happy couple drove off to her Dad's' house to announce their engagement. But on the way, Junior showed her the shell of the new large family home being built on Hollyhock Hill, on the edge of town, just off the exclusive west end of the village green. The back of the property was overlooking Forestry Commission land, full of Christmas trees all the way to the horizon. The snow from the other day still weighed down the boughs, to Jennifer it looked like she imagined Lapland would look. The final internal finish and furnishing of the house was for Jennifer to oversee in the new year.

For Jennifer, the two days just zoomed by at her Mum's, where she introduced her fiancé to her family, including the other teenagers, Kendra and Mica, children Oliver the eldest, and girls Ronnie, Judy, Andy, her new step-mother Kayla, with her Dad's step children, Jimmy 8, Karine 3 and Monika 18 months. All received their invitations, gowns, suits and details of crèche facilities and luxury accommodations at the village, and assurances that all will be returned home in plenty of time for work on Tuesday.

So, Boxing Night they all flew off to the North Pole to announce their engagement to the large Claus family.

On the plane, the flight time being only a quarter of an hour, Junior explained, as they overflew the miracle which is the North Pole in this magical dimension, that they were all sworn to secrecy, in fact they will find themselves magically unable to discuss it, if non-family people are within earshot.

At the Ball, Junior and Jennifer were met by the elegant Georgianna and Nicholas Senior, immediately after formal presentation to his stiff parents.

"I think you can safely call me 'Grandma', now Jen," Georgianna said as they exchanged kisses cheek to cheek, "welcome to the family. There's someone upstairs who is dying to meet you. Junior, I am stealing your intended away for a few moments."

He nodded.

The lodge where the Ball was taking place, was a huge ballroom, with a band at one end and lined along the sides with tables and chairs, cheerful elves running between the tables ladened with trays of drinks and snacks. Georgianna led Jennifer up the steps to the gallery which ran all around above the ballroom, again lined with tables and chairs, but there were also deep alcoves, where quiet meetings and family socialising could take place. She led Jennifer into one of these.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 157 milliseconds