• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy
  • /
  • Outer Demon
  • /
  • Page ⁨7⁩

Outer Demon

"Just say the truth," he shrugged, flashing a grin. "Show people who you really are."

"I just do not know-" she said, looking away.

Outstretching his hand, he gently squeezed her shoulder. She gave a little yelp as he brought her eyes back to his.

"They'll accept you," he promised. "Brunswick is full of good people. Trust me, okay?"

Taking a deep breath, Julie closed her eyes. When she opened them again, she nodded confidently.

"Okay," she smiled. "I trust you."

"Then let's get going!" Joshua laughed. "There's a party in our honor, after all!"

********************

The whole town had gathered in the town square. Dozens of tables lined the cobbled street in a U shape, with two enormous tables at the center of the U practically overflowing with the mouthwatering bounty of the village. Roast rabbits, wild game stew, baked potatoes, pumpkin pie...Brunswick village may have been small, but its inhabitants really knew how to cook up a storm when the occasion called for it.

Nobody had begun eating yet; it seemed they were waiting for the announcement to occur first. The village elder, a wizened old man using a knobbed staff to support his hunched body, was waiting in front of the town hall, along with all ten of the people that had been rescued from the slavers. Esther spotted the approaching Julie and Joshua, and waved them over with an excited shout. The whole town turned to look at their two heroes, a few of the townsfolk sending cheers and claps their way. Julie turned and returned their attention with an earnest wave, doing her best to offer a convincing smile. The end result was a bizarre trembling of her lips that earned her more than a few confused looks.

Squeezing Julie's shoulder to reassure her, Joshua laughed and exchanged greetings with the townsfolk, taking over for her. After stopping to exchange a few words with some of the crowd, the pair arrived at the assembled group in front of the town hall. A small stage had been prepared for the occasion, featuring the same podium that the village elder used to give his monthly speeches. The elder approached them, nodding sagely.

"Young miss Esther here," he started, gesturing to girl behind him, "has informed me of the situation. Are you prepared, miss Julie? Or do you require additional time?"

"I am ready, Elder," Julie nodded. "Thank you."

"And you, Master Kraus?" the elder asked. Joshua held back his smile. No one else in the entire village called him by his last name. It was kind of endearing, how stubborn the elder when it came to people's names. Once he had decided on one, that was the end of it.

"I am ready as well, Elder," Joshua answered.

"Very good, very good," he repeated, stepping onto the stage. So short was his stature, that he was barely able to see over the top of the podium. He used a block of wood already prepared under the podium to elevate himself, reaching a more reasonable height. Then he brought his staff down upon the wood of the stage in two, firm motions. The sound made a loud thwap, thwap, that carried throughout the murmurings of the assembled crowd. He cleared his throat, and began to speak. Despite the man's small stature, he carried a powerful air of authority about him.

"Everyone, grant me your attention," he said. "It is nearly time for our celebration to begin. Tonight, let us openly express our joy - let us rejoice! For we have been granted a miracle, and our lost sheep have been returned to us. Tonight, my friends, let us eat, drink, and be merry. But before that...let us give thanks to the two that made this miracle possible!"

The elder gestured towards Julie and Joshua, then stepped off the podium and moved to the side. The pair took their cue and advanced, taking his place on the stage. A rising peal of applause accompanied them as they took their positions, and a few people cheered and whistled, overjoyed to have their friends and family back. Joshua nodded at his wife, silently indicating for her to go first. Composing herself as the applause died down, she took one last deep breath, and nodded to herself.

"Thank you, everyone," she began in her usual, calm monotone. "I am deeply glad to have been able to reunite you with your friends, your partners, and your children. And I am deeply fortunate to be a part of this community. I would like to thank all of you for welcoming me so openly...I have grown to care very deeply for Brunswick and its people."

Knowing that she couldn't deliver a convincing smile, Julie settled for a nod, pausing briefly as she cast her eyes out over the audience, making eye contact with as many people as she could.

"But I have a confession to make," she admitted. "For I have been lying to you all."

Confused murmurs spread throughout the crowd. Julie held up a hand, urging them to stop.

She swallowed. She could feel the weight of their eyes.

It was now or never.

"The truth is," she started, "that I have been lying to you all since I first arrived here, two years ago. Everyone, the truth is that I am not a human. I am a monster that has been hiding among you."

To accentuate her point, she released the power that was concealing her horns, allowing them to sprout back out of her head. Brushing her hair out of her face, she allowed the crowd a moment to digest her words.

"What? What did she say?"

"Julie is a monster?"

"That can't be right!"

"Bah, I always knew there was something weird about her."

"Why did she lie, though?"

"Honestly, I'm not surprised."

"Aren't monsters supposed to be evil?"

"She has horns?"

"Why would a monster save people?"

"She wasn't a spy or something?"

Joshua stepped in, clearing his throat and speaking up.

"Everyone," he started, "try and think about what we actually knew about monsters. Have any of you ever actually met one?"

Nobody in the crowd raised their hand. Of course they hadn't - they were safe, far away from the war with the monsters. Right?

"Ignore the Order propaganda for a minute," he urged. "Without their books, their pamphlets, and their sermons, how much did we actually know about monsters? Pretty much nothing, right?"

The crowd offered vague murmurs of consent.

"Well," Joshua continued. "Here's the first monster that all of us have ever met! And what has she done for us?"

"She saved my sister from becoming a slave!" a woman shouted.

"And my son," a gruff man replied.

"And my wife!" another man echoed.

"That's right!" Joshua shouted. "And even before the slaver attack, Julie was a genuine part of Brunswick! She had a trade, she had friends! Does that sound like the kind of monster that you thought you knew?"

The crowd muttered uncertainties. Some people seemed willing to accept her - others needed more encouragement.

"Monsters aren't evil!" Joshua cried. Turning to the group of ten people behind them, he beckoned for them to step forward. They advanced in shuffling steps, coming up behind him.

"Jason," he urged, approaching one of the men in the line. "You inspected all of the defeated slavers. Tell everyone, did Julie kill any of them? Did she even give them any serious wounds?"

"It's true," Jason sighed, stepping up and addressing the crowd. "It's true! When I first saw her, I thought that we were surely all dead. She tossed those bastards around like they were toys! I swear, I've never seen a stronger creature in my life!"

"Anyway," he continued. "She coulda killed those damn bastards. Had one pinned beneath her - coulda squished his head like a pancake. But...she didn't. The worst that any of them got was a couple'a broken bones."

"Sarah," Joshua continued, addressing a blonde woman in the line, knowing that he still needed to press the attack. "You were in the first cage to be freed. What happened? You were terrified, right?"

"It's true," Sarah nodded. "When I saw this horrible, black thing - no offense, Jules, - I thought I was going to be eaten. But, she didn't hurt any of us! She grabbed the cages with her bare hands and tore them apart! She saved us!"

The village elder nodded and stepped forward, cracking his staff against the stage again.

"I would implore all of you to reflect on your understanding of miss Julie," he said. "Has she ever acted in a manner that would deserve our mistrust? I think you will find that she has not."

"Julie's still a hero!" someone shouted. "Monster or not!"

"Mom, doesn't she look cool?"

"I still can't believe this..."

"Yeah, Julie is a good person!"

"Why did you hide?" asked a stern, elderly voice. Julie turned and recognized a face in the crowd - her master, the herbalist that she studied under and lived with. The crowd quieted, allowing the woman to repeat her question.

"Why did you hide this?" the herbalist repeated. "Did you not trust us?"

"Of course I trusted you," Julie explained. "I was...afraid. I was afraid that everyone would hate me if they learned the truth."

"You should have told me," the herbalist sighed. Then, she straightened her posture and looked over the crowd with a stern gaze. "Even as a monster, my apprentice is an intelligent and honest woman, and one of outstanding moral character. I will personally vouch for her."

"I am sorry, everyone," Julie said, her heart swelling with warmth at her master's display of confidence. "I wish I could have told you sooner...I wish I had not lied to you."

"She saved my son's life," the gruff man from earlier repeated with a shrug. "I don't give a damn what some kook in a robe says. Her actions speak for her, and that's what we've always respected in Brunswick."

"Hear, hear," the village elder nodded. "Everyone, let's voice our appreciation! Three cheers for Julie, I say!"

"Hip hip-" Joshua started.

Hurray! the crowd shouted back.

He grinned, allowing the elder to take over the next cheers. He glanced at his wife, her exposed eye fluttering back to look at him.

No one else could see it, but she was wearing the warmest smile that he had ever seen.

********************

With that out of the way, the celebrations began. The festivities held everything you could want from a small town faire. There was more than enough food for everyone to eat their fill, and the sounds of clinking glasses and clattering plates filled the air, joined with the sounds of dozens of pleasant dinner conversations. The blacksmith brought out his guitar, strumming a few notes for the townsfolk to dance to. His wife joined him soon after, adding her harmonica to the mix. The population of Brunswick ate, laughed, drank, danced, and sung the night away in merriment. Some were calm, others raucous, but all were filled with joy, and welcomed their new neighbor - Julie, the nightgaunt - into the fold.

For his part, Joshua was content to sit with his sister and his wife for most of the evening. They ate in comfortable quiet, sharing a few jokes and thinking about their plans for the future.

"You forgot to reveal that you got married," Esther frowned, fidgeting with her fork. "Some people are still going to be wondering why two people came out of the goo monster that saved them."

"The mood wasn't right," Joshua sighed. "I didn't forget. I just didn't think it was the appropriate moment, is all."

"I agree," Julie nodded. "We can simply wait until the next town meeting. I think the news should go over much more smoothly, then."

"I suppose that makes sense," Esther sighed. "Still, how disappointing! Everyone was cheering and shouting for Julie, and you barely said anything after that, Josh!"

"He did not need to," Julie sighed. "I knew."

The couple looked at each other, smiling their affections for each other.

"Gross," Esther blanched. "Keep it behind closed doors, please. But hey, random thought..."

"What's on your mind, Est?" her brother asked, struggling to avoid rolling his eyes. Julie took a spoonful of soup from her bowl, bringing it up to her lips and blowing air to cool it off.

"Can nightgaunts turn human women into other nightgaunts?" Esther asked neutrally.

Julie froze up, sending a few drops of the soup spilling over the edge of the spoon.

"Yes," Julie answered. "Why do-"

"Just curious," Esther said, shaking her head. "Seriously. I've got no plans to run off and become a monster. And even if I did, you better believe that it wouldn't involve the two of you! Seeing the two of you naked once was more than enough for me, thanks."

"Right," Joshua frowned. "Can we just...never mention that again? Ever?"

"I would like that as well," Julie sighed.

"Well," Esther said, stretching out and getting up from the table. "I think I'll go and talk with some friends of mine. But before I go..."

Esther leaned across the table, gesturing for Julie to meet her halfway. She complied, and Esther whispered something into her ear.

"Are you sure?" Julie frowned. "You do not have to-"

"What, are you kidding me?" Esther frowned. "You saying you don't want to?"

"No, I-" Julie cut herself off, cheeks beginning to flare violet. Then she looked down at the table, wearing a meek expression.

"Thank you, Esther," she added.

"Yep," the younger girl sighed. "Alright, I'll see you two later."

As she departed, Joshua turned to his wife.

"What'd she tell you?" he asked.

"That is for me to know," Julie smiled. "And you to find out."

********************

Joshua and Julie eventually made their way home, their minds sloshing with the sensations of mild inebriation. They hadn't had that much alcohol during the celebrations, just the right amount to feel comfortably warm and bubbly inside. Brunswick cider really had a knack for drawing that feeling out, they realized.

"You know," Joshua said, closing his home's door behind him, "maybe tomorrow you should pay a visit to the tailor. Now that you don't need to hide, you could probably have your clothes adjusted to fit your wings and tail."

"I think I shall," Julie nodded. "It will be nice to let my horns and tail out. But did I not already tell you? I no longer have wings."

"Say what?" he blinked. "You had to permanently give up your wings, too?"

Julie nodded.

"But," Joshua frowned, "doesn't that mean you can never fly again?"

"No, silly," Julie giggled. "I can still fly. But only with you."

"Ah, right," he said. "We should try that, soon. Flying sounds like a lot of fun."

"It is a wonderful experience," Julie nodded. "I very much wish to share it with you."

"I'm looking forward to it."

Joshua glanced around his home, listening intently and frowning.

"Where's Est?" he asked. "Didn't she come home before us?"

Julie locked her hands behind her waist, swaying side to side and smiling demurely. Tilting his head curiously, he awaited her explanation.

"Remember when your sister whispered something to me?" she asked. "It was about this. She wanted to swap rooms for the night."

"Meaning she's sleeping in your bed at the herbalist's place?" he blinked, scratching an itch on the back of his head.

"Yes," Julie nodded. "She wanted us to have the house to ourselves for the night."

"Looking for an escape route," Joshua chuckled. "I really need to get her something nice, tomorrow."

"I would like to get her something, as well," Julie nodded. "What do you think she would like?"

"Let's worry about that tomorrow," he said.

Lips curling up in a mischievous smile, Joshua closed the gap with his wife and locked his arms around her, pulling her close.

"Because," he grinned. "I have more immediate needs."

"And what could that be?" she giggled.

Joshua said nothing, squeezing her gently with his arms before lowering his head to hers, placing his mouth right next to her ear.

"You," he whispered.

She hummed in anticipation, angling her face towards his and pressing her lips against him. Realizing that it was the first time that he had kissed her in his new body, Joshua found that he could taste her. Her sweet lips were soft, warm, and delightfully feminine. They held their kiss for a few moments, offering each other their love. Eventually, Julie broke the kiss and pressed her hands against her husband's chest, pushing him backwards.

"I have been waiting for this all night," she cooed. "May I take your clothes off?"

"With pleasure," he grinned.

Leaning forward, Julie planted one more brief kiss on his lips. Reaching her hands across his chest, she pushed up at his arms, instructing him to lift them. He did so, and she tugged his shirt off, folded it, and tossed it onto the dinner table. Running her hands across her husband's muscles, she sighed happily, tracing her fingertips across the ridges of his chest and arms.

"This is a nice form for you, as well," she said, gazing at him longingly.

"I don't recall having quite so much muscle mass," he admitted. "Or feeling quite so tall."

Glancing at himself, Joshua confirmed what he had suspected before. His chest was definitely bigger than before, with more defined muscles. His shoulders were broader, his legs thicker, and it seemed he had grown an inch or two taller.

"Your body has changed," Julie nodded. "This is how I saw you, before. And now it is your true self."

"You really thought I looked like this?" Joshua blinked. "I'm flattered."

"I hope that you will show me just how grateful you are," she purred.

"I plan to," he grinned.

Joshua brought his hands to Julie's chest, giving her breasts a gentle squeeze as he began to play with her.

"Nngh," Julie groaned, shoulders tensing at his touch. "J-Joshua..."

"Come on," he said, letting go of her breasts and taking her hand. "Bedroom."

"Yes," she said enthusiastically. "Please."

********************

Joshua practically pushed her into the bedroom, grappling with her and tugging her sweater over her head, casting it aside. Julie undid her own bra, letting it fall to the floor without a second thought.

"Joshua," she whined. "I have waited for this for so long..."

"Let your tail out," he grinned, hiking down her skirt and panties with a single motion. "I want to see you."

Joshua's bedroom was dark, not having any windows for moonlight to filter through. But with his enhanced vision, he could make her out with perfect clarity. His grin grew even wider as her tail sprouted from above her buttocks, stretching out and elongating itself. Once it was finished growing, he took the tip of her tail between his fingers, pinching it gently and rubbing his fingers along it. Julie moaned softly, stepping towards him and pressing herself into him. Her stiffening nipples poked into his bare chest, inciting him further.

Gods, he really just couldn't stop grinning!

"J-Joshua," she panted, crossing her arms around him. "It is cold...please, keep me warm..."

"Gladly," he chuckled, quickly undoing his own pants and undergarments before moving onto his boots and socks. Julie took the opportunity to undo her own footwear, and now the pair were both completely naked. Joshua felt the chill of the winter air as well, but the growing heat inside of him was far stronger.

There was no denying it now. Already, his skin was darkening and becoming more fluid as he unconsciously changed forms. He was a monster, now, and his monstrous instincts were demanding that he take what he wanted.

"I want you," he growled, reaching down and firmly grabbing her ass cheeks. His body rapidly lost solidity, and he fully shifted into his ooze form, his lust quite literally dripping from him.

"Yes!" she squeaked. "I want you, too. Please, Joshua, I have waited so long for this! Please do not make me wait any longer!"

Kneading the soft flesh of her ass, he began to coat her with his dark substance. The slime that composed his torso spread out on his own, crossing between them and rapidly covering his wife's chest, already beginning to squeeze and massage her of its own accord. Squirming, Julie let out a shuddering breath, then looked up into her husband's eyes.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy
  • /
  • Outer Demon
  • /
  • Page ⁨7⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 12 milliseconds