Righting A Wrong

He questioned her about the case, cautioned her about the dangerous game she was playing.

"It's not a game," he said, getting to his feet. "Lisa Jones finds out you're helping Russell Jones she could have you disbarred.

"Need to see them pictures again?" Penny asked.

"No; just got back from Hop Kim's," Donald smiled tightly.

"What'd you have?" Penny smiled.

"What they said was Sweet and sour chicken," Donald admitted.

"No, no, no," Penny admonished. "Their Kung Pow chicken is the only thing worth eating there."

"Stuff gives me the squirts," Donald admitted.

"Enough," Penny held up a hand.

At four o'clock, she bade Ethel and Gail a good night and drove to the playground.

"Hi Katy," Penny smiled as she walked past the girl.

"Hi," Katy said not looking up from the game of jacks that she was playing.

Cookie lay, panting in the heat, only a foot away from the girl. Her tail wagged slightly as she recognized Penny and recognized that Penny had not been a threat in the past.

"Hi Cookie; you're a good girl, huh?" Penny crooned to the beast.

"Hey Coach," Joshua sang out. "Your girlfriend's here!"

"Really?" Russell said. "Hmm, could have sworn she was your girlfriend."

"No she's not!" Joshua cried out.

"Oh yeah," Russell teased. "Said she really likes the way you kiss and smooch and all that stuff."

"Shut up!" Joshua cried out, blushing hotly.

Russell trotted over to check on Katy, nodding in acknowledgement to Penny.

"Need you to bring Katy to my office next Thursday," Penny said as he trotted back to the field after checking on Katy.

"Okay; why?" Russell asked, skidding to a stop.

INFORMATION GATHERING

Ethel smiled as she greeted Dr. Leblanc, a pleasantly plump woman in her late forties.

"Hi; where's Gail?" Dr. Leblanc asked.

"Her husband got a job in San Antonio," Ethel smiled. "Said it was a little too far to commute so..."

"Some people, huh?" Dr. Leblanc laughed.

"Melanie; how are you?" Penny asked, entering from the small coffee room.

"I'm good, I'm good; now, tell me about this case," Dr. Leblanc said, following Penny into her office.

Dr. Leblanc lost her easy smile as Penny outlined what had transpired from the moment she took the case one and a half years ago until now.

"You ask me, Judge Duplantis could use a little psychotherapy," Dr. Leblanc muttered.

"So, you'll be in the conference room," Penny said.

"Oh, come on, Penny! That room's so stuffy! You really expect those children to feel comfortable in there?" Dr. Leblanc protested.

"Then where?" Penny asked.

"Ethel, any calls for me, please transfer them to the conference room," Penny snapped, coming out of her office.

Ethel fought down her smile as she could see Dr. Leblanc's amused grin behind Penny's back.

Twenty minutes later, Ethel switched on the recorder as Latavius, Lisa and L.J. sat in the waiting room. Latavius was telling his son what to say and what not to say when 'you talking to that bitch doctor.'

Ethel didn't know if anything she recorded could be of use, but the loud, arrogant man was telling his kid to flat out lie to the doctor.

"Hi! I'm Dr. Leblanc!" Melanie smiled sweetly at L.J. and warmly greeted Lisa and Latavius.

"So, what's 'L.J.' stand for?" she asked as she ushered the boy into the office.

At the time that Melanie was finishing her interview with Latavius Junior, Russell and Katy were visiting Aunt Melissa at Pine Grove Assisted Living Center.

Russell hated to admit it, but his sister looked happy, healthy. She showed him her collection of water color painting and some of them were quite good.

"Miss Connie says I'm real good; I even know my colors," Melissa bragged.

"I know my colors too!" Katy told her aunt. "I know blue, and green and red and..."

"Hello, Mr. Jones," Amanda smiled warmly. "Melissa, it's time for our walk. Your brother and niece can go with you if they want."

The walk consisted of a twenty minute trek around the periphery of Pine Grove's property. There were twelve clients and four orderlies and one nurse, as well as Amanda Marcoloni. Russell and Katy walked alongside Melissa. The clients and the staff chattered happily to one another as they walked a haphazard trail.

"I can run real fast," Andre, an African-American client bragged to Russell.

"You can?" Russell asked.

"Yeah, want to see?" Andre asked.

"Why don't we race?" Russell asked. "Here, Katy, you hold onto Aunt Melly's hand."

"Okay, to that tree, okay?" Russell said.

"Go!" Katy cried out.

Russell let Andre win and congratulated the thirty four year old man.

"You seen that, Miss Amanda?" Andre repeated for the rest of their walk. "Huh? You seen that? I beat him. I ran real fast. You seen that?"

After their visit was over, Russell drove over to the law office. His eyes narrowed as he watched Lisa, Latavius, and L.J. get into Lisa's old compact and drive away.

He waited until the car was out of sight before getting Katy out of her car seat; he did not relish a confrontation with Lisa and Latavius, not with his daughter right there.

Ethel smiled widely, recognizing Lucas' baseball coach.

"Hi," she said brightly. "You must be Katy!"

"Yeah," Katy agreed.

"Yes ma'am," Russell corrected.

"Yes ma'am," Katy said.

"They're not finished just yet," Ethel informed Russell.

To Katy she smiled.

"Do you know how to play Jacks?" she asked.

"Uh huh," Katy said.

"Yes ma'am," Russell corrected.

Ten minutes later, Penny smiled as she saw Ethel sitting on the floor, playing Jacks with Katy. Her smile widened as she saw that Russell's attention was on his daughter, not on the good amount of Ethel's cleavage that was visible as Ethel bent forward, or on the expanse of Ethel's thighs visible as the hem of her skirt was up to nearly her crotch.

"Hi, Miss Richards; that's Miss Richards," Ethel said, directing Katy's attention to the lawyer.

"Hi, Katy," Penny smiled. "I see you're playing Jacks; do you like Jacks?"

"Uh huh," Katy agreed as Ethel got up off the floor and sat back down at her desk.

"Yes ma'am," Russell corrected.

"I don't know how to play Jacks; will you show me?" Melanie Leblanc asked as she greeted Katy.

"So, um, what's going to happen now?" Russell asked Penny as Katy and Melanie went into Penny's office.

"As Ms. Jones' lawyer, I cannot discuss any of that with you," she said loudly.

"Oh, okay, sorry," Russell said.

"But I think it's going to be all right," Penny whispered to him, stepping close to him.

He could smell her scent; a mixture of her perfume, deodorant and sweat. Her breath was heavily tinged with coffee; but it was not an unpleasant smell.

"Would you like a coffee? Water? We have some diet..." Penny offered.

"Coffee would be great," Russell agreed.

:What you take in it?" Ethel asked, getting to her feet.

"We'll get it," Penny smiled and Ethel sat back down at her desk.

"Aw neat!" Russell said as Penny got out a selection of coffees for his pleasure.

"I love this; the 'Big and Bold' one," Penny said.

"Sounds great," Russell agreed. "How much is a coffee maker like this?"

"This particular one? Four hundred; see, it's vacuum brewed, one cup at a time," Penny said and prepared the coffee.

It was nearly an hour later when Melanie and Katy left Penny's office. Russell smiled; Melanie had braided Katy's honey blonde hair into one long thick braid.

"What you think, Daddy?" Melanie asked. "See, we tried two pigtails, you know, one on each side, but we didn't like that."

"Well, that's how I usually do my hair," Russell agreed and Katy laughed at how silly Daddy was being.

"Thank you, Mr. Jones; we'll be sending your lawyer, you're still using Mr. Lambert? We'll be sending him a copy of our report," Penny said, the voice of professionalism.

"Thank you," Russell said sincerely as he shook hands with both the doctor and Penny, and waved good bye to Ethel.

"Go Bears," both Ethel and Penny said.

"Go Bears!" Katy shrilled.

"Go Bears," Russell smiled.

"Ooh, he is so.... Ooh!" Ethel exclaimed as soon as the heavy glass door shut behind the man and his daughter.

Melanie giggled as Penny's face flashed raw animosity at her young receptionist.

"Hmm?" Melanie asked Penny as the lawyer again too her seat behind her desk. "And does Mr. Jones know you're attracted to him?"

"I am..." Penny began to deny, then shook her head no. "Wouldn't matter; he hates me anyway because of me being his ex-wife's lawyer."

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that," Melanie chuckled. "Now, about Katy..."

As promised, Penny did fax all the information over to Sonny Lamberts office once Melanie was finished documenting her diagnosis.

She also forwarded all information to Cris Dumas, the General Manager of DeGarde's branch of Pilot Petroleum.

"Miss Penny?" Ethel's voice crackled over the intercom.

"Yes?" Penny asked.

"A Mr. Dumas on the phone; says it's about a fax you sent?" Ethel said.

"Yes, please send him through," Penny agreed.

A moment later, the phone buzzed.

"Um, Ms. Richards? This is Cris Dumas? With Pilot Petroleum?" Cris' confused voice came through.

"And you're wondering why in the world I'm sending you information on a child custody case, right?" Penny asked.

"Uh yeah, that's right," Cris agreed.

"The name Latavius Jefferson mean anything to you?" Penny asked.

"Afraid so," Cris said, no longer confused.

"Give me your e-mail; I can send you a video of the 'nearly crippled' Latavius Jefferson playing basketball and then physically confronting my investigator," Penny said.

"Okay, ready?" Cris asked.

Penny sent the e-mail on its way, "As an officer of the court, I cannot sit by while someone perpetuates a fraud. My receptionist also has a voice recording of Mr. Jefferson instructing his son on what to say about his back injury."

"You are beautiful, Ms. Richards," Cris laughed as he watched the video Penny had sent.

"The audio? It was recorded in our waiting room; our receptionist sitting less then ten feet away; there is no reasonable expectation of privacy," Penny said as she sent a second e-mail with the voice recording attached.

"Again, you are beautiful," Cris laughed as Latavius' voice could be heard.

"Have a great day, Mr. Dumas," Penny said and hung up.

FORTH GAME

Lisa Jones decided, after smoking two joints and drinking a full pint of vodka, that she didn't need to wait the forty days until her court case. She was Katherine's mother and therefore had every right to get her kid.

Latavius was also drunk and stoned enough to agree.

They drove to Russell's apartment and banged on the door.

"Ola," the next door neighbor said, scratching his belly. "Meester Jones? He not there; he playing the baseball."

"Figures, stupid mother fucker; he was always about all that stupid macho shit," Lisa sneered.

They drove to the nearby playground and saw that there were two games in progress.

"Russell where the fuck are you?" Lisa screamed out, walking around the bleachers at the first game, a match between the Cougars and the Falcons.

"Ma'am! Watch your language!" an older woman hissed. "There are children here!"

"Aw, fuck you, Grandma!" Lisa sneered.

"Russell Jones, you stupid piece of shit; where the fuck are you?" Lisa screamed, looking around.

"Fucking reduce you, feel me? Fucking dumb ass cracker," Latavius threatened, looking around for Russell.

Carmen Davis, the older woman pursed her lips and dug out her cell phone.

"Don't see that useless ass mother fucker; you?" Lisa asked, stomping over to where Latavius stood.

"No; come on; he's probably at that other game," Latavius pointed.

"Russell!" Lisa screamed.

Penny could hear Lisa's shrill screams as Lisa and Latavius approached. She looked over and grimaced. Both Latavius and Lisa were staggering, obviously drunk. She then looked over to see where Katy and Cookie were playing. Katy had found a tennis ball and was throwing it for the happy Cookie to fetch.

"Limp dick mother... Oh! We don't need find him; there she is right there!" Lisa said, pointing behind the bleachers.

"Well all right then," Latavius said, slightly disappointed.

He'd hoped for a physical confrontation; that dumb ass cracker mother fucker, Cris Dumas and his ass kissing Uncle Tom, William Kennedy, had told him that he wouldn't be getting any more workman's comp. In fact, according to Dumas, Pilot would be suing him for reparations.

"What that mean?" Latavius had asked Cris.

"Reparations? It means you going to pay us back for the money we've paid you, all them doctor visits, all them 'sick days' and all our legal fees," Cris had laughed.

Now, hot, drunk, stoned and sweaty, Latavius was an angry man as they strode up to the small girl.

"Hi sweetheart!" Lisa drunkenly said, running up to Katy.

"Mommy!" Katy cheerfully called out.

"Come on, bitch, let's go on and get the fuck on out of here," Latavius demanded and grabbed Katy's arm.

Cookie was chasing the bouncing tennis ball. As soon as he heard her master call out 'Mommy!' the ball was forgotten.

Latavius smiled maliciously; Russell had also heard his daughter cry out 'Mommy!' and was heading right for them.

"Woof!" Cookie barked and launched herself at Latavius.

"Mother fucker!" Latavius screamed as the animal's jaws closed around his throat.

Katy screamed in terror as her beloved pent displayed a savage side she'd never seen before.

"Cookie! Drop it!" Russell cried out.

Cookie released Latavius' throat, but lay down on top of the terrified man, snarling ferociously.

"Lisa!" Penny called out. "What in God's name are you doing here?"

"This is my daughter; y'all ain't got no fucking right keep me away from my little girl!" Lisa shrilled.

"Sir, is that your dog?" Sheriff Dick Davis asked, approaching warily.

"Yes sir," Russell agreed.

"Please call it off," Dick asked.

"Cookie; here," Russell said and Cookie came to him and sat down.

"Good girl; that's a good girl, yes you are," Russell praised the beast.

"Woof!" Cookie said.

"This is my little girl, not yours!" Lisa was screaming at Russell.

"Lisa, we have a court date in..." Penny said.

"I don't need no fucking court date, bitch! I already won! And we been doing just fine, keeping that numb nuts dumb ass mother fucker the fuck away from his 'precious little Katy,' fucking get real! God, fucking bitch ain't even yours! I was fucking everybody right in front of you, stupid sack of shit!" Lisa screamed at Russell.

It took nearly fifteen minutes, but Dick finally had Latavius, who was complaining of a hurt back and Lisa in the rear of his cruiser. His daughter, Sergeant Elise Richards would be meeting them at the station to do the booking of Lisa Jones.

"Lisa, I will meet you down there after the game," Penny said through the open driver's window of the cruiser.

"Oh, and by the way, I do charge double time for Saturdays," she said as she walked away.

"We can play now?" Judge Marie Robichaux asked, preparing to don her umpire's mask.

"Yes ma'am," a shaken Russell agreed.

"Resume play!" she called out and smiled self-consciously at Russell.

"I assume that's what you say when play's been interrupted," she admitted.

"Works for me," Russell laughed.

"Me too," Anthony Carrecci, the coach of the Lions smiled.

The Lions put up a valiant effort; Anthony was an involved coach, but they fell to the Bears, four to nothing. Lucas managed to bat in one run and caught both of the balls that came his way.

But Darryl decided to 'educate' Russell on what he did wrong, rather than congratulate his son.

"Sir, we sent a flyer to each child's home," Russell finally said. "Along with that flyer was a notice that we were also looking for coaches. Might I suggest that next year, instead of lounging around, you get out here and do a little coaching yourself?"

"Yeah," Ethel said, earning herself a murderous scowl from Darryl.

"Oh no, no, the great Darryl would never get off his fat ass and do something," Penny said to Russell after making sure that Lucas was out of earshot. "He's much better at telling everyone else what they need to do."

"Kiss my ass; you got a hell of a lot of room talking about fat asses; look in a mirror lately?" Darryl snarled at Penny.

"Aw, Honey Bunches!" Penny laughed. "You used to love my big old ass!"

"You did good," Darryl mumbled when Lucas trotted over.

"Good?" Ethel praised. "You did great!"

"Proud of you, Honey," Penny said, hugged her son, and walked away.

Russell watched her ass; her tight Capri pants molded themselves wonderfully to the full buttocks.

"Hey, Coach, way to go, Scottie's mother smiled.

"Thank you; your boy is doing great out there," Russell praised, tearing his eyes away from Penny's departure.

He smirked; Scottie's mother's partner, a mannish looking blonde was also watching Penny's departure.

"Ah ha!" Josh cried out. "I knew you liked her!"

"Uh huh, but she says you're a lot cuter," Russell said.

Russell looked around, made sure that all of his boys were with their parents, that they would have a way home, and then collected his own child and dog.

"Is Cookie going to bite me?" Katy asked, her voice shaking with fear.

"No Sweetheart," Russell hastened to assure her. "No, Cookie's number one job is to take care of you; she will never ever bite you."

"Are you sure?" Katy asked.

"Have I ever lied to you?" Russell asked.

"No," Katy had to concede.

"Cookie; in," Russell ordered and Cookie leapt into the back of the truck.

"Baby, I know what happened scared you, but Cookie thought that Mr. Latavius was hurting you; that's why she knocked him down," Russell explained as he buckled her into her car seat.

He smiled.

"But the minute I said 'Cookie, drop it,' she stopped, right? Cookie is a very good girl," Russell finished, kissed his daughter's forehead and closed the truck door.

TRIAL DATE

Because of Lisa's little stunt, the trial that had been scheduled for July 1st, was moved up several weeks. Sonny Lambert tried to get a continuance; he'd not bothered to look at any of the documentation. Russell still owed him seventeen hundred dollars on the first divorce.

Judge Marie Robichaux presided over the trial; Judge Lori Duplantis had retired the previous year.

This time, instead of a smirking Latavius Jefferson and her cousin Carrie sitting with her and laughing while Russell cried, Lisa only ad her mother sitting with her. After a short while, though, her mother refused to sit with her; sitting several rows away.

Richard Boudreaux was sworn in and explained the video that he had shot that day, and also explained the digital photographs he had taken.

"And as you can tell, both the first video I took the one of the exterior of the home and my confrontation with Mrs. Jones' boyfriend, Latavius Jefferson and the second one, the one of the interior of the home, the one where Mr. Jones comes to pick up his daughter are continuous," Richard concluded his testimony. "The date and time are stamped on the lower right hand corner; there are no edit points."

"And why is this important, Mr. Boudreaux?" Sonny asked.

"It's important to show that nothing was staged; nothing was edited in or cropped out," Mr. Boudreaux said.

"Thank you, Mr. Boudreaux," Sonny said and sat down. "Your witness."

Penny was professional, competent, but could not shake Richard's testimony.

Dr.Melanie Leblanc was unavailable; she was actually two courtrooms down, testifying in another child custody case. So, Sonny went to the next witness on his list and asked the court that Ms. Carrie Brown, Lisa's cousin, be regarded as a 'Hostile' witness. Judge Robichaux agreed.

Carrie Brown was called to the stand. She glared hatred at her cousin as Sonny tore apart her previous testimony at the first divorce action.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 19 milliseconds