South Mountain Pack Ch. 13

"Aldo, I want Ric to go over the security system in the main control room, and Rocco the one in the safe room. Since they're in charge of RI's security division, they may have some insights if we're missing something," Frank said with a frown. Aldo nodded and wrote in his ever present notebook. "The rest of the men from Italy will be in two groups, one to go over the safe room for weaknesses, the other will follow the guards as they do their normal patrols. Aldo, instruct your men to do their normal routines, this is to see what we're missing, not a criticism of them." Aldo nodded his head, he wasn't worried; his men were well trained and knew their jobs.

Anticipating what Frank wanted, Aldo handed out pens and notebooks, "Write down anything you think we need to work on or update. At the end of the day please hand them in so we can go over the lists and see what needs improved." The men nodded their heads and proceeded to the areas directed by Frank.

Three hours later, the youngsters were in the cafeteria eating lunch and immediately got quiet when the men strolled in led by Carlo and Dante. "Relax, we're here to eat," said Carlo with a smile as the youngsters laughed nervously.

As Frank sat down, he contacted his brother including Carlo, "How's Maria?"

"Same as when you asked an hour ago," said Joe with a laugh. "Doc stopped the medicine and she should be waking up soon. What's going on?"

"Nothing much, I already told you what we were working on," said Frank. "Right now we're having lunch then we're going to start installing the cameras. Why? Do you need anything?"

"No, I was wondering what I was missing. Gina left about five minutes ago, she was on her way to Rossi's to meet the Miller's and she told me about the reception. It depends on how Maria is doing if I'm able to go or how long I'm able to stay. You may have to be there without me to represent Triple C...," said Joe as he hesitated. "And make nice with Clay, since he's the official host of the event." As his statement was met with dead silence from his brother he burst out laughing.

"Ahh, Fuck. Did you have to tell him? I wanted it to be a surprise," said Carlo as he turned his head to look at Frank and he burst out laughing. "You should see his face Joe; it looks like his head is going to explode."

"I can't believe you left that fucking detail out and that I have to be nice to Clay, that arrogant fucking bastard," snapped Frank smashing the cookie he was holding into crumbs as he glared at Carlo.

"Oh, he's mad now Joe, he's destroying defenseless cookies," Carlo said happily. "And Joe, I'd like you to make an appearance, you don't have to stay the whole night, but there will be a lot of prominent people there and it'll do Triple C good to do the whole meet and mingle."

"I was thinking the same thing. Frank isn't the most pleasant of persons under the best of conditions, and adding Clay to the mix won't be good," Joe admitted.

"Damnit, I'm fucking pleasant and easy to get along with," Frank thundered while Carlo and Joe started to laugh.

"Come on Sunshine, we've got a lot of work to finish. Joe, we'll talk to you later, let me know how Maria is doing and if you need anything," said Carlo as he got up and brought his tray to the waiting cafeteria worker. Glancing at his watch, he noticed the youngsters still had thirty minutes for break and walked over to the two tables with Anthony, Sophia and the rest of the youngsters.

"Hey Dad," said Anthony with a smile.

"We didn't talk earlier, but I expect you to be at the reception for Dante. This is part of your Alpha training; you need to be comfortable in social situations, especially when it involves business leaders, politicians and members of government. Sophia, your father and I talked it over and we feel it would be better for you to not be at the reception due to your age and the amount of press coverage the reception is receiving. There'll be enough speculation when it comes out the two of you are a couple, but we'll try and hold that off as long as possible," said Carlo with a shrug as Frank scowled. Sophia nodded her head, knowing it was being done for her protection, but she didn't like the fact Anthony was going without her. Carlo looked at his son and noting his size said, "After practice tonight, your mom will take you to get a suit, I'm sure you've outgrown the ones you have."

Dante smiled at Anthony and said, "You can have one of my handmade Italian suits Anthony, we are the same size and it should fit you perfectly."

"Thanks Dante, Dad was going to take me to Savile Row to get some custom made suits when I graduated," said Anthony as he got up and hugged Dante.

"Pfft, what do the English know of mens fashions, unless you want to look like Prince Charles? If you want true fashion, you must come to Italy," Dante proclaimed proudly.

"Says the man who is half English and was educated at Eton and Oxford," Carlo retorted with a smile as Dante glared at him. "And who speaks the Queen's English in an upper crust accent."

Dante whispered in Carlo's ear, "Fuck you Carlo. Is that upper crust enough for you?" Carlo burst our laughing surprising everyone and seeing the other men had finished lunch, he motioned with his head for them to follow him out of the cafeteria.

Anthony glanced at Sophia and noticing her expression he leaned in and whispered, "I'd rather spend time with you, but I have to do this Arachide."

Sophia sighed loudly before saying, "I know, but..."

"Hi Anthony, Daddy told me you would be going to the reception," said Victoria Martin flipping her long blonde hair over her shoulder as she stole a glance at Sophia. "Since no children are allowed, I was wondering if you would be my date." There was complete silence in the cafeteria as the youngsters watched the unfolding drama. Damian leaned back with a smile on his face as he thought, 'Finally, something exciting was going to happen.'

Anthony scowled as he said in a forceful tone, "Victoria, you know I made my declaration for Sophia and it's not right for you to ask me on a date."

"Did she...did she really call me a child?" asked Sophia to no one in particular.

Damian nodded his head enthusiastically and said, "Yes she did AND she asked your intended mate on a date."

"Damian, you're not helping," whispered Lorenzo as he stared at his cousin.

"I know," Damian replied with a huge grin on his face as he leaned forward eager to hear every word.

Victoria shrugged her shoulders and looked Anthony over before saying, "You're not mated yet Anthony, things could change..."

"Victoria, I told you before I'm not interested in you. I made my declaration and Sophia is my mate, that will never change," Anthony replied in a tone that brooked no arguments.

"I'm going to be a lady and ignore what you said," snapped Sophia standing up and taking several steps forward bringing them face to face. "But listen up you blonde bimbo, Anthony is mine and if you say anything more I'm gonna beat your ass."

"And if she doesn't, then I will," said Gabby as she came to stand next to Sophia.

"Thanks Gabby, but I don't need any help and that goes for the rest of you too," said Sophia as she stared at her mate, brothers and cousins who looked back but didn't agree with her. Knowing his brothers and cousins would be paying attention to Sophia, Sal kept watch on Gabby.

Damian laughed and said, "Ooh, it's getting good now." Lorenzo turned to stare at him and Damian said, "What? This is way better then pay per view and a whole lot cheaper. Damn...I wish I had some popcorn or chili cheese fries."

Victoria stepped back and said in a condescending tone, "Face it Sophia, you know I'd be a much better mate for Anthony than you, after all I am a Senator's daughter." She paused and looked Sophia up and down before saying nastily, "If I need to have shelves put in my walk-in closet, I'll call your family."

"Oooh, now you've gone too far," Sophia hissed. "You can say anything about me, but when you put down my family..."

"No, she will not say anything she wants about you," said Anthony in a commanding tone as he stood up making Victoria take a step back. "Apologize to your future Madame Alpha NOW. I will not put up with anybody disrespecting my mate; do I make myself clear Victoria?"

Victoria glared at Sophia before saying through clenched teeth, "I apologize for saying in public that your family is low-class." With that, she spun on her heel and walked back to the table containing her older brothers, the Hammonds and the Mendez's who look mortified. It was obvious her brothers, Clay, Jeff and Greg, were arguing with her through the family bond by the looks on their faces and she turned to glare at Sophia who glared back.

After what was apparently their final argument, Clay Jr. known as CJ, got up glaring at his sister who crossed her arms over her chest and pouted. He ignored her and walked over to The Clan, "Sophia and Anthony, I'd like to apologize for my sister's behavior, I wish I could say she wasn't her normal self, but we all know she's a spoiled selfish bitch. I let Dad know what she said and how she acted and she's no longer going to the reception." He ran his hand through his hair and let out a deep sigh before continuing, "He also wanted me to tell you how deeply sorry he is and to let you know we are ready for any sanctions you deem appropriate."

Anthony stared at CJ and turned to look at Victoria who continued to pout and he said, "Tell your father to get her under control. It not only looks bad for a Senator's daughter to act the way she does, it reflects badly on my father as Alpha. If your father can't control her, he will."

"Thank you Anthony," said CJ before walking back to his sister and motioning with his head the Martin's got up and followed him out of the cafeteria.

Glancing around the cafeteria and seeing most of the youngsters still staring at their table Anthony said, "The show is over, finish your lunch."

Sophia glanced at Anthony as she sat down and said quietly, "Why didn't he use the bond to apologize?"

"Public insult, public apology," Vin answered as he shrugged his shoulders. "After Victoria made a spectacle of herself and in turn her family, her family had to offer their apology in the same manner."

"I think you should've let Sophia take her, give her someone other then us to practice her skills on," said Damian with a disappointed look on his face. "Hell, I would've paid to see that...if somebody would have brought me some popcorn, preferably hot buttered with a little Old Bay on it...Damn, I love Old Bay, I wonder if Fred could make me some Old Bay flavored ice cream."

Anthony laughed before saying, "What the hell's the matter with you? You've been antsy for days." He smiled as Sophia pushed her lunch plate in front of him.

"I'm bored. I haven't been able to practice with the football team, haven't been able to train except for upper body work, wasn't able to go on the Pack run, wasn't able to run drills with everyone and..." he stopped and shrugged his shoulders. "My wolf is restless for some reason."

"Doc said you could start running today, right?" asked Sal reaching onto Gabby's plate and grabbing one of her fries. She swatted his hand away and giggled before giving him her plate to finish. Seeing what Gabby and Sophia had done, Brianna and Morgan passed their plates to their intendeds. Kelly, Aislin and Caitlin looked at Marcus, Gianni and Damian and they nodded their heads before grabbing the girls plates. Lorenzo could feel his agitation rising because Erin didn't offer her plate and thought, 'Fuck it, I didn't want it anyway, but she still should have offered.'

"Yeah, I figured I'll jog around the sidelines while you all practice," Damian said with a shrug as he ate Caitlin's food. "Tonight after dinner I'll shift into my wolf and go for a run around the backyard."

Erin kept her face averted, determined to follow Vin and Dom's advice to ignore Lorenzo, but she could feel him staring at her and it was making goose bumps rise on her arms. Finally he was paying attention to her, but again it was for the wrong reason as she could feel his anger so without saying anything she pushed her plate across the table towards him and felt him pull it out of her hands. She glanced at him and was surprised to see his eyes light up before he masked the emotion, as she put her head down she felt a triumphant thrill run through her.

The boys nodded their heads and Vin said, "We'll run with you, it may settle your wolf down to run as a Pack." Damian thought about it for a second and nodded his head, ever since they had watched the little ones on Monday, his wolf had been restless and he couldn't figure out why. He glanced at Caitlin and seeing her watching him out of the corner of her eye, he winked at her and started to laugh quietly when she blushed and looked away.

"Hurry up and finish, the bell will be ringing soon," said Anthony as he gathered his tray and Sophia's and brought them to the waiting cafeteria workers.

*****

Gina was in the cereal aisle with Todd, Holly and Fiona while they watched Maeve walk slowly up and down the aisle picking up boxes of cereal before checking them off her list and putting them in the grocery cart. So far she had thirty boxes of cereal and every flavor of Pop Tarts available.

"Daddy, I wish I would've gone with the others to Uncle Phil's shop," whispered Fiona. "We've been here a half hour and all we've seen is this aisle."

"She's almost done and you know how much this means to her. She may not want to go miniature golfing with you, but she'll do it because you're her sister," Todd whispered back. "Maybe if you helped her, she'd get done faster."

"You know I can hear you," said Maeve in a sing-song voice as she turned to look at her family. "I'm almost done Fi, I just need to get a couple more." She looked at her list, pulled a couple more boxes off the shelf and said, "I'm done."

Gina smiled and said, "You'll need some milk, so we'll go to the dairy aisle last so your milk will stay cold. Let's go to the deli and we'll sample some of the food there, then I'll show you the back of the store."

An hour later, the tour was done and Maeve was happily pushing her cart to the front of the store to check out. Her father went to help unload the cart and Maeve whispered, "Please, let me do this myself. I wanna know what the whole experience feels like to be able to come here, pick out my own cereals and the whole checkout thing, please." Todd stepped back, realizing how much this meant to her. "Do you see what's first on my list Daddy? Apple Jacks, that's the cereal you bought me for my birthday and he took it away and wouldn't let me have it. Maybe when we get home you'll have time for the two of us to sit down and finally share it Daddy."

Todd swallowed the lump in his throat before hugging her tightly and said, "I'll always have time for you Cupcake." He saw the expression on Gina's face and he said, including Holly, "She was eight when it happened, I can't believe she remembered. That's when Charles took over and prohibited us from celebrating birthdays. I thought I could slip a box of cereal in but they caught me and because I broke the rules, I was prevented from seeing them for a month."

"What happened at your old Pack seems to have affected your girls in ways we can't even imagine," Gina turned to look at Maeve who had a huge smile on her face as she was carefully bagging her groceries. "Now is probably not the time, but what happened to Morgan? She's a lot more timid than the rest of the girls."

Todd glanced at Holly who nodded her head, "She was fourteen, even with all the restrictions that had been put in place she was full of life and wanted to know everything that was going on. During one of the ceremonies, she slipped away from where the youngsters were being held because she thought the older girls had been invited to a party and she was upset she had been excluded." Todd stopped and drew a shaky breath before continuing, "We found her hours later in the woods, rocking back and forth in a fetal position."

"She had seen her older friends being raped," whispered Holly. "She was so traumatized by what she had seen and heard that she was non-responsive for weeks and it took us months to reassure her she would be safe. That's when we started planning our escape; we had talked about it before, but after that we knew we had to get our daughters to safety."

Gina took a deep breath before saying, "I can't even imagine what she went through. Let me talk to Doc, she needs to talk with a counselor but we have to find one that is Pack related, it would probably do all the girls good to talk with a counselor." Todd and Holly nodded their heads knowing their girls needed to talk to a professional, that some of the emotional scars were buried deep.

"Miss, your total is $187.64," the cashier said with a smile as she watched Maeve carefully putting her bags in the cart.

"Cupcake, here you go," said Todd handing money to Maeve so she could pay. She carefully handed the money to the cashier and waited for the change before handing it to Todd, clearly pleased her Dad let her pay without having to ask him.

After they loaded the groceries in their new SUV, Maeve surprised Gina by giving her a hug and said, "Thank you Madame Gina that was the best day ever."

"Your welcome Maeve, I truly enjoyed spending time with you and getting to know you a little better," said Gina happily as she hugged her back. "Now, let's go and see the building so your family can hopefully start their bakery."

Ten minutes later they pulled into the back parking lot of their future bakery. Gina unlocked the back door and within minutes Papa Mike, Nana Ellen, Fallon and Shannon came over from Matt and Phil's shop. "Matt's on a delivery and said he'll be here as soon as he can," said Papa Mike. "Phil has to finish one final arrangement and then one of his assistants will watch the store for him."

"Since Joe's at the Clinic and Frank's busy setting the cameras up, he's sending Jerry to assess the building," said Todd as he looked over the first floor kitchen. "Dad, I want you to concentrate on what you need to update the wiring." Papa Mike nodded and headed to the basement to look over the electric panel.

Hearing a truck Todd went to the door to meet Jerry while his family went upstairs. After the men greeted each other, Todd motioned for him to go upstairs, "We need to move the stairs, they're facing the front door and we need to move them so they're in the kitchen, the floors will need to be sanded and stained, we need to pull the wood paneling down and paint and the counter that's already there will need to be removed, we'll buy bakery display cases and have a smaller counter for the register." Jerry was scrubbing furiously in his notebook and nodding his head.

"What about floor to ceiling display cases behind the counter with a mix of angled and flat shelves? You could even have one refrigerated unit if you need it," Jerry said. "The top half would be for the displays and the bottom half would be cabinets to hold boxes and bags and it'll help to keep the heat out of the front room." Todd nodded his head as they entered the front room were the women were. Everyone watched as Jerry measured each room including ceiling height, checked the floors and walls for level, jumped up and down in several spots, tapped on the walls before going up in the attic and coming down several minutes later.

Nana Ellen was looking around the room and said, "We can't decide which room should be the baking room, the kitchen and the cooling room."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 15 milliseconds