Stealing My Heart Ch. 08

Jordan stood in torn jeans and t-shirt covered in dirt and grease. She stood inches shorter than the surrounding shifters even Eric by far the biggest, burliest of betas yet she looked over the crowd like a queen looking over her subjects. There was no doubt she was Alpha. Eva smiled and sank to one knee, her hand over her heart, neck bared in submission. "Alpha," she declared, her voice heard through out the crowd. Almost as one the shifters joined Eva kneeling and declaring Jordan their Alpha. Even Katrine quickly joined them in their declaration.

With everyone on their knees Jordan's power slowly retracted in the her small form, her eyes lost the slight glow, and she began to shuffle uncomfortably at the overt display of loyalty. "Um . . . isn't Mina expecting us for lunch?" she asked trying to tug Eva to her feet. "Get up," she whispered frantically her ever present blush flushing her cheeks. Eva smiled and got to her feet signalling the others to stand as well and go about their business.

"By the Goddess freaking tits," Eva grinned clinking her arm with Jordan's. "You have way more power than I thought. You're going to be an amazing Alpha," she gushed.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," now that the moment was over Jordan had no idea where that spunk had come from and her embarrassment grew exponentially. What had she been thinking. Earlier she hadn't even been sure she had a place in the pack and now she was declaring herself Alpha Queen. She must have lost her mind. Jordan was sure she either had a death wish or a vein of pure crazy running through her blood.

"Do you realize what you just did?" Eva said turning Jordan to face her and gesturing wildly. "You just got almost half the pack to submit to you without a fight. And without Xavier here to back you up. They bowed and declared their loyalty."

"You started that," Jordan said skeptically.

"Trust me these weren't just omegas. Betas don't just submit to anyone no matter what I say. Jordan this is huge. When I became Alpha Female I was challenged six times. Three of those women were in that crowd. I had to fight for my position and the respect I was due. One short speech and the pack is ready to follow you anywhere. That's the sign of a true Alpha," Eva exclaimed, awe obvious in her face.

"Or true insanity."

"Trust me Alpha, you have more power than you think," Eva laughed at the disgusted look that crossed Jordan's face with the title.

Shaking her head Jordan stalked past her friend and into the kitchen.

-------

Eva kept Jordan busy for the rest of the day trying to distract her from the increase of wolves bowing and pushing to be in her presence. She was also making sure never to let Jordan out of her sight. Though Eva tried to deny it Jordan strongly suspected Eva to be acting as her personal bodyguard. While the two remaining goons directed the rest of the increased security. Derek organized the betas and soldiers for patrolling and defense while Tomas and his tech crew kept an eye on surveillance.

As the day wound down Jordan found herself in the main gathering room surrounded by those who took refuge in the main house during the lockdown, those off duty, and children. People played games, read, talked, just enjoying their time together. While many of them would have denied it most crowded into the room to be close to their new Alpha. The increased risk of rogues and obvious patrols had them on edge. Naturally, being close to their Alpha made them feel safe and secure. Jordan of course was oblivious to her natural draw. Eva was off securing the rest of the house. Her charge should be safe for a few minutes in the room full of shifters and guarded closely if only for the cubs sake.

Jordan sat on the couch before a large screen TV chatting with a small group of women, holding a child on her lap. Cubs spread before them watching a movie and play wrestling on the carpet. The parents of the child held by Jordan were both betas on duty and the little boy had crawled onto her lap for comfort.

Caleb, the little boy, began to squirm, his nose scrunching up in frustration. A small hand wrapped in hair yanking gently on her curls. Jordan leaned down with a smile putting her ear next to the boys lips.

"I gotta go," he whispered his squirming intensifying. Jordan released him to slide off her lap. He took a few steps then turned back with wide eyes and tenuous smile.

"You want me to come with you?" Jordan asked and chuckled when he nodded his head vigorously, his blond hair bouncing into his eyes. "Come on then," she said taking his hand.

"I can take him," Jessica said getting up from her seat but Jordan just waved her off. "Don't be silly. It's no problem." Jessica sat obeying her Alpha and returning to the conversation.

Jordan left the room the the small boy bouncing around her. No one noticed the woman in the back of the room slip out behind them.

-------

Delia smiled. Until this moment she had no idea how she was going to separate the human female from the group. But the little boy had given her the best opportunity to get the job done and secure her rightful place as Alpha Queen. Whether it was with Simon or Terrence she didn't really care.

The closest bathroom was already in use so the two wandered to the open one by the front hall and further away from the others. Delia waited in the shadows of the hall. She could hear the cub giggling and splashing the water in the sink happily. She just had to wait for the right moment. The boy exited the washroom first and Delia sprung. Grabbing the boy by the arm she swung him around putting a hand over his mouth muffling his surprised yell and pulling him close to her chest.

The noise caught Jordan's attention and she sprung after Delia. Delia ready for the move swept back letting her claws lengthening and digging into the squirming boys neck. "One noise or move and the boy will bleed out before help comes."

She was surprised no one was watching this area of house. With the high alert this kind of mistake was uncommon. Delia smirked, the goddess must be helping her, approving of her actions. This was far easier than she thought it would be. Reaching behind her she grabbed the heavy vase while Jordan tried to figure out her next move. Not wanting to risk anyone coming up on them she hurled it at Jordan's head hitting her square in the temple. A look of shock crossed the human's face as she hit the ground with a soft thump. She lay still after her eyes rolled back in her head. Delia smiled delighted until the boy in her arms shifted into a wolf cub and sank his sharp teeth into her hands.

Delia bit back a curse at the last moment remembering the need for silence. Glaring at the snarling cub, she flung him back into the washroom. The cub's head collided with the sink knocking him out, Delia smiled and locked the door.

Now all she had to do was get the unconscious human to the car waiting beyond the compound borders.

------

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 64 milliseconds