Summer and Fall

"Thank you," Jess said crisply. She tied my wrists to the bed posts and blindfolded me.

She moved off me, but not before slowly trailing her fingers down the middle of my torso to my crotch.

I felt her move off the bed, and heard her getting something off the dresser. She rubbed her hands together. Then I felt her warm, soft hands on my thighs, applying pressure.

"How are you doing, darling?" Jess asked, her voice now low and sultry.

I nodded.

"Now, you've had a long, long, week my love," she continued, "so please relax so I can expound on some of the reasons why I say I want you in my life... always...'"

Her fingers kneaded and pressed along my legs. Every now and then, she'd sweep her hands up the inside of my thighs to lightly brush against my increasingly wet sex.

"First, and in no particular order," she cooed, "I love every inch of your legs... they are strong, they are so smooth, and I love it when I feel them on top of me."

I moaned softly.

She chuckled, "You have no idea how amazing you look right now. It's not just your looks of course, but we'll get to that later. Let's focus next on this area..."

Her hands moved up to my navel, caressing my skin. "I love your abs, I love your hips."

When her hands covered my breasts and slowly massaged them, I gasped.

"I never thought I'd obsess over someone's body like I do with yours, but you are the perfect balance between masculine and feminine, and nowhere more than your amazing chest. I love it when you embrace me, I love it when you cover my body with yours."

I flexed for her, knowing how much she loved it.

"Holy shit, Alex..." she breathed, "fine, if that's the way you want it..."

I grinned, pleased I could make her react like that.

I felt her breath on my inner thigh, and in a flash, her tongue was licking me, consuming me with such passion my nerve endings strained to absorb it all.

"Oh Jess! Oh --." I yelled as she made love to me with her tongue.

Her tongue moved slowly up my torso, leaving my clit throbbing for more. I felt Jess shift her weight, and then my senses exploded around me when she thrust into me with a toy. I gasped with wonder and need as Jess fucked me with the strap-on.

With every thrust, I felt Jess laying claim to me, loving me, thrilling me. I lifted my hips to meet her thrusts and I surrendered to her possession of me. She ground into me with such aggression that she took me to my climax in no time at all.

I felt her hands untying my restraints. When she took the blindfold off, I blinked as my eyes focused on Jess's beautiful face, looking down at me.

"Wow, Jess, you can tie me up and top me any time you want," I grinned. Jess shimmied out of the harness and curled up next to me.

"I felt that I needed to take a more aggressive approach -- you weren't getting the message," she kissed me along my jawline.

"I love you," Jess said, "I love the way you think; I love that you make me laugh, even with the bad jokes you crack; I love the way you look at me. I love the way you love me. I love that you gave me the time to figure all this out. Do you get it now?"

I nodded, momentarily struck dumb by her words.

"I love you too," I murmured, enjoying her lips on my skin, "but just so we are clear.... we are no where near done..."

"I was hoping you'd say that," Jess whispered, "I'm all yours, sweetheart...."

--EPILOGUE--
--April --

JESS

"So when is Alex back?" My mother asked.

"Tonight," I sighed, stretching out on their couch.

We were spending half term at my parents, but a last-minute client meeting had Alex driving back to London at the beginning of the week.

"It's too bad she had to drive back to the City. It would have been nice to have her here for the full week."

I snorted, "Come off it, mum, you've been down in London with us at least twice a month since Christmas!"

"What can I say, I like spending time with my daughter and future daughter-in-law." My mother winked.

"Now Maggie, don't be so pushy," dad said.

I sat up, "No, it's ok. Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that."

My father put down his book. "What happened?"

"No, no, nothing happened. Well, not yet, anyway. Uh, well, I'm toying with the idea of asking Alex to marry me on our anniversary next month. You know, after the surprise party you guys have been helping me plan."

My mother gasped. "Oh darling, I'm so happy to hear that!"

"Good," my father said, "we can finally put an end to your mother's endless speculation about this subject... and I'm very happy to hear this as well, obviously."

"Does Alex want to get married?" My mother asked.

"Well, that's the thing. I think she does. But last year, when I was freaking out about commitment -- WAIT!" I held up my hand when my father raised his eyebrows.

"I know. What a surprise. But listen, when that happened, Alex said that if we ever wanted to get married, I'd get to be the one to ask. And she's never brought it up again since."

I looked at my parents, "So... I was wondering if you guys could help me test her temperature on this when she is back... Well? Say something!"

"I'd just ask her outright, if I were you." My father said.

"Dad -- I would, but I want to do this big thing. I don't want to ruin the surprise."

"I'm pretty sure she'd say yes if you asked, Jessie," my mother said, wiping a tear from her eye.

"Me too, but can you guys just check? But subtly. Don't give it away."

"Fine. Tommy, let me handle it. You have the worst poker face in the world."


ALEX

I pulled up to the Wainwright's cottage just after 10, relieved to be out of the City. The lights were still on, so I went straight through to the living room.

Maggie and Tom were sitting together, watching a movie.

"Welcome home, Alex! How was the drive?" Maggie looked up.

"Not bad -- made pretty good time." I dropped myself onto the couch, "Where's Jess?"

Tom paused the movie, "She went upstairs to read, but she fell sleep -- but I'm sure she'd be happy to be roused."

I shrugged, "I'll let her sleep. How are you both?"

"Very quiet week here, Alex, the meeting went well?"

I nodded, "As well as it could -- another project in the works, so Mona just extended my stay through to the end of the year. Very happy to be back here, though!"

"That's fabulous news! Jess knows?" Maggie clapped.

I nodded again, "Told her yesterday."

Tom stifled a yawn, "Jess said you are having some landlord trouble?"

"Oh -- that was my fault. The flat belongs to my cousin Terry's family. I noticed a small leak in the bathroom ceiling and got someone to come in and fix it -- but I forgot to tell Terry, who didn't notify the building manager, who got stroppy because he was not familiar with the builder I used. Anyway, that led to him asking what the sublet agreement was with Terry, and that got messy, because of course there is no contract. It's all sorted now."

"It sounded like petty nonsense to me," Maggie said, "why not just move into Jess's place and be done with it?"

"Uh, mostly because I have the more regular commute, and I think Jess likes having a second option. Sometimes, she just needs her space." I smiled, "and I'm happy for her to take it when she needs."

"Yes, but Alex, I don't think that's what's happening -- for all intents and purposes, aren't you two living together now?" Maggie asked.

It's funny, up until Maggie put it that way, I hadn't really thought about it. "I suppose so."

Tom leaned back and closed his eyes, "Saves a lot of money if you two go down to one rent payment a month."

I agreed, "Oh for sure. Jess and I have talked about it, but I think she likes this arrangement for now. I'm not fussed either way. My cousin isn't charging me all that much."

Tom opened one eye and looked at me, "What arrangement would you like, Alex? It's good of you to accommodate Jess's needs -- but what do you want out to this?"

I was surprised by the question, to say the least. I chuckled, "Everything," I said quietly.

I looked at Jess's parents, who have been so accepting, who had always welcomed me into their home. "I want everything out of this. I just don't want to scare Jess away."

"Stop treating her with kids' gloves, Alex. You won't get anywhere that way."

I nodded. "We are getting there -- I promise."

Maggie grinned, "Hurry up and get on with it then, Alex. I want grandkids."

I saw my opening, "So if we were to get married, we'd have your blessing?"

Tom shot Maggie a look.

"What?" I asked.

"We'd been wondering if you would bring this up, that's all." Maggie replied breezily.

"So... is this imminent?" Tom asked with raised eyebrows.

I shrugged, "Hm, well, our anniversary is coming up... so I... I don't know. Maybe it's too soon."

Neither one of them said anything, but they looked distinctly uncomfortable.

"Oh my god. You guys think it's too soon. Forget I said anything. Really."

"NO!" Maggie said quickly, "I mean, well, we don't think it's too soon, right Tom?"

Tom nodded, then shook his head, "Uh, do you think it's too soon, Alex?"

What a very odd conversation.

"I keep trying to test the waters with Jess by trying to make plans for our anniversary, like go on a trip or something, but she keeps putting off the conversation. I don't want to keep pushing on it if she doesn't want to talk about it."

"Oh, that's just Jess being Jess. You should push!" Maggie was nodding enthusiastically, "don't you think so, Tom?"

Tom nodded, but he looked totally conflicted.

I backpedalled, "I mean, we sort of agreed that Jess would be the one to flip the switch on the marriage thing... so this is all hypothetical anyway."

"Well, hypotheticals are good." Tom declared. It looked like he was going to say something else, but Maggie glared at him..

"But it's all hypothetical, for sure," I emphasised, hoping to appease them.
"Well, real or hypothetical, it's really not for us to say, right, Alex?"

I shrugged. "Well, I value your opinion, but I'll just have to play it by ear, I suppose." I felt like I brought up a a sore subject between the two of them.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked.

Maggie and Tom both shook their heads, "No, Alex, no, not at all," Tom said.

Phew.

Maggie suddenly jumped up and trotted to the kitchen.

"Tea, Alex?" Maggie asked, sniffing a little.

"Uh, no thanks. I'm going to turn in, actually." I got up and headed towards the stairs.

Maggie blew her nose and wiped her eyes.

"Maggie, are you okay?"

She nodded, "Allergies, poppet."

"When did those start?" Tom asked.

Maggie looked at Tom with surprise, "I've always had them, you know that!"

Tom went red, "Oh right you are, Maggie."

I looked back and forth between Jess's parents. Whatever was going on, I didn't need to be in the middle of it. "Um, ok, I'll see you in morning."

"Goodnight Alex," Maggie said, dabbing her eyes.

I headed upstairs, where I found Jess asleep, a book open on the bed.

She stirred when she heard me undressing. "Hey..."

I turned out the light.

"Hey baby..." I crawled into bed, and snuggled in.

"You're late... bad traffic?" She mumbled.

"No, I was downstairs having a really weird conversation with your parents."

"Never mind them," Jess grabbed my arm and wrapped it around her chest, "you're home," she murmured.

Home.


--May--

JESS

I was setting the candles on the dining room table when I heard Alex turning the key in the door.

I gave her a massive hug, "Welcome home, my love."

Alex gave me a distracted kiss, "I thought we were going out for dinner tonight?"

"Oh, we are," I said breezily, "This is for afterwards..."

"What are you planning, Wainwright?" Alex arched her eyebrows.

I gave her a peck, "Just dessert. I promise. Go get changed out of your work clothes. We need to leave in a couple minutes."

Alex didn't object, and returned moments later, ready to go.

We had reservations at one of our favourite Italian restaurants in the neighbourhood.

Elenora, the maitre d', had saved us a table in the corner.

"Ah-Lix, Jeh-seeeca! Happy anniversary. Come, we have your table ready."

"One year, Alex, can you believe it?" I grabbed her hand as we sat down.

Alex nodded slowly, "Yes I can. Although, technically, it's only been 11 months. October's inclusion is questionable."

"No need to be cheeky, Alexandra," I said, perhaps a tad defensively.

"Well, I like to think of it as the month you went away to regroup and amass deep, deep reserves of love for me." Alex winked.

"Yes! I did!" My heart swelled with love for this woman.

Elenora didn't disappoint, lining up a fabulous string of dishes for us. Throughout dinner I wondered if my plan had kicked into action yet.

As we walked home, Alex exhaled with a shake of her head.

"What is it, love?" I asked.

Alex chuckled, "I was half expecting a mariachi band to pop out of the table during dinner. I seriously thought you had something up your sleeve."

"Disappointed?"

Alex shook her head, "No. You've just been, well, a little schemy lately."

"'Schemy'?" I tried to sound as innocent as possible.

"Yes. Schemy. I know you well enough to know that something's going on. Maybe not tonight, but you've been scheming!"

I shrugged, "it's our anniversary. I've just been super excited to celebrate with you."


ALEX

Unless my radar was off, I knew something was going on and Jess was masterminding it.

Jess had been distracted all week and now she looked like a kid who was the first to wake up on Christmas morning. I had expected some sort of surprise at dinner, but nothing happened.

We strolled back home in contented silence. One year. With the promise of so many more to come. I was more in love with Jess than ever before.

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!" came a cacophony of shouts as we walked through the door.

I turned to Jess, "I KNEW IT!" I shouted. She was clapping with glee as we were swarmed by our friends and family.

She'd managed to get a lot of people there. My brother, my cousin Terry, Cathy and Jules, Nick, Tom, Maggie, several of her other friends, Annie, Michelle, and a number of other mutual friends.

A great jumble of hugs and hellos ensued.

"Happy anniversary, big sis," Alistair grinned, "Audrey is stuck at school, but she really wanted to be here."

"I can't believe Jess pulled it off. I had no idea this would happen."

My cousin Terry gave me a big bear hug, "She got you! That is brilliant. I tell you, you looked like you shat a cow when you walked in. Priceless. She planned this out months ago, you know."

I was shocked.

"Yes -- remember when I came to visit over Chinese New Year?" Terry's eyes twinkled, "she pulled me aside and asked if I thought it was a good idea. I went all in. This is awesome."

I remembered seeing Jess and Terry chatting back in February. I thought they'd been discussing photography or something.

"I can't believe it," I said again, punching him in the arm, "and I can't believe you were in on it!"

Terry squeezed my shoulder, "I am so proud of you. For being so brave -- I know it's not been easy with your parents. I'm sorry they aren't here. You deserve their support, and I know they have been reticent, so I was happy to step in and represent."

Maggie and Tom were handing out drinks to everyone.

"Where are you staying?"

"Uh, with a friend." Terry replied, blushing.

"Who? Does she live here?"

Terry shook his head dismissively, and nodded at Annie, who was getting up to stand on a chair.

"New girlfriend?" I asked.

"Sh!" Terry admonished, "Annie is about to say something."

Annie clapped for everyone to be quiet.

"Ok, first, thank you to Terry for footing to bill to get some of us over here from New York. We wouldn't have missed this party for the world."

I stared at Terry, who winked at me.

"When Alex and Jess first got together, I was not without scepticism. Long distance relationships rarely work! But there was no stopping these guys... well, except for a couple minor hiccups here and there..."

"Oy! Easy, Annie," I interjected. Jess slipped in front of me and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Hey, it's not Jess's fault you have an ex-girlfriend who's certifiable!" Annie teased.

Everyone laughed.

"Anyway," she continued, "I'm so happy you guys are together, and Jess, I'm so happy you're in Alex's life. Without you, she'd probably have moved into a cave, cut off from ever having to interact with anyone ever again."

"Hey!" I protested, "that's not fair!"

"Ok, ok, teasing aside," Annie raised her glass, "let's toast Jess and Alex; happy anniversary guys!"

Jess leaned back and kissed me. I didn't care that everyone was watching.

Much as I hated socializing, it felt so amazing to be surrounded by everyone on such a special day.

Maggie pulled me aside towards the end of the evening.

"So are you going to pop the question tonight?" Maggie whispered into my ear.

I shook my head, "No, I promised Jess it would be on her terms. I got her a ring though."

"Can I see it?" Maggie gripped my hand, "please?"

Checking to see that Jess was otherwise occupied, I led Maggie to our bedroom and extracted the box from deep inside my closet.

"It's beautiful. She'll love it," Maggie's eyes gleamed.

I smiled, looked at the ring again, and put it back in its hiding place.

I promised Jess I would wait until she was ready, and I wasn't going to break my word. I liked that idea of her having an engagement ring though; I just couldn't figure out how to give it to her.

"I'll join you outside in a minute," said Maggie, "just going to pop in to the loo."

*******

It was almost midnight when we finally said goodnight to the stragglers.

Tom and Maggie were helping us clean up.

"Maggie, where's Jess?" I hadn't seen her in a while.

She smiled, "She just headed into the kitchen. She said she needed your help with something, actually. Tom and I are going to head out now. Happy anniversary, Alex."

"Thanks, Maggie, for everything." I gave her a hug, "um, why is the kitchen door closed?"

Maggie shrugged, "I'd be lying if I tried to give you an answer."

Puzzled, I headed to the kitchen, but just as I was about to slide open the door, Maggie stopped me.

"Wait, Alex, take this!" she said, jamming Jess's ring into my hand and closing my fingers around it.

"Wha-?" I looked up at her.

"See you tomorrow, Alex!" Maggie opened the door and gave me a gentle push backwards into the kitchen. She grinned at me and slid the door shut.

I stared at the door for a moment. I needed my brain to do some catching up and make sense of what just happened, but I kept blanking out.

"Hi, honey."

I turned around.

Jess was on one knee, with a single rose in her hand.

My brain remained stubbornly stalled.

"Uh, Jess, what are you doing?"

"Remember how you said that I get to pop the question?"

I nodded. I felt dizzy.

She took a deep breath, "Alex, will you marry me?"

"Bloody hell, Jess, are you kidding me?" I blurted out.

My brain made a buzzing noise in my ears. Jess was very good at making my brain buzz.

"Will you?" Jess asked again.

I knelt down in front of her, "Yes. Yes, of course I will."

"YES!" Jess squealed and kissed me.

"You are SO schemy," I whispered in her ear.

"Ok, I admit it. I was scheming." Jess grinned.


JESS

Alex pulled me close, "You popped the question."

I nodded, squeezing her tight.

"No more freak outs!"

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 49 milliseconds