• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Taming an Immortal Ch. 02

Taming an Immortal Ch. 02

12

"Lord Etienne... do you have a home?" They've been travelling for months; a wanderer's life suited for the bachelor Pureblood.

"Do not burden the Master with your silly questions Rose!" reprimanded Keiko.

But Rose was adamant. Running as fast as her tiny feet could, she rushed to the front and tugged at his sleeves. "When you go home, can I come?"

She had remembered his eyes, the silver almost dancing in laughter even when his face remained stoic. "If you wish, Rose." Her hug had been instantaneous, a tiny koala clinging to the leg of the seven foot tall Vampire.

"Rose!" shrieked Keiko. "Get off you insolent little -"

"Let her be Keiko," he had replied, continuing with their journey, looking down only to make sure she had not slid off. It was only when she started to feel sleepy that her fingers loosened its grip, only to have the hazy consciousness of being lifted. Lord Etienne's scent was so close, so comforting... Rose only wanted to close her eyes and sleep on his shoulders.

He could not be serious! One strike? Surely he didn't think she was that skilled of a swordswoman?

But... dying was not an option.

Getting to her feet, Rose studied the elements around him, plotting the best strategy to leave that one mark on him without killing herself in the process. She knew he was watching her - listening to her heartbeat, taking in her change of scent in anticipation of her attack.

It was now or never.

Dashing forward, she feigned a straight thrust, using the force of his block to flip her weight towards a nearby tree. Lunging from that height, she swung her sword with all her might, the move intended to look like a calculated aim for his head.

That was when she switched hands, cutting her sword's trajectory abruptly, causing the blade to pierce the soft ground instead.

"That was disappointing Rose. I had expected-" Words died on his lips as she covered them with her own, forcing his fingers to relax and drop his own sword.

When his hands folded across the back of her waist, she knew she had him.

Sucker.

"Looks like I won Lord Etienne," she whispered against his lips; a thin blade the size of a chopstick aimed at the side of his throat.

His eyes flicked down towards her and then he smiled. "Seems you get to live another day."

Pushing herself off him, Rose took a step back to marvel in her victory.

He was still smiling when he knelt down to brush a stray tendril of hair from her face. "If you wish to learn the ways of the sword, I alone will teach you from now on." He tilted her chin slightly, much to her distaste. "But never do that again."

That. The kiss.

She hated him right then. Were her years of pining just a useless fantasy? He had just spoken to her as though she was still her ten year old self!

"We will head back to Kirke's." The words sounded effortlessly like a fact and it took all her willpower not to defy him.

"Yes my Lord." One battle at a time.

***

Priestess Kirke was busy preparing lunch by the time they arrived. Etienne turned to his human companion, knowing full well that she was hungry. Their little duel had drained her but from the stubborn tilt of her chin; it looked like she wasn't planning on admitting that.

"Lord Etienne!" Teary eyed Keiko bowed at the sight of his master. "I thought you've left me here!" Lifting his head, he scowled instead. "Rose."

"Master Keiko!" the soft feminine shout was pure happiness. Etienne shot a warning look at his advisor. The pudgy Noble swallowed his snide remark and welcomed her hug. "Oh how I've missed you!"

Etienne saw the pair running off to no doubt gossip and catch up with insulting each other. It was their modus operandi when together.

"I see you've brought her back," said Kirke when he entered her kitchen.

"You doubt the Lord Etienne?"

"In some instances, yes." She hobbled a little towards the stove. "Seven years my Lord... that girl was a shell with no soul."

Etienne looked out the window to catch Rose running after a waddling Keiko. At least some things never change.

"I am here now."

The Priestess pointed a wooden spatula at him. "Yes, but I am afraid you might be too late. Rose is of marriageable age. You will not cage her any longer my Lord. If you do not wish to take her back, then set her free. She will die before ever hearing the words she wishes to hear you say to her."

He clenched his teeth in an effort not to kill the old woman. How dare she tell him what to do? "Rose will decide."

"Decide what?" came the gentle feminine voice of the woman in question.

Etienne turned his head slightly to catch a glimpse of her behind him.

"Do you wish to stay here?" He held his breath, allowing the silence to take over as her body stiffened at his words. "Or... if you so wish, you may resume your travels, with me."

He turned slowly at the end of his sentence; his silvery eyes boring down on her. Rose had both hands covering her mouth and by the glimmer of tears in her eyes, he assumed she had made her decision.

"I will go and pack my things now," came the reply and then she was gone.

"Oh Lord Etienne..." cried Kirke. "Why do you punish her so?" The Priestess sat down by her stove; tears in her eyes. "A childless, loveless life..."

"This is her choice, Priestess," he said, taking his leave to join his companion in the living room. He was not surprised to see Rose already packed and ready to leave; her belongings fitting into a small drawstring bag that was now slung over her shoulder.

A quick glance at her choice of garb and a frown marred his flawless expression.

"Keiko, go to the marketplace and fetch me a befitting robe for our journey. Rose will not do in peasant clothings."

"Master? If I may be so bold to ask... where are we going to next?"

Etienne looked down at the bowing Noble. Why do these subordinates feel they have a right to question his decisions all the time?

"To the West." He was surprised he even bothered to reply. Perhaps it was for Rose's sake.

Keiko's eyes widened, the blue sparkling bright at his answer. "Yes! Yes of course Master. I will go right away!"

With Keiko gone, Etienne found himself alone with his human ward; her face unreadable. Had he made the right decision by giving her a choice?

"Who have you been practicing your sword with, Rose?" he asked.

The smash of broken glass behind them told him Kirke must have overheard his question.

"Well Rose? Answer him!" The old woman hissed at her ward even as the young woman crouched down to help her clear the broken china pieces.

"No one my Lord." Rose wasn't lying but she looked angry that he had unsettled her guardian. "The sword was a gift from Lord Etienne, Priestess."

He said nothing, simply watching the body language of the two women. Kirke's furrowed eyebrows and scrunched up nose was such a contrast to the glistening wide eyes and trembling pout on Rose's face.

"My Lord, was this your intention?" asked Kirke; a bite of anger in her words.

With a sigh, Etienne turned a lazy gaze to the women. "Rose may choose to do whatever she wishes with my gifts. It is not your place to question my actions." Turning his attention to the door, Etienne gave his parting words. "Keiko is here. We will leave now."

***

Her head was giddy with happiness as she laid on the back of Alduin, tracing the shapes of clouds above them. They usually had a woollen cover to protect her from the protruding bumps on the dragon's hide but their hasty departure did not give them much time to purchase one.

At the next town, he had promised.

"Move if it is more comfortable for you," was the instruction though his eyes never once left his forward focus on the road to look at her. Sometimes, Rose believed Keiko when he said that Lord Etienne had eyes on his back.

Sitting up, she did her best to position her body without moving too close to him. She'd rather have bruises up her bum than to show him her weakness. As a child, she would have curled on his lap to sleep and while he would grunt his disapproval, he kept still for hours until she finally woke up.

But Rose was not a child anymore.

"What lies in the West my Lord?" she asked instead. They had been travelling for two days straight and while they were not always privy to his plans, there were times when he was benevolent enough to share the knowledge.

With his eyes still to the front, he replied, "At the next town, we will buy what you need. Our journey will take us ten more days. No more unnecessary stops."

"Yes my Lord." She wasn't particularly disturbed at the unknown destination. Whatever lied in the west was worth the long journey.

Rose had to be eleven that year and for her birthday, she wanted a flower tiara. Lord Etienne took her to an open field of flowers and told her to make one for herself.

She ended up weaving them into his fine silvery-white hair instead.

Keiko had been livid; his face going white in shock but Lord Etienne did not move nor reprimand her. Instead, he rested his head against a tree trunk; eyes closed.

He wasn't sleeping. Vampires do not need rest.

"Lord Etienne?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think your family will like me?" She twirled a daisy lightly between her fingers. Lord Etienne opened one eye to look at her before closing them again.

"Do not burden yourself with such questions Rose."

"But!" She had to know. What if they didn't like her?

"You are my family now." His eyelids lifted open to reveal those silvery cat eyes she found so enchanting. "If you are finished, we will leave."

"We're here," he announced. "Keiko, you go ahead and purchase necessary supplies for Rose. See to it that she also has another decent change of clothes."

"Yes Master!"

The Noble hopped off the descending dragon and disappeared into the bustling town. Rose prepared to follow suit when Lord Etienne caught her by the waist, releasing her only when Alduin came to a complete landing.

"Before you go, I have something for you," he said, lifting a small trinket from his pocket. "I have seen many human women use these. Perhaps you may find it useful."

Rose accepted his gift with both hands; her eyes widening at the sight of the sculpted metal flower on top of the comb. Beautiful!

Scooping her long black hair into her hands, she twisted the length into a bun and secured it gently with the comb.

"How is it?" she asked, imagining the silvery flower a stark contrast with her black strands.

"Perfect. Now you may go."

Rose turned and looked up to face the towering Vampire. His lips were slightly tugged at each ends - as though attempting a smile - but before she could murmur her gratitude, he rubbed his knuckles gently against her cheeks.

"Tell Keiko not to fret too much over the shopping."

Rose nodded, turning abruptly to walk away, hiding what was surely a reddened face. It was perfectly normal for Lord Etienne to do that! It was just she who was forming silly thoughts. She should be happy that he was allowing her to tag along, after the terrible welcome she had given him - for which she was still not apologising for.

"My, my, my... look what we have here?"

So lost in her thoughts, Rose had bumped straight into the arms of a Changeling man. At a glance, Changelings and Noble Vampires may appear human but Rose had been in the company of Lord Etienne and Keiko long enough to know the difference.

Green eyes with a narrow slit for irises adorned his face while his bushy hair, though pulled back in a ponytail, bore the faint spots of a hyena.

Rose moved her hand slowly to the belt around her dress; the feel of her sword handle grounding her.

"Please allow me to pass," she said sweetly. "I am only a peasant girl wishing to go to the market."

"No one passes here without our permission!" he roared, bringing to his side two more men flanking his shoulders. "And you lie." He brought his snout closer to her neck, inhaling a scent that made his hair bristle on its ends. "You smell of vermin Vampire!"

Rose barely had time to react when the man shifted into his hyena form, pouncing straight towards her, knocking her flat on the ground. The sword that she had just pulled out was kicked swiftly out of her grip, lying a few feet away from her grasps.

"Ah, a feisty one we have here." The hyena laughed, burrowing his snout closer to her vulnerable neck. "Oh, what is this? Yes, it seems you are human after all!"

The pack howled in enjoyment. One of them snickered, his tongue licking her exposed calf. "We've never tasted live human flesh before! What a treat."

"No! Release me!" She tried kicking but it only served to excite the hyena even more for he gripped her legs tight, pushing them apart.

"Maybe we could play with her a little," he sneered; a nail ripping a tear on her undergarments. "Seems like she's in need of attention."

The other hyenas echoed her cries mockingly,laughing as they gathered around her.

"You smell so tender and pure." Another lick, this time a trail up her knee to mid thigh.

Her eyes flared open at the contact but her screams were muffled by a hand on her mouth. When she tried to bite him, the hyena slapped her hard; the ends of his claws slashing her cheek.

"Get your filthy paws off her."

The offending hyena had one eye slowly turn to his right where the sharp blade of Lord Etienne's sword met his neck.

"I will not repeat myself... vermin."

The hyena growled, baring his teeth in retaliation. "And who the fuck are you?"

Rose had to clench her eyes tight when the slicing blade severed his head, splattering blood all over her dress.

The other hyenas scampered away from Rose but they were hissing at him; their bodies arched, fur sticking out on sharp ends like frightened cats. Lord Etienne made no move to attack them but instead, bent down to scoop Rose in his arms.

"Let that be a warning," he said, turning his back away from them. "Be thankful to the human that I have not gutted each and every one of you."

"You will not get away with this Vampire!" shouted the leader of the pack as he dashed off after his kin.

The thought made her sick, but Rose forced herself to calm down, sneaking a peek at the group of hyenas running off with their tails between their feet. Lord Etienne said nothing to her but she noticed the flickering gold in his eyes when he saw the bruises and scratches on her face.

When they arrived back at Alduin, Keiko was already waiting for them, his sour expression transforming into exasperation.

"My Lord! Rose! What in the world happened!"

"Quiet Keiko!" snapped the Pureblood. "Give her the change of clothes at once."

Rose accepted the soft velvety material that Keiko shoved into her arms and quickly went behind some bushes in an effort to claim privacy. Even as she poked her hands through the arm hole of her new dress, she had the feeling the forest was watching her. Who knew what other Changelings hid amongst the trees?

When she was finally dressed, Rose stepped out into the clearing to find Lord Etienne staring at her with his arms on his hips.

"This won't do," he decided. "Take Alduin with you down the river. Wash yourself off the filthy blood and be back here by nightfall." He tossed her something hard - a bar of soap! "Keiko will prepare your dinner."

Rose chanced a glance at Keiko who looked like he was about to explode at the thought of preparing food for a human.

"Yes my Lord," she whispered, taking the two headed dragon by the reins. Following only the sound of the rushing water, she looked forward to her first bath in days.

She would thank him for saving her life again, later.

***

Meanwhile, in the Western Lands...

A woman with high cheek bones, bright silver eyes and knee length white hair stood at the top of the roof; her arms crossed in an elegant pose as the midnight wind blew her hair like a silvery cape behind her.

She had swapped her usual white fur coat for a long silky black gown to honour the passing of a great ruler. The Queen Mother only hoped that her son would surpass his father in power and in strength.

This new era had no place for a human-loving Immortal. After all, wasn't it his love for the human that killed him?

***

While Keiko fumed over his task of preparing food for Rose, Etienne left him alone to his muttering.

He had sensed a sudden deep loss and it had unsettled him - something that he was not used to feeling. It was as if a chunk of his soul had been wrenched out forcefully, leaving behind an empty cavity that was neither pleasant nor painful.

Part of him knew why but the other half was in denial.

How could the great Lord of the West die when he was immortal?

Etienne knew the answer to that but it mattered little at this moment. The journey home would have to be hastened - even if it meant making the journey on his own without Rose or Keiko slowing him down.

The splashing of water and feminine laughter drew his attention away from his thoughts. Instincts made him scan the surroundings for danger before moving closer to the source of the sound. It had been awhile since he heard the sound of her laughter and from the cold obedience she had been offering him for the past few days, it made him curious to know who or what was making his Rose happy.

The two headed dragon had its heads in the water; bubbles frothing from its mouth and nostrils causing Rose to jump up and down in glee.

She didn't seem particularly concerned that she was naked in a dangerous forest. Just what goes through that woman's mind? Did she not know that she was inviting problems onto herself?

With a sigh, Etienne leaned against a nearby tree and kept watch over his ward. Twenty years old - indeed, still an infant in the lifespan of an immortal but her physique, her mannerisms were no longer that of a child.

In the glow of the evening sun, her creamy skin glimmered against the light, the sensuous curves of her body hidden by the long strands of her hair. It would take a mere flick of his wrist to expose her nakedness to him.

She might hate him more for that.

Touch had anchored her to him a decade ago; a comfort that she sought, to battle the nightmares that plagued a child's mind. But now, Rose would barely sit near him much less hug him as she had done with Keiko. Did he truly hurt her feelings that much?

Ah, emotions- such a pesky human need. Etienne had no time for that as he looked up into the darkening skies. Bath time was over.

If his predictions were correct, then a power struggle could very much be already in effect - one between himself, his mother and uncle.

"Rose, stop that and get dressed. Alduin will take you and Keiko henceforth to the castle."

At the sound of her name, Rose ducked underwater, wide accusing eyes looking at him as her arms folded tight across her chest. Etienne always found it strange how obsessed humans were with modesty when Vampires and Changeling alike saw nakedness as a natural part of life.

"Have you been standing there for long, my Lord?" She moved gingerly to hide behind Alduin, peeking to the side to look at him.

Her cheeks were flushed and by the changing heat signature, it looked as if she was embarrassed.

"I simply do not wish to dispense my blade on anymore filth," he replied. "But if I must, then I would."

"Would it not be easier to just... talk?" she shouted from behind Alduin.

Talk? To the scum who dared touch her? He waited until she surfaced a while later, fully dressed and her hair tied secured once more in the metallic comb he had given her earlier.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Taming an Immortal Ch. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 55 milliseconds