The Heart of the Forest

***

She found Shoga the next night, in the deep dark woods, a pile of leaves in the intersection of three tree trunks. Her hand touched her chest, and she pulled a wispy tangle of light free, dangling it in her fingers, finally dropping it onto the leaves, where it sank down into the pile. A moment later, Shoga emerged, rising from the pile, higher and higher until he stood creaking above her.

"Hazhanaesha. You've returned." He gazed at her with his unblinking black eyes.

"Thank you, Shoga." She bowed her head to him. "For the DaySoul. I owe you a great debt."

"And you were able to make that memory you desired?"

"Yes."

"So now you are ready to set aside your foolish love."

She looked down, her eyes closed. He could see a tear drifting down her pale cheek. "Not yet," she spoke in a quiet voice. "But I will go with you. I will leave him now, just as I promised."

"It is not our way to stay in one place."

"I know."

Shoga beckoned her. "Come then. Let us see how far we can travel before the sun rises."

He began to walk, and Hazhanaesha followed him, and together they disappeared into the shadowy depths of the forest.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 56 milliseconds