The New Wolf Ch. 08

When David woke up he was holding Clara. He lifted his head and looked around, recognizing the room at James' clinic. For a few seconds he felt like they were home again and all of this was behind them. He gave her a kiss on her forehead before rolling her out of his arms and sitting up.

"Good you're awake." The doctor moved towards the bed. "I was hoping to get a look at my patient."

"How long was I asleep for?"

"About fourteen hours."

It felt like he'd closed his eyes for a minute. He stretched as his stomach let out a rumble.

"My Alpha and Luna are in the waiting room. They have food out there too if you want some."

"I don't want to leave her," David said. "In case she wakes up."

"I don't think that will happen in the next ten minutes. Let me examine her and go eat something."

Another rumble came from David's gut and he nodded at the doctor before heading back to the waiting room. James and Marilyn were both there with a huge tray of food.

"Have you been here this whole time?" David asked.

"No, we went to bed for a while." Marilyn stood up. "How is she?"

"Doctor's checking her out now." David took a seat and Marilyn handed him some chips. "James you must have a ton of things to do around here. You don't have to sit with me."

"Lucas wasn't even alpha for forty-eight hours. He didn't do too much damage. The pack is on their best behavior too. After I killed Lucas and announced Suzy's sentence they're afraid of me. I think it might do them some good to have a little fear."

"Are you going to execute her?" David asked.

"I'm not sure. I contacted the council and informed them of the events. They approved my decisions and recognized me as alpha again. This whole experience has shown me I need to change my leadership style. Lucas was a ticking time bomb; I should have banished him the first time he attacked Clara. Then none of this would have happened."

"You're a good man James." David meant it. "I'm sure you will figure out what is best for your pack, but think about at least getting them a TV."

James chuckled. David grabbed another random food item and started eating.

"I want to apologize to Clara. My treatment of her was wrong from the start."

"She knows you were trying your hardest at a difficult situation. Nobody blames you for anything. Besides, there is a reason for everything. We might not have ended up together if things had gone a different way."

A smile spread across James' face and he nodded.

"You're a better man, the best man for her," James said.

The doctor entered and all conversation stopped.

"She is looking great. I gave her an injection to counteract the sedative in her system. I expect her to wake within the hour."

David and James both rose.

"You should take some food back to her," Marilyn said. "Or let me know when she wakes and I'll make her something."

"I don't think David and Clara will be hanging out long enough to eat."

The alphas understood each other too well sometimes. Marilyn gave David a hug and James shook his hand.

"Goodbye," James said. "You and your mate have an open invitation on my land."

David nodded. Referring to Clara as his mate was a compliment, but David thought the word wasn't strong enough. They were better than mates, because they chose each other.

Once he made it back to Clara he pulled a chair to the side of her bed and held her hand. He watched as her sleep became lighter. She started moving her head, growing restless. A few minutes later and her eyes started to open. David couldn't wait to see her baby blues staring back at his. She woke, her lips pressed in confusion.

"David?" Her voice was horse.

"I'm right here." He pulled her hand to his mouth and gave it another kiss.

"Take me home."

David nodded his head and she closed her eyes again. A smile plastered across her face as tears started to roll down her cheeks. David promised himself he would make sure for the rest of Clara's life all of her tears would be tears of joy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The past two days felt like two years. When David parked the car it was well after midnight. Clara knew they should have stopped at a hotel, but she couldn't bare the idea of another night away from home.

"Let's walk," Clara said before David suggested another mode of transportation.

She reached out and grabbed his hand as they strolled up the snow covered hill. A storm was in the air. The moonlight shinned off David's blond head and soon snowflakes began to settle in his tresses.

"So he's really dead?" Clara hated that she felt comfort in someone else' demise, but they spent most of the drive ignoring the topic. Clara was ready for some closure.

"Are you alright? It's okay if you're not. He was your mate and you bore his mark."

"Lucas was no mate. He was an insane sociopath."

"His mark though," David said. "When he died you should have felt it, blinding pain coming from your heart... some even die from it."

Clara shook her head.

"All I felt was the pain from the knife, my head hurt from being smashed against the bars too. I wanted to give up. His mark... I went into heat again. This time all I could think about was him though. I would have let Roxy kill me because I was so distracted by it, but then I remembered you. It was like the heat lifted and I remembered to fight back. The thought of never seeing you again was devastating."

"I would have never let that happen."

Clara laughed. She turned her attention towards David, his eyes focused ahead of them, but his face was serious.

"I mean it. Clara we might not be soulmates, but I don't believe in fate. If one of us hadn't survived the night, we still would have been together one day. Mark or not make no mistake. You are mine forever."

"I love you." The words blurted out of Clara's mouth. She said them with such speed she wasn't certain he heard.

David stopped walking and turned to look at her. Their home was a few feet away.

"We should get inside before this turns into a blizzard," Clara said.

"What did you say?"

"The snow, it's picking up."

"Before that?"

Even in the darkness the blues of David's eyes bore down into hers. She couldn't look away even if she wanted to.

"I said I love you."

"Say it again."

"I love you."

"One more time."

"I love yo..." Clara couldn't finish the word before David's mouth was on hers.

She scooped her up and carried her the rest of the way, not even breaking their kiss when he opened the door. As he set her down they both ripped off their coats and boots. Clara placed her arms around David's neck as he lifted her hips in the air. This time she wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her to the bedroom.

He set her down gently on the bed, positioning himself next to her. He rolled he tongue across hers and she let out a whimper. There was no heat, no soulmate bond, this was two people who loved each other. The thought made Clara's heart race. She broke away and pulled her top off, tossing it on the floor. He did the same and soon they were nude in each other's arms.

Clara lay on her back while David leaned over her. They resumed their kissing and she gripped his bicep as his arm ran over her body. He stopped at her breasts and lightly grazed her hardening bud. A gasp made its way to her lips as her arousal increased. She pulled David's arm, positioning him on top of her and in-between her legs.

"I thought we might try a little foreplay tonight," David said as he kissed his way down her neck.

"I don't need foreplay. I want you, all of you."

Clara moved her hands down and grabbed him, positioning him at her slick entrance. If David minded her changing his plans he didn't show it. His tip slowed into her and Clara moved her hands up his back, arching her own as he pushed further inside. Once he was as deep as he could get Clara started rocking her hips as he slowly moved in and out of her. He felt amazing, but it was obvious he was holding back.

Clara ran her hand across his cheek as she gave him another passionate kiss. David increased his pace. Clara's pleasure grew, but she knew no release would come unless he went faster. She pushed his shoulder, rolling him onto his back as she straddled him. She sat up, perpendicular to David. He gripped on to her waist as she started to move her body to the speed that benefited her. She could feel his resistance, his hands trying to slow her down. Clara stilled and locked eyes with him.

"I won't break," she said.

David moved his hand to the small of her back and slid them both back on the bed so he was sitting upright. She was still in his lap, impaled by him. David grabbed the back of her neck and brought his mouth to hers. Clara started to rock her body again, this time David met her movements, lifting himself, moving deep inside her. He hit her bundle of nerves and she broke their kiss throwing her head back.

He kept his hand on the small of her back, and brought his free one between them. His thumb started pressing on her nub. The double sensation was too much for Clara and she let out a loud moan, unsure if she was moving or David was controlling her gyrations with his hand.

"Is that a challenge?" David asked in-between kissing her neck.

Clara couldn't focus on anything as he continued working both of her most sensitive spots. This thumb teasing her external pleasure point while his manhood pressed her core. The coil inside her was tightening to new levels.

"I'm going to make you mine forever." David dropped the playful tone of his voice.

"Please." Clara wasn't sure if she was begging for release or for David to act of his words. She wanted both to happen. There was no fear, Clara trusted David.

He let out a low growl and increased his thrusts, guiding Clara at a quicker pace as he started tapping against her nub with the rhythm of their movements. The coil exploded inside her and Clara's body shuddered with pleasure. She kept her head thrown back as moans of ecstasy escaped her throat.

David did not slow down and instead of Clara's pleasure falling off it continued, feeling like a second wave of pleasure was radiating from her core. Another growl escaped David. Clara felt his lips leave her neck. She closed her eyes and rode the high from her continued orgasm.

She felt pressure on her neck and sparks flooded her body, radiating from her neck. Clara brought her hand to the back of David's head, running her fingers through his hair. Her heart felt like it was beating out of her chest as the sparks continued to spread.

David pulled his head back and Clara straightened her neck, locking eyes with him. His blue eyes looked black from the dilated pupils. Clara felt pure love when their eyes met. She ran her hands across his back and felt like electricity was flowing between them.

"I love you," Clara said.

He smiled and started to reply when Clara felt the intense pleasure start to weight her down. She collapsed against his chest. Knowing consciousness was going to leave her soon, Clara pooled all her strength together. She didn't need to think about how to act next, instinct overcame her. In one sharp movement she opened her mouth and clamped her teeth down at the same spot David had bit her. He let out a groan and now it was his turn to explode.

Clara bit harder. It was impossible to explain what was happening, but she felt like a part of her soul slid from her teeth and into David. Instead of feeling empty or negative a light flutter hit her heart. She pulled her teeth away, but couldn't lift her head.

"I love you."

Those were the last words Clara heard before exhaustion took over. A smile spread across her face as she lay on David's chest. Every horrible thing that happened to her led her to this moment. She didn't know or care if it was fate or the doing of some celestial being. All that mattered is that she belonged to David as much as he belonged to her. Now nothing could keep them apart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

The snowy winter gave way to a wet spring and a temperate summer was now unfolding. Clara stood at the top of the hill, about twenty feet out from her home. She ignored the noises of the saws and hammers, focusing on the small building. She went back to behind her easel and added some detail to the roof of her painting.

She had always focused on fixing other's artwork, it never occurred to her to try her own. The last few months David pushed her to try and she found herself enjoying the process. She stepped back out from behind her painting to see her partner approaching from the side of the house. His jeans hung low on his hips and the sweat glistened off his shirtless chest. Clara brought her hand to her mark as she stared at the matching one he wore.

The experience was nothing short of magical. Clara didn't know she was capable of loving another person as much as she loved David. The time with Lucas was a distant memory, one Clara barely reflected on. His mark was filled with confusion and pain, while David's only brought comfort and joy.

"Please let me bring you a chair," he said.

Clara picked up her glass of water and handed it to him.

"No peaking at my painting," she said.

"I know it's of the house," he replied. "Or else you want to capture the essence of the construction."

"Just because you know the subject doesn't make the outcome any less of a surprise."

Clara looked at the additional framework the men had already put up. They were adding on two more bedrooms, a bathroom, and a finished basement.

"Are you sure you don't want a new place from scratch? One with more square footage?"

She draped her arms over his shoulders, not carrying about his sweat, and pushed her forehead to his.

"This is our home," she said. "I never want to leave it behind."

He kissed her forehead and then rubbed her back, resting his chin on top of her head. Clara closed her eyes and breathed him in, hoping to never escape his perfect scent. A small kick caused them both to laugh. David pulled away and dropped to his knees, his face right at Clara's belly.

"Someone can't wait to participate in the family hugs," he said, leaning forward and planting a kiss.

Clara felt a bigger kick and was sure her stomach moved.

"At the rate he's growing I don't think he'll last another three months in there. You better get back to work and make sure his room is ready for his arrival."

"I think she's trying to tell her mother to sit down and relax every once and a while." David stood back up. "Please let me bring you a chair?"

David stood up and his blue eyes glimmered down at her. He pouted his lips and Clara let out a laugh.

"Boy or girl, I hope they don't get your puppy dog expression." Clara said. "Then I'll never stand a chance against either of you."

A grin spread to David's face. He took off for the house to grab Clara a chair she didn't need. She ran her hand over her stomach and let the happiness of her situation sink in. She was with the most loving, kind, and generous man on the face of the earth and her baby would have him as a father. She couldn't think of a better gift for her unborn child.

When she thought back to that fateful night she could never be sure if she had survived because the moment Lucas died her senses came back or because her love for David reigned supreme and forced Lucas' hold on her away. She liked to think the former, but knew it didn't matter either way. David was her everything and she would have never survived this life without him. She smiled, knowing he felt the same way about her.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 198 milliseconds