The Truth at the End of the Day

I collapsed on her, we hugged in the afterglow. Our bodies wet with the efforts of passion. We showered together, Chris exploring a man's body fully for the first time. She learned where to touch and kiss, and reveled in the experience. And more than earlier I longed to be with Chris forever. I had fallen in love with the one woman that would say no to me.

Yes we were lovers, but Chris was using me now to learn how to love someone else. I had shunned people all my life for wanting me for their own gain. I suppose you could make the argument that Chris was only indulging me for her benefit, but I looked upon it as a chance for Chris to possibly fall in love with me, as I had with her. It was an opening, albeit a small one, to gain access to her heart.

We spent the day walking along the shore of the lake, enjoying each other. Holding hands, talking about nothing important, and just spending the day together. That night we made love, slow and sensual. I can never remember a time in my life to compare. If I were to never see Chris again, I will recall this day with her until I die.

We returned home the next day. I sensed sadness in Chris and asked her about it. She skirted the issue, talking but not giving an answer. As I dropped her at her door, she kissed me and ran to her apartment. There was a tear in her eye as she left my car. I tried to call her later, but she never returned my call. That was to be the last time that I saw Chris for years. Chris had disappeared, leaving me with no way to contact her.

I won't tell you I didn't miss Chris, I did terribly. She was truly the only person I had let into my life. But we had agreed that our time together would mean no strings, she owed me nothing. I would learn to live without her.

Other women didn't interest me, I had decided to travel for a while to get my head back in the game. Two weeks after my weekend with Chris, I left town. I really had no destination in mind, I would go as the mood dictated. I moved about the world for three months before returning home.

I was over Chris about as much as I would ever be. I proudly had left Whiskey Jack on the shelf. I dated but not nearly as much as I had BC "Before Chris". In my minds eye none of the more beautiful or wild women compared. I had resigned myself to spending the rest of my days as a bachelor.

But again something unexpected happened. I was driving home from work one evening, I was waiting behind a car at a stoplight. As the light turned green and I started to move, a flash from my right side caught my eye. I hit the brakes, not in time to avoid hitting the woman running in front of my car.

I quickly called an ambulance and police to the scene, and exited the car to tend to the woman. She appeared to have a broken leg and a few scrapes and bruises. She was alert and telling me how sorry she was. I tried to calm her and told her not to worry. Offering to call her relatives for her, she asked me to call her mother. I made the call and promised to let her mother know more after the paramedics arrived.

An unusual start to a relationship it was. I had offered my services to her and her mother in any way they needed. I did take her mother shopping, as she didn't drive. Anne didn't want to impose, but I drove her to her doctors and to rehabilitation. I felt responsible, though the police had pronounced it an accident.

Anne didn't come on to me like other women did, it reminded me of Chris. After months of recuperation, Anne's cast was removed. I asked her and her mother out to supper to celebrate. I think her mother was instrumental in Anne's acceptance.

We went to dinner together, the three of us. We danced a little but that was awkward for Anne, I danced with her mother as well. When I took them home, they both had kissed me thanking me for the help over the last few months. There was something to Anne's kiss that left me wanting more.

We began to see each other on a more regular basis. To explain Anne in one word, well, I suppose the word would be timid. This on its own was not what was strange to me. Where I had seen Anne as an introvert, I was confused after our first time in the bedroom.

I have had women of all shapes and sizes, from virgins to whores. I felt I was as experienced as one could be, but Anne, she had an aptitude for sex. I could not believe the things she could do or the positions that we tried.

We soon married, but not solely from love on my part. Have you ever done anything stupid? And when someone asked you why you had done it, your answer was, "It seemed like the thing to do at the time." Well, this was why I had married Anne.

Years had passed, and Anne proved to be a good wife. She was the trophy on my arm at company functions, she was the ultra-whore in the bedroom. She cooked and kept house, I had offered to hire help, but Anne preferred not have strangers in the house. I was frankly ok with this, I was around money my whole life and was not impressed with the lifestyle. I wanted a more modest existence, so I had sold the mansion my granddad had built, many years earlier.

Well, now that you've sat patiently and let me ramble on about my miserable life, let's get on to why you all came here. Yes, the juicy part, this is where I find my loving wife has betrayed me for another man's love. The part of the story where the poor bastard learns he was not man enough for his woman. His life is crushed and he can't go on with out the love of his life. The wife loves the husband but she needs a twenty-six inch cock, as big around and the same color as the tires on your car.

Well my friends, that shit simply ain't happening here!!! This story isn't about that crap. This story is about greed, pure and simple. It is money that turns people into blood thirsty predators.

I first learned of Anne's betrayal the same way most cheating wives are caught, carelessness. At work one afternoon I was bored as usual. Remember me, the guy that doesn't have to work, so I don't. Yeah well, I was hanging out at the office wondering what Anne was up to. Do you have any idea how many things you can do with a computer? So anyway, with a few mouse clicks I had accessed my home network. The home surveillance is tied in to the network. I think you get the idea now.

Anne was sitting in the kitchen drinking an iced tea with two slices of lemon. My camera setup is that good, I could probably count the number of ice cubes if you really needed to know. I noticed she wasn't alone, a few more clicks and I had my lawyer on screen. Bill Larsen, he was a real piece of work. I hated him to no end, but he was the best attorney money could buy. I when I say buy, I mean that prick would do anything for a dollar.

I had tuned in just as he was getting up to leave. I had no idea what they talked about, but it looked to me like it was over. I changed cameras as she escorted him to the door. At the door Bill grabbed Anne and pulled her to him, he bent down and kissed her mouth. Anne didn't seem too pleased and was struggling with him. She managed to push him away, and then slap his face. I heard her words.

"You low life prick, I wouldn't fuck you for any amount of money. I'll go along with your idea but if you ever touch me again I'll cut off that thing you call a dick and feed it to you. Now get out!"

"The game is afoot," said Sherlock Holmes to Watson. Well, I didn't know anybody named Watson, so I was talking to myself. But the game was surely afoot. I had better get my head out of my ass and find out what is going on. You already know I'm no mastermind, when I find I need help what do I do? I hire the best to look out for my interests.

John was the one to get the best, and he did. They were in my office in under an hour. Bullard Discrete Inquiries, Jeff and Paul, the men sitting before me. Thirty minutes of Q and A latter, they were armed with all the pertinent data to investigate my life from day one. With the information I had combined with the surveillance system in place, I could have found what I needed to know myself. But the thought of viewing hours and hours of video just wasn't my cup of tea.

Investigating this myself would also take some time. Yes, I had the time to spare, but if you work while you are angry mistakes will be made. I felt that when I saw what I suspected was happening I would flip out. This would be difficult for two reasons. First I wanted no doubt as to what was going on before I reacted. I needed to know the whole story all at once to make proper decisions. And second and most importantly, if I was angry with Anne for something that I already knew, how could I act normally around her. I didn't want her to be suspicious of me.

Well, I can't say that the plan of Anne and Bill's was what I had expected. Their plan was to turn me into the "C" word. No, not cuckold, the "C" word was corpse. The Bullards had uncovered the entire plot in only five days. This had me rethinking my reaction to the affair I had believed was going on. Divorcing Anne and firing Bill would hardly be enough punishment for their collusion. Shit! They were trying to kill me.

It was not clear at first to Anne when Bill approached her to get rid of me. She told him she saw no good reason to divorce me. While the prenuptial agreement would provide her with enough funds to live on, it would not be as much as simply staying with me. As she told him that I wasn't a perfect husband, she still saw no reason to leave me.

As he laid out the plan to kill me and the reality of my net worth sunk in, Anne's greedy side began to understand. She was still reluctant to commit to such an illegal and immoral act. The dollar signs soon won out, she could see herself as the grieving widow with more money than could be spent in ten lifetimes.

Bill had made some horrible investments and was in deep financial trouble. He saw me as his ticket to riches and had no qualms with taking my life. It was all on video from the hard drive in my security system. They were planning to kill me as they set at my table, calmly plotting as if it were no more than a surprise party for me. Yeah, some surprise I thought.

From the evidence the Bullards had accumulated to this point, there would be no problem getting a conviction for the both of them. Conspiracy to commit murder could put them in jail for life, and I liked this option for Bill. The idea of him living with thieves and murderers for the rest of his life appealed to me.

Anne had metaphorically stabbed me in the back, I had never seen it coming. My so-called loving wife had betrayed me to the point I wished she had been fucking Bill. At least then I wouldn't fear for my life. I would have to watch her closely. My retribution would confound Anne, and leave her staring in shock and awe.

I knew from the report the Bullards had given me, the murder would be soon. I had only two weeks to pull my ass out of the frying pan. I tried to remain calm around Anne, usually sleeping with one eye open. She seemed to be the same old loving Anne, and the girl could act the part well. By the end of the week my revenge would be set into motion.

At noon Friday, I called the house and Anne answered the phone.

"Hello."

"Hi Anne, it's Rob."

"Hi Baby, how's my lover today?"

"Well, I'm a little tired but I'm good."

"What's up?"

Anne can you come to the office right away? I have a little surprise for you."

"Sure Honey, I'll be there in twenty minutes, you know how I love your surprises."

"Great, I'll see you in a bit."

I hung up the phone and went to John's office.

"John, she's on her way now. Is every thing ready on your end?"

"Yeah, Rob, all set. You have about forty eight hours to get her out of the country."

"How about Bill?"

"The DA will have him arrested as he walks out of church on Sunday."

"Good, Do you have the Bullards working on that other project?"

"Yeah, They're on it."

"John, why do you stick with me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why have you stood behind me after all of these years? I don't understand why you didn't just leave me to the wolves."

"I suppose Rob, that you looked up to me. It's a good feeling to be needed. Besides if I had left, I would have missed all that crazy shit that you seem to get yourself into. It's like free entertainment."

"John, thank you."

Anne arrived in my office minutes later. I am still unable to comprehend how she could act so normal around me. My god, if it were me that was conspiring to kill her there is no way that I could look her in the eyes. As apathetic as I am, she gets my vote for the least caring and most selfish person I have ever met. It truly was all about her.

"So Rob, what's the big surprise?"

"Well hello to you too, Anne."

"Oh god, I'm sorry Baby. You know how I love surprises."

"Yeah, you're going to just love this one."

"Please don't keep me waiting, what is it?" she said as she sat in my lap and wrapped hear arms around me.

"If you'll stop crushing my balls maybe I'll tell you."

"Please, please, please."

"Ok, come with me and I'll explain it to you on the way to the airport."

"Airport? I'm not packed. Where are we going? What will I wear?"

"Don't worry I took care of every thing. If I get my way you won't need any clothes."

We were off to Paris. I told Anne only part of her surprise. I'd planned a little trip that neither of us would soon forget. I had carefully packed our bags the night before we had left. If I had told Anne about our trip and allowed her to pack her own suitcase, there was a chance she may have brought the pills she was intending to poison me with.

If Bill had learned of this little jaunt, I'm quite sure he would have convinced Anne that it wold be the perfect opportunity to kill me. John had been the one to remind me of this. With the forensic sciences what they are today, the chances of their plan succeeding would be much greater abroad.

My strategy would be to stay so close to Anne that she would believe we were attached at the hips. I would also plan to attach myself near her hips as much as I could. I didn't know when I might encounter another woman that could fuck like Anne. This may sound selfish of me to you, but with all due respect I still don't care what you think about me.

While Anne was enamored with Paris, I have always thought it was over the top somewhat. The waiters are rude and condescending and the shopping overrated. Paris would be better if it were inhabited by the Dutch. I do have to say that the bread is good though.

Our days were spent sight seeing. Our evenings were filled with fine restaurants and theatre. The nights oh yes the nights. I tried to wear the top four layers of skin off of my dick. I fucked Anne to the full extent that medical science would allow. Thank god for the little blue pills. For the first time since we had met, Anne begged me to stop because she was worn out.

I did happen to get away from Anne early one morning to call John. I needed to know how things went with Bill's arrest. John told me it was the talk of the whole town. Bill was sitting in jail and his wife had refused to bail him out. He was crying like the little bitch he was. The arrest warrant for Anne was waiting to be served, the police were not very happy about my taking Anne out of the country.

After a week of Paris, We sailed on a cruise ship to Scandinavia. We relaxed while enjoying the food and nightlife on the ship. Anne was in the pool as I watched her one afternoon. I was sitting in a lounge chair wishing things had turned out differently. She was good wife to me if you over look the part of her that wanted me dead.

If only I could have loved her, instead of accept her as a convenience. This was probably my fault, not many women could live their lives in a union such as ours. I had so many women tell me they could before Anne, but I still don't believe they could do it happily. If only Chris could have given me a chance, just a chance.

The cruise continued up the coast of Scotland. From there we traveled to a small port in Iceland, unbeknown to Anne this was our final destination together. After renting a car, we drove to a small resort about thirty miles inland.

Anne questioned me about why we had left the ship. This was not the type of place she would have chosen for a vacation at all. Anne absolutely hated the cold, and after all she was a big city girl. I explained that I had been there before and wanted to see it one more time before we continued on our voyage.

We had an early supper that evening in the hotel, as it was the only restaurant. We were shown our room, and I retired early. I told Anne that I would like to get up early the next day to see the sunrise there. I didn't sleep that night knowing what the morning would bring

By dawn I had packed my bag, I included our passports and all of Anne's identification. I left her clothes and enough cash to support her for several months. As the sun rose over the tall trees of the nearby forest, I genitally woke my soon to be ex-wife.


"Anne, wake up I need to tell you goodbye."

"Whaa what, do you mean goodbye?" confusion was in her eyes.

"Just what I said Anne, goodbye. I'm leaving you and returning home." I said with no emotion.

"You can not be serious. You can't leave me in this shithole. Have you gone totally insane?"

"No, I don't think so. As a matter of fact I think I have become a little wiser."

"But why would you do this to me? And what makes you think that I will stay here even if you leave?"

"That's easy my dearest wife. I have a little trouble with your plan that you concocted with that bloodsucker Bill. You see I'm not quite ready to die just yet. I really don't see anyway to forgive you for that. And as to why you WILL stay here, if you try to leave the country you are going to need a passport. There is a warrant for your arrest awaiting you back home. Also a federal warrant has been issued for fleeing to avoid prosecution. If you try to get a new passport you will be extradited back to face charges."

"Please, there has to be a way." Anne was shedding tears now.

"I'm afraid not. But you should know the funny part before I go. If you had asked for a divorce you would have gotten your half of the money anyway. You have always known that money doesn't mean much to me. I never intended to use the prenup, it was John that insisted on it."

On the flight home, sadness filled my heart. Part of me wished now that Anne would have succeeded. Better off dead, this seemed to be my fate. At the very least, Anne would have enjoyed the wealth.

My homecoming was bittersweet. I was still alive, but to what end? There was nothing to come home for, and certainly no one to greet me. Goddamn it, what a cruel joke my life was. That old adage about money not buying happiness must have been written about me.

I filed for divorce as soon as I could. It would be simple, it was just a matter of time before they could declare abandonment. John had given me the only good news that had seen for quite some time. The Bullards had indeed come through again. I reminded myself to send them a note of gratitude along with the enormous check for their services.

Chris was now living on the West Coast in a small northern California town. She was now a widow with a young daughter. Although I had no clue as to what I would say to her after all this time, I had to try. If the slightest chance existed, I must try.

Time had been very kind to Chris. I can't remember her looking this good, in my eyes she had become the most desirable woman I had ever seen. She was genuinely happy to see me as well. We caught each other up to date on our lives. As we talked there was an under lying tension, neither wanting to break the barrier. I fired first, I had to know.

"Chris, why did you run away from me after Tahoe?"

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 55 milliseconds