The Truth at the End of the Day

"It's complicated Rob, I don't know if I can talk about it."

"Please Chris, I need to know."

"I can't Rob. Its too painful to think about."

"Did I do something wrong? I would never do anything to hurt you, let me make it right."

"Oh god no Rob, it wasn't you. It was me, you were wonderful."

"I don't get it Chris, you didn't do anything wrong. I was afraid that I was getting too close, that maybe I was pushing you too fast."

"No Rob stop, I just can't talk about it."

"Chris, I've got to know what happened. Just tell me please."

"You still don't take no for an answer do you?"

"No, and I'm not leaving until we settle this. I love you Chris, I want to know why."

"You what? No Rob, don't do this."

"Chris, I do love you. I have loved you all these years."

"Oh god, you don't want me Rob. That's why I ran away. Not because you loved me, but I'm not what you think. The fact that you love me just makes it worse. I'm just like all the other whores, now I'm the worst one. Rob when we met I didn't want you because I thought you were an asshole. After a while I started to like you, and that complicated my feelings for you."

"Are you saying you love me?"

"No Rob, what I saw was a nice guy with money. I saw a chance to have a life with a rich man that could fuck. But when you made love to me that last night, I couldn't do that to you. You see, I was looking at you like all the others had. But I ran before I could hurt you." Chris was crying now.

"Chris, It doesn't matter to me."

"No Rob, now that you know about me, I can never look at you without feeling like I had betrayed you. It does matter to me, and it would never work. This is one time you will have to take no for your answer."

I walked two steps and turned to look at my beautiful Chris for the last time. I read somewhere that there is a woman out there for every man. It may be true, but I feel like I had found and then lost that special woman. I will continue to search for woman to spend my life with, but my heart tells me that I will search in vain.

If you think that money is the answer to all of you woes, think again my friend. While the money I have is connected to every heartbreak in my life, it was never the cause. People are at the center of your troubles. Can you dissect them completely from your life? Certainly not, you can only try to choose wisely with whom you let touch you soul. There is no store to buy love or friendship, it can only be earned through trial and error.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 51 milliseconds