• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy
  • /
  • Titans Ch. 05
  • /
  • Page ⁨3⁩

Titans Ch. 05

Bodies were torn to shreds by shrapnel or burned by the incredible energy. Alex stood in the middle of a smoking crater, as he had when he'd first landed on this strange planet. He took a deep breath and looked around. Anna was gone from the mountain top, blocked from his sensors by sheer weight of rock intervening. He briefly thought about following her, but put the notion aside; it would be hours before he could reach her even if she was just sat on the far side of the peak, and he had no idea where she was heading.

Alex turned back the way he had come with a heavy heart. It hurt to have been so close, but at least he knew she was okay. He didn't make it far before Elizabeth found him, riding down from an adjacent hillock.

"What happened?" She called out as Alex opened the cockpit.

"They were ready for me."

Alex examined the manacles up close, taking in the design of the clasp and working out the thinnest point. His left wrist blade sparked and pulsed against the metal, but began to melt through it. The manacle fell to the floor with a clatter, he repeated the process with the other wrist.

"They sure weren't ready for Anna," he mused.

"Your lieutenant was there? Where is she now?" Elizabeth trotted closer, around the fallen shackles.

"Gone, I don't know where," he gave a genuine, beaming smile, "She's alive though."

"That's great news," Elizabeth smiled back, "And you'll be pleased to know the town is fine, if a little scared."

"That's a relief," he sighed.

An awkward silence reigned for a minute, then Elizabeth turned her horse about and pointed it back to where they had left the army.

"Let's head back," she suggested gently.

The two soldiers made slower progress on the return journey, winding through the valleys for the sake of the horse rather than forging a straight path. They turned a final bend alongside a small stream that ran through the hills and were confronted by the hubbub of the camp setting up for the night.

There was no fanfare to herald their arrival, though Alex caught a few appreciative looks from those who had been present for the meeting. The general and his staff seemed content to ignore them, which suited Alex just fine.

They went their separate ways once more at Elizabeth's campsite. Alex trudged onwards, his head heavy with thoughts. As he arrived at the Irregulars' camp he dismounted in a daze, only to be shocked out of it as Talia slammed into him with a hug.

"I'm glad you're okay," she whispered in his ear, drawing back to take in his contemplative expression, "What happened?"

"I saw Anna," he couldn't keep the smile off his face, as he met her eyes.

"She's okay?" Talia's eyebrows went up.

Alex nodded.

"You have to tell me all about it," she ordered as she led him into the ramshackle tent.

They talked about the events of the afternoon until the sun had set. Alex sharing stories of his lieutenant around the campfire. Eventually, they all began yawning and stretching, and decided to call it a night.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy
  • /
  • Titans Ch. 05
  • /
  • Page ⁨3⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 627 milliseconds