A Different Kind of Woman

"I guess I just need to...make my way in the world."

"You are doing fine. By the way, Alice will be home in two weeks for the Summer. Come and see her, see what happens?" He stood up, shook Sec's hand again.

"Life has a way of seeing to it that things work out for the best if you let it." Ron told him.

Sec went back to work. The town was quiet, and the rules were far different here than what he had known at the mining camp. He knew that the County would probably throw a fit if he slapped someone silly for creating trouble. That all seemed to be a lifetime ago.

He was sitting just off the highway in his big cruiser when he saw the little silver sports car go by. It was flying, he took off in pursuit. It was nearly four miles down the road when he caught up.

"Sec! I didn't know you were already working here." Alice smiled at him. Sec glanced at the young man sitting in the passenger seat, he was wearing a business suit. Alice had on a loose top, it was unbuttoned way too far. She also had on a short skirt, a lot of her legs were bare.

"You were moving way too fast, Alice."

"Are you going to write me a ticket?" She grinned up at him.

"It's warning, you need to slow it down." He told her. He scribbled out the form, handed it to her.

"See you later." He told her, turning to go back to his cruiser.

"Sec!" She opened the door and got out. He stopped and looked at her. Alice was well dressed, she had on makeup, she looked...expensive?

"I want you to know...I am sorry? Things..change."

"I know. It's all right." Sec went back to his cruiser. Alice got back in the car, she said something to the man with her, he looked back with a scowl.

Sec watched as the little sports car drove away. Sitting in silence surrounded by his thoughts, he felt a tear slip down his cheek.

One day he drove into the station at the end of his shift. The day had been completely boring, just one small fender bender and a call about a barking Dog. He had also picked up a meal and delivered it to old lady Harrision that was housebound in a wheelchair.

He was in his own car on the way to his house when he saw a man running down the street. Glancing over, a woman was screaming. It took a moment, Sec realized the man had the woman's purse. He spun his older Chevy and gave chase. At a corner, the man tried to turn towards a park, Sec slammed to a stop and took off after him.

In just a few strides he caught the man and took him down. The struggle was brief. He used the zip ties he always carried to secure the man's hands, then making him lean over the trunk he reached for his radio to call it in.

A city officer showed up in minutes, took the man into custody. Then Sec went over to the woman, who was standing there sobbing, frightened.

"Here, miss." He told her, handing her the purse.

"Oh, thank you!" She said, looking up at him. That was when Sec recognized her, she was one of the secretaries on day shift staff at the station. He had noticed her, her name was Kathleen, a pretty brunette.

"Here, let me give you a lift home." He told her.

"Thank you." She got into his car and directed him to her house. It was just a half dozen blocks.

"I always walk to work, it's so close. I never dreamed...."

"We do have a few bad ones around, you need to be careful." He told her. She thanked him again, got out and went inside, waving with a smile before she closed the door.

The next day Sec stopped and chatted with her briefly before going on shift, that evening he asked her if he could drive her home.

Over the next couple of weeks, he drove her home each night.

Then one evening she asked him inside.

"I want you to meet my Mom." She smiled.

"And my little girl, Mary." She gave him a sidelong glance to see his reaction. There wasn't any, Sec had already heard about that, and the husband that had been lost in Iraq.

Her Mom was a white haired older lady, the little girl was about three. She was sitting on the floor, playing with some cardboard boxes.

They visited, then she came out onto the porch with him.

"You really are a nice guy, aren't you?" She asked him, stepping closer.

Sec didn't know how to answer that, then she slipped into his arms and they kissed. That made Sec's head swim, it had been a very long time since he had kissed anyone. It wasn't the eager open mouthed mashing of lips like it had been with Alice, instead her lips were pursed, it was almost....polite?

Four months later they were married. Nearly every policeman for miles around was there, it was one hell of a party.

That night they walked into the bedroom at Sec's house. He felt mildly nervous, to that point all they had ever done was kiss. Sec didn't want it to end up wrong, he never did more than just hold her and kiss her.

He wanted their joining to be...right?

"Can we turn the lights down?" She asked, a blush on her face.

"Sure." Sec walked over and turned the switch off, the only light in the room was from an outside street light on the corner.

He turned to her, she began to undress.

"Let me do that." He told her. Kathleen let her arms drop, he unbuttoned the simple blouse she wore at the after wedding party, then slid it off her shoulders. Unhooking the bra, he slid it forward, then reached up to stroke her heavy breasts. They were very soft, with a slight sag.

Kathleen blushed mildly, a shy smile on her face.

He gently urged her onto the bed, then undressed himself. She reached down for him, finding him completely erect. She gasped at the first touch. Until that very moment they had not been nude with each other, they had not even petted any.

"Oh, God! I didn't realize. I don't know if I can...."

"You can. It will be just fine." He said, taking her in his arms.

Kathleen's stomach was also soft, there was a slight swelling there. He traced the faint scars with a fingertip. He slid the undergarments off her hips, then nuzzled her body for a long time. She kept a firm grip on his erection.

Their joining that first time took quite a bit of effort, he felt her wince in pain at first, then finally she relaxed. For just an instant, that first time with Alice crossed his mind, then that faded quickly.

It was sweet, comfortable after that. The next morning, he slid the covers off of her sleeping body. She lay curled up beside him, her breath coming in small snores.

He saw a mature woman lying beside him, her body so different from the lithe and athletic one of Alice.

He did feel mildly ashamed of thinking of Alice at that moment, then the thought of her faded as Kathleen woke up. He felt his head spin with love as a soft smile crossed her lips. She glanced down at herself, them back at him.

"Morning honey. What are you doing?"

"I am checking out my prize!" He grinned at her.

She laughed with delight, then jerked the covers back, reaching out for him just like she had the night before.

"I didn't know that men even had things like this!" She giggled, playing with his erection.

Their lovemaking that morning was more urgent, active.

Just a month later Sec put money down on a nice four bedroom house with some acreage. That gave them room for her mother and little Mary, and perhaps more later.

The next year, Sec ran for the County Sheriff position and won. The results put him ahead by just 67 votes. He had spotted the big ads in support on him, it took him awhile to figure out that many of those came from Alice's father, Ron.

He also saw the ads from his competitor, they had searched out and found about some of his early life and used that against him.

It didn't work, Ron's team presented him a regular guy, one who had prevailed against long odds, and honest to a fault. There had been a few small scandals about the last Sheriff over the 20 plus years he had held the post. For one thing, he lived in a half million dollar home overlooking the County seat, and that was never really explained as fitting a Sheriff's salary.

Ron even sent someone down to drive old lady Harrison to the polls, wheelchair and all.

Things like that helped a lot.

The former Sheriff shook his hand, telling Sec, "I never should have hired you!" Then he laughed and left.

Sec drove out later to thank Ron.

"You were the best choice, Sec. The least I could do is support you."

"How is Alice?" Sec asked.

"She married that stockbroker, I guess she is doing fine." There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Sec let that slide.

Life as the County Sheriff was a big improvement, it meant higher pay and respect. Sec was completely happy with Kathleen, too. He seldom thought of Alice until one day he read in the local paper about her high profile divorce.

He shrugged at that, then his mind flashed back to all of the good times. But he was far too busy with his work, and with evenings at home carefully rubbing Kathleen down with Cocoa butter to keep her from developing stretch marks.

Kathleen got extremely big, her navel poked out a full inch. He delighted in tickling it, getting her to giggling.

The twin boys arrived right on schedule. He took a lot of ribbing around the station, his men making wisecracks about "doubling" up and his "Cannon" being overloaded.

Kathleen quit her job at the station to care for the household.

Just one short year later the twin girls arrived.

That really did increase the good natured ribbing.

The quiet evenings at home changed to mayhem.

The crew he hired to build the additions on their house were very efficient, they had it up and finished in less than a month.

Their home now had seven bedrooms, although at first they kept the two sets of twins together in their own rooms.

Life became very busy in just a few short years. They hired a live in helper, a big boned Swedish woman named Nikola. She was wonderful with the kids, in short order she became part of the family. Sec outfitted her quarters with a stove, fridge, TV set so she could live privately.

She spent nearly all her time living with them as part of the family anyway.

His life was settled, good.

One day he was sitting in his office going over the reports when the intercom went off.

"There is a lady to see you. She says it is a private matter?" His receptionist said.

"OK. Send her in."

Alice walked in, smiled at him and sat down. He instantly noticed her blouse, it was unbuttoned way too far. He was mildly surprised, she appeared to be much older than he would have expected, even the careful makeup couldn't hide that.

"Hello, Sec."

"What can I do for you, Alice?" Sec was careful to keep himself completely calm in that manner he had learned sitting in a tight jail cell so many years before. Just the sight of her caused those same old reactions in his body, he had no control over that.

"I just wanted to see you, see how you are doing."

"Kathleen and I are doing fine." He told her.

"Four kids, I hear?"

"Five, actually." He said.

"I would have loved it if they had been mine." She said flatly.

"I know."

"Do you? Do you really? I think I always loved you, Sec. I think I always will."

"Well, the truth is that I always loved you, Alice. I still do, but I also love Kathleen."

"There is no chance that you would ever even think of....?" She smiled, one hand idly fiddling with a button on her blouse.

"No." Sec knew what she meant.

"I thought so, although I was hoping...God, I could use a bedroom session like you and I have had."

"That can't ever happen now, Alice. I will always be true to Kathleen."

"But you did love me, that helps. Well, I just wanted to say hello." She got up.

"Take care of yourself, Alice. Somewhere out there is a man for you, someone can make you happy."

She turned back to him at the door.

"Sec, do you remember that day? Out at the lake?"

"Yes, I will never forget."

"You should have, you know. You really should have. I wanted so badly for you to be the one. It would have changed everything."

"Yes. It might have." Sec said.

"I really do love you, Sec. It just took me too long to realize there isn't anyone like you."

"I love you too, Alice. We will always have those memories."

Alice smiled, then opened her blouse. Her breasts were way larger than he remembered.

"Something else for you to remember." She let out that same giggle he remembered so well, then she was gone.

That night when he got home, he went directly to the kitchen and hugged Kathleen. She hugged him right back.

"I made a roast." She told him.

"Great!" He answered. So simple, so normal. Sec pushed the thoughts of the past and what might have been out of his head.

Then he went into the living room, sat down with his newspaper and relaxed. For a few seconds he thought of the vision of Alice baring her breasts to him, just like it was something normal. Then he laughed out loud.

"What's so funny?" Kathleen came in and slid into his lap, there was the racket of the kids creating the usual mayhem in the other room.

Sec told her about Alice coming in to his office, and what she had done.

"Well, you can't blame a girl for trying, but you are mine now, honey!" She grinned.

"I also have something to tell you." She said with a smile.

Sec looked at her, he had a pretty good idea.

"I am pregnant."

"Don't tell me, twins again?"

"Nope, just one this time."

"Thank God!" He laughed, holding her close.

"I will get some Coca butter tomorrow." She smiled.

"OK." Sec looked forward to that part, Kathleen always got completely turned on when he rubbed her down.

"Let's eat!" He said, getting up. They held hands and went into the kitchen, Nikola was busy setting food on the table.

His little pangs of memory from time to time of Alice? That certainly was a different kind of woman, he would always remember her.

But he was a different kind of man.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 955 milliseconds