A Lady or a Cock Whore? Ch. 05

She glared at him indignantly and Eric glared right back. After a moment he let out his annoyance with a growl.

"Arya, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant... I'm just angry."

"You're angry?!" she yelled, pacing. "What about me? Every horrible thing that has happened in my entire life has happened because I came to Veras! I wish I'd never come!"

She turned to the dead man, her eyes flashing. She stomped up to him and began kicking him, "Fuck you!" she screamed.

Eric rushed to her, his eyes wide. "Arya, you're hysterical. We need to get you back to the house."

He grabbed her arm and began pulling her back. She gave the man one last kick, then turned and walked with surprisingly calm dignity back to the horses.

Eric followed, shaking his head as he watched her graceful, confident movements. "You always surprise me," he commented in bewilderment.

"Where's Luc?" she asked, deadpan.

"I'm not sure, we'll have to find him," Eric replied warily, disliking her shifting moods and not wanting to do anything that might upset her more.

Arya sighed and walked to her horse who was munching calmly on a lone patch of grass. She smoothed her dress as best she could, wiping off leaves and dirt. She combed her fingers through her hair, but settled for pinning her hair in a messy bun since there was no way to untangle all the knots. Eric helped her mount up, then leapt onto his own horse. They did not have far to go before they spotted Luc, though his horse was nowhere to be found.

Arya jumped off her horse and ran to him, praying he was alright. She saw that he was unconscious, but seemingly unharmed other than a small wound on his forehead. She sighed in relief.

"How are we going to get him back to the house?" Arya asked, her brow furrowing as Eric dismounted and joined her.

"I suppose we'll have to strap him down onto your horse and you can ride with me. Help me lift him."

They heaved Luc onto the horse's back and tied him down as best they could. The pair then mounted Eric's mare and set off, Arya holding the other horse's reins as it trotted obediently behind them.

They slowly made their way back to the mansion. Arya had wrapped her arms tightly around Eric, burrowing her face into his back. He was surprised, but pleased, that she was seeking his comfort rather than hating him for being once again connected to a traumatic event. He wished he could hold her properly.

As they walked, he asked, "Is there anything I can do, Arya? To ease the pain?"

She sighed, taking a moment before answering, "I am not hurt except for my pride." She could practically feel his skepticism. "Truly, I'm not. I'm just ready to go home. Or to my aunt and uncle's house, I should say," she amended bitterly.

After a moment of silence he said carefully. "Is it home you wish for, or simply a respite from the capitol? If it is the latter, I am leaving for my home in Langton next week. My sister is coming as well and she's always bored there. I'm sure she would appreciate some company."

Arya was silent and Eric continued quickly, "There won't be anyone there except my sister and I, and the servants of course. It would be quiet. And I promise that I will keep you safe this time."

She still didn't reply and he added gently, "I wouldn't touch you Arya, I swear. I just want to offer you a safe place to hide, if you need it."

She pressed herself against him fiercely. "Thank you," she whispered. "I could use a place like that. And I'd be happy to go there with you." Even if you do want to touch me, she added to herself, ashamed that she could think such a thing after what had just happened. It seemed that somehow her fear and arousal and sense of relief and safety had inflamed Arya and if she were completely honest with herself, there was nothing she wanted more right now than for Eric to pleasure her, and to pleasure him in return.

Unaware of these thoughts, Eric was serious in his resolve to leave her alone - she would clearly need it, the touch of a man would now be highly unwelcome he knew - but he was still excited by the thought of having her all to himself for a week or more. He tried to control his joy, though, knowing that now it was not the time for it.

They rode back to the house in silence, each lost in their own thoughts.

There was great hoopla when they returned. Eric and Arya couldn't hide Arya's disheveled state or Luc's injury, though thankfully it was minor and he was groggily coming to. Eric explained that they had been attacked by a rogue brigand and Luc had been knocked unconscious, and his horse had run off in fright. Arya had been so afraid that she had fallen off her horse (which no one would contest because she was a woman, and "hysterics" were expected of women during stressful situations).

Eric admitted to killing the man, since no one would question a noble killing a criminal, and no one seemed to doubt the story or be reading into it. Arya hammered it in by playing up the damsel in distress role, exclaiming loudly about her "nerves" and how she didn't think she could stay a moment longer, she was so distraught. Someone cleaned the blood off of Luc (a very pretty redhead, he noted), and their aunt quickly whisked them back to the carriage and her home in Veras.

Arya had to endure her aunt proclaim over and over throughout the ride that she had known this would happen, that she was right to discourage Arya's riding, and Arya was forced to agree. Luc spent the ride fitfully napping and groaning loudly about his very minor injury. Unable to say anything or express the depths of her own physical pain, Arya stewed in her seat as she bemoaned the unfairness of it all.

Arya stayed home the next two days, using her distress as an excuse to refuse several dinner invitations. Luc had recovered in no time and spent half the day carousing and courting women, and the other half sitting with Arya, reading and talking. Luc didn't bring up their adventure, having quickly realized that Arya was hiding something, and Arya was happy to leave it that way.

By the time she returned to Veras's social scene, everyone had moved onto different topics and Arya was spared the pain of talking about her ordeal to anyone.

It did not keep her from dwelling on it, though. She slept poorly for the next week, upset and wishing she could talk to someone, but knowing it was impossible. She wished Eric could comfort her, but also knew that was impossible. Her only comfort was knowing that she would be leaving Veras soon. She was sick of the people and the politics, and was ready to spend a few weeks in relative solitude.

Everything was arranged for her trip. Eric's sister, Claire, visited their home and did her due diligence by asking Agatha if Arya could accompany her to their estate at Langton. Her aunt had readily agreed, as Arya knew she would, and threw Arya a smug look, correctly guessing that Eric was the one who was really inviting her.

They drank tea and made awkward small talk until enough time had passed for it to be appropriate for Claire to take her leave. Arya walked Claire to the door, curtsying gracefully.

"Thank you for the invitation," Arya said, smiling warmly at the girl.

Claire looked steadily back at Arya, replying, "I did it at Eric's behest, and I can't say I entirely approve."

Arya's smile slid off her face. Fuck.

"However, he seems to like you very much and I love him dearly. So I am looking forward to getting to know you better." She paused, looking Arya up and down. "I only hope you live up to our expectations."

Arya blinked in surprise, before nodding. "I hope I do as well."

Claire curtseyed stiffly, and left with a swish of her skirts.

Arya turned back to the house, thinking, Well, this may be a bit more interesting than I had expected. She sighed. And here I had thought that I would be escaping such judgment.

Still, it's better than Veras.

And he'll be all yours for two weeks, a little voice added gleefully.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 32 milliseconds