An Unexpected Reunion

"What is it you do Victoria?" Callie still has the smooth tone to her voice as she speaks, and lifts her glass to her lips to take another sip.

"I'm a financial advisor."

"Sounds exciting." Callie oozes sarcasm, and I hide a giggle with a cough. I don't think I'm convincing though because Torie scowls at me. I feel obliged to come to her defense, unwillingly, I sigh before speaking.

"It's not as bad as it sounds Callie. I mean, I'm not clever enough to understand fully what it entails." I'm cut off before I can finish.

"You're more than intelligent enough to grasp it Alexa."

I blush and look at Torie who's watching the interaction between the two of us carefully "could you both excuse me for a moment?" I don't wait for their reply before I'm up and make my way outside for a smoke. I can let the two of them continue their pissing contest without me being there to witness it. Sparking up I pull my jacket tight around me and lean against the wall. I don't know how long I'm out there for before Torie comes out to find me, she looks confused and almost hurt as she regards me closely.

"Is there something going on between you two?" She narrows her eyes and crosses her arms across her chest. I flick my cigarette away and shake my head.

"You're unbelievable you know that don't you?" My voice is accusatory as I speak at her. She's not wrong, but I haven't acted on the way I'm feeling and being with her makes things more complicated. "Of course there isn't anything going on, she's my boss."

"Well she couldn't keep her eyes off of you, and from what I could see when I first arrived the two of you seemed pretty cozy together."

"Torie, I'm not in the mood for this. You've been weird ever since I took this job, you complained when I wasn't working and now I am you're still not happy. I think you should go and think about what you're saying and come back when you're ready to have an adult conversation." I think she's taken aback by my bluntness but it makes her forget her original accusation because she was right, we were pretty cozy together. "I'm going back inside because after I've eaten I have to go back to work. This is a real step in the right direction for what I want to do with my life, she's offered to help me learn more about the business and it's an opportunity I can't walk away from. I'll do it with or without your support."

"Lex don't be like that. I can't help being a little paranoid, I barely see you anymore and when we make plans you're blowing me off because you have to work and then when we are together it's like you're not actually there. Is this even something you want any more Lexie? Because truthfully, I'm not really into the whole one sided relationship so if this isn't what you want you need to tell me so I can cut my losses." Instead of being upset by her words I'm mad, like really fucking mad. Cut her losses? Who does she think she's talking too?

"You know what, if that's your attitude then no, this isn't what I want. I thought you might be able to act like an adult and respect that I'm finally doing something I love and support me. But clearly I was wrong. I'm going Torie. Don't call me tonight. Maybe when you grow up, we can talk. But until then, don't bother." I turn on my heel and storm back into the restaurant without hearing her response.

Sitting back across from Callie I say nothing, I pick up my glass and drain it before raising my hand to the waitress to order another drink. When she arrives I still don't speak to the woman sat across from me "I'd like the strongest martini you can legally serve please with an olive not an onion and a shot of tequila."

"I'll take the same." Callie's voice sounds amused and once the waitress has gone she leans in closely "everything ok Lex?"

I look up and suddenly feel angry at her as well, narrowing my eyes I point a finger in her face "as a matter of fact, no it isn't. Everything was simple, for the last seven months things have been easy. Pleasant almost. And then you saunter back into my life and all of a sudden I lose all focus and rational thoughts and fuck everything up. So no. I'm not ok. I'm going to get drunk, and not only are you going to drink with me. But you're also going to pay for it."

Callie looks amused as the waitress brings our drinks back over to the table, without waiting for an invitation I down my shot and take a sip of the martini. "I'm sorry things didn't sit well with her. She's... intense?"

I look at her and shrug "you can say that, but it doesn't matter because I think it's over. But by no means are you to assume that that means I'm going to jump straight into bed with you." As soon as the words leave my mouth I want to force them back in again because she looks genuinely hurt. "Sorry, I didn't mean that."

"Two things Lexie, first of all despite what you may think and despite the fact that I don't form emotional attachments that will always be different with you. I wouldn't take advantage of your vulnerability. Second of all, if I wanted you in my bed tonight I know how to make that happen and don't think for a moment that it wouldn't." My breath draws in quickly as I look at the expression on her face, dark and seductive it ignites something in me that I haven't felt since I was eighteen. I watch as she takes the olives out of her drink and bites it slowly, my eyes are so focused on her lips I don't hear her next words.

"Sorry, what?"

Her voice takes on a softer tone and she reaches across and takes my hand again "are you ok?"

"I guess so, but I'll be even better after a few more of these." I raise my glass and empty it in one go before motioning for the waitress to come back over, when she does I hand her my two empty glasses and quite bluntly say "keep these coming until I say stop."

February 2014 -- Callie

She's really knocking back the drinks, I want to tell her to slow down or something but I feel like it isn't my place to do it. All I can do is pay the tab and make sure she gets home ok. For the last three hours I've nursed four cocktails and a glass of water whilst she's ranted about anything she can think of until she can't find anything more to say on that topic and then she moves on to the next one.

It's quite amusing really, I'm thrilled that things between her and Torie may be over. I sat with the girl for ten minutes and all I wanted to do was smack her in her smug mouth. Eventually, it's gets to a point though where Lexie's beginning to get louder and louder, her words slur and she looks like she's about to pass out. I stand from the table and go to the bar to pay the tab and move back over. "I think we should go before you get us kicked out Lex. I'll take you home."

"I'm not ready to go yet" her tone is belligerent and I roll my eyes at her before fixing her with a hard stare.

"Fine, let's go somewhere else then. The fresh air might do you some good." I pull her up by her hand and practically drag her outside. She protests the entire way out but I've had to listen to her shit for hours now and my patience is slowly wearing thin.

"Oi, get your hands off of me." On the street she snatches her hand out of mine and stands unsteadily on her feet, again she points her finger at me "this is all your fault. I was moving on, Torie loves me."

"Do you love her?" I snap back at her.

"That's none of your business. I could of done maybe. I don't know. But you're so bossy, come here. Go away, get this, do that. Ugh." I have to stop myself from laughing when she stomps her foot on the floor and folds her arms across her chest.

"We're going home Lexie, and you have two choices. You can either come willingly, or I can carry you. Let's go." She stands fast for a moment and gives me a challenging look, it probably would've been a lot more effective had she not been swaying. "I'm being serious."

"You wouldn't dare." I arch an eyebrow and step towards her, just as I dip to lift her over my shoulder she shouts at me.

"Fine." She stands at the side of the street and hails down a cab. I give him my address and turn to ask Lexie hers but she's already asleep.

"Is there anywhere else I'm going?" The cab drivers voice is gruff and impatient.

"No, just go to mine."

By some miracle I manage to get her into my house without an argument and somehow guide her to the spare room where she flops down on the bed. I go into my room and grab some pyjamas for her. Before running downstairs for a bottle of water and some painkillers and make my way back to where she's laid snoring softly .

"Lex I need you to help me help you get dressed." My voice is soft as I try and pull her out of sleep, she just about manages to sit up. My hands are shaking as I unbutton her shirt and pull it away from her. I try hard not to look at her and just about manage it. I pull the t-shirt over her head and push her back against the bed. My hands are no steadier when I pull her trousers over her legs, I feel like a real pig but I can't help but let my eyes travel over her perfect legs for a moment before pulling a pair of pyjama bottoms over them.

She rolls over on to her side and I pull the quilt over her body and sit at the edge of the bed watching her for a moment. How is it that after all these years I am still as crazy about her as I was back then. I have tried so hard to hate her for what happened but it's impossible. She has always been the other half of me, the one thing I will always crave and I'm not willing to let her go again without a fight. I let my hand stretch out and I push the hair away from her face gently, my fingers trace along her jaw. My heart jumps a little when she sighs in her sleep and pushes her face against my fingers.

Lexie's phone going off makes me jump and I scramble to get it before it wakes her up, I'm not surprised to see it's Torie calling. Against my better judgement I decide to answer it.

"Hi Victoria, it's Clarissa." I walk out of the room as I answer the phone and begin walking downstairs.

"Why are you answering Lexie's phone?" She sounds petulant.

"She's asleep. After you left earlier she drank rather a lot and passed out in the cab before I could get her address from her. So I brought her to mine and she's asleep in my spare room. I'll take her home the minute she wakes up."

The line is silent for a moment and I have to pull it away from my ear to make sure I haven't hung up on her "look, I don't know what your deal with Lexie is but we were happy before she started working for you. So back off. She's with me."

I can't help but roll my eyes at her belligerence and scoff slightly "please, I'm not getting into an argument where we speak about her as though she's a possession. I'm her boss. Nothing more. If you're paranoid about it that's your problem. Not hers. And it certainly isn't mine."

"You think I don't know who you are Callie?" The fact she's used my name shocks me a little, the only people that call me that are friends "Lexie told me about you, she failed to mention the fact that you were her new employer. I saw a photo of you once, not going to lie. You've changed but it took a few minutes for the penny to drop. So I'm going to tell you again. Back the fuck off. Or you'll be sorry."

"Are you threatening me?"

"I don't make threats. You'll find that out soon enough, leave us alone." I smirk at the phone and can't help the laugh that comes out. It isn't my normal laugh, it's cold and brash.

"Listen, I don't know what you've heard about me but right now Lexie and I are just friends that go back a long way. I'd be lying if I said I didn't care for her, which is why I didn't just leave her stranded in the middle of the city when she could barely stand." I pause for a moment before continuing "I'm not the kind of person to take advantage of someone which is why she's asleep in my spare room. But I don't see how any of this is really your concern when she said she'd broken up with you tonight?"

"Just watch yourself. I mean it." She hangs up before I can answer and I laugh again.

I leave her phone on the coffee table in the living room, and make my way back upstairs but just go straight to bed. I need to try and forget the fact that the love of my life is asleep in the other room, after eight years apart I still love her just as much as I did back then.

Lying back in bed I stare at the ceiling and let out a long sigh, what the fuck am I doing? I laid my cards on the table tonight before the harpy turned up and ruined it, we were just starting to be honest with each other. And then she comes along and fucks it leaving Lexie in a state of mind where she drinks herself into oblivion. I can't stop the fact that I want her back, and now that I've had the pleasure of speaking to Torie it's only made me more determined to fight for her. Smiling at myself I close my eyes and for the first time since I can remember I actually sleep soundly.

February 2014 -- Lexie

Light is beaming through the partially opened curtains, I can feel my head pounding and my mouth tastes like somethings died in it. I groan loudly as I pull the blanket up further around my face, something doesn't feel right about my surroundings. I sit up carefully, wincing at the throbbing sensation in my head and take in my surroundings. This isn't my house, this isn't my bed.

Looking to my left I see there's a bottle of water and packet of paracetamol on the stand which I help myself too greedily. Pulling the duvet up I can see I have a pair of pyjamas on that I don't recognise. I have a feeling I'm in Callie's house, at that thought butterflies unfurl in my stomach and I get out of bed and find my way through the house and into the kitchen.

Callie's sat at her kitchen table with a newspaper in her hand and pair of glasses perched on the end of her nose, her long, thick, auburn hair is curled around one of her shoulders. From what I can tell she has a black and white plaid shirt on. She's the image of relaxed and my mouth goes dry at the sight of her, it's been a long time since I've seen her this casual. Despite my better judgement I can feel the attraction to her rekindling stronger than ever, I think she must hear me come in the room because she looks up from her paper and smiles crookedly at me.

"Good morning, do you feel as bad as you look?"

"I am so sorry about last night. I don't know what came over me." I'm shuffling uncomfortably in the doorway when she motions for me to take a seat, I willingly comply and hold my head in my hands "I'm slowly remembering why I've never been much of a drinker."

Callie utters a throaty chuckle before lifting the paper back up to her face and continues reading "if you want coffee or tea or whatever help yourself. You can make yourself some breakfast or go shower and we can go out for it. I haven't eaten yet so I could go for something."

"Breakfast sounds good, so does a shower. The only issue is I have no clothes..." Callie sets her paper to the side with a sigh and looks at me for a second.

"Stay there." She rises from the table and moves out the room gracefully, groaning I lean my head against the cool smooth surface of the table and wait for her imminent return. I feel foul and embarrassed. Of all the people I could of made a twat of myself in front of why did it have to be her?

A thud on the table startles me and I wince as I sit up quickly "towel, clean clothes and underwear." She must of read my puzzled look when she uttered the last word because she starts rubbing the back of her neck nervously before carrying on speaking "the underwear's new, still has the tags on. I thought... well... it doesn't matter. Bathroom's back up towards the room you slept in, alone might I add. Go past that door it's the second on the left."

I pick the pile of clothes up and make my way out of the room, she's sat back down and has the paper back in her hands. Without thinking I turn back and grin at her "Callie?"

"Yeah?" She answers without looking back at me.

"You're still adorable when you ramble." I rush off before she has chance to answer, making my way up to the bathroom I lock the door and turn on the shower. She must be earning good money because this house is gorgeous. The bathroom is massive with a big bathtub and huge power shower, marble tiles cover the room from floor to ceiling.

It takes me a few attempts to get the shower working to the right temperature but when I do and I step in, the hot water relaxes my aching muscles and soothes the pounding in my head. I wash my hair with the shampoo that's in the rack and wash myself with the shower gel that's also there before stepping out and drying quickly.

I dress in the bathroom and make my way back to the kitchen where she's still sat. The clothes she's given me are a little on the big side but they're fine all the same. Basic faded jeans and a soft black sweater. When I enter she looks up and flashes me a massive smile that lights up her entire face

"You look nice, how're you feeling?"

"Better than I deserve. Thanks for last night, I didn't do anything too stupid did I?"

She considers me thoughtfully for a moment before shrugging her shoulders "not really, you blamed me for you and Torie breaking up. Said everything was simple before I, and I quote 'sauntered back into your life' I then had to wrestle you out of the bar, and threaten to carry you home after you pitched a fit on the street. You passed out in the taxi before I could get your address so I just brought you back here and put you to bed."

"You undressed me?" She nods slowly and chews her bottom lip.

"Yeah, but I also dressed you. It was all perfectly respectable. Torie called, which was interesting I only answered the phone because I didn't want it to wake you up."

Jesus fucking Christ, could this get any more humiliating? "What did she have to say for herself?"

"Well first of all she asked why I was answering your phone. Seems she knows more about me than I'd like Lexie..." Shit, I have in short detail told Torie about Callie. Mainly just the fact that she was the only person I'd had a relationship and that it had ended badly. "She also pointed out that you've failed to mention I'm your boss. But the funniest thing was she threatened me to stay away because you were hers. I was quite clear in the fact that I was in no way going to continue a conversation with someone and argue over you like you were some toy. What on earth do you see in her?"

"Sorry, she threatened you? What the actual fuck? Right now I'm not too sure myself. Jesus." I run my hands through my hair and fall into the chair next to Callie and rest my head back down on the table. "What the fuck am I supposed to do Cal?"

"Hey." Her voice is soft, coaxing almost I peek up at her through my hair and she has a small smile on her lips "don't worry about it, I've waited eight years to see you again. I'd wait ten more if it meant I had the chance to finally be happy with you again. I get you've got stuff to figure out and the last thing you need is me and her going head to head as we vie for your attention. If you're done with her then cut her loose. Take some time to figure out what it is YOU want. If it's me, I'll be waiting. If not..." she shrugs and furrows her brows to try and mask her pain "then I'll be ok with just being your friend."

I don't know what came over me, one minute I'm resting my head in despair against her kitchen table and the next I'm pouncing on her and mashing my lips against hers desperately. My hands knot in her hair and I pull her face flush against mine, she doesn't respond straight away. But when she does it's with equal hunger, her hands rest on my hips and she pulls me into her lap. Her lips are as soft and full as I remember and it's sheer bliss. I can tell she's holding back, I don't want her to go back I need her be as invested in this as I am. My tongue traces her bottom lip, asking for permission almost. I'm pleased when I hear a deep moan vibrate through her throat as she parts her lips and meets my tongue with hers.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 18 milliseconds