Animal Instincts Ch. 02

Care to share with us what all that was about, clearly it was more than that guy having a big mouth

"I had heard him outside earlier," James offered quietly knowing that only Nathaniel and his other staff would hear him as the music began to thud around the room again. Realisation dawned on Nathaniel as he remembered the way James had reacted outside the club, "let's just say that their idea of 'fun' isn't particularly pleasant."

Daniel was giving directions to a pair of guards that had remained behind, and Nathaniel was still standing in front of James, "Wow, you weren't kidding when you said your brother worked here were you Chloe?" Natalie stated as she watched the proceedings, her voice startling the other girls out of their shock.

"Actually all three of them work here," Chloe explained by way of a distraction "Daniel is the head of security; Nathaniel is a manager of sorts, while James here, well he actually owns the club. I have another brother -- Ryan -- around here somewhere too." Natalie, Sydney stood side by side in wide-eyed shock.

"That was nothing, we've had plenty of practice keeping this little minx in line over the years" Daniel guffawed. He noted Sydney's pretty green eyes watching him intently and swallowed hard.

Skye watched James as he shifted uncomfortably, obviously still disturbed by the comments of the men and his subsequent behaviour. "Uh, thanks for before..." she offered apprehensively "I've never had anyone ever defend me like that."

James ran his eyes over her face, her nervousness evident. "As long as you're okay, how's the wrist" he asked. She absently cradled her wrist against her chest, although most of the pain had gone now, it was still tender.

"It's a little sore but should be okay." She replied, forcing herself to try and relax so as to put him as ease.

"How about we get you some ice?" he suggested waiting patiently, as she nodded and stepped toward the bar. With his hand resting firmly on the small of her back he gently shielded her from being jostled by the people surrounding them.

"I'm Skye." She offered as she sat on the bar stool he held out for her.

"I know," he replied and she frowned in confusion, "Natalie and Sydney told us." He sat down and smiled as she watched him, "can I have a look?" he indicated to her wrist, and she carefully stretched her arm out allowing him to see.

Under the lighting of the bar, he could clearly see where the other man's fingers had dug into her wrist as the inflamed skin began to discolour, and a low rumble in his chest startled her as he frowned at her wrist. "You're going to have one really pretty bruise in a few hours" he said gently brushing his fingertips along the sensitised skin.

The sensation of his fingers sent her mind into a fog, and she found herself staring at him -- his dark hair had at first appeared inky black, but under the better lighting she could clearly see it was actually a shade of dark brown -- when he looked up from her wrist. "Ugh, what did you say?" his gentle chuckle sounded like waves crashing on the shore, and she felt the fog in her mind sweep her up and drag her along.

"I said that you are going to have a bruise" he explained again, his warm breath tickling her ear as he leant forward on the bar stool to ensure that she heard him, "would you like another drink?" she nodded agreement struggling to get her mouth to work, unable to drag her gaze away from his intoxicating green eyes.

Myles, who had found himself back behind the bar, approached at James' signal, smiled at Skye as he handed her a handful of ice wrapped in a clean cloth and began to prepare another of the green cocktails the girls had been drinking earlier that evening.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nathaniel collected Natalie by the hand, a pleasant jolt of electricity tingling in his fingers where they connected to hers, and began to lead her back toward the dance floor. He could barely contain himself around this woman, and she smelt so enticing, like honey and wild black berries. She allowed him to lead her to the floor, her favourite song had begun playing and she was curious as to what he intended with her.

The smile he had previously flashed her earlier, dimmed in her mind as he lifted her hand and spun her effortlessly. Collecting her gently in his arms he rested his cheek against the side of her head; as the steady rhythmic tempo of the song slowed she felt her heart stop as he began to lead her through the most sensual slow dance she'd ever participated in -- the gentle touch of his strong hands holding her close to his body, hips pressed to hers, the way her breath hitched each time she felt his arousal press against her as they moved, the race of her heart; it all vaguely reminded her of making love and she suddenly felt very giddy.

The entire room seemed to slow down and melt away while she was in Nathaniel's arms; as the tempo of the next song picked up a pace or two but still allowed them to be - however slightly - more intimate. He flung her out to arm's length again. Before pulling her back so abruptly she landed flat against his hard body, a noticeable gasp escaping her lips.

"I, I'm so sorry I'm such a klutz" she stammered.

"Nah it's my fault, I was a little too enthusiastic" he gave her an impish grin "did you want to dance some more or go back to the others?"

"Um... Maybe one more then find the others?"

Nathaniel chuckled warmly as he spun her around again pulling her against him once more - he decided that the black dress she had worn was his favourite, despite never having seen her in anything else -- it hugged her body in all the right places and accentuated every inch it covered. As he struggled to keep his hands from wandering over her sexy body, he found he had had to forcibly prevent himself from crowing with delight as she brushed against him; each time that same jolt of electricity pulsed through him where she had touched. One more dance quickly turned into five and soon the idea of returning to the others was completely forgotten as they continued to rip up the dance floor well into the night.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Daniel couldn't take his eyes off of the petite woman beside him and he watched how the lights glinted against the surface of her gold dress, as she shifted her weight.

"So you're Daniel?" she queried and tucked her hair behind her ear.

Daniel had to visibly shake himself to in order to keep his focus. Sydney smiled demurely and sipped at her drink patiently as she watched him try and overcome his internal struggle. She had always enjoyed male attention and was well schooled in how to drive them to distraction; she would enjoy pushing this one's buttons.

Chloe glanced around noticing that each of her new friends were being thoroughly taken care of by her brother and cousins, sighing to herself she knew she would never win back the company of the three girls. Not if the way Daniel was now drooling over Sydney was any indication, Sydney on the other hand had the distinctive look of a cat sizing up its prey.

"I'm going to get another drink" she announced then headed off into the crowd.

Sydney could see Natalie from where she stood and knew instantly from the look on Nathaniel's face, that he would rather die than allow her to come to harm. Swallowing the final mouthful of her drink, she placed it on the tray of a passing waiter. "So, did you want to go sit down?"

"Sure, you want some more drinks first?"

"Sure thing, I'll meet you back at Chloe's table" she smiled coyly and touched his arm before heading off through the crowd. Daniel was breathless, if he had thought her pretty on the surveillance monitor; she was simply gorgeous in person. He eagerly hurried to the bar, returning to the booth a few minutes later with a couple of bottles of the Champaign normally reserved for exceptional occasions, and a tray of flutes -- surely the meeting of these three women would count as an exceptional occasion?

Sydney chuckled as Daniel carefully set the tray down and popped the cork on the bottle of Champaign, normally she didn't touch the stuff it made her too giddy, but he looked like he was glowing with pride at his efforts to wow her that she happily took the flute he offered her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chloe was bored out of her brain when Myles joined her at the bar, "hey Ratbag what you up to over here by yourself?"

"Nothing" she grumbled and threw back another shot. It had been over two hours since the girls had been filched by her family, not that any of them would be complaining, but she had also lost her table and that irritated her above all else.

"Aww, c'mon give them a break; it's not like you get to see those two acting like puppies everyday" he laughed and indicated in the direction of where the others were seated, "now that is priceless."

"Yeah, right" she gulped down another shot "Where's Ry?"

"Oh, he's upstairs keeping an eye on things" Chloe nodded absently, not really caring. There was only so long she could feign interest in her twin. It's not like they were particularly close or anything, but she had found that by knowing where he was she knew where to avoid -- unless she had a penchant for being given an earful. Ryan was older than her by a miserable two minutes, but he for some reason felt that gave him licence to ride her and be constantly on her case; she could do nothing right as far as he was concerned. She had learnt early to just avoid him at all cost.

Myles leant across and stole the newest shot and downed it before Chloe even had a chance to pick it up, "Hey! Get your own." She growled at him, elbowing him in the ribs.

Myles just wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and continued to grin at her stupidly; he put his arm around her shoulders and noticed how wobbly she was on the chair "How are you getting home? I hope you're not planning to drive."

"I wasn't actually, I'm not as stupid as my twin thinks I am" Myles chuckled as he watched her poke her tongue out at the overhead security camera; obviously she assumed Ryan was watching her waste herself.

"Well I'm off shift now, so I can give you a ride if you want?" she watched him down her remaining two shots, and stand smoothly beside her stool - clearly he'd not had as much to drink as she'd had. With an arm around her waist he half carried her back over toward the booth, where only Daniel, Sydney, Nathaniel and Natalie were seated, "I think I'll take this one home now" he nudged his chin toward Chloe.

"Geez Chloe, you look like a mess." Nathaniel couldn't help baiting her each chance he got and he just knew that he'd get a bite out of her.

"Ah fuck up Nate..." she drawled "Can we go now Millie?" Myles bridled at the sound of his childhood nickname, straightening his back sharply he was sorely tempted to drop his youngest cousin on the floor. Nathaniel and Daniel snickered, but thankfully the other girls sat with confused expressions on their faces.

"Yeah, c'mon" he griped and dragged her off toward the door. Myles shouldered the heavy door to the club and Jackson and Ethan watched him passively as he carried Chloe down the front steps.

Jackson had a smug look on his face; he'd seen this scene far more times than he could count. Ethan however flicked his gaze back and forth between Myles and Chloe "You need a hand?"

"Ah, yea could you get Owen to bring my car around?" With one more glance at the semi-conscious Chloe, Ethan summoned the young man who acted as the club's valet. Moments later Myles' black SUV pulled up along the curb and Ethan and Owen began to lay the back seat down.

"You sure you don't want a bucket?" Jackson snickered from his position near the door.

"Is she okay? Seems like she's hardly breathing" Myles liked Ethan, his concern for the young woman they were all so fond of was endearing; and he couldn't help wonder at the noticeable similarities the two had in common. Two under appreciating dumbass brothers were right at the top of the list.

"Yeah, she just needs a bed to sleep this off." After maneuvering the now passed out woman into the back seat and buckling her in, Myles took his keys from Owen and gave Ethan his thanks, before jumping behind the wheel and making his way to Chloe's apartment.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Skye stood completely immobile as James' fingertips brushed against her jaw, the sides of his lips -- oh god she wanted to kiss those lips, to feel them against hers, to feel them brush against her skin just like his delicious fingers were now doing -- were slightly raised in a gentle smile, as he carefully tucked her hair back behind her ear exposing the pale column of her neck. He was standing so close to her now that she could feel his warmness caress her bare skin; she closed her eyes, tilting her head into the long digits that were nicely leaving silky trails as they glided along her skin.

Oh my... god!

She couldn't exactly recall how or when they had left the club; the last thing she could remember clearly had been the incident with the drunken man and then James helping her to the bar. She vaguely remembered her wrist being injured and he had been looking at it; after that she had an almost complete blank -- surely she hadn't had that much to drink tonight, had she?

James Wolseley was known for his calm clear headedness and rational thinking, he was not known for rash and impulsive tendencies. But his fingers were shaking with the supreme effort of his barely held restraint; it was taking every part of his self-control to keep from devouring the lovely woman in front of him. He had opened his mind to her earlier after she had been injured and he had found her thoughts simply fascinating so had kept it that way. He didn't want to her to feel forced into something she herself didn't want, and this was by far the best way to know exactly how she felt.

Skye remember to breath! In out. In out.

Her glossy hair had slipped through his fingers like silk as he brushed it back from her face her unique scent -- Honeysuckle and Jasmine - teasing his nose. James swallowed hard as he watched her now with her closed eyes, her head lolling against his touch. Carefully he stepped forward -- his mind flooded with her mental images she created -- his held himself tense as he gently captured her soft lips in a tentative kiss. He felt her lips part involuntarily as she gasped, he seized the opportunity his tongue slowly teasing them apart further before scooping and exploring the depths within -- she tasted better than the sweetest honey to a starving man, and he couldn't repress the possessive growl from escaping his chest.

Breathe, inhale, BREATHE! Ah --

He snaked his arms around her slender waist, pulling her roughly against him and trailing sensual patterns down her bare back - he liked the dress she was wearing, the colour accentuated her beautiful eyes and showed off just the right amount of skin -- as he caressed her velvety lips, her delightful soft moans were music to his ears.

Skye's fingers were firmly buried in his hair as he nipped and licked his way to her ear; his gentle nibbling and sucking bringing out goose pimples along her flesh and gentle shudders as she gasped, he'd never had a woman who was so responsive to his attentions before and he found he was thoroughly enjoying the knowledge that each sensation rocked her to the core. He tested her thoughts, and found her sweetly drifting in and out of euphoria; smiling he began to trail light kisses down the column of her throat, his long fingers drawing back the delicate fabric of her dress where it sat over her collarbones, before nipping and running his tongue along them.

Ha. Mmmm, God his mouth is divine. More, I want more.

Skye locked her arms around James' neck and head to support herself, his wicked tongue teasing her to the point where she felt dizzy and unbalanced; but oh it felt so damn good, she had never felt so sexy, so shameless, as when he looked at her with those penetrating green eyes. She loved every second his tongue and lips traced the subtle curves of her skin; he seemed to know exactly where she wanted him to caress her. She tilted her head back, giving him more room to explore and the unspoken acquiescence was not entirely lost on him.

Her breathing hitched as he continued to trace his way down between her breasts; the soft dress ridding up slightly as he slid his expert hands up and down her sides, resting momentarily on her waist then moving back up to stroke the sides of her breasts once more, "Does your dress fasten at the neck?"

Huh?

Skye was so lost in her own bliss that she struggled to recognise his husky voice for a few moments. Unable to get her mouth to work through the fugue of what he had been doing to her body mere seconds before, she nodded her head before clumsily reaching for the catch that held her dress together.

Stupid clasp, JUST. COME. UNDONE! Shit, he's probably thinking that I'm so useless. Just some stupid drunk girl...

James watched with baited breath as she fumbled with her dress, her fingers refusing to work correctly. Straightening himself back to his full six foot four inches he offered his assistance with a smile, "Here let me..."

Mmmm, James smells nice. I wonder what his aftershave is. Should I ask him?

Her arms felt like lead as they dropped to her sides and she tilted her head forward so that it was resting on his broad chest. The smell of his aftershave tingled in her nose; a compulsive need burned within her to bury her face against his neck, as she contemplated how best to reach her goal he stepped back, the dress falling away to pool around her ankles. He raked his eyes over the modest swell of her creamy breasts tipped with soft puffy pink nipples, the smoothness of her stomach, the indent of her navel, the curve of her hips; her lace panties were a translucent white, behind which he could see a discrete patch of soft hair and the outline of her tantalizing mons.

Ah! Oh god!

Skye's instinctive reaction was to cover herself she felt so embarrassed, only the flimsy lace of her briefs preventing her from being completely exposed in all her feminine glory. James' eyes raked over her, glistening in the ambient lighting, an almost predatory pull to their depths; there was some mystery expression playing at the edge of his lips -- admiration; desire; possession? Skye didn't have time to decide before he had her back in his arms, kissing her madly and making short work of scooping her up and wrapping her legs around his waist; with her stilettos digging painfully into his arse as he made his through the apartment.

Oh...Mmmm. Are we moving? Ah...

James' was slowly but surely losing the grip on his self-control; unable to help himself as he hauled her off toward his bedroom. She had driven him to the brink of insanity with need as she had stood before him. All he could think about was how best to ravish this lovely woman, who so easily stroked every one of his preternatural urges.

Carefully he set her down on the bed so she was lying back resting on her elbows, watching him with eyes that widened as he began to strip, her tongue dancing hungrily across her lips as he exposed more and more of himself. Her arousal was potent and addictive, almost like a drug - he could literally taste her on every mouthful of air he sucked in.

Wow...


All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 204 milliseconds