Destined Hearts Ch. 04

"You will never play that role in his life." Andrea's voice pierced through him.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Antonio's voice rang through his brain. "You are just embarrassing me.... Four eyes...."

Praveen cried the rest of the way as his head started hurting. He was suffering for something that he had no idea of. When he reached the ground floor, he quickly rubbed his tears as he got out of the elevator and fixed himself up to look okay. But deep down inside, he was bleeding. His entire body was in a terrible pain and he didn't care if his eyes were red or not.

As he passed the reception, he could see that people were looking at him strangely as if they were judging him. All he wanted to do was get out of there, go home and forget that he had even come to that company.

As he neared the exit, he added his pace and quickly left the building. That was when he realized that the world he lived in was not his own world. No matter what he did he was gonna be the same poor Praveen they all knew. Who was he kidding? But he was used to the pain anyway.

He stood outside absent minded, holding on to the lunchbox with his life. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even realize what was going on with his environment.

Meanwhile, Antonio, Andrea and Bruce came out of the building walking really elegantly. It didn't take long for them to spot Praveen who was so disturbed. The poor boy had only been married for a few days but he had experienced a lot. He was just a young boy but the pain inside of him was just too much.

"And what are you still doing here?" He heard Antonio's voice which got him out of his thoughts. He didn't even bother to look at him. "I thought I told you to get out of here."

"Hmm, maybe he is waiting for a car to come and pick him." Andrea seethed, folding her arms on her chest. "But I am sure he can find his way home since he's used to walking anyway."

Andrea burst into laughter as Praveen's heart broke into pieces.

Antonio shook his head and called the guard that was nearby and surprised everyone by asking him to take Praveen home and make sure he reaches safely. The guard agreed and told Praveen to wait while he got the car.

Praveen stood still, looking into Antonio's eyes. He had never expected that from him at all. In fact, he had expected Antonio to listen to his sister and send him home on foot.

"What are you doing?" Andrea didn't appreciate what her brother did. "Why did you ask the guard to take him home?"

"Because of mom," Antonio said simply, looking at the boy. "I love my mother so much and if four eyes got lost in the city I am sure she'll suffer." Antonio moved his attention to Praveen. "Don't think I am doing this for you because you just don't know how I am dying to make you walk back to the mansion."

With those few words, Antonio wrapped his arm around Bruce's shoulder and they started walking towards the cars. Praveen watched in pain as the car left and he was left all alone. It didn't take long before the guard came with the car and opened the door for him. He climbed the car and they left the company premises.

He was still holding on to the lunch box as he remembered all the painful words Antonio had said to him. He knew he was going back home and his mood had to brighten up. He took a deep breath and tried to calm his nerves down.

"I shouldn't let this affect me." He said softly to himself. "I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when I agreed to go the office. It's not like I even love him anyway."

He closed his eyes and just prayed in his heart. "God, please if you can hear me right now...." He took another deep breath. "...please show me a way out of this, please. Help me. Give me peace and give me strength to endure all this because I don't know for how long I can."

He opened his eyes and looked outside the window to forget all that happened. He saw some street kids on the road begging for food and it touched his heart. He felt really pitiful and he quickly told the driver to stop the car. He got out of the car and he felt really touched. The kids looked really hungry and it made his heart to weep.

He gave them the little money he had and then left them with a lunchbox too. At least, he didn't have to explain the reason why he was back with the food. He gave them a hug and then left in the car. The kids were really happy and they told him all kinds of things that melted his heart and filled him with happiness again. If only he was super rich then he would have given them something even more. But he was still happy that he gave them some food.

During his journey back to the mansion, he was smiling because of what he had done. When he eventually reached home, he found granny and Emilia waiting for him. When they saw him, they smiled at rushed to him.

"Where is Antonio?" Granny gasped, looking everywhere.

Praveen got scared but he gathered his confidence and smiled. "He had a really important meeting and...."

"What?" Granny gaped, getting really surprised. "I thought you two were gonna come together."

"Yes!" Emilia answered with a smile. "Don't tell me he didn't even eat the food."

Praveen felt shivers run down his spine as he prepared himself to lie to them. "Well, he ate before he actually went to the meeting." He lied, still smiling. He felt bad that he was lying.

"Hmm," Emilia smiled. "Looks like what they say is really true. The only way to a man's heart is through his stomach and I am sure that very soon, you two will fall deeper in love with each other."

Praveen raised his face as he tried his best to smile. In his heart, he was suffering for lying to his elders but he was actually doing it for them and their happiness. He loved them so much that he was even willing to suffer. Who knew what everything would do if it came out?

Granny held his hands and kissed on them. Praveen blushed and looked away. She then touched his shoulder and gave him the most wonderful kiss on the cheek.

"May you always be happy with Antonio," She blessed him. "May you be happy for the rest of your life and may that smile on your face never fade away."

She kissed him once more and his smile started fading. Hearing what granny had just said to him made him really emotional that he felt like crying. She was a really sweet woman and in her mind and heart, he was really happy. She had no idea just how much torture he was in.

"Thank you so much, granny."

"You don't have to thank me." She chuckled happily, passing her hand through his hair. "You've only been here for a few days but you've brought nothing but happiness to us. Antonio is lucky to have you in his life."

Praveen just gave her his half smile and said nothing. He could tell the two women were happy. How could he allow for them to be sad? He couldn't do it.

"Excuse me," He said softly. "I need to do something upstairs."

Praveen left the living room and he went upstairs to his room where he broke into tears as he remembered everything that had happened to him that day. He didn't even wanna see Antonio because it was gonna hurt. What was he gonna do?

***

Antonio and Andrea arrived back home after a really long and exciting day. Antonio couldn't believe he had actually spent a wonderful day with the love of his life and his sister. It had been magical and he wished the day didn't have to end. He was really glad that Bruce was back home and he couldn't wait to have him in his arms again.

He was holding his jacket, his hair was a mess and he was a little bit sweaty. He was dying for a really hot shower and some warm dinner before hitting the bed. He had really enjoyed himself and he could already see that his sister was tired as well.

"Hey!" He heard his mother's excited voice.

He moved his eyes in front and found her coming down the stairs looking really beautiful and with the most gorgeous smile on his face.

"Mom!" He greeted happily.

Emilia rushed to her children, placing soft kisses on their wonderful faces. She loved them so much and she was just so happy.

"You are welcome back," She beamed. "But I never expected you to come home this late."

"Sorry about that mom," Andrea apologized with the most beautiful smile ever. "We had gone somewhere and it had kinda taken longer. You know my brother recently came back and we are bonding."

"Yes!" Emilia nodded. "But I also know that he recently got married and Praveen has been waiting for him for a really long time. His marriage right now should be his first priority. You know that boy isn't familiar with this whole place and with you as well. You need to spend time with him, go out and just go on dates."

Andrea rolled her eyes in disgust but lucky for her, Emilia was too busy focused on Antonio that she didn't see what she did. Antonio on the other hand felt really irritated and mad at what he heard from his mother. He clenched his fists as he tried long and hard to control himself.

"But mom, it's not like my brother is not doing enough." She chuckled in mock, shrugging her shoulder. "It's good enough that he agreed to marry Praveen and...."

"Yes!" Emilia agreed, nodding her head. "But spending most of their time away from each other isn't good as well. They are married and should work on it too." She took a deep breath and sighed. "Anyway, tell me what you thought about today?" She grinned, resting her hand on her son's shoulder.

Antonio was confused. "Today?" He frowned, trying to understand her. "I don't get...."

"I am talking about the food, silly." She slightly hit him on the arm. "Praveen told me you ate the food he cooked right before you went for the meeting."

"What the fuck?" Antonio thought as his anger went to another level.

Andrea on the other hand gave a mocking smile, shaking her head. She had been right after all. Praveen was nothing but a stupid bitch that was ready to lie just to get what he wants.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked, still smiling at her son. "I know he is a great cook but...."

"Excuse me!" Antonio said before he quickly turned and started heading upstairs, leaving the woman wondering.

"Hey!" She called to him but he was still going. "Where are you...."

"I am sure he went to see Praveen." Andrea who knew what her brother was gonna do quickly said. "He wanted to talk to him before the meeting."

"Oh!" Emilia smiled. "Anyway, why don't you go and freshen up? Dinner is set."

Andrea smiled at her mother and kissed her on the cheek. She started heading to her room with an evil grin on her face. She was really enjoying all the drama that was going on in the house. She loved seeing Praveen sad, hurt and humiliated. Now that Bruce was back, all hell was gonna break loose. She couldn't wait to see Praveen leaving the house and she knew it was gonna be soon. She was gonna show him the door herself.

***

Antonio stormed inside the room, looking all around. He had his fists clenched, breathing like a beast. He was really pissed off and he wanted to hurt the boy. He looked all around but couldn't see him. Then he saw the door to the bathroom slightly opened.

He took a deep breath and started rushing towards the bathroom, not caring at all whether he was bathing or not. Reaching the bathroom, he furiously entered and closed the door behind him. Lucky for him, he found the boy combing his long hair in front of a big mirror.

Praveen got scared and surprised when he heard a loud bang. He felt his heart start to pound deeper in his chest. With a gasp, he quickly turned and almost bumped into Antonio.

Antonio got really angry especially when he looked into the boy's eyes. He wanted to hurt him a whole lot. With a loud groan, he gripped the boy's arm, pulling him closer to his body.

"What are you doing?" Praveen stuttered, feeling really scared.

"What the fuck did you tell my mother?"

"What are you talking about?" He was caught by surprise because he had no idea why Antonio had done that to him. "You are hurting me."

"What did you tell my mother?" Antonio groaned, putting more pressure on the arm. "What the fuck did you tell her?"

"I have no idea what.... Ouch!" Praveen winced as his eyes watered. "Please, you are just hurting me."

"I can't still believe you had the nerves to pull up such a stunt." He chuckled bitterly, giving the boy an angry grin. "Who gave you such right to even tell my mother what happened at the office."

"What are you talking about?" A tear went down Praveen's cheeks. "I never told her about what had happened at the office and...."

"But you lied to her." He furiously let go of the boy, leaving him holding his arm. It was bruised further and it hurt like hell. "What the fuck are you trying to show my mother, that we are falling in love or something?"

"No!" Praveen said slowly, shaking his head. He didn't even bother to rub his tears. "I had no intentions of showing her that because I know where I stand in your life. I know how much you hate me and...." He sobbed, slowly rubbing his tears. "...I will keep suffering as long as I am married to you. But she seemed really happy and.... And...." He paused and rubbed his tears. "...she assumed you had enjoyed the food. I couldn't crush her and granny's happiness just like that."

Antonio knew Praveen was right but he didn't give a fuck. "Listen to me right now you stupid little boy....." He warned, angrily pointing at the boy. "....If not for my mother I would have taught you a really big lesson. You are just lucky that my mother and my granny are involved in this because...."

"I know...." Praveen gave a sad sigh. "....I know you are doing this for your family's happiness but I also love...."

"You don't!" Antonio grunted, shaking his head. "You've only caused nothing but trouble here but don't think...."

"I know that and I know everything." He felt a little angry and hurt. "I know of the pain and torture I am going to go through but I love your mother and your grandmother because they are part of my family now and...."

"Why wouldn't you say that?" Antonio gave a long mocking chuckle, furiously dropping his arms. Then his mood got ruined and he started breathing like a predator, chasing after its prey. "Why wouldn't you when you know that they are good people and they are the only ones you can manipulate for money in this house."

A cold wind blew on Praveen's face as more tears flowed down his cheeks. His wounds reopened and he started hurting.

"You know that...."

"And very soon," Antonio's words were really harsh and they were scratching Praveen's skin. "I am gonna expose you and you will be out of here for good. You wanted to get married to me...." He laughed. "Then get ready to suffer in this marriage as well."

"I don't want any of your money." Praveen said in between sobs. "I hope you can understand that and just...."

"What are poor people good for?" Antonio shrugged. "I know how little boys like you are."

"Your mother knows my true...."

"That you are married to me?" He gave a mocking laughter, clapping his hands. "Wow! I actually can't believe you are saying that because this marriage is a charade and the only man I love is...."

"Bruce!" Praveen chimed in as more tears poured down his face, his heart tearing into pieces. "I know that you love him and I have no problem with it because you and I share no relations." He was just telling the truth and he hated Antonio right at that moment. "You made that clear to me but you don't have to hurt me all the time." He furiously rubbed his tears. "You don't have to rub it in my wounds. I am human too and I hope you understand."

With those few words, Praveen quickly left the bathroom rubbing his tears. His head was hurting terribly and his heart was in pain. He didn't even bother to finish combing his hair. He just wanted to go outside to catch some fresh hair and maybe let some of his pain out.

By the time he was getting out of the room, his face was already dry. He closed the door and started rushing down the stairs. But when he reached the second floor, something stopped him, something that made him freeze and feel really emotional.

"You should see how happy everyone is since Praveen came to this house...."

It was Emilia and her voice could be heard. It made him stand still and he wondered who she was talking to. He was curious and he slowly started moving towards the direction of the voice, her room. When he reached the door eventually, he found it open and what he saw made him really emotional. Emilia was standing in front of a big picture of her husband and she was talking to it.

"I have fulfilled our vow and even though you are not here, I know that you are happy." She chuckled in pain. "Our son is happy and Praveen is happy as well. I know that you already blessed this beautiful marriage but help me make it stronger." She put her hands together. "Give them as much happiness as possible and make their love stronger. I want Praveen to stay with us forever and love my son forever."

Praveen felt hot tears going down his face. He slowly moved away from the door with more tears going down his cheeks. He was emotional again and he didn't know how to control himself. With a groan, he covered his mouth and started running away from that place. He went to the terraces where he started crying once again.

It was a really cold night. The cold wind preyed on his skin and his tears felt really cold. He had never felt so vulnerable in his life before.

"Our son is happy...." Emilia's voice rang through. "...Praveen is happy."

"How do I tell all of you what is happening?" He sobbed uncontrollably, falling to his knees. "How do I make you understand when all of you are so happy with this marriage? Where do I go from here?"

Praveen had no choice because he couldn't call his aunt and tell her everything. He didn't wanna bother her with his problems because she had been through so much with keeping him. He couldn't tell Emilia because she was just too happy and he had no idea what it was gonna bring. He didn't want to disrupt the love and peace of a family that showed him nothing but love.

"Everyone is really happy with this marriage, mom...." He cried as tears fell to the ground. "...I am sure you are happy and this is what you wanted for me. I will stay in this marriage for the sake of your peace and everyone's happiness. But show me a way out of this pain, mom...."

He dropped his eyes to the ground and cried to himself. It was the pain he was gonna have to carry for the rest of his life but he had no idea what he was gonna do.

***

It was early morning and everyone was having their breakfast happily or so they thought. Praveen came into the dining room and he tried his best to smile when they all greeted. He had slept really late the previous night after crying for several hours. He had woken up, taken a bath and then fixed himself up to avoid answering questions. He still had a bit of a headache and his body was in so much pain. He was wearing a long sleeved shirt to avoid people from seeing his bruises and ask questions.

A little later, Antonio came into the dining and kissed everyone there. He tried by all means to avoid even making eye contact with Praveen because he didn't wanna look into his stupid face.

"So how did you sleep?" Eduardo asked, smiling at both Praveen and Antonio. "Both of you went upstairs and you didn't even bother to come for dinner."

Praveen raised his face and stared into the eyes of the man he was married to. Antonio rolled his eyes and looked away while taking a sip of his coffee.

"I was tired from my work yesterday." He said simply without any form of expression on his face.

"Really?" Eduardo teased, raising his eyebrow. "And here I was thinking that you missed Praveen so much that you wanted to stay with him because I am sure that's the reason why you couldn't come out."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 230 milliseconds