Destined Hearts Ch. 05

"And why do you care to know, Ethan?" She asked rudely. "Didn't you insult him the other day? Why do you want him today? Are you here to apologize to him?"

"Why in the world would I do that?" Ethan shook his head. "But come to think of it...." He rubbed on his chin as a thought hit him. "...why did Bruce come back?"

"Ha!" Andrea rolled her eyes, moving closer to Ethan. "Why are you acting dumb, Ethan? You used to be nice and good and you used to like Bruce...."

"That was then." Ethan dropped his hands. "Antonio is a married man and...."

"They love each other." Andrea said harshly as if she was trying to put up a fight. "Love is something you can never stop no matter what you do. Those two have been in a relationship for years now and you expect my brother to just leave him like that."

Ethan shook his head, failing to understand why Andrea was talking like that. "Are you telling me that Antonio despite being married is having an affair with Bruce?"

Andrea gave an evil grin, groaning softly. "Don't be ridiculous." She teased, smiling at him. "You know my brother better than that because you grew up together. He was forced into this marriage and...."

"Did Bruce follow Antonio and Praveen to their honeymoon?" Ethan asked, feeling a little angry. "Tell me right now, Andrea."

"You are actually crazier than I thought." Andrea rolled her eyes, dropping her hands to her hips. "Why would Bruce go to...."

"We both know why." Ethan argued, surprising Andrea even more. But she found it amusing. "Besides, I heard you talking to Bruce and you said he was with the man he loved."

"So you were actually spying on me?" Andrea said as she lost the smile on her. "Besides, what does it matter to you if he is with the man he loves or not? How do you even know if he is Antonio or just someone else?"

"Because I also know Bruce." Ethan pointed out, taking a deep breath. "But what all of you need to understand is that Antonio is married now."

"Yeah!" Andrea frowned. "To the boy that sneaked his way into our house. My brother was forced into that marriage and right now I don't care if he loves that boy or he loves Bruce. All I want is to see my brother happy."

Ethan couldn't believe it. "Are you telling me that you'd still support him if he started cheating on Praveen?"

Andrea gave Ethan an evil grin, smiling at him. "My brother is a grown up man and he can choose to live his life the way he wants to. I am gonna support him no matter what he does. It was supposed to be him and Bruce together but because of that boy, he is not happy anymore and as his friend...." She sighed. "...I expected you to understand."

"I am his friend, sure but that doesn't mean I will support what's wrong."

"You used to like Bruce and Antonio together."

"He is married now." Ethan snarled. "So please, tell me where Bruce is."

Andrea shook her head. No way was she gonna say anything to Ethan. "I told you he's out of town."

"You know what I mean."

"I am a very busy person, Ethan so leave me alone." She went back to her seat and picked up a document which she started reading.

"Did he follow Antonio and Praveen on their honeymoon?"

Andrea groaned, furiously rising from her chair. "What the heck do you want me to say?" She yelled, getting angrier by the moment. "I have told you to leave me alone. As for Antonio and Bruce, leave them alone because they have separated already and it's all because of that boy."

Ethan shook his head. "You are a lady, Andrea and I expected you to reason with me." He said with sadness. "How would you feel if your husband was having an affair with his ex?"

Hearing his question, Andrea gave a teasing chuckle. "I am not married, Ethan but my husband wouldn't cheat on me because we would be madly in love." She trilled, blushing a bit. "He would worship me but we both know that isn't the case with Antonio and..." She grimaced, gesturing because she thought Praveen's name was not worthy of her time.

"But read my lips," She slowly leaned her head forward. "My brother is not having an affair with Bruce because thanks to all of you that have failed to understand those two cannot be together anymore."

"I still don't believe you."

"Don't!" Andrea said, sitting back on the chair. "But even if Bruce is with Antonio, you can't do anything because it's their decision so you better let my brother live in peace. He has that stupid boy as a headache so let him live in peace."

Ethan stood still, lost deep in his thoughts.

"If Bruce followed Antonio then...." He took gloomy sigh. "...he isn't doing right because Antonio is married."

With those words, Ethan took a quick turn and stormed out of Andrea's office, banging the door behind him. After he left, Andrea sat back on the chair and hissed, picking up a fashion magazine from the table. She wasn't gonna let what had happened ruin her gorgeous mood.

Meanwhile....

"Something is definitely not right." Ethan thought as he slowly walked towards the elevator. "I know that Bruce is with Antonio and that means that.... Praveen probably doesn't know about it. I wonder what that boy is gonna do when he finds out about this.

But how do I find out?" He thought as he entered the elevator and it started going down. "Should I talk to someone, maybe Aunt Mil?" Then he realized something. "No!" He shook his head. "It will bring trouble and I don't want that boy to suffer when he finds out the truth. But I have to do something."

He quickly got out his phone and dialed a number. It wasn't long before he heard the phone ring.

"Hello...." Antonio said happily on the other end of the line.

Ethan could hear as if there was a strong wind where Antonio was, a wave or something.

"Yeah, dude...." Ethan cleared his voice and smiled. "...how are you and how are you enjoying the honeymoon."

"I am perfectly fine." Antonio couldn't mask his happiness. "I am actually enjoying this little getaway and I think it was a good idea."

"Strange!" Ethan thought, wondering what was going on.

"Really, dude!"

"Yes!" Antonio laughed on the other end.

"But why does it sound as if there is a lot of air where you are?" Ethan asked, getting more curious by the second. "I can barely get you."

"Oh! I am sorry but right now I am at the beach. That's why you are hearing that."

"Hmm," Ethan now suspected that something was definitely wrong.

"Okay, have a good time then. We will talk later."

"Okay."

Ethan cut the call and his hunch got even greater than it had been.

"Antonio wouldn't be as happy as he was if he was with Praveen." He said softly, staring at the elevator floor. "But it is also possible that he was just happy because many people were there."

Ethan was so confused that he didn't know what to do anymore. He had no idea how to find out.

"What if he was with Bruce at the beach?" He asked. "How will I find out the truth? I have to d something in order to find out."

At that moment, Ethan knew that there was just a lot that he needed to do. He just couldn't sit around but he also didn't know how he was gonna find out.

"What do I do?"

***

"Well, my name is...."

Before the man could even answer his questions,

"Bless me you two, my children." The priest came out of nowhere with a bright smile on his face.

He was putting on a white lobe, with his tall staff in his right hand. His pure white hair was long and it was just loose. His beards were long and he had his holy beads around his neck. Praveen somehow felt happy when he saw him.

"Thank you so much, priest." He leaned down and touched his feet.

The man also did the same and chuckled.

"It's a really wonderful day and seeing you here actually makes the almighty happy." The priest said with a chuckle. "He loves seeing his devotees pouring their hearts out to him."

Praveen looked at the priest. "But I don't understand what you mean?"

"I know you have a pure heart." He looked at the two men. "Both of you. The almighty can see that and he is proud. A boy who is very devoted and willing to see everyone happy and for the first time, a foreigner willing to learn the cultures of this country."

"It's an honor." The man said, putting his hands together. "I couldn't have just come to this country without visiting this place. I have heard a lot about it."

"Hmm," The priest couldn't have been more impressed. "The almighty always answers the prayers of his devotees." He slowly rested his hand on Praveen's shoulder. "It might not be soon but you will get your answers."

Praveen took a deep sigh. "I believe that he will answer at his own time." He said simply. "I am ready to submit to his will for my life. I know he chose this path for me but I don't know the reason why."

"And you will get your answers very soon." The priest sweetly squeezed his shoulder. "I am just his messenger but I know that very soon, you will get the answers you seek. You just have to believe and be confident. Confidence is what you need the most at this moment." He said in a really deep voice.

"Thank you so much, priest." Praveen felt happy and at peace. "That really means a lot to me."

"Always remember one thing...." He emphasized. "...you have to be strong because there might be many challenges in your path. But be strong and the almighty will help you."

Praveen still couldn't understand any of the words the priest was saying to him. He just nodded, still finding out what to say to him. What was he talking about because there were a lot of obstacles already? Did it mean that more were yet to come, he thought as he got more confused?

"But don't worry." The priest chuckled in a deep voice. "The almighty will always be with you."

The two men nodded and the priest felt really happy.

"Anyway, before you go, I have something really important that I have to give you."

The priest passed his hand through his bag and brought out two pure golden chains that looked beautiful with a small sparkly emerald at the bottom. It was amazing. He gave one to each of them and they thanked him.

"Those are wedding chains." He said, staring at the two of them. "They are a symbol of marriage and the almighty's blessings."

"Thank you so much." The man said, holding the necklace carefully. "This is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever received. Thank you."

But Praveen didn't like what he heard. It was a wedding chain and he knew exactly what it meant. How could he wear such a thing when his husband didn't even like him?

"Make sure your husbands put those chains around your necks."

"What?" Praveen gasped, feeling his heart pound deep in his chest. "I am so... sorry but I... I don't think I can do that." He was scared. "My husband can't agree to this and besides, why would I wear such a chain when my husband doesn't appreciate me, love me or even feel anything for me?" He asked, getting even more scared. "A marriage is a union between two people that agree to love, care and stay with each other. That is something that I lack in my marriage. It is just a charade just like he said to me. I don't even love him and...."

"My son...." The priest took a deep breath. "...just take the chain and make your husband put it around you. The almighty had decided to get you married so don't reject that holy gift."

"But...."

The priest quickly turned and went away from the two of them, leaving Praveen looking at the necklace with pain and... a feeling that he couldn't even describe. He was so confused and he definitely didn't know what to do. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder that made him quickly looked on his side and smiled when he saw the man looking at him without a smile on his face.

"Are you okay?"

"Err.... Yes," He lied.

"I am sorry." He apologized, putting the chain in his pocket. "I didn't mean for you to hear that or see any of that." Then he gave about the most beautiful smile when he saw the chain in the man's hands. "I am sure that chain will look beautiful around your neck when your husband puts it around you."

"So will yours." The man sighed. "But your situation seems really...."

"It is bad." He said. "I shouldn't be telling you this but my marriage was arranged years ago and it's not in the best situation now. Anyway, just forget about that." He smiled. "You were about to tell me your name."

"Yes!" The man resumed his smile, putting the chain in his pocket. "My name is....'

But before he even said his name, Praveen's phone started ringing and he quickly looked at the screen. It was Emilia and Praveen excused himself to answer her....

"Hello mother!"

"Hey, Praveen." Back at the house Emilia got out of her chair when she heard his voice. "How are you my darling?"

"I am fine, mother." He said as he gave his best smile. "How have you been?"

"Not fine, I haven't talked to you for two days." She sighed. "I have missed both of you but I didn't wanna disturb you.'

"Not at all, mother." He said in a sincere tone, shaking his head. "You know you can always call me."

"Yeah, but not while you are on your honeymoon." She laughed. "Anyway, how's your honeymoon and how's everything going there."

Praveen remained silent, thinking about what he had been through the past two days with his husband and his lover. It had been really bad but....

"Everything has been fine, mother." He lied, trying to sound as confident as he could. "It's been fun."

"Okay, and where's my son so I can speak to him?"

"Err...." Praveen had to think of something, a lie that could save him. "Well, you see...." He looked all around. "He just went to the men's room a few seconds ago. We are at the temple and...."

"Temple!" Emilia gasped. "Antonio and you are at the temple?"

"Yes!" He closed his eyes slightly, hoping she wasn't gonna suspect anything. "We were just passing by and we saw this beautiful temple so we came to pray.'

"Hmmm," Emilia felt it was a little strange. "Antonio has never loved temples but anyway, extend my greetings to him. I will call you later."

"Thank you."

Praveen cut the call and took a deep breath before he turned and faced the man he was with.

"I am so sorry for that."

"Your mother in law?" The man asked.

"Yes!" Praveen nodded, giving him a half smile. "Yeah. She was just checking up on me."

"She's good?"

"She's the best and she's done a lot of things for me." He groaned softly.

"You are very lucky." The man said, resting his hand on Praveen's shoulder.

"I am not so sure about that." He chuckled. "Anyway, what's your name?"

"Oh sorry," The man apologized, dropping his hand. "My name is Adrian..." He chuckled happily. "...Adrian Nicholas Miller."

Praveen looked at the man and they both smiled at each other. He felt really happy knowing the man's name and so was Adrian. The boy reminded him so much of himself.

What happens now that two worlds have crushed?

***

Hey guys, thank you so much for coming to the end of this great and wonderful chapter that I had made just for you. I really hope you guys loved and enjoyed it like the way I did when writing.

Do you like the story so far? What do you guys think about Praveen and other characters? Are you happy seeing Adrian appear in this chapter? Do you think he will help Praveen get confident?

Don't forget to drop your comments and rates about this chapter. I really love you guys a lot.

The theme songs for this chapter are, "Breathin and No tears left to cry," by Arianna Grande, "Broken vow" by Lara Fabian and "Heart attack" by Demi Lovato.

Chapter 06 might arrive later than I thought due to upcoming tests and exams. I love you so much.

Feel the passion....

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 579 milliseconds