Falsely Accused Ch. 06

Chief Moynahan was called to the stand and reiterated what I'd said. "Commander Troy's military experience, while good, is nowhere near my own. And that order by Harlow to go into that parking lot trap was one of the most irresponsible and dangerous orders that I have ever encountered."

"But Chief," said Finneran, "you do agree that Commander Harlow, in her capacity as Acting Commander in Troy's absence, had every right to give that lawful order... don't you?"

"I do not agreeeee." said the Chief. "First, there is no such thing as 'Acting Commander', like Troy was 'Acting Chief' for a while. Second, if there was an 'Acting Commander', it would be Captain Croyle, not Ms. Harlow. That is the chain of command, unless and until the Council dictates otherwise."

"Why is that?" asked the lead Commissioner.

"Because I said so," said the Chief, "in the absence of a clarifying ordinance from the Council."

Last, came Teresa's turn. And Finneran turned 'both barrels' on her.

"Captain," said Finneran, "you do agree that Deputy Chief Harlow outranks you, don't you?"

"No sir." said Teresa. "Her rank may be higher, but we don't have 'outranking' at Captain and above levels. My boss is Commander Troy, and then Chief Moynahan; they outrank me. The Deputy Chief does not, unless the Chief and Police Commander are both dead."

"Or incapacitated." said Finneran.

"I stand by what I said... both would have to be dead." Teresa replied.

"Commander Harlow gave lawful orders to the SWAT Team." said Finneran. "What makes you think you're good enough to countermand her orders? She has more years of experience than you do."

"I don't accept the premise of your question that her orders were lawful." Teresa replied (having been prepped by me for such questions). "Furthermore, her experience in paper pushing might be more than mine, but I'll put my experience in firefights, leading Vice Detectives and SpecOps Officers, as well as learning from Commander Troy, Chief Moynahan and Chief Griswold, against Commander Harlow's total lack of tactical experience any day."

The decision came down before the end of the day. Teresa was cleared by a 2-1 vote of the Board. The Board also made a strong statement that the Council needed to clarify the Police command structure by passing an ordinance...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 2:00pm, Deputy Chief Della Harlow was called into the Chief's office. I was sitting on the sofa to one side, solely as a witness. The Police Captain's Union rep was also in the room. Della was not invited to sit down. This was formal.

"Deputy Chief Harrrrlowwww," drawled the Chief. "your record with this Police Department up to the last few months has been a very good one. Citations for excellent work in Administration, good leadership of those under you in Admin positions. Star of Gallantry, unusual for an Administrator. And the Orange Order... that's a great honor for anyone, as it is voted upon by your peers."

"And then we have... the last few months." continued the Chief. "Statements you have made to the Press have been unprofessional, and they have been detrimental to this Police Force. You have accused a good Detective of being a racist when he has exhibited no reason to be called such a thing. And you've been sticking your nose where it does not belong... in Operations.

"Last, but not least, it is my considered opinion as your Police Chief and as a former military commander that your orders would indeed have put my Police Officers in harms way. And your order for Officers to stand down instead of rushing to Commander Troy's aid was directly responsible for necessitating his actions to use deadly force to protect his family and another Police Officer."

"Sir, I object to that." said Della. "Commander Troy's actions were his own, and I believe they were excessive and overly violent. I strongly refuse to allow myself to be held to blame for him shooting another person to death."

"Noted." said the Chief. "My opinion, which is the one that counts, is that your actions contributed very directly and heavily to that perp's death. The bottom line, Commander Harlow, is that I am re-evaluating my Police Force, particularly its command structure. And you will no longer be a part of that command structure."

"I'll fight that like hell." said Harlow. She turned to the Union Rep. "Consider this my grievance."

"The Captain's Union has already discussed this with the Chief, the I.G. and the Sheriff." said the Rep. "We do not intend to contest the Chief's actions." Della's eyes showed anger, but not surprise, I noted.

The Chief took it back up: "Now Commander Troy, bless his heart, thinks you're a good Administrator, and actually suggested in writing that you be given an Admin situation either here or somewhere else in County Government. He's a good man, and he wants to put people where they will serve themselves and the People the best. He suggested a transfer, or a demotion to Captain, and continued service as a capable Administrator."

"What I've had to explain to him," said the Chief, "is that actions such as yours, Ms. Harlow, are not acceptable... to the point that you cannot be allowed to remain in this Police Force, either in your current position or a lesser capacity. Even if bygones were bygones, your continued presence is a problem, a cancer within my organization."

"Soooo," said the Chief, "you have one of four choices: you can attempt to find a place in which to transfer, and I can tell you now that your chances of that are nil; you can resign; you can do nothing and be relieved of duty by me, and the process to fire you will begin immediately; or you can accept what Commander Troy begged me to do, to offer you early retirement but as a Captain, and a pension based upon a Captain's salary. Again, Commander Troy is being far, far more generous that I wanted to be..."

"How long do I have to decide?" asked Harlow, knowing that the machinery was now in motion against her, as she'd attempted to put it in motion against the Iron Crowbar.

"Twenty four hours." said the Chief. "Or more accurately, end of first shift to-morrrrrrow. You're relieved immediately, of course."

Della would consult with attorneys and the Union the next day, but would ultimately accept the early retirement.

Part 26 - Sins of the Father

Monday, September 11th. The sun had set over the ridgeline and it was growing dark as Teresa, Cindy, myself and Chief Griswold sat in his backyard around a fire in his iron pot. Mrs. Griswold and my mother had gone to dinner with some of the ladies of the Veasley Community Center.

"So what is it about that Deputy Chief's position?" said Griswold. "First Brownlee, then Harlow going bad on us. Harlow was always really good, until just recently."

"Brownlee was always bad." I said. "Harlow... well, she started letting her politics guide her more than her professionalism. After the surprise re-election of Governor Jared, the division between those on opposite sides of the political fence has grown wider, and with fewer people in the middle. Harlow was bitter about Jared's re-election, then she became more bitter when her attempt to destroy Teddy Parker by calling him a racist didn't work."

"So she's gone more and more off the rails, politically speaking," I continued, "and my support of Jared infuriated her even more. So she started trying to get me kicked to the kerb, especially after this rape case came along. And she's not the only one: a lot of people in this State and even this Nation are letting politics rule their actions, and they're getting burned because of it."

"I dunno." said Cindy. "She was at the Hospital the night Luskin walked in... I'd say she was already part of the plan, which suggests she was part of it long before that night."

"That's Iron Crowbar thinking, there, Green Crowbar." I said. "No wonder you have your own crowbar."

"Stoppit." Cindy replied. "So... who is going to be the next Deputy Chief?"

"You want the job?" I asked. Seeing Cindy's look of shock, I said "I'm not kidding. I know your father has been showing you all the books of his operations, for the day you'll inherit it. You've been handling admin-type stuff as a Captain for a while now, as well. All you need to do is oversee the people in the positions beneath them, let them handle it."

"Nooooooo thank you." said Cindy. "I am very happy where I am."

"So who's the next Deputy Chief?... and don't ask me to do it." said Teresa.

"I couldn't pry you out of your job with a red crowbar." I said with a grin. "You're exactly where you are supposed to be. But to answer the question, there's not going to be anyone in the Deputy Chief slot, at least for now. We might put Captain Aaron in it next year, or not. But Holloway is only breveted a Lieutenant, no way she's going there. Briscoe is not being considered, he was a Harlow supporter and may not be reliable."

"What about Briggs?" said Teresa.

"Nice try." I said, knowing what Teresa was suggesting. She'd love to have Irwin as Precinct Captain and Rudistan as the Precinct Lieutenant. "But Briggs is going nowhere except into retirement, eventually."

"Speaking of that," Cindy said, "did you know that as Medal of Valor recipients, we can retire at any time, and as if we have the full 20 years, with half-pay of the position we retire at?"

"I did hear that." I said. "I checked to see if I would get double half-pay, in other words full-pay, for having two Medals... but it was 'no go' on that."

"Thank God." said Teresa. "You'd be bored in retirement, sir." I understood what she was really saying.

I chuckled. "Yes, I would be. Just like Chief Griswold here is bored."

"Son," said the Chief, "fishing is never boring."

"No sir," I replied agreeably, "but everything else is." The Chief's eyes cut towards me, but he said nothing.

"Well," said Cindy, "I for one am glad this whole Luskin-Gordon rape case is ovah. God, did I fuck things up."

"Yes." I said. "It was a very bad plan on your part from the start."

"Whaaa?!?!" Cindy gasped. Teresa also looked shocked. The Chief looked as if his hand had been caught in the cookie jar.

"Child, please." I said jovially, "You are not dealing with an Agency of the Weak Minded. I admit I was slow, and it took a while, but I finally realized you had to have known exactly what you were doing when you deliberately created legal loopholes for Peter Gordon the night he was arrested. Hell, I sent you back to the Police Academy over that stuff, and you still did it."

"I should've known you'd figure it out." said Cindy.

"What?!" gasped Teresa, looking at Cindy. I was peering hard... at Chief Griswold.

"Yes, it was my idea." admitted the Chief, not liking being watched by my baleful eye. "The Governor and I are not unaware of what is going on around us. We and some friends got wind of a plot to take down the Iron Crowbar with this trial. I explained things to Ms. Ross, and she agreed to create the legal loopholes in case the Iron Crowbar couldn't get the charges thrown out."

"We never thought it would go to trial." Cindy said. "I couldn't believe Jenna was so dumb to not see right through Luskin's false claims."

"That's why the plan was bad." I said. "Jenna was not and is not dumb, but she has an unholy zeal about women's rights and rape victims not being taken seriously by Police. Bettina's not exactly impartial on that, either. They were both truly bitter that I was looking into Luskin, though I think they now understand why. But of course Jenna was going to take it all the way to trial."

"I will never again pretend to think I can be the Iron Crowbar at schemes like that." promised Cindy.

"That's because I don't scheme." I said, which got me a 'look' from Teresa. "I just fuck up other people's schemes when they try to do me wrong."

"Yeah, we should've thought more about that one." said Griswold.

"Y'all should've trusted me." I replied. After a pause, I said "Ladies, would you give me a moment alone with the Chief?" The women got up and went back to the house.

"Uh oh." said the old Chief. "I think I'm about to get a crowbar beatdown."

"A verbal one, for sure, Chief." I said. "Your plan was really bad, sir. Especially the part about having the Sheriff suspend me without pay."

"Damn, nothing does get by you." the old Chief muttered.

"I know, I know," I said, "you thought it would give me time and some cover to find out about Luskin's other false accusations. You thought I'd be able to run with the FBI guys for a while... but then I beat the shit out of that traitor Dana Fox and turned in my FBI Consultant badge. But you didn't have to have Daniel suspend me for me to find out about Luskin. I would have, anyway."

"You're right." said the Chief. "I'm sorry. I made mistakes. I owe you one."

"Yes, yes you do. You're going to make it up to me, Chief." I said, then leaned over towards him. "And just wait until I tell you how..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Once back home at the Mountain Nest, I helped put Carole and Jim to bed, then went downstairs and accepted a drink from Laura as she sat down beside me.

"So." she said. "Melina and I were thinking about getting together for dinner this Saturday. We think you and Daniel need a chance to mend some fences."

"We've been doing that a little too much," I said, "and our esteemed elected Sheriff has not gotten the message about things. Besides, Saturday is out, for other reasons." I told her the reasons.

"Okay, Friday, then." said Laura. "But really, for the good of family as well as the Police and the County, y'all need to do this."

"You know..." I said, thinking about it, "maybe you're right..."

"Uh oh." Laura said. "I get worried when I hear you talk like that."

I grinned. "Well, maybe you'll be less worried when I talk like I like best: honey, lets to go to bed."

"Ooooo, yes, I do like that better." Laura said. We headed upstairs to our bedroom...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

She was drop-dead gorgeous. Tall for a woman, even taller in the beige high-heel pumps she was wearing, her body a perfect, saucy, hourglass shape, her hair a thick mane of honey-blonde, gently curly strands over her shoulders and down her back, and full lips that invited kissing, or fellatio. Her breasts were augmented by the best of plastic surgery, but did not have that totally artificial look that many porn starlets had. Her thighs were toned, and her calves very shapely.

Only her eyes were wrong: they were dark brown, and if one looked into them, one saw lifelessness. But they were practically hidden under makeup and mascara.

Her name was Racquel, and she was one of the hottest prostitutes in the State. Her beauty and fame rivaled the late Cherie Ward. She could command $5000 an hour for sex, and men would eagerly pay it in order to sample her sexual talents and enjoy her body. And then they would come back for more, hopelessly addicted.

Tonight, she was in Senator Samuel Russell's suite, Room 1822 of the Marriott Grande Hotel in the City. He was sitting behind the desk, reading the information that she had brought him in the sealed envelope. She was one of several couriers between Russell and BigAgraFoods.

"Hmm, so we have a leak in our operations." said Russell. "Seems that certain elements of the FBI are not getting the message that a United States Senator has told them to back off their investigation. So, my dear, anything else?"

Racquel stood tall in front of the desk and said "BigAgraFoods has a gift for you. Me. They paid for an hour."

"Well, then, come sit on the desk." said Russell. He watched as Racquel slid out of the top of her dress, the let it slide down her luscious body to the floor. She came around the desk as Russell watched her, loosening and removing his necktie.

She sat on the desk and lay back, knowing what the Senator wanted. She pulled her legs up and back, exposing the swollen labes of her well-used pussy. Russell wasted no time in bending over and sliding his tongue along Racquel's slit, probing deeper and deeper with each lashing until he was face-deep in her sodden quim.

"Mmmmm..." Racquel moaned, pretending to enjoy being eaten by the 'distinguished' Senior Senator from the State. In reality, she thought, this guy was boring as hell in bed. He had a great looking wife, she thought, wondering how that poor woman endured the Senator's lackluster performance...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

She had crouched down and sucked Russell's six inch cock as he finished undressing, then he led her to the leather sofa against the side wall of the room. She lay down, naked except for her high heel pumps, spreading her gorgeous legs in obscene, wanton invitation, and invitation no straight man could refuse.

Russell mounted the hot blonde prostitute, and his throbbing, six inch cock had no problem finding her honey hole. He groaned as he felt his cock sink into her, nuts-deep in pleasure. After he ground his hips around to stir her pot, he began thrusting into her with short, stabbing strokes. Racquel expertly matched his rhythm, working to give him the maximum sexual pleasure possible.. but also working to get him off and finish this boring fuck.

"Oh yeahhhhh, you are so fucking hot." Russell gasped as he looked down at the blonde beauty. He began fucking her harder, and she wrapped her long, luscious legs tightly around him. He began thinking to himself that powerful men like him had access to the best pussy like this, while men lesser than himself could only dream about fucking a hot bitch this beautiful, having legs like hers wrapped around him as he enjoyed her hot, wet snatch. It's definitely good to be a powerful U.S. Senator, he thought to himself as he drove harder into the beautiful prostitute's pussy.

He was not wearing a condom, exposing himself and any other women he would fuck to possible diseases, but he knew that a woman like Racquel did not fuck low-life trash, but only men that could afford her excellent services. Again he thought of how good it was to be a powerful Senator, getting to fuck women like this while common men had to settle for less beautiful, less hot women...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I guess I'm special, too. I was watching Laura as she rode me, grinding her magnificent ass around my iron-hard cock as she impaled herself on it again and again and again. Her big, milk-filled breasts bounced heavily on her chest above her quivering, firm abs, and she groaned as I reached up and fondled her big tits, pinching her long, rock-hard nipples. I wasn't sure how I was so blessed to have a woman like this as my wife and the mother of two wonderful children, and I wasn't going to ask, nor complain...

And she was a 'hubby watcher', too... double the luck, I thought to myself as I felt her cunt clutch my cock as she moaned in a deep, soulful orgasm...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Uhhh!" Senator Samuel Russell groaned as he began firing jets of hot, sticky cum into Racquel's hot, clutching cunt. She had endured his boring fucking, and was now pretending to come with him, working her cunt muscles to milk his sperm out of his balls and his cock.

Once finished, Russell kissed her on the cheek, as she turned her head to avoid letting him kiss her luscious mouth. He stood up and she sat up and took his softening penis into her mouth, cleaning their mixed juices off of his cock and balls.

"That was good, baby." he said. "You should take a job with my staff, personal assistant, you know?"

"I make more money now." Racquel said as she began dressing. Russell was getting dressed, also. She knew she had to stay in the room until he left, and that one of his Security people would escort her out.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 103 milliseconds