Family Issues Ch. 13

"Mommy? You're back."

"Aha."

"What did you bring me?"

"Lots of hugs and kisses. I missed you too, sweetheart."

"When are you coming?"

"I'll see you in four hours."

"Nine p.m. sharp, Kev." Kevin's dad could be heard from the background.

"Hi, Dad. When I said nine-ish, I didn't mean nine o'clock, I meant when they're nine. So, see you in four years."

"Funny." Finn picked up the phone. "Seriously, I need you to be here on time. I've got a date tonight."

"A what now?"

"A date."

"Like with a woman?"

"Yes."

"She has a name?"

"Yes."

"All right, we're having a barbecue on Sunday. Mike and Ginger are coming. You're welcome to join, and you can bring any mysterious date, as long as she's well behaved."

"I'll think about it. No! Hey! Don't you dare—" Someone started wailing on the other side like an ambulance siren. "Oh, crap, they...Hallie just hit Annie with a rolling pin."

"Hey, dad," Ben took his father aside as Helen tried to establish truth of arms over the phone. The twins were sometimes more difficult than the Israelis and the Palestinians. "Aunt Ginger and Uncle Mike are coming this weekend?"

"You wanna know if they're bringing Robyn?"

"What do I care if she's coming or not?"

"Okay, so I won't tell you."

"Daaad."

Kevin let out a belly laugh. "She's coming. Not that you care."

Ben nodded, but when he thought his father wasn't watching he gave a fist pump.

"Mark the date," Kevin said to Helen when she finally hung up the call. "Junior started noticing boobs."

"I'm more worried about this dummy." She nodded toward Sam. "I called her two days ago and told her I believe it's too early for her to start having sex. She told me that ten o'clock is not too early."

"Kickass."

"Deflecting a serious subject using a cheap joke. Gee, I wonder where she got that from."

"Yeah, I'm so angry and yet so proud right now. Weird."

"And just before you surfaced, I caught her and Derek down below. They were either eating the hottest jambalaya known to mankind, or we're about to become grandparents."

"Unless she was doing him. What? All right, all right, I'll talk to her." He pulled his wife, and Helen happily lost herself in his kiss. At thirty-seven he still had an athletic body, and his naked skin ignited her until the only thing important was touching him more.

"I want you," she whispered into his ear. "Five days without is a record I never wanna break."

"Okay, kids, Mom is exhausted. We will take a nap in the cabin. No disturbances unless there's blood."

"Gross." Sam wasn't born yesterday. "Why can't you two act like normal parents and respectfully loath each other?"

"I've told you a million times, Sam. Your mother didn't have a boyfriend until she was thirty, so she needs extra loving to compensate for the lost years."

"You're saying I'm high-maintenance, Kev?"

"An aircraft carrier is high-maintenance, babe. You're in a league of your own. On my tombstone they'll write, 'Died because he texted Good morning and forgot to add the three red hearts.'"

She thought of something clever to tease him back, but the joy of being back home swept over her. She let it slide.

Happiness wasn't rare; it wasn't a shimmer at the corner of your eye.

Happiness was waking up to see her beauty in the morning. Happiness was the way her lip trembled when she was stressed, and how she always smiled when Kevin saw her lip trembling and chased all her demons away. Happiness was her laughter at his jokes, even the dumb ones. Happiness was four kids, annoying as hell. Each an individual, each a complex little human being. You loved them and taught them the difference between right and wrong. You watched over them, and you prayed that they grow up happy and free of any fucked-up family issues.

"Hey, Mom, I've got a new one," Ben tugged his mother's sleeve. "What's the similarity between a spoon, a shark, and an ant?"

"They all begin with the letter S. The ant's name is Suzan."

"Aww," she regretted ruining the punchline when she saw the disappointment on his young face. "Dad already told you that joke?"

"He must have. I can't remember when I've heard it, but I know I just did." Something clicked. A memory from a long time ago in a restaurant and a ten-year-old, purple-eyed boy. She turned to her husband. "Hey, Kev, I think I fell in love with you before I even met you."

"That makes sense."

"No, really."

"Yeah, we were written in the stars." Kevin sighed happily. "Your mom is high-maintenance, Sam. But you know something else? She's absolutely, totally worth it."

Happiness wasn't rare, happiness was right there for the taking. All you had to do was keep in mind never to take it for granted and hold on tight to what you had.

She wanted to tell him they might have met a long time ago in the Chatty Seabass and that their lives had run a full circle since. But then Kevin took her by the hand to the cabin below, and he loved her tenderly for a very long time, and she forgot all about it.

–-The End

Whew, a loooong journey. First chapter was published a year ago. It had ton of sex (some say too much, others say not enough). Dominating futanari and a romance like I promised. Tons of family issues, I hope most of them were resolved. Sorry if I sometimes shoved my worldview down your throats. I do hope that despite using futanari (an imaginary fetish creature related to the Femdom fetish), my real beliefs about homophobia showed. (Just to make it clear. Futanari are not transgenders. I've heard of a lot of transgenders who were victims of violence. I've never heard of a transgender who was a sexual predator.)

By the way, I wrote the sketch of the epilogue scene somewhere around the 3rd chapter. The story might have appeared to go astray at times, but I think it can be attributed to the intervals between chapters. Read it from start to end, and it would make more sense.

I wanna thank all the good people who took the time to read it. As usual I ask you to grade and comment to show me some love.

What's next?

Other stories I guess, with different characters (I've let Kevin and Helen suffer enough). I have an idea for three stories (none as long) but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks again. Please be kind to each other.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 57 milliseconds