Iron Rose Ch. 05

"What if he confronts you?"

"I don't think he'll do that." Miguel chuckled nervously. "I don't even think he remembers anything."

"Carter sounded very convinced when he confronted me." Brian said with a frown. He was somehow scared.

"Maybe Carter chose not to confront me and stay away for the best." He was hoping that was the truth.

Brian sighed and then rubbed on Miguel's hands. "Right now, I don't even know what to say. I can only imagine what you did to Gabino even though you haven't told me."

Miguel raised his face and when their gazes met, both just got lost in each other's eyes. For the past weeks, Miguel had learned to love and trust Brian although he was still with Felix. He could feel their bond reforming.

"Would you judge me if I told you I killed him?" Miguel asked sternly, his look really cold. "Wouldn't you want to do the same if for someone that you really love, someone close to you, your brother or sister?

Brian gulped, feeling a cold wave pass through his system. He couldn't even imagine what he'd do if something as bad had happened to Miguel or Felix because they were the most important people in his life.

"I understand. But..." He paused and smiled sheepishly. "...what about Alejandro? What are you planning to do since he escaped and went for a trip abroad? Are you planning on doing what you did to Gabino to him as well?"

But Miguel wouldn't answer. He just stared at Brian and then looked away. He wasn't done with Alejandro because he suspected something and until then, he was gonna be alert. But he couldn't tell Brian that. The two men just spoke about something different, anything to pass the time. But Miguel was awfully silent most of the time.

And that was how he remained when Brian left late in the afternoon, seated quietly in the living room with his hand rubbing on his temple while he got lost deep in his thoughts. He rubbed his face, take a deep breath and then got up from the couch. The moment he turned, he got the shock of his life. He had no idea what was happening or if he was dreaming but he could have sworn Carter was right in front of him, staring at him with shock and confusion on his face.

He was putting on a white t-shirt, black jean and blue snickers. His hair had grown in the weeks, reaching his shoulder and he didn't even bother tie it. His bruises had completely healed and he looked handsome too. He looked perfect except for the brace on his hand because the doctors had told Miguel that Carter's hand hadn't fully healed.

Seeing him, Miguel's face simply went blank but deep down inside, he was really happy and emotional. But he couldn't do anything.

"Carter, what are you doing here? And what had happened to you? You hand... You..."

"Drop the act, Miguel!" Carter said harshly, getting closer to Miguel. He was in so much pain. He had come to find out the truth. There had been a celebration to welcome him back at the neighborhood but he had freed from there. "I know you know exactly what had happened to me."

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Miguel lied, rubbing on his temple as that sexy killer smile decorated his face. "I have a lot of things to do than to keep myself up to date with you, Carter."

Although Miguel was saying that, he was really in so much pain and anguish.

Carter groaned and then came and stood in front of Miguel, staring deep into his eyes.

"I want you to have the same courage you had when you confronted me about Christian." He said harshly, clenching his hand. "I want you to have the courage to finally face up to your brother." Miguel felt his heart pound violently. "I know you were there. I heard you call me, brother!" carter was being rude.

Shocked at first, Miguel burst into laughter, staring at Carter like he had just grown a set of horns.

"I can see that what happened to you really messed up with your head, Carter." Miguel lost the smile on his face, folding his arms on his chest. "Whatever made you think you were my brother? I was an only child and..."

"Don't think I am stupid!" Carter chimed in, getting closer to the sexy boy. "I know for the fact that you're lying. Please, I just wanna hear the truth from you. At least, you owe me that, please. All my life..." Carter paused as he felt tears building in his eyes. "...I have had to suffer, work hard, cry, being laughed at and tortured. For years, I have felt unlucky and now I get to find out that I was also abandoned. You have abandoned me." His voice was rising slowly as anger took the best of him. "And you still left me for dead when I was beaten up by Gabino. You still abandoned me again."

Miguel felt a huge lump in his throat.

"Yes!" He gasped, feeling weak. "I am your brother!" He literally yelled.

Carter's eyes widened as his mouth gaped, releasing a series of sharp gasps. Tears came flowing as his heart pounded violently in his chest... the blood in his veins felt like poison... he felt weak in the knees but he managed to stand still. He felt like someone had shot him in the heart.

Miguel's words kept on ringing inside of him, hurting him deeply. Of all people that had to be his brother... it had to his rival, the man that he really hated with every fiber of his being. It was really painful and he couldn't accept it.

"How... how can this be?" Carter's mouth shook. "You sent me to prison and had me tortured. How can you possibly do that?"

"I had no idea that you were my brother at that time." He said in an unapologetic tone but deep down he was dying. He shrugged as he started walking around the room with Carter following him behind. "

"And what about the time you confronted me about Christian?"

Miguel chuckled as he stood still, smiling at Carter. "Christian?" He moaned, smiling evilly. "That is a different story. Christian is the man I love and never would I allow anyone to take him away from me, Carter. Not even you."

Carter's heart felt like it had been pierced. He furiously rubbed his tears and sighed. "I can't believe that a person like you is related to me. I refuse it." He yelled followed by series of tears. "You're just a cold boy without any limit. You're ready to step on anyone that you want, not caring about how they feel. But that's your business."

Miguel couldn't answer. He just looked at Carter, fighting off the urge to hug him and tell him how much he loved him. But one question shook him to the core...

"Gabino told me something. Are you really a victim of rape?" He said, his voice cold and harsh. "Did some men rape you and kill your entire family years back? Is that the reason why you're like this?"

Miguel felt his heart racing as he got shocked. Then he burst into a laughter that made Carter really mad. He laughed and laughed harder, holding his chest. He was so good at pretending that Carter was buying everything.

"Rape? Me?" He chuckled, pointing at himself. "Are you hearing yourself? I was never raped. Gabino is a psychopath and you know that."

"I don't care." He rasped, furiously rubbing his tears. "I want to know the truth."

"The truth, hmm..." Miguel rubbed on his temple, looking up like he was thinking of something but in a cocky way. "Well, the truth is that I was never raped and my family wasn't killed. They just died." Then he got closer to Carter, his face getting really serious. "The truth is that my parents just wanted one kid and when they got you, they thought they were done. But then mistakenly, after a few years mother got pregnant again and had me. They loved us both but the pressure of having many kids wasn't something they could handle so why choose a prince when they got a king?" He pointed at himself, smiling. "So... they just chose to remain with me for some time, letting you to be taken by Yvette far away where she lived."

Carter shook his head. "That's a lie! No mother would ever want to give her child away." He literally yelled. "And why give me to a poor woman like mother?"

"You're right!" Miguel sighed. Miguel wasn't planning on hurting Carter by telling him about the murders of his parents and his rape or his past. It was better if he kept on thinking that his brother was the worst person ever to protect him. "No mother would ever wanna do that. Mother regretted it her entire life but Yvette was gone. She pleaded with me to find you when she died..." He paused and took a deep breath. "...but how could I when I had the entire wealth to myself? I couldn't allow my ambitions to be destroyed by a mere brother, a prodigal son. I would step on anyone and I don't give a fuck about anything to get power and you on the other hand..." He paused and stared at Carter who looked beyond shocked. "...would only hold me back."

Miguel's face was dead serious. He got closer to Carter, dying inside when he saw those tears forming. But it was for the best.

"This is who I am. I am never gonna change. I am your brother, La don!" He literally screamed in Carter's face, watching as tears made their way to his face.

He kept on staring at Miguel, feeling his anger overflowing. His hatred intensified for Miguel and sadly, his pain too. He couldn't believe what kind of person Miguel was, someone that was angry for power and money that he was ready to kill and destroy. He hated him so much and didn't know what to say.

Miguel on the other hand just stared at Carter, pleading in his heart for Carter to forgive him. He had to do what he was doing for his own protection. His life was gonna be in danger if he brought him into his life.

Miguel thanked his lucky stars when he saw Alicia worriedly coming inside with Mark behind him. He gestured for Mark to go away while Alicia rushed to where the two brothers where, wondering what was happening. She had been looking for Carter and had only gotten a call from Drake that he was at Miguel's house so she had come rushing.

"I am happy you're here, Alicia." Miguel said, making Carter to turn to where the worried Alicia was coming from. "Can you please tell Carter that I was never raped and my family was never killed? You were there when everything happened and when parents gave him to Yvette and also when she died."

Alicia was beyond shocked. She wanted to deny but just one look from Miguel had her thinking if she wanted to do that.

"I am sorry, Carter..." She sighed, rubbing his cheeks sweetly. "...Miguel is telling the truth and I didn't want you finding the truth like this. Everything was just done to protect you."

Miguel felt his chest tightening as a sharp pain took him by surprise. "I just didn't want you in the way, Carter." Miguel said softly. "I am just naturally cold like that."

"What the fuck?" Carter turned, furiously rubbing his tears. He was breathing heavily like a predator which was chasing prey, his body trembling in rage. "You're the worst, most disgusting, terrible person I have met and I hate you so much. I hate you with every fiber of my being." He clenched his fist, bringing to his face as his jaws shook. "I always knew you were bad but this is worse than I thought."

"Carter!" Alicia raised her voice. "Don't talk to your brother like that."

"No, Alicia," Miguel gestured, fighting his tears. He couldn't afford to go weak. "Carter has every right to be bitter. Let him pour his heart out."

Carter raised his finger, pointing angrily at Miguel. His eyes were blood red and he wanted to kill Miguel.

"I would rather have been dead than knowing that I had your bad blood."

With a groan, he purposely bumped into Miguel and stormed out of the house. As soon as he left, Miguel's face got decorated with tears. He couldn't hide them. Seeing them, Alicia's heart broke to pieces and she held his hand, sweetly rubbing on it. She wanted to hug him and kiss him because she had been longing for it. She knew just how much pain he was in. She could see past what he did because he had really suffered.

"I know that you did it to protect him." She muttered, her eyes becoming glassy. "You don't want him to know that his parents were ruthlessly murdered and his brother was also raped. You're doing all this to protect him from danger. You know it would kill him."

"You should go." Miguel said in a harsh voice, looking right at Alicia. "You should go with Carter." He sobbed. "He needs you. Help him. Take care of him like the mother and brother I was never able to be for him!"

Alicia nodded as she squeezed Miguel's shoulder and left him. Miguel dropped to his knees and cried softly.

***

Alejandro had just come from his trip abroad and just got the news from his wife, Laura that everyone now knew that he was the one that had ordered the hit on Carter. Alejandro tried to deny it but found it was no use because his wife had become nosy as of late. He admitted to it but only did that because Carter had caused his son's death. He was just a father that wanted revenge for what had happened.

Laura understood him but told she was really worried about what Miguel was going to do to him once she saw him. He was really confused and couldn't understand why Miguel would raise a finger for Carter. But Laura told him that she wanted to keep everything to herself because she had promised Ximena she wouldn't tell a soul but she was gonna tell him because she wanted to protect him.

He couldn't lay his hand on Carter for any reason because a brother will never hesitate to kill for his brother even if they abandoned them. Alejandro was shocked but he couldn't understand...

"Carter is Miguel's brother!" It wasn't a question.

Alex couldn't believe it. In fact, he refused to believe it. Laura warned him never to touch Carter again. But Alex still couldn't understand how Carter turned out to be Miguel's brother even after the way he treated him.

Laura couldn't keep silent anymore. She angrily told a shocked Alex that she knew that the dragons had something to do with Miguel and she had found out something that he was involved. But before she could go further, Alejandro covered her mouth, warning her never to mention that name or ever tell anyone about it. The conversation wanted to continue but Ximena came and Alex excused himself.

Laura told Ximena about what she had told Alejandro. She did it to protect him from Miguel. Ximena asked her what she was hiding about Alejandro but Laura refused to talk about it. Brandon arrived at the house to take pregnant Ximena with him by force but she was disgusted with him. She couldn't allow him near her after what he had done to their son. It was unforgivable and she told him she never wanted to go back to him. After all, she was having an affair with George, Christian's friend and if Brandon found out, he was gonna kill her.

Brandon wanted to impose himself to intimidate the women but Laura warned him that she was gonna use her power as a journalist and expose him to the world. He couldn't live with that so he left like a scaredy cat.

Meanwhile, Alex went to visit Miguel and got really surprised when Miguel received him well. He told him about Carter being his brother and also understood why he had acted the way he did because it was never too easy to lose a child and he also knew that Alex was his friend and they trusted each other. Alex was definitely really happy. But Miguel wanted him to embark on a new path of protecting Carter.

Alex was beyond shocked but agreed but he was curious and asked him about Gabino. Miguel told him not to worry himself over that. He had already taken care of it. What was Miguel up to?

***

"Carter, I am truly sorry for not being there for you." Christian apologized, holding Carter's hands sweetly. I should have been there to save you, visited you when you were in the hospital and stay by your side. I am truly sorry."

Christian was still in jail and had been there for weeks. He was still locked and was just talking to Carter while behind bars. He was looking really dark with his hair which had grown but was really messy. His beards had also grown but he was still looking good. Seeing him in that condition, Carter felt really terrible. The man he loved, the man he wanted to be with his entire being, the man he wanted to make love to in that same cell was in jail. It was painful.

"I... I am sorry." He said in an emotional voice. "I just heard that you've been here for weeks. But that's not why I came here. I also didn't come here because I want you back in my life. I have something really important to talk to you about."

Christian sighed, rubbing his face. He had no idea why he was nervous.

"Did Miguel talk to you about..." He paused as he felt himself getting hot. "...what had happened between us?"

Carter felt like a sharp object had just pierced his skin. He was swept off his feet by anger and rage when he realized that Miguel and Christian had slept together. He clenched his fist, freeing his hand from Christian's grip. He wanted to slap but he knew that wasn't the time or the place. The guy had really suffered for weeks.

"No," He rasped. "But this has to do with Miguel and I?"

"What?" Christian gasped, his mouth gaping. "Why? Did..."

"He's my real brother, Christian!" He hollered, feeling really angry. "I just found out that my parents died long ago and Miguel is my blood brother."

Christian felt his heart race violently as he felt like someone had shot him in the chest. His eyes widened as his hands covered his mouth while he went down memory lane, remembering his passionate and lovely moments with both Carter and Miguel.

"Oh my God," He was beyond shocked. "That's... I swear, I didn't know."

Carter felt tears building in his eyes. "Miguel didn't know too. He only found out a few months back. But Gabino..." He paused, a tear going down his cheek. "...he told me that Miguel was raped and his family brutally murdered. But Miguel denied that and told me that..." He sobbed uncontrollably. "...that it's a lie and he doesn't give a fuck about what everyone thinks. He's ready to fight me just for you, Christian." He cried at the top of his voice, making Christian's eyes to water. "...you're his love and he can't ever let you go. Miguel is obsessed with you. I can never be with you because that would just be sick and disgusting."

He quickly turned and left Christian looking shocked, staring at the floor while Carter's words kept playing on his mind as if they were on repeat.

"Two brothers!" He muttered, looking like he'd seen a ghost.

Carter was running out of the station, feeling like he had left his heart behind with Christian. It was really so hard and he wanted to go back. But Miguel, oh God, he didn't wanna do anything that involved him and Christian kept on going back to him. It was really painful.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't even see where he was going. The next thing he felt was bumping into someone really hard.

"Oh God, I am sorry." He looked up and saw Ruth staring at him with pity in her eyes.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" She asked, resting her hand on his shoulder. "You don't deserve to feel sad all the time." She smiled brightly. "I know that my son can be a pain at times but get back with him. You're the right person that should be in his life not that snob, Miguel or whatever he calls himself." She glowered, not even knowing the war going on in Carter's heart.

"It's really more complicated than that, Ruth!" Carter said in a weak voice.

"What's complicated? I know you love my son and he loves you too." She smiled brightly. "I'd love for you to be my son in law, in fact, I am willing to fight for that. Christian loves you a lot. I know don Miguel has him under his spell. You can make my son forget about him. You're very different from Miguel because you're pure. Although that boy is really young, he loves to toy with men and manipulate them. Right now, he's using my son."

"I... I don't wanna talk about him." Carter said harshly. "Please..."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds