Letting It Go

Two years later, I received the last from her of a series of letters we had exchanged.

October 9, 1976

Dear Joey,

I must let you know of the latest happening in my life. It is a very wonderful one for me and I trust in your happiness in knowing it. You remember my writing you about Robert, who I've been seeing these last few months. We are getting married in December! He is everything I dreamed of in the man who I would settle down with. I am so happy and so busy planning, as is he.

I have to tell you that when I asked myself what I wished in a life partner, I always came back to the thought that I wanted someone like you. I will always remember your kindness to me when we met and your forgiveness for the silly stunt I pulled on you that night. I will remember also all the wonderful times we shared. You are in my thoughts always.

I hope to still be able to write to you occasionally, but please forgive me if there is a hiatus. Life is getting busy now!

Take care my dear,

Your

Ida

Enclosed was the invitation.

I replied:

October 15, 1976

Dear Ida,

My warmest congratulations on your marriage! You deserve all the happiness in the world, and your happiness is mine also.

I would have loved to attend your wedding so much, but as it happens it's the same day as my graduation! I am sending you and Robert my gift under separate cover, with my best wishes.

Now that I'm finishing up here and preparing to get out into the world, as you put it, I know that what you said to me that day in the park, about living in the here and now, has made all the difference to me. I realized that I had built up a barrier against seeing the possibilities that were right in front of me. I almost missed you, as you said, and looking back, that would have been a terrible mistake. I took that lesson to heart, and it has served me well. For that and so much more, you have a place in my heart forever.

Yours always,

Joey

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • First Time
  • /
  • Letting It Go
  • /
  • Page ⁨4⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 149 milliseconds