Love on a Desert Island

As the ship cleared the headland I could see massive waves smashing into her. The wind was now like a gale, the ship could not sail into it and it was being pushed sideways but to what still seemed like open water.

Soon she would be hidden by the headland out of my sight. Then I saw her rise up as if lifted by a hidden hand, even with the wind and distance, I still heard the mighty crash of breaking timbers as she crashed back down. The ship lifted once more, then she was leaning over for a brief moment before with a lurch, the ship turned right over. It seemed only seconds before she was gone, not a sign of her remained. Even with my little knowledge of the sea, I knew she had hit rocks hidden beneath the surface.

I was alone with my grief, I cried and cried, sobbing until I had nothing left, then I crawled back to the trees to escape from both the wind and the rain that was now pouring.

The storm lasted two days, during which time I shivered, seeking shelter where I could, until at last, the sun broke through the clouds and the winds went away. At the beach, waves still lashed onto the sands. The beach was littered with all manner of things washed up from the sunken ship. Instinct told me to gather whatever I found, I soon had several piles well clear of the water.

Then I noticed the bodies, a little further along. The first was Mrs Peterson, one of the other passengers, then I found my mother and father, strangely lying side by side on the sand at the water's edge. The water had cleaned the blood away and somehow in death, they looked peaceful, it helped me through my grief.

...

Here, I stopped my story, the memory too vivid in my mind, I had only been ten when I buried my parents. Again she held me as I wept uncontrollably before she led me to my bed, covering me with my blanket. Her hands stroking my hair as I let the years of hidden grief come pouring out.

When I woke, I found her fast asleep, lying on the floor beside my bed, she still had hold of my hand. Quietly, I rose, trying not to wake her but as I lay her arm across her body, I saw the dried salt on her skin and clothes.

I heated water before softly bathing her arms. She must have been exhausted because she never stirred until I washed her face. Her eyes sprung open in alarm before she realised it was me and that I was washing her. As she sat up, her clothes creaked with their stiffness, she didn't object as I struggled to unfasten the buttons of her dress.

I lowered it off her shoulders then took my cloth to her neck, lifting her hair as I washed. The two thin straps that held her slip up fell down her arms and it dropped to her waist, I washed her back. For the first time in my life, I found myself marvelling at another's body, no wonder really, she was beautiful and her skin was so soft.

I finished her back and without thought, I moved around to her front as I rinsed the cloth. When I raised my eyes I froze, her breasts were there, right in front of my eyes, they were larger than my own but still firm and erect. I jerked myself back and tentatively reached out with my cloth before continuing to wash her. I saw her nipples stiffen and grow as washed them, I wondered what had caused it, it wasn't cold.

I motioned for her to stand then eased her stiff clothes to the floor, my washing had got slower as I studied her, for some reason, my eyes kept going back to the two flaps between her legs. I felt her tremble as my cloth rinsed them free of salt, again I wondered why.

I worked down the front of both legs, then pushed her around to face away from me again. As I washed back up, I saw her legs spread wider apart when I neared her backside. I could see the salt caked in the crack of her cheeks. With fresh water I rinsed her, I saw her little private hole as I worked down, soaking the salt away, then I was underneath between her legs with my cloth. My face was close to her backside, I was shocked when I had a sudden urge to kiss her there.

In confusion, I hastily stood. I placed the bowl on the table before gently pushing her to lean her head down so I could rinse her hair.

Once again I was staring at her hanging breasts as they swayed from side to side. I could now feel a strange sensation running through my body. My nipples were hard and erect, dragging on my clothes, there was a tingle between my legs that I had only ever noticed once before when I had watched two of my furry friends mating in the forest.

I carried the bowl away, trying to hide the growing flush I could feel on my face. I didn't understand my feelings, I felt ashamed, shocked even and yet I knew deep inside, that I had got excited looking at her body, especially her private places.

I went and sat outside, the cool night air easing me back to normality. I had no sexual experience, not even a sexual thought in my life, with a jolt, I knew that's what I was experiencing. My body was responding to this woman, why? Was it because my body had reached an age of wanting sex and Elizabeth just happened to be the only person available? Or was it actually her that I was attracted to? All I knew, was that the question and answer were beyond me, I simply didn't have the experience that a normal life may have given me.

When I went back inside, she was curled on my bed, fast asleep with her backside facing me. I sat in my chair, not wanting to look but unable to drag my eyes away. The tingle was back between my legs, almost without thought, I had pulled my short skirt to my hips before my fingers traced over my slit beneath my mound of hair, with a start, I realised I was soaking, liquid was seeping out of me. It smelled strange when I sniffed at my fingers but I liked it, seemed to make shiver.

My fingers went back to my slit and for the first time in my life I caressed my emerging lips, the touch felt nice. I wasn't really aware when a finger slipped between the folds of flesh until I felt the warmth, strange feelings now surged through me. I pushed my finger deeper, exploring new territory, searching for the source of the tingle that had now become so intense. I almost jerked up from my chair when my finger found a small lump at the top of my lips. I knew instantly that I had found what I was seeking, I felt it, then caressed it between my fingers and it grew larger as a fire began to build. I had no idea what was happening to me but it did feel good.

My eyes were riveted to the two mounds of her backside, the little hole that I could see and the squashed lips between her legs. My body was consumed, something was happening, I was in heaven. I bit my lips with my teeth so as to prevent myself from moaning out loud, then my whole body shook as instinct caused me to frantically rub at the button.

Slowly, I calmed, my body relaxing, although my legs still trembled. My mind was in a whirl, I didn't understand what had just happened but I knew it was the most intense and beautiful thing I had ever experienced. Somehow, I knew that I had just grown up.

In the morning I made breakfast, while Elizabeth dressed in her now washed and dried clothes that I had left by the bed.

Her face was still creased with anxiety but her skin had recovered its colour. She looked more relaxed.

For some reason, I found that I couldn't look at her directly, I was flustered and unsure and I dare not look her in the eye. When I stole hidden glances I felt the tingle beginning to build once more.

When we had cleared away, she asked me if I would continue with my story, I needed a distraction from my thoughts, so relieved, I continued.

...

For several days, I dragged timbers, ropes, chests, bits of furniture from the water, even a cooking pot floated ashore. Two sails were the hardest to drag from the water, one took me several days, I only managed by getting a bit at a time onto the hot sand, pegging it down until it dried and then pulling more from the water.

I ached from head to toe but as the days went by, I felt my muscles hardening, my strength building. Food had not yet become an issue, there was plenty of fruit about, coconuts by the hundred, some type of banana that I couldn't eat raw but they were okay baked over a fire. There were other exotic looking fruits that I wasn't prepared to risk eating just yet.

When I had pulled the last of the sail ashore, I found a number of fish caught up in the folds, one or two looked quite nasty, with vicious spines and large snapping teeth, these I let go. But others looked like what I thought of as normal fish and these I found to be delicious once I got the hang of how to cook them right.

At first, I built a shelter close to the beach, just within the tree line. Piles of everything I had salvaged were covered with a canvas sail.

I had been there about a week, already I was losing track of the days. I sat one evening to ponder on my situation. I had seen no signs to indicate that there might be other people on the island but that didn't mean there weren't. I had no idea how large the island was, so far I had only seen my bay and out to the nearest headland by the entrance. Beyond the headland, I could see a sandy tree-lined beach that seemed to go on forever.

I found a tree that looked easy to climb and indeed, so it proved. Soon, I was at the top of the tree, I had picked a good one as it was taller than most. There was only a canopy of leaves to my left and right, stretching as far as I could see into the distance. Inland there were a number of mountains, mostly quite small but there was one that dwarfed the others. The nearest I judged to be only two or three miles away, the trees appeared to stop a short way up its sides, I guessed that it was from the mountains that my freshwater stream originated.

I decided that I needed to climb, at least the nearest mountain, in case I might see any signs of habitation. The next day I set off, following the course of my stream. It seemed the easiest way of getting through the forest without getting lost.

I carried water, food, my dagger and sword. I had only gone a fairly short distance when I came to a small lake that had formed in a natural hollow. It was fed by a waterfall, perhaps twenty or thirty feet high and maybe twenty feet across, there was another stream leaving the lake besides my own. The lake water was crystal clear, a few tiny fish darting here and there.

I made my way around the water's edge until I came to a clear patch of sandy soil. There were quite a number of animal footprints, two or three different types. Most were quite small but I did see two sets that were large enough to indicate some sort of heavy or bigger animal.

Near the waterfall, I climbed a fairly steep hill which brought me to a grassy flat area, this was split by a wide but shallow river which cascaded over the edge to the lake below.

The trees began again only a few yards back, these were massive trees, their huge trunks further apart so that it was easier to walk below them. However, it was so dense above that it was almost dark where I stood. Where the first leaved branches began above me, I could see no higher.

It was an enchanting place. From above, the sun shining on the lake's surface created a mirror effect, then there was enough of a pleasant grassy area, backed by the trees. This was where I would build my camp.

I snapped myself away from gazing at my surroundings, for now, I needed to keep going. I hadn't got very far when I heard a lot of grunting noises that seemed to come from just ahead of me. I crept forward, trying to keep the large trees between me and the noise. Then something was crashing through the undergrowth behind me, coming straight for me.

Desperately, I scrambled for the lowest branch of the tree I was stood by but I was too late, I saw this huge thing charging at me, it's large curled tusks gleaming. It squealed loudly as it neared, I was rooted to the spot in fear. At the last second, I moved, I jumped to the side of the tree, my sword swing wildly. The stupid animal had been so intent on me that it hadn't seen the tree until I moved, it crashed headfirst into the tree, it didn't fall, just staggered about. Now though, it was again looking for me.

I threw my sword, I don't know why, it was just a reaction. It struck the animal in the neck, I doubt that it actually did much damage but its foreleg caught in the sword's guard and it went tumbling, it lay still where it fell. The animal's momentum had driven the blade up through its head and it was quite dead.

It appeared to be some kind of black hairy pig, I knew there wouldn't have been much left of me had it hit me. The was no longer any grunting noises ahead, they had gone. I retrieved my sword with some difficulty, wiping the blood off on its hairy body, then with still shaking legs, I continued on my way.

I followed the river for about another two miles. Suddenly I was back in daylight, the ground rising quite steeply in front of me. I paused, taking a drink, while I considered my best route up.

It was a hard climb, not so much for its difficulty but more that I wasn't used to continuous climbing. I rested a number of times, taking the opportunity to look back towards the sea. I could see my bay, it looked to be much closer than for the time it had taken me to get to this point.

Finally, I was at the summit and now I saw the full extent of my island, all except one area hidden behind the larger mountain. It looked to be about five or six miles wide and somewhere between ten or twelve miles long. My bay was almost exactly midway along its length. As hard as I looked, there was no sign whatsoever of there being anyone else besides myself, no smoke, no buildings and no cleared land.

The larger of the mountains was clearly an extinct volcano, at least I hoped it was extinct. Its peak looked lopsided, the side nearest to me was the collapsed rim of a huge crater. Briefly, I thought of continuing my exploration by trekking to the crater but I quickly realised that it would be dark long before I got there. I decided instead, to look for somewhere nearer to hand where I could spend the night.

I descended from my peak by a different route, curiosity, nothing more. The side got steeper, now bare rock not grass and the going got more difficult. I realised that I had made a mistake, if I retraced my steps it would be dark before I reached a safe place to stop. If I pressed on, I could end up in trouble, with nowhere to go in the dark. I had little choice but to gamble on what I might find ahead.

It was a little later when, by accident I found the cave, I had paused to catch my breath, now quite worried by the rapidly fading light. The boulder I leant against moved, first just a couple of inches. I jumped away and it moved several more inches, I heard a cracking noise coming from below, then suddenly, the boulder as if with a mind of its own, slowly rocked before small rocks beneath it shattered and it was rolling, knocking me aside as it disappeared down the cliff.

For several minutes I sat shaking with fright at my near miss, then carefully I got to my feet. My side and an arm hurt where I had been struck but otherwise, I seemed okay. I saw the cave entrance that the boulder had been blocking from view, it was pitch black inside, so I dare not enter any further than just inside the entrance. Exhausted, I settled down and almost immediately I was asleep.

...

It seemed like a good point to break from the telling of my exploration, although Elizabeth begged me to go on but I insisted, I was both hungry and tired, I had sat in a chair all night while she had slept in my bed, I explained to her.

"There's plenty of room in the bed, you could have shared it with me," she said.

I felt myself flush at the thought of her naked body being next to me, I couldn't look at her, "I didn't want to disturb you, you needed the rest," I managed quietly.

I jumped as she took my hand, "Oh you poor thing, you're shy, I'm sorry, I didn't realise."

I could feel my face, red and hot as her hand softly rubbed my arm. Then she leaned and her lips kissed my cheek. The shock that went through me was like a bolt of lightning, involuntarily I cringed away, snatching my arm free. When I looked at her, she had a hurt look on her face, her lips trembled, she was close to tears.

I looked away, until finally, I mumbled, "It's not you Elizabeth and I don't think I'm shy, it's me, I can't stop looking at you without wrong thoughts, with dirty thoughts going through my mind. I don't understand what's happening to me, I'm frightened."

She sat watching me for a while, considering how to answer me I thought. Instead, she again took my hand, "Come here, let me hold you." Her arms wrapped around me, my head nestled on her shoulder and she held me tight. She kissed the top of my head while gently rocking me from side to side. I could feel my nipples stiffening at the feel of her breasts against mine.

I heard her saying, "You're just confused Laura, you've been alone for such a long time, that's all it is."

I lifted my head, staring into her eyes, her lips so close to mine. I had never been kissed on the lips, I'd certainly never before had the inclination to kiss anyone. Now I wanted her lips, I craved to feel them on mine, I could feel my blood pounding and I lost all control.

My hand went behind her head and I roughly pulled her to me, my lips ground into hers. I had no idea how to kiss, it wasn't at all subtle, it was a need that I couldn't resist. Her eyes were wide with shock, her arms and shoulders leaning away from me as she struggled to break my grip.

I broke the kiss but still held her to me, "I'm sorry Elizabeth, I didn't mean to be so rough, I don't know what I'm doing, please will you kiss me and hold me again." Tears rolled down my cheeks as I beseeched her.

Her hands came back to my waist as I felt her relax, my heart soared only to be shattered by her words, "Laura, I've never kissed a girl, nor ever wanted to, I'm engaged to be married, that's where the ship was taking me, to my fiance."

With a sob, I jumped to the ladder, burning my hands as I slid down and then blindly I ran into the forest. Branches slashed at my face, thorns ripped my flesh in my headlong charge. It was the burning of salt the sea water in my wounds that shook me from my trauma, I was at the bay.

I turned, searching for my mother. The cross at the head of the pile of rocks guided me to her. For ages, I sat and cried and then for the first time since she had left me I spoke to her, "Mama, help me, tell me what to do, I love her, why doesn't she understand?"

I screamed when a voice whispered, "Perhaps I do." But it wasn't my mother, the voice was behind me. "I thought I might find you here at your bay, you scared me something silly." Her hand rested on my shoulder, I turned to look at her, "Oh my God! Your face, the blood, you're bleeding everywhere," she exclaimed with a look of horror. She cried when she noticed the blood dripping down my arms, puddling in the sand.

She helped me stand and pulled me to the original shelter that I had built when I first arrived on the island. I lay on the bare bed as she rushed off to the stream. Although she washed my wounds, most were too deep to stop the flow of blood.

"Cupboard, bedroom, home, bandages and cream." I gasped out between gritted teeth. The pain from the thorns was searing, I had been cut by them before, even one had hurt but hundreds of cuts at the same time was excruciating.

It was morning when I woke, Elizabeth was lying beside me with a blanket spread over us, her eyes were open, staring at my face. She smiled when I looked at her, a gentle touch as her lips feathered mine before fetching me a drink of water.

I felt much better, the worst of the pain gone. The thorns had something in them that burned when they cut you but they had never seemed poisonous. Now it was a case of keeping the wounds clean and free from infection.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds