Mike & Savy Ch. 03

We made our way across campus, with me steering us towards the front of the library. After a quick pat on Testudo's nose, we walked down the Mall and to the fountain. I sat down on the edge of the now-empty fountain and pulled Savy onto my lap. I looked at her and smiled, which she returned with that tremendous and stunning smile of hers. Since it was chilly, this late in November, I decided to get right to the point.

"You know, this is where you became my girlfriend."

"That was an awfully good night," she responded.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small box.

"I was really hoping, this would be the place where you agreed to become my wife, too."

I flipped open the box and pulled out a ring, a small diamond, set in white gold, flanked by two small rubies. The red and white of Maryland.

I took Savy's hand. She was trembling as I slid the ring onto her finger.

She looked me in the eye and pressed her forehead to mine.

"Yes, yes, yes. I love you."

I took her hand in mine and felt the ring I had just put on her finger, then we kissed.

"Let's go home."

Savy and I made our way back to the car, holding hands, with her body pressed right against me. Before long, we were on the road, heading for the Bay Bridge and back to the Eastern Shore, this time as a couple, having made a lifelong promise to each other.

We talked on the way home. We knew that mom would be uncomfortable. On the one hand, we'd grown up as brother and sister. That's an emotional relationship that can't be discounted. On the other hand, Savy was adopted. She was our family, but this wasn't that kind of relationship. We figured that whatever discomfort she had could be worked through.

A few hours later, we were turning into mom's driveway. The light above the porch was on and so was the light in the living room. As we pulled up to the house, mom came outside and waved at us. She was obviously happy that her babies were home.

We got out and both walked over to give her a hug.

"Oh, it's so good to have you both back."

I answered, "It's good to be back, mom. You know we're both Eastern Shore lovers at heart."

I grabbed the bags out of the car while Savy and mom chit-chatted and took them inside. Once we were all inside, we settled into the living room.

Mom started, "Tell me. How's school going? For both of you. And your job, Mike? I want to know everything."

Savy, sitting to my right, waited for me to answer mom.

"Well, it's all good, but I actually have some pretty big news to tell you."

"Oh, really?"

"I met a girl."

Mom's eyes brightened up. She'd been asking me for years if I were in a serious relationship and none had ever really been important enough to mention to her.

"Do tell!"

"Well, she's great. She's perfect, even. I really can't even describe it. I guess the only thing I can say is that... I asked her to marry me and she said yes."

Mom broke into a smile and her hands shot up in the air. "Oh my god, who is she?!?!"

I held out my hand. Savy took her hand out of her pocket and placed it in mine, with her engagement ring in full view.

What happened next was almost in slow motion. Mom's eyes went down and saw our hands and Savy's ring. Her face completely drained of all color. She brought her hand up to her mouth and we could barely make out what she gasped.

"Oh no."

End of Chapter 3.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 193 milliseconds