One Who Understands

Dan led them back to the car then drove to city hall. They went inside to the city planner's office and asked to see the documents for the new tower. The clerk asked them to take a seat.

Ed looked around the beige office space and silently thanked his lucky stars he got to work in more interesting environments. They sat waiting for a significant amount of time and Ed was seriously bored. Dan was becoming very impatient and went to speak to the clerk several times.

Dan was at the counter once more then a voice boomed out from the office doorway. "I should have known it would be you, Siegelman!"

The lawyer turned to face the voice. "Judge Rutledge, why am I not surprised you'd show up when I'm asking for documents for your building that should have been simple to produce but are seemingly missing?"

"Don't be a smart ass Siegelman! What are you up to?" growled the older man who pushed his way up to Dan. The Judge was short but broad shouldered and had probably been a strong man once but it was buried under a thick layer of fat now. Dan was a head taller than the man and better dressed as the judge's clothes looked slept in.

"Your monstrosity of a tower is having a detrimental impact on air flow in the neighborhood. There should be an environmental impact plan to indicate how this is being addressed," Dan insisted.

"That stuff is all managed by the developer. Maybe they misfiled the documents or it's in the process of being submitted. Who's saying the tower is having any effect?" Rutledge blustered. Dan turned to Ed who stood up and walked over to join them.

"Hello, I'm Ed Walters," Ed said with a smile and offered his hand to the Judge who looked at him like he'd discovered something nasty stuck to his shoe.

Ed pulled his hand back and just looked at the man in surprise. They'd never met before so why was he being so rude? His wife was so much nicer.

"Who the fuck is this? Are you trying to pull something here? Introduce a so called 'expert' to delay our project which I remind you has full support of the city councillors-"

"Most of whom are partners in the building project! A clear conflict of interest-" Dan barked back.

Ed backed away as the two men took turns accusing each other of serious breaches of ethics. He leaned back against the counter and felt something poke him in the elbow. He glanced back just in time to see the disappearing back of a woman with short brown hair as she slipped away between the aisles. He looked down at the counter and picked up the thick docket sitting there. Its label indicated the address of the tower in question. Ed turned to the counter and flipped open the docket. There were numerous papers filed for the building but once he'd made it all the way through to the back he realized the environmental impact study wasn't there. He went back to the beginning and looked at the page which listed the supplied documentation. There was a single entry on this page indicating 'Environmental Impact Study' with a hand scribbled note beside it saying 'passed'... which meant what? He took a picture of the page with his phone as he'd have to ask Mr. Drakos what this meant.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" boomed a loud voice behind him. A hand shot around his side and knocked the entire docket onto the floor behind the counter, papers flying everywhere.

Ed tucked his phone away and turned to see the angry man's red face. He still didn't understand why he was being so rude. "I was reading those papers before you knocked them on the floor."

Dan stepped up to the counter and looked over at the mess of papers on the floor. "Was that the documents we were after?"

"It wasn't in the docket," Ed told him.

Dan turned to smile at Ed. "Really? Isn't that interesting?"

"Siegelman, I'm going to give you some friendly advice. You said it yourself. There are a lot of powerful people involved in this little project. Walk away. You're in way over your head." The judge took in the confused expression on Ed's face. "And take the retard with you."

That hurt and Ed scowled at the fat man as he followed Dan from the office. They were silent until they were back in Dan's car in the basement. The man pounded on the steering wheel surprising Ed.

"God damn it! That fat bastard is right! We can't touch him." He sat silently in defeat for a bit then he looked at Ed. "What did you see in the docket?"

"All kinds of permits and plans but there was no Environmental Study inside. Only a reference to one in the table of contents with a note indicating 'passed' but I don't know what that means."

"Passed?" Dan perked up then slumped again as the document would likely be long gone now.

Ed pulled his phone out and showed Dan the picture. The man's eyes widened as he recognized the scribbled handwriting. "Can you send me that?" Ed nodded and sent it to the address Dan showed him.

"Very smart of you to get a picture of that page. Very helpful... if only we could get past the Judge." He sighed. "Let's get you back to your office." Ed nodded and they headed back.

When they arrived the lawyer dropped Ed at the door and went on his way. Ed found Mr. Drakos in his office. He explained how they were going to need baffles to control the wind because the tower was going to be an issue. His boss got on the phone to Mr. Klein and Ed went out to check with Lydia what his schedule looked like. He was helping the team on an installation for the next two days then he had one last home in the Silverton Heights neighborhood to do a first inspection on, the Rutledges.

Ed scowled but remembered how nice Victoria had been. He did his best to forget how rude her husband was. It wasn't easy but he tried.

-=-

Thursday at noon, Ed found himself driving the company van through the now familiar streets of the posh neighborhood. This time he was driving up to the top of the hill to a huge white mansion surrounded by perfectly manicured lawns, gardens, a tall stone privacy/security wall, and an intercom entry system. Ed reached out and touched his finger against the button. He heard a buzz then he waited.

"Hello?" Victoria's voice said from the speaker. She sounded a little breathless.

"Hi, Ed Walters from Drakos Heating and Cooling. I'm here to do the inspection."

"Edward! Come right up to the house!" she said with a smile in her voice.

The gate slowly opened and he drove up the long curving lane. He parked by the side door, grabbed his clipboard and walked around to the front door. He rang the bell and moments later the door opened.

Victoria stood in the hall with a brilliant white smile shining against her red lipstick. Once again he was impressed with how perfect and cultured her look was. Beautiful gold blond hair fell in waves over her shoulders. Her white silk blouse clung to the slim contours of her torso and accentuating her breasts which were not too modest and not too generous. Khaki capris drew attention to her shapely legs, the flare of her hips, and her toned ass. Small tan slippers adorned her feet to complete the outfit. It looked like she just stepped off the movie screen and he couldn't keep the smile from his lips. She certainly was pretty. He didn't understand how someone like her could be married to a man like the judge.

She saw his eyes quickly take in her ensemble and the smile slip onto his lips. She was hoping for something more. Some sign that he was captivated with her beauty, desperate for her. Something... like the look he gave Rachel.

"Come right in!" she said gesturing to the living room.

Ed glanced around and was very impressed with how clean and neat everything was. The furniture was antique but perfectly cared for. It reminded him... of a museum.

She led him over to a delicate sofa which forced them to sit closer together than he was entirely comfortable with.

"How are you feeling?" Victoria asked as she leaned forward.

"Much better thank you!" he said with a nod.

"What happened to you? If you don't mind me asking."

"Uh, no that's OK. I, uh... was drugged and chained up by some girls for a sorority swearing in ceremony. The drugs really messed me up for a while."

"Oh my god!" she exclaimed and placed her hand on his knee in sympathy.

Ed glanced at her hand but he wasn't getting excited as he knew she was married and she was just being nice.

"You were tortured?" she asked as she leaned forward just a little more.

"Uh... yes. I don't have any memory of it but I was told I was whipped with a riding crop. I still have marks on my skin but they're fading."

"That's terrible! Those wicked girls!" Victoria sounded angry but Ed noticed her eyes were wide, her hand was gripping his leg tightly, and her breathing was a little fast. When she licked her lips Ed decided they needed to change the topic.

"So, I usually start with inspecting your existing furnace and air conditioner and ask you questions regarding how effective they are during their seasons of operation."

Victoria leaned back slightly and blinked at Ed. He was showing no signs of being enthralled by her looks yet she felt like a giddy schoolgirl. She was so confused so she just nodded.

He stood up and she caught herself staring at the crotch of his pants. She dropped her eyes and blushed.

"Could you direct me to the furnace room?" he asked.

She forced a smile onto her face and looked up at him. He was holding his hand out to help her to her feet. She placed her hand in his and marvelled at his solidity. Nelson was so old and shaky these days. When he touched her at all that is.

"It's this way," she said as she walked from the room.

Ed's eyes slipped to her hips then down to her ass. He watched the play of the tight muscular orbs and was impressed at how fit she was.

She took a chance and glanced back catching him watching her ass sway. A thrill ran through her as she turned back and she found herself swaying her hips a little more than she normally would. God! She felt so slutty and that was strangely empowering. He was finally beginning to show signs of his desire for her. She now knew what it took to make Ed respond. She could play that game. She could beat Rachel at it she was sure.

It was Ed's turn to blush. He knew better but he'd allowed himself to admire the view and she caught him. He felt like he should apologize but when she began to exaggerate her hip sway it looked so odd on her he couldn't say anything.

Victoria's nipples were very hard as tingles radiated from her pussy. She had a wicked thought. She was going to remove her bra so he could see her excitement pressing against the thin fabric of her silk blouse. Just the idea made her so wet. She was such a wanton slut!

They went down to the basement and as they passed the media room with its large comfortable couches Victoria fantasized about dragging him in and tearing his clothes off. She turned the corner and was so distracted that she almost passed the door to the utilities room.

"Ah, sorry. Here it is," she said as she spun back to point at the door.

Ed was following too closely, stumbled to a stop and bumped into her, chest to chest. He stepped back quickly and nodded to her in apology. He opened the door and ducked inside.

Victoria was reeling from the burst of tingles she'd had from her nipples when they squeezed against his broad chest. She slipped away back to the media room and stepped inside. Quickly, she took off her silk shirt. Next came the bra and she gave her tits a quick squeeze and tugged at her stiff, pink buds. The sensation cascaded through her body and a moan slipped free before she bit her lip to contain it. She put her shirt back on quickly as she heard Ed calling for her.

The bra got tucked behind a cushion then she walked back out into the hall. Even though she was still fully dressed she felt like she was parading herself naked before him. Her tits swayed freely and her blouse did nothing to hide her 'pokeys' as she'd heard her daughter's call them. The cool fabric teased the sensitive flesh deliciously!

She rounded the corner and he stood in the doorway of the utility room.

"Ah there you ahhh..." Ed began before he lost his train of thought. Her nipples, he swore he couldn't see them before but now there they were... very prominently displayed. He felt a familiar twinge of his own and twisted his head to look back in the utility room.

"The uh, the furnace. It- I mean- is it hot? Does it make you hot? Does it heat the house properly?" Ed crashed through his questions, his face getting redder and redder. He felt like such an ass!

This! This was... almost what she was after! He was tongue tied and... yes, getting excited. Mmmm that looked very promising! She just needed him to act!

"The furnace? Yes, it makes me very hot!" she said with a wicked smile.

"And- and the air conditioner? Is- does it cool properly, all your areas" eyes flashed to nipples "-the ROOMS. Do all the rooms receive proper cooling?" he finished with a gasp, clearly affected by her now.

She smiled to herself and felt her nipples grow even stiffer. "Yes, it can get very chilly in the house!" She wrapped her arms around herself under her tits as if she were cold and squeezed, forcing her breasts up and forward.

Ed looked like a dear caught in her high beams. He swallowed and tried to look away but he was mesmerized. She moved closer and he stepped back automatically, thumping his shoulder against the doorway. That seemed to bring him back to his senses and he mumbled something about needing his tools and stepped around her to scurry upstairs.

Victoria pouted. She obviously had him interested but why wouldn't he act? He wasn't gay as he was clearly becoming excited. Her self-doubt reared its ugly head. Maybe he didn't find her attractive? His smile from before, was it admiring... or was it amused? Her excitement suddenly plummeted. Maybe she was making a fool out of herself as he thought she was too old. He obviously liked Rachel but she had those enormous breasts she was always flaunting.

She heard a noise and saw Ed coming back towards her holding a large toolbox in front of himself. Her insecurity flared and she stepped forward to block his way.

"Edward? Do you think I'm ugly? Old?" Once the words were out of her mouth she felt enormously foolish. Like the ugly duckling she'd been all the way through her school years until college when she'd blossomed. All those years of insecurities came rushing back to her. Tears sprung to her eyes and she tried to run past him.

Ed set the toolbox down beside him and reached out to block Victoria from running away. He saw tears in her eyes and he was sure it was somehow from his disrespectful behavior earlier.

"No! I think you're beautiful! I've always been amazed at how much you look like a classic Hollywood movie star!" Ed insisted.

In her state Victoria latched onto the word 'classic' and took it to mean 'old'. "So you do think I'm old!"

Ed pulled back in surprise. "No! I- I can't tell how old you are! It's just your style is from one of those classic movies. Very glamorous and sophisticated!" he said struggling with his words. She was still upset and he wasn't sure how to deal with this. Rachel would know but he didn't think Victoria would appreciate him calling her now.

Her hazel eyes looked up at him through the tears pooling in her long lashes and her voice reverted to her schoolgirl timidity.

"If you think I'm beautiful, why haven't you tried to kiss me?"

Ed's eyes went wide in shock. "Buh- because you're married!" he blurted.

She blinked in surprise.

Ed was completely flustered. "I'd never do anything to ruin a marriage! You're married to Judge Rutledge and you have two daughters! I'm not going to destroy your happiness just because I think you're really pretty and wondered what it might be like to kiss you!"

Once more Victoria only heard the words she wanted to hear. "You want to kiss me?"

Ed was shaking. That wasn't what he said, was it? She was making him so damn nervous because she wasn't hearing him! "Yes- but I CAN'T because you're MARRIED!" he said slowly and carefully, hoping to end the conversation quickly.

Victoria had her answer. She stepped back and watched as he gave her a relieved smile and got his tool box.

He made his way into the utilities room and got to work. He heard her moving away further down the hallway so he turned his mind to the job at hand.

Victoria went upstairs and sat in the living room to think. She wanted Ed. Ed wouldn't accept her while she was married. Her marriage was miserably unfulfilling but safe and provided for her girls. She'd resigned herself to living within his trap until the girls were out of the house but she wanted to escape so badly.

She'd taken a lover once but Nelson found out. He'd had the poor man beaten and run out of town. He'd shown her the pictures of his bruised and bloodied body. Years later she'd flirted with another man and Nelson had threatened to show her the pictures again as a reminder.

She thought about her husband and his lack of trust. He hated everyone and was driven by his greed these days. He wouldn't keep those pictures... or the video he'd taken of his and Victoria's 'sex play', outside of the house. This was his domain. He had total control here. There had to be a place in the house he kept these items. If she could find them maybe she could find something even more incriminating she could use to blackmail him for her freedom while maintaining her lifestyle.

She quickly rushed up to the master bedroom and did a quick search. The door to Nelson's walk in closet wouldn't open and she saw it had a lock. She'd never noticed before and she wondered why. The door seemed far sturdier than her closet door as well. Visually it matched but his door didn't rattle like hers did.

She knew he'd have the key on his ring of keys with him.

Victoria thumped her fist on the door in frustration. She needed inside but she didn't have the strength to open the door.

A slow smile slipped across her face and she headed back downstairs to the utilities room. She saw Ed putting his tools carefully back in the toolbox.

"Ed? Do you have one of those metal bars for opening stuck doors?" she asked in a sweet voice.

He looked at her with a smile, grateful she wasn't still after him to kiss her.

"Yeah, I have one in my truck."

"Could I ask you to help me open my stubborn closet door? It's stuck."

"Sure but maybe a crow bar is a little too strong for a closet door. It would likely damage it and the door frame. Maybe I could just try to see why it's stuck and work it free," he suggested.

She looked at him with frustration. "I don't care if the door gets damaged. I'm... going to replace the doors anyway. Please get the... did you call it a crow bar?"

"Sure... ok." Ed pickup his tools and went out to his truck. He put the case in the back then got the metal bar from the passenger's seat. He carried it inside and met Victoria who smiled when she saw the heavy tool.

She turned and led him upstairs to the master bedroom.

Once more Ed was impressed by the exquisite décor. When she pointed to the door in question he took in the beautiful woodwork and looked back at her questioningly. She just pointed at the door. He gripped the handle and it wouldn't turn.

"It's locked. Do you have a key?"

"I don't have a key."

"Uh..."

"Edward. Is this my house?"

He blinked at her. "Yes."

"Then please do as I ask and open that door. I'm aware it will get damaged. I. Don't. Care."

Ed nodded and gestured for her to stand back. She grinned excitedly. Now that Ed knew what she needed he slammed the end of the bar into the gap beside the lock with a loud thunk. Victoria squeaked then gave him an embarrassed smile.

He tested the door and found it was actually a metal door with wood cladding. Serious stuff. He looked at her. "Just to warn you, this is going to be really loud."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 10 milliseconds