The Bird Returns Ch. 01

Just then, Kim and Consuela burst into the room. They were practically jumping up and down. Kim exclaimed, "It looks good, Carla. We talked with the owner and she said that she wants to sell due to family problems. When we checked, that seemed to be true. Most of her employees are willing to stay and their clients will probably stay as well. There is room next to her salon to put in the day spa. The location is right on the Strip, close to the big hotels. The name is Luxe Salon. We made some calls and it has a good reputation. She wants $750,000, but will take a note for $250,000, so we only need to come up with $500,000. And, she wants to do it now. She is anxious to get back to her family. This is exciting."

Carla said, "Kim, if all of this is true, why is there not a line of potential buyers for her salon?"

Consuela answered, "She is my friend and she told me first and she just told me yesterday, so no one else knows about it. And she will not go behind our backs if we can give her a firm commitment by this evening."

"She is aware that today is Sunday so no money will change hands today? And I want to make a phone call." Carla called the concierge and asked, "Are you familiar with Luxe Salon?"

The concierge said, "Yes, of course. They are one of the best beauty salons in Vegas. We send a lot of our guests there."

"Do they pay you or the hotel for your recommendations?"

"They give our employees 40% off their beauty treatments, but there is no other arrangement."

"Do you have any such arrangements with other salons?"

"None at the present time, but I understand there are some salons making overtures to our management."

"Thank you," said Carla. She turned to Kim and Consuela, "Apparently, the concept of referrals is new to Vegas, but not for long. You will have to work hard to get hotels signed up and make sure that if you are not exclusive, at least no one else is either. Kim, can you step in the bedroom with me?"

Kim and Carla went into the bedroom. "Where are you going to live, Kim? Can you stay with Consuela?"

"We talked about that and she said she lives alone. When I went to her school out here, we were lovers, so I guess she likes me."

"OK, Kim. I am going to give you an unsecured personal loan for $600,000. You will receive the money tomorrow. I will transfer $500,000 to the owner (remember to call me with the routing numbers as soon as you know them) and $100,000 to your account back home(remember to give me the account number and bank name). When you move the funds from there, it will be included. I'm sure that there will be additional capital needs to build the spa and just to handle the takeover. I will have an additional $250,000 available for you, contingent on seeing a properly prepared business plan.

"Unless Consuela puts up money of her own, you will be the owner and Consuela will be an employee. If that pisses her off, she would not be a good partner for you. You must make sure that the salon makes enough money to pay off the owner's note and your investment and still has enough to pay the employees. We are not getting the normal amount of information we should be getting, but we are getting in on the ground floor.

"So, talk with Consuela. If she understands who is putting up the money - you are - and has no problem with you owning the business and will be a loyal and valued employee for you, then you can make the commitment to the owner tonight. You can set some benchmarks and if Consuela and the business meet them you can give Consuela some smaller part of the business later. Also, because Consuela is so important to your success, it will be better if you do not let her out of your sight. If she will let you into her bed, then you should go there tonight. I will miss you, but I am still messing with Aunty Jo and you have the opportunity of your young life right here in front of you. So talk with Consuela and make it happen. We will be her for three more weeks, so I will come in for a do before we leave and I expect you will let me know how things are going."

"Carla, I cannot thank you enough. I love you and I wouldn't trade our time together for anything. I will go talk to Consuela."

Consuela was copacetic with all of Kim's suggestions, especially the part about sharing a bed. Kim gathered her things and left with Consuela.

Continued in Chapter 2.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 26 milliseconds