The Bonding Chronicles Ch. 12

Bruce's shock turned to suspicion, as he squinted and studied Andrew's face. It only took a few seconds for the large man's brown eyes to soften, and for a grin to spread across his broad face. "You're one weird and amazing little dude."

Andrew flashed his broadest smile and agreed, "The weirdest."

The two men laughed for a minute, the tension of the moment broken, allowing Bruce to find his way back to the excitement he had when Andrew entered.

"Do you have any idea what you did to Will?"

The question took Andrew by surprise. He thought back to his previous conversation with Seth, when he had discovered just what Will had done to his father. Andrew had always thought that no one knew about Will's involvement in whatever fate had befallen his father, but as he looked into Bruce's eager eyes, he realized he was probably wrong.

"Seth said that Will's dad was hospitalized, and that the S.O.B. admitted to abusing his family."

Bruce smiled, realizing that Andrew knew more than he had expected. "So get this," the large man began, anticipation for what was to come shining in his eyes, "the police questioned Will, thinkin' that his father's broken leg was no accident, but Will never admitted to nothin'. His ma' and pops would only say it was an accident, and that the bastard fell down the stairs."

Andrew turned his head to the side as he considered what he was hearing. "Okay, so he fell down the stairs. So what?"

Despite Andrew's words, it was clear that he didn't believe that version of events, and Bruce was eager to get to the good part.

"Ant and Tony went and hung with Will last night, and after he told them that story, they called bullshit. I guess it didn't take long for him to confess to what he'd done."

After he finished that part of his story, Bruce began to study Andrew's face, and the small man knew he was looking for a reaction. Andrew tried to feign shock, but he could tell that Bruce wasn't buying it.

"So... they kept at him, trying to figure out why Will would give his old man a beating now, when he could have done it so long ago, and you will never believe what he said!"

Andrew was trying to decide if he should pretend not to know, but he knew that Bruce was not stupid, and that the large man was already suspicious.

"Because of what I said at the end of that fight?"

Bruce stepped back and shook his head. "Who the fuck are you, Andrew?"

Andrew smiled and turned his head while squinting his eyes in confusion.

After a moment Bruce tried again, "Seriously, this shit don't make sense. Last week you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag, and then Monday rolls around and you be dodging punches like a fuckin' pro." He studied Andrew's smiling face, annoyed at the lack of reaction from the small man. "I saw how Will laid that beat down. If I had taken those hits I probably wouldn't have gotten up, but you — shit, an hour later, and you're dancing around this fuckin' place."

He tried to hold himself back, he really did, but Andrew was unable to keep from laughing. The annoyance that spread across Bruce's stern grimace only fueled Andrew's humor. Andrew knew that Bruce was smarter than everyone gave him credit for, but the fact that he was the one to first realize how strange things were, was surprising. He had found himself wondering, and often fearing, who would piece things together.

Andrew shook his head and said, "Man, that is awesome for Will. Honestly, I'm happy for him. I know that those hits looked rough, and they did hurt, but they were not nearly as hard as they appeared. He was upset, and while it was happening, it seemed like he was flailing against me, not wanting to believe what I had said.

"Like you said, you were there, and you saw everything. Once you guys pulled him off of me, he crumbled when Karen reminded him of what his mother would think of his actions. He knew what I said was true, and I hated to have to be the one to tell him that, but if it got him out of that situation, then I'm happy."

Bruce huffed, his exhale a manifestation of his suspicion of Andrew's statement. Everything the small man said made sense, and pieced together a lot of what had happened. The thing that he could not shake was his suspicion that those hits Andrew had received were brutal, and thinking back to Andrew's twisted face of anguish, he knew that Andrew was lying.

Andrew watched Bruce closely, trying to gauge whether he needed to come up with another story or angle on those events that might shift Bruce's suspicion. It came as a shock when Bruce pulled back his shoulder, his large fist flashing out with surprising speed towards Andrew's head.

His nights of training kicked in, and Andrew didn't even think about his reaction. He stepped to the side of the tall man's punch, placing himself to Bruce's left, where the massive man would have no avenue of attack. Andrew was able to pull back the punch he instinctively threw, just before his right fist could make contact with Bruce's exposed left abdomen.

While Bruce was fast, Mr. Spencer and Sara were much faster, and his training with those two had helped Andrew's reaction time more than he knew. The large man's punch had seemed obvious to Andrew, and Bruce shared in his surprise at the ease with which Andrew avoided and reacted to the unexpected attack.

Bruce gripped his side where Andrew's strike had been intended, realizing that the punch had never landed. The large man backed away from Andrew, his surprise clouded by fear as he tried to understand what just happened.

Andrew dropped his rucksack on the floor, the almost-empty bag hitting the tiles with a soft thud.

"Listen, Bruce, I honestly have no idea what is going on with me. My parents started teaching me to fight after Will attacked me that first time, and a friend has been teaching me since my folks left on assignment. I learned how to block and avoid attacks before that second fight, but have just started learning how to attack since then."

He could see Bruce trying to decide what to believe. While the large man considered, Andrew continued, "You know how smart I am. Well, I guess that has applied to fighting too. I have been learning things super fast, and Sara has really been pushing me to get into shape."

Bruce brightened a bit at the mention of Sara, and Andrew recognized his avenue of attack.

"You used to hang out with Sara, and know how she is. When we are not studying, we are chasing each other through the woods, or play-fighting. I love that woman a lot, but she is an intense training partner."

Andrew shared a smile with Bruce, sensing that the large man was starting to see a path through his confusion. "I don't know what I would have done without you and Steve those first couple of days. Once I learned that you all used to be friends with Sara, I began to understand why you helped me. She's amazing, and anyone that could be friends with her would have to be equally cool. Even Zack, I guess."

The playful grin that ended Andrew's statement forced Bruce to laugh. Steve, Zack, and Bruce had realized a long time ago that Sara was special. They knew that she was stronger than any of them, faster than they would ever be, and had an amazing and wild spirit. She never hid her feelings, wearing them on her sleeve, which had often caused tempers to flare, but always ensured that they knew how she felt.

They had made sure that no one suspected how special she was, knowing that she was unique and needed them for that. Bruce smiled at the realization that even when their friendship ended, they had all kept her secret, protecting her, and now, she had found someone as special as she was, to share her life with.

"Listen, Andrew. I know what I saw, and don't think for a second that you can fool me with that bullshit story about Will flailing like a little girl when he was laying that beating down."

The alarm that flashed across Andrew's face confirmed Bruce's belief, and drove him to continue, "You have changed a lot, and whether that is from Sara, or something else, I don't care." He considered what Andrew had done, and knew that the small man seemed to always be looking out for those around him. "Just don't lose sight of who you are as things change, or we might have a problem."

Andrew looked at Bruce with stunned disbelief. The insight from the large man was a welcome, if unexpected relief. After a moment, Andrew tipped his head back and laughed.

"What?" Bruce asked, his temper rising a bit at Andrew's dismissive behavior.

Andrew waved his hand towards Bruce's annoyed glower, and composed himself before saying, "Why the hell don't you talk like this all the time?"

Bruce shook his head and fought back a smile. He grabbed his bag, and headed towards the door while grumbling to himself, "Fuckin' white people."

"Bruce, wait," Andrew pleaded, pleased to see the man stop before he got to the door. "About Dr. Blake — if he asks you something you don't know, just admit that. Don't let him get you spinning your wheels trying to give him an answer."

Bruce turned, staring at Andrew. "Why would I give that bastard that satisfaction?"

Andrew shook his head, realizing that Bruce had no idea what was motivating the teacher. "You trying to answer is what is giving him satisfaction. He knows that your pride will keep you guessing, and he is using that to wrap you up in your own confusion."

He watched as the large man considered his words, giving him a moment before he continued, "Trust me Bruce: if you want him to stop, you've got to stop giving him what he wants."

"A'ight, thanks," Bruce said, before turning and unlocking the door, exiting into the hall and leaving Andrew to pick up his bag and head to class.

Dr. Blake had stuck to the routine that Andrew expected, laying into the befuddled athletes with a callousness that screamed at Andrew from across the room. Every fiber of Andrew's small body ached to take action, to defend his friends, and protect these people who were being abused so heartlessly.

To Bruce and Steve's credit, they choked back their pride, and admitted when they were unable to answer. The difference in Dr. Blake was surprising to all but Andrew, who watched with satisfaction as Dr. Blake struggled to get the young men to chase after their false ideas. He had been forced to either answer the question himself, or call on another student who would often explain the term or provide the calculation.

By shifting the burden from themselves, they were free to learn, and found their teacher's bite had been blunted. Dr. Blake had tried to shame them into answering, with snide comments like, "Well if you don't know..." and, "If you haven't studied the material, then..." but Bruce saw through the ruse, and having already sacrificed his pride, felt free to just admit that he was not familiar with that concept.

Halfway through class, Dr. Blake realized he had lost his advantage with Bruce and Steve, the men failing to scratch the itch that drove the teacher towards them as targets. When he shifted his focus to Zack and another student, it became painful to watch, the teacher's actions almost cruel in his overt abuse of their lack of understanding.

Andrew recognized that the men wanted to comprehend the concepts, and that Zack was trying to ask the teacher to explain them. Those requests fell on deaf ears as Dr. Blake asked leading question after leading question, each exchange guiding those students further from the truth, and deeper into their own ignorance.

The smile that spread across one of the A-student's face as he basked in the frantic stuttering of Zack angered Andrew, who gripped his desk and fought from yelling at them all. Andrew knew that Dr. Blake was just as excited by what was happening as the student who was taking such intense joy from what he saw; the older man was just more practiced at hiding it.

The students did learn, and the lesson was conveyed, but Andrew recognized one simple truth: Dr. Blake was working to ensure that some students would not succeed. If not for his talents, Andrew knew he would be among that group.

Elizabeth was a gifted student, and Andrew could recognize the pain in the beautiful woman's face as she caressed her boyfriend's shoulder and tried to comfort him. The moment the bell rang out, Zack was a ghost, vanishing into the hall with reckless abandon. The frustrated man did not even pack his books into his bag. He held them under his arm as he ran into the hall.

Andrew had used his gift to record the audio from the class on his phone, activating the device the moment he realized what was happening. The problem was that he knew the teacher had never stepped over the line. Every exchange, when taken in context, had the appearance that Dr. Blake was trying to help Zack understand the concepts.

As they left the classroom, Seth stood between Andrew and their teacher, recognizing the look on Andrew's face, and knowing that his friend was eager for revenge.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna do anything," Andrew grumbled under his breath, just loud enough for Seth to hear him.

"Huh? Do what? Is something going on?" Seth asked with equal care, his face showing a feigned ignorance, as if he was just walking with Andrew, unaware of what was going on.

Once they were in the hall, Andrew clenched his fist as he hiked his rucksack further up his shoulder. The unfamiliar desire to punch something was building up within him, and he knew that whatever he had done to Sara was influencing his emotions again. Seth squinted as he studied Andrew's face, the muscles in his friend's jaw standing out as he struggled to control his temper.

"Damn, dude. You gotta let this go," Seth whispered, as he pushed Andrew to the lockers across the hall. "I know he's a giant douchebag, but he's still a teacher, and whatever satisfaction you might get from hitting him would not be worth getting expelled."

Andrew took a few deep breaths, before rolling his shoulders and bouncing on his toes. The exertion worked wonders to sooth his nerves, and soon, he could feel his normal calm settling over his thoughts. He turned his gaze and glared at the arrogant prick who was sitting behind his desk reading his magazine. The smile on the teacher's face while he whistled some unknown tune was threatening to bring Andrew's anger to the forefront again, so he looked back to Seth and shook his head.

"Yeah, I know, man..." he took another deep breath before continuing, "but, we need to do something about him."

Seth shook his head and sighed in frustration. "You aren't gonna let this go, are you?"

Andrew looked into Seth's eyes, and smiled as he said, "Hell-to-the-no."

As he walked away shaking his head, Seth responded, "Alrighty then."

There was no point in trying to stop Andrew, Seth knew that. Andrew was not stupid, and while he wanted to prevent his friend from making a mistake, Seth was eager to see how Andrew would make this work. Whatever plan the small man would come to was sure to be brilliant, and if anyone could make this happen, it would be Andrew. In the short time the two men had been friends, Seth had seen Andrew rise to and overcome many challenges that surprised him.

While he did not know how, he knew this would be no different.

Sara and Karen felt Andrew's frustration through their bond as fourth period passed, and could feel the pointed edge of his mood as it shifted towards anger the longer it went. Sara raced to History and took her seat while sharing a knowing glance with Karen, both woman concerned over what was happening, as they waited for Andrew to appear.

When Andrew's anger subsided, the tension they felt melted away, and by the time he arrived to class, they were both grinning with relief as they all shared a wistful glance. Karen was forced to swaddle Andrew's sprite in her mind, bathing him with joy and happiness, contenting herself with the mental version of what she wanted to do physically.

As Sara pulled Andrew into her embrace, she whispered into his ear, "What's going on?"

Andrew nuzzled against her shoulder, and responded, "Just Dr. Blake."

Her arms had an immediate effect, and while he grew firm, his heart grew light, any remaining tension he held fading away, pushed out by Sara's warm body. They remained like that for a few seconds before taking their seats, Andrew giving Sara a silent recount of what happened while he set up his desk.

She studied the forest, while she listened to him talk. The owl had returned, and seemed to be studying the school with great interest. After a few minutes the class began, and Sara continued to watch the bird, her unblinking eyes refusing to budge from the snow-white owl. Karen's lecture was amazing, and while Andrew savored her words, Sara maintained her vigil, refusing to allow the bird to escape unseen.

After ten minutes, she was forced to blink back tears, and once her vision returned, she was pleased to see the bird flapping its wings as each powerful beat took it further away. Within moments it had dipped below the treeline and vanished, but she was pleased to have seen the animal's departure for the first time.

The rest of class was a breeze, and while Andrew enjoyed Karen's lecture, he joined Sara in resting his head on his desk. He continued to take notes on his phone while Karen wove her tale of intrigue and betrayal in the heart of London, his gift keeping up with Karen's words easily. Andrew was discovering just how dangerous politics had been during that time of England's history, while he rested his eyes and allowed his body to relax.

Andrew had been afraid that he might drift off to sleep, but was pleased to discover that the tension in his body just seemed to fade, and his mind grew a bit hazy. He was still paying attention, but there was this cloudy distance that seemed to form around his thoughts, and the next thing he knew, the bell rang, ending class.

Sitting up, he admired Sara, who was looking at him with a beautiful smile.

"Naps are pretty fantastic!" she declared with a grin, as she packed her books and prepared to leave.

Andrew's face held a bright smile, and he realized just how relaxed he felt. All of the tension he had entered class with was gone, and the few sore muscles he had carried with him from P.E. were no longer bothering him.

"Wow, yeah. They are totally great!" he agreed.

Sara bounced over and kissed him on the cheek, before rushing out of the room. He could feel her arousal through their bond, and suspected she had fled in an attempt to keep him from messing with her. He shook his head and laughed, realizing he had missed an opportunity.

As Andrew walked past Karen's desk, her phone chimed, and Andrew winked at her. She fetched her device from her desk, and checked her messages.

"From: Man of Mystery; Glade, 11:30, bring a change of clothes."

Andrew was pleased when he felt a rush of sexual desire pour through his bond with Karen, causing his dick to strain against its confinement. She heard him chuckle as he left the room, the sound blending into the large crowd of students.

Taking a detour to their car, Andrew fetched a box of supplies and arrived in Art just as the bell rang. Andrew danced to his desk with a confident grin that forced Mrs. Rose to shake her head and laugh.

Seth was etching the final details into his miniature, while Allison unwrapped her tombstone house, the "final resting place of the american consumer." Andrew laughed and knew that her view on life was grim, but somehow appropriate for how most people lived their lives.

The other students paid close attention as Andrew set up his side of the large work station he shared with Seth. He had brought a punch board that was a little larger than the bottom of his project, several spools of different colored wires, and many containers filled with various electrical components.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 15 milliseconds