Thorn Ch. 37-42

"About that. Dad just became the alpha of our old pack, but he doesn't think he wants to go back there."

"We will talk about that back at the lodge."

"You'll help him either way right? Let him join our pack or help him with the other pack?"

"Of course, you are family. But even if you weren't, think of the pack you left back there. They need all of us helping if they are to get back to what they should have always been. There are so many that have suffered at the hands of those two monsters."

"It wasn't just the two of them. It won't be easy." Damon let his stress roll off him and Thorn reached out a hand and lay it on his shoulder.

"It will be okay. Mother Luna is going to wake up soon and sort all of us out."

"She sure is something. Though Gem gives her a run for her money."

"I can hear you." Gem laughed. "Nobody ever gives enough credit to the sidekick."

"Okay I've got to go. Tell your father we will talk as soon as Luna is okay."

***

"How you holding up Thorn?" Gem looked back at her alpha who held Luna close and never lifted his eyes from her.

"Me? I'm okay, I'll be okay as long as she is."

"We're almost there. Just keep it together. Many of the omegas and pack have rushed to the lodge. Thorn everyone loves her so much already. Maggie is at the lodge and says they have everything ready for her. You know the clinic there used to be used more than now, but it is kept well stocked and ready. She will be fine. You on the other hand have started to lose it. I can feel your wolf close to taking over and he, amazing as he is can't help with this. You need to stay in control. Breath Thorn and focus on what needs to happen."

"Gem I swear if my hands weren't full with her broken but breathing body I would either have gone wolf or rung your neck by now."

"Easy bro, I like that neck." Lucas interrupted.

"Yeah me too." Thorn raised his head for the first time and met Gemma's eyes. "I love ya Gem, but I hate that I need you guys so much. I should be able to handle this better. I will handle this better." He shook himself slightly and then began to plan. "I've told the reinforcements I'd requested to head to the lodge instead. We go straight to the clinic. While Luna is being fixed I need you both to organise a group to take a trip to the other pack. Damon and his father need to get there quickly or the pack will suffer greatly. Their alphas may have been absolute scum but they will feel the loss still. Any other vile mutts there will use the opportunity to try to take over the pack. We need to get in a team able to help all those that need it."

"Yeah alright we can do that. Easy. Next"

"I need to check in with Aaron and Kate. They will be aware of what has happened here but we have lost track of what is happening there. I picked up a few communications earlier but no great details."

"Aaron and I caught up briefly while we were still chasing our runaway alpha. Things have gone to plan so far but tonight is when they will need things to go smoothly. Kate had another vision and seems happier now. She wouldn't give more details though."

"Thanks Luc. I guess that can be moved a little bit down the list then. I have to meet with John, Luna's father. He needs to accept the position of alpha. I don't know him at all though so I am not sure how well he will lead them."

"He doesn't need to do it all alone. We will get a group to help, and if he isn't fit he can be challenged. What else?"

"I don't know. I guess we take the rest as it comes."

"Idiot. You left off the most important part."

"Respect. Luc I thought you'd have trained her far better than this." Thorn gave her a fake glare.

"Breeding and turning Thorn. High priority."

"Are you insane? That is all on hold."

"Like fuck it is. Luna will tear your head off if at the end of this she misses out on becoming one of us and having Shannon in her arms. There is no way she will forgive you if you take that away from her."

"Do you think she's changing and that's why she hasn't woken up?" Luc asked quietly.

"I don't think so. The change would have ended her ovulating, her smell still taunts me to fill her." Thorn growled. "It is so fucked up how much I want to bury myself inside her even when she is limp in my arms."

"So you will breed her and change her as soon as she is able?"

"No. She will need time. Her ovulation will end and she will stay human until after the wedding. We will complete the change next month."

"Good luck with that." Gem turned back to face the road ahead.

"Yeah considering every male at the lodge will be drooling at her scent, how do you plan to keep her safe?"

"Shut up Luc. I am not changing her while she is hurt."

"I think you should let her have a say." Lucas tried to suggest.

"She will not put herself first. She would say yes, and she would suffer."

"Maybe briefly but to her it would be worth it."

"No."

"Like I said. Idiot." Gem slapped her hand on the dash in her frustration.

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Thorn carried Luna into the clinic at the lodge. He lay her on the bed and as a male approached he leaned over her and growled.

"Thorn I need to treat her. I am very happy with my mate. We have three children and you have known me your whole life. You can trust me."

"I know. My wolf isn't quite so sure about anyone right now." Thorn moved back far enough to signal the doctor could approach and held onto Luna's hand. "She hasn't woken up all the way here."

"Probably best. The body heals better when we sleep." He began a quick assessment knowing how much time he had to examine his patient depended entirely on her mate's control.

"Mum, thank you for coming." Thorn addressed the woman who moved closer now also. "Can you be sure he never changed her?"

"I am almost certain but I have something I want to treat her bite wound with. It will show if he has, and also help it heal."

"Doc?"

"Yes, I think your mother has the best approach to the bit. The bite is on her leg?" The doctor indicated the makeshift bandage.

"Back of her thigh. The girls wrapped it as my saliva didn't seem to stop the bleeding completely."

The doctor and his mother turned Luna slightly and removed the dressing and then he watched as his mother first cleaned the wound and then applied the salve she had made for Luna.

"She is fine Thorn. He hasn't changed her. The wound will heal and barely leave a mark to remind her of this."

"Then why won't she wake up?"

"There seems to be a small amount of swelling indicating internal bleeding I'm going to need to do a scan to be sure. I'm happy to report there don't appear to be any head injuries."

"Internal ..." Thorn began to pace. A low growl coming from him as he fought for control. "Scan, now." He barely managed to order the doctor.

"Maybe you should pop out and check on the others for a second?"

"You think I'm going anywhere?"

"You need to calm down if your wolf attacks the doctor Luna is in danger." His mother tried to guide him to the door. He quickly evaded her and stood his ground.

"He will go nuts if I leave. I can keep it together."

Rose came into the room and placed a chair in the corner. "Take a seat Thorn. Try to calm down."

Thorn considered the chair and then glared at his sister. "I can barely hold it together while I'm moving if I sit, he'll think I've lost hope. If I sit I'm..."

"If you sit, you are confident in the doctor and in your mate. If you sit you are giving mum and the doctor the space they need to work. If you sit you are resting your body so you will be at your best to finish what needs to happen."

Thorn never spoke he just sat in the chair.

"Maggie if you could assist we can get this scan done." The doctor tried to get on quickly.

***

Thorn now paced in the hall he had only managed to leave the room when Luc came and dragged him away. Watching them cut her open had been the worst thing he had experienced. "Sorry Luc." He had hit his brother during the removal from the clinic.

"Brother, I would have been worse if it were Gem. Fuck I was worse when it was Gem. We hadn't even mated and I went full wolf and totally destroyed the room. The doc nearly had to leave her."

"Yeah, still sorry. How long have they been in there?"

"Not long at all. How about we go and see Lex, Tyrone and Jared. They can fill us in on what has happened with the police?"

"Yeah okay. Damon and John back yet?"

"Nah but shouldn't be too far away. Gem and Kate have been on the phone. Kate agreed with everything Gem said of course. She said to give you a hug, but let's just take it as done."

"Luc I really could use a drink or six over a hug."

"As soon as we know she's okay I'll pour us all a large one."

"Bloody tease." Thorn grumbled as they walked through to where Jared and Tyrone waited. "Where's Lex?"

"Gem and her, have headed to the house to get some stuff for Luna."

"What stuff?"

"Something to wear and clean up I guess."

"Oh right. Good thinking."

Lucas decided to move the conversation away from Luna for a while, "How did you get on with the police?"

"Yeah good. Two police from our pack attended and the non-wolf seemed aware of us but not confident enough to call us on it." Jared took the lead.

"Yeah there seems to be as many humans that have pieced it together but haven't looked for confirmation, as there is the trusted ones that have been made aware of our existence." Tyrone continued, "Lex has Luna's bag and jacket. The police have all the men in custody on numerous charges. The evidence will take all week to even process there is so much of it."

"I got her bike back and one of the pack omegas got me to put it in the garage at your place. She's a real beauty. Surprised you let her have it though." Jared saw a flash in his alpha's eyes. "Oh so that debate is still to come."

"Well round one clearly wasn't the end of it. She got the bike without me knowing. I haven't seen it till today."

"I'll look forward to seeing how that one goes. I have a feeling we will see her on that bike quite a bit." Luc grinned.

"Yeah, probably." Thorn conceded.

"Yeah they do that to us. Our women." Jared shrugged his shoulders, "It's worth it though."

"Fuck yeah." Luc agreed.

"How about we all have a drink it has been a hard day for everyone."

"Finally someone on the same page as me."

"Thorn if you drink now it will make it even harder to control your wolf."

"No problem. Nothing is going to go wrong. Everything will be fine. I won't need to control my wolf." Thorn stated with confidence. "Come on bro, she's Mother Luna, she will be fine. My mate is strong, and beautiful and I need a drink."

Jared was already pouring drinks, he handed one to Thorn "To Mother Luna, may she heal fast and be riding again soon."

The other men collected their own glasses and raised them to Luna.

Thorn raised his glass to his lips and as he went to drink he smelled the arrival of Damon and his father. Damon's father who was not pack. His mate's angry father who was now alpha. His wolf came forward again and he felt the strain of holding onto his human form.

"My daughter while in your protection is wounded, and you stand here drinking?"

"Dad. I'm sure Luna is being looked after well. I told you how much Luna and Thorn love each other. How good he is to the pack."

"I know what you told me, but I know what I see."

"Luna is in surgery. After Thorn nearly lost it in the operating room his brother, the man to your left, risked himself to remove him from the room and bring him here. They have only just managed to calm him enough to allow him to control his wolf so I would watch what you say." Gem came from behind them.

"Gem, beside me now." Lucas ordered his mate to join him in case this got ugly.

"Like fuck Luc. I won't heel just because this guy who doesn't know any of us comes in here and makes ridiculous assumptions. If he plans to be an alpha he needs to do better than that."

The man turned wolf and moved towards her and as he took only his first step both Damon and Luc changed.

"You don't want to do anything here Dad. She is my friend, my pack. The alpha's brother is her mate. He is a great fighter."

"I will not tolerate her mouthing off to me."

"She isn't mouthing off. Listen to them. They are all worried about their friend, their alpha. He is dying inside as he worries about his mate. They are all doing what they can to keep strong. To maintain control."

"Your sister. My daughter."

"Exactly so shift back and get control of yourself so we can learn how she is. Apologise and explain you are struggling to keep it together also."

"It will show weakness."

"You think it's better to show stupidity? You will die before you even get to know her."

"You think they are better than me?"

"I love you dad but I barely know you now. I know Lucas is strong and trains in multiple styles of fighting. I know Thorn is an amazing alpha and he can change fully or control his change to only parts of his body. I've never known a wolf with that kind of power and control. I will stand with them."

"You would turn against me?"

"No. I would ask that for Luna, for me, and for yourself you change back and don't put any of us in this position."

"Fine." He returned to his human form and nodded to the alpha who had not turned, "I apologise for my lack of control. As you can imagine I am not myself right now. My son has made me think about how you all must be feeling. How is my daughter?"

"Luc, Damon, Gem change back and go get dressed. Tyrone could you grab our guest something to wear."

"You want us to leave?"

"I am sure John and I can act like gentleman for a while."

"Well I'm not sure I can so I will go get John a change of clothes, Tyrone and Jared can stay here." Luc snapped as he changed. "Gem, don't you dare change until after you get upstairs. You ever threaten my mate again, I won't wait for your son to talk you down, or for my brother's permission to attack, hear me?"

"I think this pack is very different from the pack I am used to. I apologise again and promise I won't be a problem."

"I'd hold that promise. I doubt you will be able to keep it." Thorn spoke as he handed his future father-in-law a drink. "Here you can probably use this."

"She's bad?"

"Well any weak little woman would be in trouble, but Luna, she is tough. Ruptured spleen is nothing for a girl like her. She's in surgery now but she'll be interrogating you soon. She really wants to know you and Damon."

"She does?" John took a large portion of the alcohol.

"Yeah. She knows you didn't run away from her and her mother. She has had a shit life John, but she doesn't blame you for it."

"Jolene didn't look out for her?" John looked confused. "She wasn't always great wife, but she loved her daughter."

"Jolene was your wife? Luna had no idea. Jolene has been taking drugs for a real long time, she went into prostitution before Luna hit puberty. Luna has been in multiple foster homes. We have some of our pack up there checking some stuff out. There is something bad going on in your home town and I think your old alphas were connected to it based on what Luna said."

"Drugs? Prostitution? Jolene would never have..."

"Like I said things changed a lot after you were taken. I have a feeling not long after you were gone either Jolene lost it or someone else intervened. Luna cannot remember the woman you do."

"Shit. The comment back at the road, that bitch chose where Luna had to live?"

"Yeah she set her up repeatedly with rapists, juvenile delinquents, and every time she got close to finding her own way she made sure to turn her life on end again."

"She was raped and hurt because I wasn't there? All those years I stayed because they promised they would kill them both if I left. I stayed until the others were born only for Luna and Jolene. After there were Damon and Keira too, for a while I thought I could help them. Then Damon was taken away and I thought he was dead, we lost our link completely. Keira was raped and murdered by a group of the alpha's favourites. I lost hope then. I believed all my children were gone. Lost to me. But I held on to the belief Luna was safe and happy."

"You can change everything now John. Keep control of your wolf. I can feel him."

"What can I change? Fuck, I am a fool."

"No you are a survivor. You will get to know Luna and Damon now. You can have a relationship with them. You can return as the alpha of your pack and clear out all those like those mutts and build the pack back up. You can rescue all the victims, rebuild those families, you can lead them and save them."

"They won't accept me as alpha. The mutts see me as the bitch's pet, her husband's whipping boy. The rest of the pack see me as weak."

"You need to go back and deal with this as soon as you've seen Luna. You will already be noticing changes to now you have become alpha. Your wolf will be larger, stronger and feel the need to protect your pack. I saw your wolf when you killed your old alpha and I saw him just now. You are already changing. I will send a group of good wolves, men and women, with you. You are a good man John. Luna swears it, she has gifts you cannot imagine. My aunts have the gift of prophecy and they have assured me you will save your pack and be a member of our extended family. Our pack, Luna and I, will support you if you need it, and you and she will have a long, though not always easy relationship."

"You always talk openly about such big things in front of your pack members?"

"Maybe not all pack members but these two men are part of the core of this pack. The three that left, including your son are also in that group. As an alpha you cannot carry the burden entirely alone. You need good men and women you can trust to share the load."

"You're keeping my son and my daughter here?"

"Luna will never leave me, of course you can feel free to ask either of them if they wish to consider leaving."

"I think I can live without them confirming that they would chose you over me. I just hoped my son may be at my side when I went back."

"He will be one of the group that goes back with you. He needs to face that part of his life too. I see he doesn't want to go, but I know he will move forward better if he is part of changing life for all those left there."

"Maybe we could split the pack up and I could stay here. Other packs would take them in wouldn't they?"

"Don't be a pussy. You can do this. Be the man your son and daughter believe you are."

"Fuck you." John tossed the last of his drink back. "Fine, so I'll see my daughter then me and a group of do-gooders will head back and I'll be alpha."

"You don't get away with that. That attitude will get you nowhere fast. You and your support crew, which will include a few military experts, some security, a couple of omegas and a doctor, will go back and you will be a great alpha."

"I don't know what my kids see in you." John however grinned, "I'll be a better bloody alpha than you."

"Well you just keep trying John and that will be good enough."

CHAPTER FORTY

"Thorn everything okay in here?" Luc asked as he and Gem returned.

"You think we'd just be sitting back here relaxing if it wasn't?" Tyrone was quick to respond. "I know we're new to the core, but mate that's shit."

"Sorry. Instincts are still refocusing with all the changes lately."

"Oh diddums, so hard for you to carry on as you have been with a couple of new people on the team. Spare a thought for those of us still working out the basics."

"Jared has a point there Luc. So what has been going on?"

"He's going to step up to alpha of the other pack. Partly due to a challenge by Thorn and partly because he's accepted Damon and Luna belong here."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds