Thorn Ch. 37-42

"He'll be back baby." Thorn reassured her. "The aunties said you had a rough relationship remember. These few minutes definitely don't count as a relationship."

"Fuck. Damon needs his blood. Thorn make sure we get the blood. Even if Gem has to punch him to get it"

"I think we can get it without Gem getting violent."

The door opened and Lex came in swinging the backpack. "I have your bag. Who's the pissed off bloke in the hallway? He just kicked a hole in the wall. There's an omega around the corner trying to decide if they should approach or not and another one wondering how to fix the wall."

"I'll go talk to him. Damon keep an eye on Luna. She isn't as tough as she makes out."

"Could have fooled me. She kicks butt. My big sister is awesome."

"Oooohhh I am so going to like having a little brother."

"Yeah, that's only because you missed out all the annoying years. My little brother is a punk. He tattled on me to my parents every chance he got. The perv spied on my friends when they stayed over." Lex teased as she delivered the bag to Luna. "Look a little rough my friend, bad day?"

"Oh you know, nothing too exciting." Luna smiled at Lex and fished out the notebook. "Damon won't be tattling on me or checking out my friends. Two reasons, first Natalie will be hurt, second I'm Mother Luna."

"Natalie won't be hurt. I think she already knows we won't be mating."

"Like fuck she does. She is smiling from ear to ear. Her mother is planning a small ceremony. It sounds lovely. She is trying to give you some space but can't wait to see you." Lex rolled her eyes at Luna, "It must be genetic, remember when you didn't think Thorn wanted you either."

"Well I'm human, this doofus has no excuse."

"Hey, that's a bit harsh. It isn't like I know anything about women, or mating. In my old pack males and females were all prey or pawns. Well apart from our alphas and their monsters. The women that found mates were bred and then kept apart from their mates unless some sick sport of the top dogs saw them put together again. Usually to punish them by making them watch others use or hurt their mate. Unmated wolves were attacked regularly as soon as they went through puberty."

"Well that means we've made the right choice then."

"What choice?"

"While you go through the change etc you will need me. The other girls too. So I am letting both my men go with the group heading out to the other pack."

"Both of them? Lex that will tear you apart."

"They couldn't resolve the argument of who would stay and who would go. I settled it."

"Then you should go too. Gem and Kate will be here."

"I thought about that. Kate may not be back and has just mated. Gem, well she's a feisty bitch but she isn't good at just waiting around."

The door flew open, "I'll give you feisty bitch, I can manage on my own I don't need you or Kate, especially if you're going to be acting like you are better than me." Gem got up close to Lex, "So piss off with your military men and help those that need it. Luna and I, we're good. Right LJ?"

"Damn straight. Besides it sounds like I'll be well fucked and then sleep a bit. What do I need company for?"

"And she called you a doofus." Lex laughed as she patted Damon on the arm. "I'll let your little brother and the bitch here explain it. Sounds like I have to pack."

"Lex, be careful. Love you." Luna said as Lex gave her a hug and quickly gave Gem one too before leaving.

"Are you sure you've been well educated about the change? Damon asked gently.

"Yes, fuck, bite, sleep, wake up, period of adjustment, wedding."

"He cannot seriously have left you so unprepared."

"Damon. Luna knows everything. Trust me Thorn and us girls all talked to death about it. If she wants to bury her head in the sand and gloss over it that's just Luna. She knows."

"You sure about everything? Any questions or doubts?"

"I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever get feeling back in my left hand."

"What's wrong with your hand?" Gem looked down at the bed and realised it was Luna's left hand she had clenched in her own. "Ooops. Well at least when you change you'll be less fragile. You scared the shit out of me today." Gem released the hand and pulled an envelope out of her jacket pocket. "Now if I was to read this would I be really pissed off?"

"Possibly."

"Okay then." She took a lighter from her other pocket and with a flick set fire to the envelope before placing it in a metal pan to burn away.

"Love you Gem. Sorry."

"Yeah, whatever. I'll give you some time with your brother. Catch you later." Gem wiped a tear from her eye as she leaned down and whispered in Luna's ear, "Ever do that again and I'll tear you a new one. Double the fucking moonbeams." She gave Luna a wink before leaving.

"You lot are either really awesome or totally fucking crazy I just haven't decided which yet." Damon now pulled up a chair. "So what do we need to do for this blood bond?"

"If your father doesn't provide his blood we will try it with just mine. So don't worry yet okay?"

"Our Dad, is giving blood right now. Thorn is talking to him."

"Okay then so I better check out my instructions."

"Or we could just wing it. Guys hate reading the instructions."

"Yeah, well I just got a brother today. I have no desire to accidentally kill him or turn him into a frog or something."

"Are you a witch Luna? I know you have some gifts but I don't really know what they are."

"I'm still learning about them too. It seems I may be a bit of an overachiever in the gift department. I found out I could sense stuff. You know just danger really if I pay enough attention. But most people have that to some degree. Then when Thorn linked with me communicating with him mentally and even walling my thoughts came pretty easily, but I didn't think it was any more than the mate bond. Then I went to see his aunts. Found out I can communicate with spirits. Then after I left I found this book they hand put in my bag. It seems to say I have other gifts that will develop when I turn. I don't think I'm a witch though."

"Phew. My old pack had a witch. She was scarier than anyone or anything I have ever known. She was the alpha's sister. She was..."

"Damon, you just gave me the bit I've been missing. The witch was she his sister or hers?"

"Hers."

"Where is she?"

"They sealed her into a cell at the old pack. She looked like a decaying corpse but still radiated evil. Her sister wanted her dead but he insisted she be kept alive."

"Of course he did. I know the answer to one of the riddles in this book now. Damon you have to kill her. She cursed you. I believe she also cursed my mother. I think the reason he was so strong is because they were somehow linked."

"If I kill her the curse will be broken?"

"I'm not sure. But it is worth a try. If not we can still do the blood bond. I just really hated the idea of you being bonded to anyone against your will again."

"Luna, it isn't the same."

"Logically I know that."

"If we do the blood bond I will be stronger to do what I need to do back there. We should continue. The book and your aunts all point to the blood bond as being the best choice."

"Don't go thinking you're going to boss me around."

"Honey, I've seen you and Gem in action. I wouldn't even dream of it. But let me make this choice Luna. Let me be the one that decides on my own path. Just as you are deciding yours. I have the right to finally live my life."

"Shit you just won that one didn't you. Had to get all intellectual on me. Clear arguments. Rights, and a little bit of guilt. If I ever need legal counsel you're hired."

"Thorn is on his way. Dad has decided to calm down a bit more but will be back later."

Luna quickly read the piece of paper in the back of the notebook. She nodded as she read and then closed the book. "Good news is no tricky foreign languages to learn. Bad news is you have to bleed too."

"Is that the only bad news?"

"You need to drink the mixture we're going to make. It doesn't sound too great.

"If the main ingredient are blood of my family and newt's eyes and chicken feet I am going to gag."

"Well correct on the blood, luckily it is a little better than newt's eyes or feet."

"What do we need?"

"How about you just take a deep breath, Thorn and Natalie are coming with the ingredients."

"You sent for Natalie?" He paled.

"Damon, as your big sister I'm going to tell you something you need to hear. You are worthy of love. You are a good man. Natalie is the sweetest young woman I have ever met. Give it a chance. As your alpha I'm going to tell you something you should never forget. I look after my family. I look after my pack. I won't let you hurt yourself or her. Got it?"

"But I..."

"Give it a chance. I'm not ordering you to mate. Deep breath and a day at a time."

"I'm having second thoughts about the whole big sister thing."

"Oh little brother you really are a doofus, you should be up to at least fourth or fifth thoughts by now."

"I was trying to be polite." He groaned.

They sat smiling stupid grins at each other, and that was how Thorn and Natalie found them.

"Looks like these two have been up to something Nat."

"Based on the ingredients we were asked to gather I'm not sure I want to know."

"Please don't tell me what is in there."

"Really? You don't want to brace yourself?"

"Believe me if I start thinking about what is in there I'll never get it down."

"Thorn, can you pass me the needle? The blood I have currently headed to the café needs to be replaced."

"Already sorted that, you bled more than enough in the operating room."

"Thorn it better be my blood. I don't want to accidentally bond my brother to someone else."

"Definitely yours love. Nobody else gave up any blood or organs in there today."

"Okay then if everything is in the cup as I asked pass it to me." As she accepted the cup she held it in both hands. "Okay Damon you need to add a few drops as I say the words."

Damon took a look at Natalie and then asked Thorn "Alpha can you please assist, I don't have the ability to turn only my hand or my teeth?"

"Natalie brought you a knife, you can use that if you prefer."

Natalie took the napkin wrapped knife from the tray and passed it to him. As her hand touched his he held her still. "Thank you Natalie. I'm sorry I've been too busy for us to talk tonight. I look forward to spending some time with you once my sister is resting."

"I will be joining you on the trip back to..."

"Natalie you can't go there. I couldn't bare you to see..."

"Damon, knife, cut, blood, now. You and Natalie can discuss that later."

"Sorry. Damon sliced along his palm then holding his hand over the cup he let the drops fall in as Luna spoke.

"By the blood of my father John Robert, the blood of your sister Luna Jade I bind you to your family Damon Michael. I bind you to the family Thompson." She raised the cup to him, "Drink Damon. Your blood, my blood, his blood."

Damon quickly emptied the cup. His look of anxiety quickly changing to relief as he realised the horrible concoction he had feared was similar to a mulled wine. In fact it was pretty good.

"Feel any different?" Luna raised an eyebrow.

"No, I don't..."

"Damon I can smell you." Natalie spoke then corrected herself, "Well I mean we could smell you before but it was so faint. Now it is like you've become..."

"Stinkier? Awesome, just what I always wanted."

"Damon, give it time. I'm sure we will notice other changes."

"Give it time Thorn? Are you kidding me?" Damon looked at Luna, "Sorry to disappoint you, apparently this is all I am."

"You is all you ever needed to be. Damon, I didn't bond to you to change who you are. I did it because I want you to be able to let go of your past."

"Maybe a memory erase would be better then."

"Damon you're losing control." Thorn warned. Natalie stepped closer and as she went to put her hand on his arm he changed.

"Um wasn't he a small grey wolf before?" Luna looked between Thorn and Natalie who both stood staring at the silver and white wolf that now stood between them. "Small and grey?"

"Damon, do you feel any different?" Natalie asked quietly. He stepped forward and leaned against her. She felt him pressing her toward the door. "You want me to go?"

"He wants you to run." Thorn cocked his head as Damon clearly communicated with his alpha. He laughed as Damon expressed how eager he was to chase his mate. "You better run fast Nat because he is going to give chase."

"He feels better doesn't he?" Luna asked wishing she could communicate with her brother. He came forward and licked her face "That is disgusting." She laughed.

"He said Natalie and he couldn't communicate either but by tomorrow you and he would be able to. Of course if Natalie doesn't run fast she will be able to communicate with him much sooner."

"Looks like your mate has made up his mind Nat. Hope you've packed for the trip."

"He wants me? Oh shit he really wants me." Natalie quickly changed and ran from the room with a couple of sharp yips. Damon howled and then if Luna wasn't mistaken winked at her before given pursuit.

"My brother just winked at me, as a wolf."

"Yup."

"Is it sort of weird that out of those things it's the brother bit freaking me out most? In a good way of course."

"Not at all baby. Although any other wolves wink at you I will tear their throats out."

"Luna smiled at her man, "I'll send out a memo to warn everyone." She paused and then quietly asked, "Where's John?"

"I've set him up with some meetings to plan the return back to his pack."

"I'm not going to apologise."

"Wouldn't expect you to. Not likely he will either but I think he'll accept the way it is and move forward."

"Okay then."

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

"You up for a visitor?" Rose asked from the door way. Luna beckoned her in.

"I would have come sooner but I was waiting for Thorn to leave."

"You avoiding your brother or avoiding your alpha?"

"Depends. I'm avoiding my alpha so he can't order me to travel with John. I'm avoiding my brother so he can't tease me or bully me about John."

"Yet you thought you were safe to come here? I could start telling everyone you're my step-mum, ask what your intentions are with my father..."

"I am an always will be your sister Luna. We already decided that. I have no intentions concerning your father."

"When you can't resist any longer and you two hook up it will be weird to introduce you both. 'This is my father John, and his wife, my sister Rose.' So I think we may need to rethink the sister thing."

"I am telling you I am not mating him."

"Open the book on the table Rose."

Rose picked up the book. "Is this the infamous prophecy?"

"Read the page."

Luna watched Rose scan the page and watched her pale as she read. "Fuck you Luna." She closed the book and slammed it down on the table. Before she got through the door Luna spoke.

"Rose, playing hard to get is pointless when you know it will happen. Give in."

"But Shannon..."

"Shannon would not have wanted you alone forever. He wouldn't have wanted you to mourn him for hundreds of years."

"He wouldn't want me fucking mating someone else."

"If you had died and Shannon had been left behind would you have felt that way? It's bullshit Rose. You know it. You're scared."

"I can't love someone like that again." Rose confessed quietly.

"Come and sit down." Luna patted the edge of the bed.

"What if he, what if I lose him, what if I have to bury another mate?" Luna cried as Luna wrapped her arms around her.

"Shhhh it will be okay Rose. How old did that book say you were?"

"Four hundred and seventy-six."

"Wouldn't a few hundred years with your mate be worth possibly losing him later? A family Rose? As you read about your children and your grandchildren sitting with you on your birthday didn't you know it was what you wanted more than your next breath?"

"Yes."

"Good because I just asked Thorn if he could my father to come see me."

"He said you and him weren't talking." Rose sat up and quickly wiped her eyes.

"Only because neither of us wants to back down. I think you'll distract him enough I won't need to. I don't really care that he won't. We will just move forward."

"You are using me Luna." Rose frowned at her friend, her brother's mate, her... "That is no way to treat your stepmother."

They both laughed and almost at once said that was never being said again. Clearly they couldn't be sisters but they would never be mother and daughter either.

There was a knock on the door and it opened, "You asked for me?"

"Yeah I wanted to talk to Rose and after we chatted for a bit we decided it was time for you to join us."

"Rose? You ok me being here?"

"Yes, John, I'm fine."

"I want you and Rose to get married here John. I don't think I'll be up to travelling to your pack lands for a while and I won't miss the wedding."

"Wedding?" John looked from his daughter to Rose confused.

"Well you don't think I'm just going to mate some guy that won't even marry me do you?" Rose smiled.

"You said you would never... You said only one mate and you had yours... Rose I..."

"Oh dear Rose I think he changed his mind. Men can be so fickle. Maybe he found someone else?"

"Someone who aches for him as much as I do? Someone who is very sorry she didn't run when he first made his claim and let him show me he was the wolf for me?"

"Maybe if you run now he may change his mind back?" Luna watched her friend remove her clothes and place them on the bed before changing into a chocolate coloured wolf. As she went through the open door Luna winked at her father "I wouldn't muck around too much if I was you, I'll close my eyes though I've seen enough naked men today."

"I don't know what happened, but thank you." He stripped quickly and howled as he gave chase.

"Thorn I hope you don't mind but I just played match maker for John and Rose and I think it is highly unfair everyone else round here is getting action except me. Soooo could you pretty please come and love me?"

"You were meant to be resting. I should have known you were up to something when you asked me to send John through."

"I rested. I could hear the two guards at my door chatting so it was hard to get to sleep but then their voices just lulled me off like having a radio on in the background."

"I'll tell them to be quiet. Go back to sleep."

"I can't now. Rose visited and then her and John left and I was thinking about Damon and Natalie and all the other mated couples and how lucky we all were and then I was thinking about how much I love you and well... Thorn I'm all wet and need you so badly."

Thorn growled gently which sent a shiver through her body. "Another few hours rest baby and I will be deep inside you."

She changed from verbal communication only to the visual communication they had shared the very first time they had connected. She now had no trouble with all forms of communication with him and could shut him out easily too. "Now Thorn please. I can't wait. My fingers are sliding in the wet warm hole that aches for your cock. I can smell myself baby I'm going to touch my clit and I'll be screaming my release and you won't even be here with me. Please don't let me cry out alone."

"Wait for me baby."

"I can't wait hours Thorn. I can't. I need it more than ever. I think it's a sign..."

Thorn waked into the room he took her fingers from between her legs and sucked them into his mouth before he spoke, "I sign you're a horny little troublemaker."

"But I'm your horny little troublemaker." She smiled as he replaced her fingers with his own.

"I'm not making love to you baby. I'm just going to help you relax."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 167 milliseconds