To Love a Were Ch. 06

"That's right! So why are we here again?"

"Shopping... for the babies and for Eian. It's his birthday today."

They walked around searching for the best gifts; finally settling for teething toys for the babies and a bottle of wine for Eian. Sydney had packed an extra set of clothes for she's staying over at the compound tonight. It has become a common occurrence now and she's slowly trying fit in.

When they reached the house, they were surprised to see Eian and Fiona there as well.

"Damn, we missed the party!" said Dominic. "But I've got wine! Sorry Eian, it's actually you're birthday present but I think a celebration like this calls for wine don't you think?"

Eian gave a small laugh at his friend's remark. It was so like Dominic to make a personalized gift, a communal one. He didn't mind anyway. It was the thought that counts; sitting with everyone drinking wine was much better than drinking it by himself anyway.

Dominic had poured one for everyone but hesitated when he was about to pour for Fiona. He gave his Alpha a confirming look but Eian kept quiet.

Ask her yourself. She's not a child.

Dominic was surprised. Usually Eian would decide almost everything for Fiona.

"Fiona, would you like a glass too? I mean I don't really..."

"I... No, it's ok... I'll just take a sip of Eian's. I don't want to waste such an expensive gift by not drinking it up," she said sweetly.

After Pearl cut a slice of the cake each for Dominic and Sydney, they sat and chatted about the plans for the new couple's house.

"I brought along the lease papers. Have you decided on the architect and construction company?" asked Eian, taking a sip of his wine.

"Yes I have," said Sydney. "The other day during the bidding, one of the companies caught my attention. Since they didn't win the contract, I decided to hire them. As for the architect, I've asked my brother. He's willing to give us a big discount," she said with a big smile.

"What?!" exclaimed Pearl. "My baby brother has nothing to say about this?"

"Heh, my days of dominance are over. I'm a wolf that has been tamed and reeled in. What can I say?" he replied with a nonchalant shrug, making everyone burst out in laugher.

"So when are you two lovebirds gonna get hitched already?" asked Big Mike as he placed a hand over his wife's shoulder. Sydney turned slightly and caught Fiona's gaze and smiled.

"Can you believe this woman? I've proposed twice and yet I'm still single," said Dominic shaking his head exaggeratedly.

"You're always so overdramatic," said Pearl. "So Sweetie, what do you say?" she turned her attention to Sydney and winked.

Everyone turned their attention towards her and kept quiet.

"Yes!" she exclaimed and everyone burst out in applause. Pearl immediately began rattling off excitedly about the wedding plans.

"Oh god... there's the dress and the cake and the music and oh god I'm having palpitations just thinking about it!" she said excitedly. Sydney couldn't help laughing. Obviously dramatic expressions ran in the family.

"Will you be getting married here?" asked Fiona excitedly. "Can I be your bridesmaid?"

"Of course sweetheart! You and Pearl and my sister-in-law okay? Eian, would it be alright if I brought my family here? It's going to be quite a lot of people... would it be okay to bring them within the compound?" she asked cautiously. It just occurred to her that as Alpha his permission had not been asked.

He gave her a warm smile, "Work out the guest list from your side first and we'll work it out. As of the moment, I think you'll find that the plot of land that I'm leasing to you is big enough and scenic enough for the wedding," he beamed as he pushed the papers in front of Dominic and Sydney.

"Eian!" exclaimed Dominic. "You're... you're letting us build our house near the lake? I... I'm so thankful for your generosity, Alpha..."

Fiona felt Eian's hand covering over hers under the table, giving it a squeeze. She smiled and returned his gesture with a squeeze back.

"I hope everything's settled then. Fiona and I will take our leave now. Have a good rest everyone," said Eian as he got up and headed to the door. Fiona gave the women a hug each and promised to come by over the weekend to discuss the wedding plans.

After waving goodbye to everyone, Eian and Fiona walked down the snowy path back to their home. Sometime during their walk, his hand found hers and held it tightly. Fiona didn't pull her hand away for there was something about the way they were holding hands that made her feel calm and protected. There was no need for words now.

***

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 290 milliseconds